PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Red Dead Redemption
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-22-2013, 02:33 AM   #1
Anthonymb

Anthonymrb's Gamercard
Should I Do This?

I am going to play through the game doing only main missions until I finish. Once that is done I can go do all hideouts and other misc achievements. Can I do this and still not miss achievements? Are there many story related ones?
Anthonymb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:54 AM   #2
bblcreator8790

bblcreator8790's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
You can do this, but I wouldn't recommend it because doing some of the other tasks will get you money which will allow you to get better guns earlier on in the game. It also seems like more trouble than it's worth to skip everything but the main story missions because you'll want to make progress towards the other stuff as you go to save time in the long run. It's probably more tolerable to do the side tasks as you go so you don't have to do them all at the end since they can get a little monotonous; I prefer to break it up by doing main story missions. I certainly wouldn't want to do all 20 bounties in a row since it gets boring after awhile. But each to his own.

There is only one missable achievement, the one to beat 20 main story missions in a row without changing your horse. The rest can be obtained after the story is finished. There aren't that many story related achievements, maybe 8 or so? Most are for doing the other stuff.

Last edited by bblcreator8790; 03-22-2013 at 02:56 AM.
bblcreator8790 is offline   Reply With Quote