PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-22-2013, 06:36 PM   #1
punker

punkerhardcore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
DuckTales!

Quote:
Capcom is bringing back DuckTales in a new game developed by WayForward Technologies. This is one of the two new games teased by Capcom ahead of the "World of Capcom" panel, along with Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara.

The new DuckTales, of course, is inspired by the NES classic, a Mega Man-esque game in which Scrooge McDuck used his cane as both a golf club and a pogo stick. The new version has new hand-drawn sprites, and features original voice work. It's coming to Wii U, PSN, and XBLA for $15.

Update: DuckTales Remastered is actually a full remake of the NES game, with new features including a museum and "A MONEY BIN YOU CAN ACTUALLY SWIM IN!" So we've now solved that mystery, and rewritten history to reflect it.

I don't expect anyone who isn't at least 30 to care about this, but this is friggin' amazing. I used to play the hell out of this game when I was a kid.

Your = possessive. As in, "your grammar sucks."
You're = you are. As in, "you're an idiot for not knowing the difference."

Proper capitalization matters. There is a massive difference between, "I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse," and, "i helped my uncle jack off a horse."
punker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #2
Felonious Monk

HopeStillFlies's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Gamer Chick!   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by punker View Post
I don't expect anyone who isn't at least 30 to care about this, but this is friggin' amazing.
Some of us acknowledge that our current cartoons are absolute shit compared to Disney Afternoon selections.

Is Gizmoduck going to be in this new one? He was introduced in the show after the original game came out I think, right?

Maybe we can marge these two topics together while we're at it.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:00 PM   #3
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Monk View Post
Some of us acknowledge that our current cartoons are absolute shit compared to Disney Afternoon selections.

Is Gizmoduck going to be in this new one? He was introduced in the show after the original game came out I think, right?

I remember him being in the game.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:02 PM   #4
A ZombieTwinkie

A ZombieTwinkie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:

Just saw that this one was posted the exact same time as mine. Figured a mod could lock/delete mine, at least the video embedded in yours, haha.

OT - Gizmo Duck was in the original Ducktales game, but he wasn't playable and he just came in and knocked down a wall or two if I remember.

*Props to G A C K T for the awesome sig*

A ZombieTwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #5
Akuza

Akuza89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
I don't expect anyone who isn't at least 30 to care about this, but this is friggin' amazing. I used to play the hell out of this game when I was a kid.
why? I'm 24 and I know what ducktales is and I love it!

As I said in the other topic created at the exact same time.

It works out to about 1200 points, I hope they just do this one, as I didn't think much of ducktales 2...
YU-GI-OH Arc V
Akame Ga Kill!
Gundam Reconguista in G
Old 03-22-2013, 07:17 PM   #6
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I heard via Google Circles that if DuckTales does well enough, Capcom will remake Chip N Dale.

It's hard to believe anyone on Google Circles, but I'm all for both DuckTales and CND getting remakes. Easily some of the best games on the NES.

Thanks to the great Cpt Slaughter for the VGCE Show Logo!

JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:19 PM   #7
_DaNnY_

DaBlackAlbino's Gamercard
Quote:
DuckTales Remastered Reveal Trailer (Sing-Along) - YouTube

Hahaha I was like 3-4 years old when this shit was coming out, saw it when I was older though, it was an amazing cartoon. If only they would actually release the next volume of the series on DVD.

As for the game, looks hit/miss. I like DuckTales but not sure about the gameplay we're seeing here.
_DaNnY_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:21 PM   #8
Capn Doug
Community and Events Lead

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 50 (more» ...)
I always preferred Darkwing Duck to Ducktales when it came to my cartoon preferences, but this is just awesome news. It's been a long time since I've known I was going to pick up an XBLA game on day 1.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:29 PM   #9
A ZombieTwinkie

A ZombieTwinkie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by _DaNnY_ View Post
Hahaha I was like 3-4 years old when this shit was coming out, saw it when I was older though, it was an amazing cartoon. If only they would actually release the next volume of the series on DVD.

As for the game, looks hit/miss. I like DuckTales but not sure about the gameplay we're seeing here.
The DVD is supposed to be out this year. We'll see. As for the game play, it looks like it's staying how it was back on the NES version, which was pretty decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post
I always preferred Darkwing Duck to Ducktales when it came to my cartoon preferences, but this is just awesome news.
Same here. I actually didn't get into Ducktales for some time.

*Props to G A C K T for the awesome sig*

A ZombieTwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #10
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
I don't expect anyone who isn't at least 30 to care about this, but this is friggin' amazing.
I think it's "friggin' amazing" and I'm not 30.

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:00 PM   #11
punker

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Well then I'm pleasantly surprised. I was nine when this game came out in 1989... so I figured anyone who hadn't played it back in the day-- or those who had never watched the show-- wouldn't care about it.

Proper capitalization matters. There is a massive difference between, "I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse," and, "i helped my uncle jack off a horse."
Old 03-22-2013, 09:49 PM   #12
JimCant

JimCant's Gamercard
I had one of the games for the old Gameboy. That game was awesome!! I remember jumping around on his cane haha.

The tv show is awesome

JimCant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:34 PM   #13
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
So be honest, everytime you hear or read "DuckTales" you immediately hear the theme song. Or at least the "woo-oo".

As others have said, we need Darkwing Duck.

Change is inevitable.

Last edited by Grifter Reborn; 03-22-2013 at 10:39 PM.
Grifter Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:52 PM   #14
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnichoj View Post
I think it's "friggin' amazing" and I'm not 30.
Oh good...the bronie thinks it's amazing.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:07 PM   #15
Didi Mau

Send a message via MSN to Didi Mau

CuriousJewbeard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Gold   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCant View Post
I had one of the games for the old Gameboy. That game was awesome!! I remember jumping around on his cane haha.

The tv show is awesome
Same for me, our family never had a NES but I played the hell out of the original Game Boy's port. Definitely picking this up!
Didi Mau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:40 PM   #16
Noisy Neighbour

Noisy neighbour's Gamercard
Quote:
Actually this was the first game i ever played (around 3 years old). 22 now and absolutely fucking cannot wait to pick this up.

Assassin's Creed ~ Trine 2

Notable completions:

Burnout Revenge ~ Far Cry Instincts Predator
Noisy Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:45 AM   #17
Felonious Monk

HopeStillFlies's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Gamer Chick!   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Oh good...the bronie thinks it's amazing.
There's really no shared traits between the two shows, though, so I don't know if it proves anything.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:55 AM   #18
Winkuru

Winkuru's Gamercard
Never got to play the original game so this is pretty cool.
Winkuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #19
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
There's really no shared traits between the two shows, though, so I don't know if it proves anything.
I just find it odd that he likes it since it's not something that was designed to be appealing to girls 10 and under.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #20
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Man....Ducktales and what was the other cartoon with Baloo?

EDIT: Just thought of it, Tailspin.

Last edited by Spanish Assault; 03-23-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:54 PM   #21
punker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
Man....Ducktales and what was the other cartoon with Baloo?

Old 03-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #22
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
LOL...I had the plane from this cartoon.....loved it.

Old 03-23-2013, 04:24 PM   #23
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyVersion1 View Post
I heard via Google Circles that if DuckTales does well enough, Capcom will remake Chip N Dale.

It's hard to believe anyone on Google Circles, but I'm all for both DuckTales and CND getting remakes. Easily some of the best games on the NES.
Now you have a point. I would love to see Chip and Dale get re released. Me and my bro completed that on our first sitting. I hope we get more classics released.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:45 PM   #24
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadentBeaver View Post
Now you have a point. I would love to see Chip and Dale get re released. Me and my bro completed that on our first sitting. I hope we get more classics released.
I'm sure we will Graham. Ever since God of War Collection was released there has been a ''SLY Collection'',Metal Gear solid collection,Jak and Daxter Collection,hell even a Dragon Ball Z Budokia 2 and 3 Collection. (Which I will pick up when its much cheaper as 35$ is still to high ha ha.)

Thanks goes to Captain Slaughter for the signature.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:55 AM   #25
KangarooPouch

A KangarooPouch's Gamercard
woot ducktales!

KangarooPouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:26 AM   #26
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuza View Post
why? I'm 24 and I know what ducktales is and I love it!

As I said in the other topic created at the exact same time.

It works out to about 1200 points, I hope they just do this one, as I didn't think much of ducktales 2...
Exactly, i'm 24... only us 80's and 90's kids would know what Ducktales is. we dont need to be 30. i used to watch this..... darkwing duck, talespin, gooftroop etc... all the time.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #27
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
as much as i'm looking forward to this, i don't like the look of the 2.5d backgrounds.
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:37 PM   #28
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalie View Post
Exactly, i'm 24... only us 80's and 90's kids would know what Ducktales is. we dont need to be 30. i used to watch this..... darkwing duck, talespin, gooftroop etc... all the time.
But being in your 30's in this case makes you way more cooler. I'm totally not just telling myself that so I don't feel old. ...I feel old : ( lol
Old 03-24-2013, 01:40 PM   #29
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
But being in your 30's in this case makes you way more cooler. I'm totally not just telling myself that so I don't feel old. ...I feel old : ( lol
yeah....we watched the episodes NEW...not reruns....just like the Cosby Show...

Old 03-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #30
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Good thing there's fond memories of these old cartoons. It's only a matter of time until Michael Bay makes them all into a live action movie and sours those memories.

Change is inevitable.

Grifter Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote