PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed III > The Tyranny of King Washington, Part 3: Redemption
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-23-2013, 03:17 PM   #1
ShaggyB

ShaggyB's Gamercard
So a question about the Apple. Spoilers possible (AC3 regular ending spoiled)

Ok some of you have had this dlc for a day and the ending is already out there. I will keep it spoiler free on my end, but where did this apple come from as the one in Connar's village fades into nothingness at the end of AC3?
ShaggyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #2
ExiLeR

ExiLeR PT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
Ok some of you have had this dlc for a day and the ending is already out there. I will keep it spoiler free on my end, but where did this apple come from as the one in Connar's village fades into nothingness at the end of AC3?
All this "Washington" DLC serie is a dream... since the beginning!! So, everything is possible, even being a wolf, an eagle or a bear.

Quote:
In the shattered reality of The Tyranny of King Washington, the events that shaped a young Mohawk warrior into the heroic Connor of AC3 never happened thrusting a confused Ratonhnhaké:ton into a sometimes torturous, yet occasionally blissful, waking dream.
Source
Old 04-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #3
ShaggyB

ShaggyB's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiLeR View Post
All this "Washington" DLC serie is a dream... since the beginning!! So, everything is possible, even being a wolf, an eagle or a bear.

Source
Not exactly. See the ending to know what i mean (or the beginning of the 1st dlc pack before Connar awakes to his mothers voice).

Last edited by ShaggyB; 04-23-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #4
ExiLeR

ExiLeR PT's Gamercard
Quote:
Not exactly. See the ending to know what i mean. there be an apple
"In the shattered reality of The Tyranny of King Washington, the events that shaped a young Mohawk warrior into the heroic Connor of AC3 never happened thrusting a confused Ratonhnhaké:ton into a sometimes torturous, yet occasionally blissful, waking dream."

It's another "reality" that nothing as to do with the AC3 ending... it's only a (bad) dream.

Even his mother was alive in episode 1 if you remember
Old 04-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #5
ShaggyB

ShaggyB's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiLeR View Post
It's another "reality" that nothing as to do with the AC3 ending... it's only a (bad) dream.

Even his mother was alive in episode 1 if you remember
Have you seen the ending? He awakes from the "dream". Yet there is a physical apple. Im asking where it came from.

here for those that want it spoiled for them further:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxlVsmNF3Tw

Last edited by ShaggyB; 04-23-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #6
ExiLeR

ExiLeR PT's Gamercard
Quote:
Have you seen the ending? He awakes from the "dream". Yet there is a physical apple. Im asking where it came from.
Ohh, ok. Obviously it came from................................

I don't know then. So as you said: I will have to play it first.

(starting episode 3 now)
Old 04-23-2013, 07:31 PM   #7
Njmongoose

Njmong00se's Gamercard
SPOILER

It was taken from a soldier in Yorktown by Washington's men. Collect the three memory fragments and watch the extra movie to see it for yourself. There isnt really any more info (or Ive missed it)

END SPOILER
Old 04-23-2013, 07:50 PM   #8
Daemon300

Daemon300's Gamercard
Yeah, the three lucid memory artifacts in all of the episodes unlock a 'Memory Fragment' on the map (or maps, since there's 3 maps) that you can go to and watch a short movie that shows what happened before Connor entered the dream.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:05 PM   #9
stuhp

WittiestOdin123's Gamercard
Strange, I don't quite remember seeing any available movies until now. I only just saw a red blip on the map for this third episode, but nothing for the previous two.

I'll have to go back and see them, but I'm generally disappointed that this whole thing was a "just a dream" story. Those are the worst kinds of time wasters.

EDIT: Yes, I half figured that it was a "just a dream" story from the beginning, but I got it anyway because it was on sale. So, you know. Why not. Just kinda wish the ending specifically would've taken a much more different route than the current one. Big slap in the face.

I'm not random: you just have a hard time predicting my next move.

"It may be that the only fit teachers never teach but are artists, and artists of the kind most blankly masked and least didactic." ~ James Agee, Let Us Now Praise Famous Men

Last edited by stuhp; 04-23-2013 at 08:09 PM.
stuhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:05 PM   #10
ShaggyB

ShaggyB's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon300 View Post
Yeah, the three lucid memory artifacts in all of the episodes unlock a 'Memory Fragment' on the map (or maps, since there's 3 maps) that you can go to and watch a short movie that shows what happened before Connor entered the dream.
Ah, so i need to get all three from every dlc. Do we have a guide or some map pics with them marked?
Old 04-24-2013, 12:25 PM   #11
ShaggyB

ShaggyB's Gamercard
found a few video walkthroughs for each episode over on ign showing the lucid dream locations. Thanks again for the help. They should really have put an achievement in each episode associated with getting the memory fragments. The video is worth the work as it answers the "what the hell" howd he get an apple to begin with question.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #12
Daemon300

Daemon300's Gamercard
The memory fragments count for the 'Reach 100% synchronization in X area' achievements I think.

EDIT: I meant memory artifacts.

Last edited by Daemon300; 04-24-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Daemon300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:45 PM   #13
ShaggyB

ShaggyB's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon300 View Post
The memory fragments count for the 'Reach 100% synchronization in X area' achievements I think.

EDIT: I meant memory artifacts.
They do, but if I dont care to ever get 100% on memory play throughs.... their is no incentive for me to seek them out. Hell, I didnt even know they had a pay off movie until yesterday. Went home and actively found them all in episode 1 and 2.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:41 AM   #14
ThePumpkinKing

The Winter King's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuhp View Post
Strange, I don't quite remember seeing any available movies until now. I only just saw a red blip on the map for this third episode, but nothing for the previous two.

I'll have to go back and see them, but I'm generally disappointed that this whole thing was a "just a dream" story. Those are the worst kinds of time wasters.

EDIT: Yes, I half figured that it was a "just a dream" story from the beginning, but I got it anyway because it was on sale. So, you know. Why not. Just kinda wish the ending specifically would've taken a much more different route than the current one. Big slap in the face.
How, exactly, is it a "big slap in the face"???

From the moment this DLC was announced, it's been made perfectly clear that the events were unfolding in an "alternate-universe" type scenario.

That said. I can't imagine how you could be slap-in-the-face surprised to find out none of it actually happened. Hell. If anything I was surprised that they actually tied it to the main game in a manner that made sense.
Resident Evil 5
ThePumpkinKing is offline   Reply With Quote