PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Gears of War: Judgment
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-27-2013, 01:30 AM   #31
CORPSIE19

CORPSIE19's Gamercard
awesome im ganna give this a try
CORPSIE19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #32
BootlegVenom

BootlegVenom's Gamercard
Atrium 3 Stars

Found that when doing Atrium, I spot the enemy (Click Left Stick) fire a few rounds in, and let my npc finish them off. This should get a ribbon every 3 mobs, which helps get the full 3 star rating. Did it a few times to test this, out of 5 runs, got 3 stars on 4 of them.

BootlegVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:21 AM   #33
Akumario

I need 1 star more on each last mission, total of 3 stars more to get, and they are Hard to get. Thanks for the Tips tho. my GT is AKUMARIO UCHIHA ,I will stop haunting them and I will get this at the end.
Akumario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:26 AM   #34
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Sophia and Paduk gave me no trouble.
First two for Cole were pretty annoying.

I think the stuff being posted by other users should be put into the guide Tyger.
I could go ask that guy on YouTube for permission if you want.

Edit: No real trouble up to the final boss.

5-3 just placed the bot in the door. Beat it in one go.

Last part of fifth chapter placed one shotty turret in each door and machine gun turret next to the dead end by sandbag, sat next the window and jumped out to reload it every once in a while.

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler
RIP Oderus Urungus

Last edited by mcnichoj; 03-28-2013 at 10:06 AM.
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #35
H20 chaotic xc

Send a message via AIM to H20 chaotic xc Send a message via MSN to H20 chaotic xc

Tr0y City xX's Gamercard
Thanks for the tips

Thanks you deffinaly need to take your time on solo
H20 chaotic xc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:41 PM   #36
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
I might add more suggestions when I touch everything up at the end. I almost got stalled because Bioshock came out and I was deciding if I wanted to make any guides for that game. I deleted and dismissed that idea and came back to this (it would have just gone a lot slower).

But yes if these suggestions are good I will probably put them in. I haven't gotten to some of the spots yet mentioned.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:34 AM   #37
Snafu420

SNAFU 0420's Gamercard
Can you give a better strategy on mission 3 act 1 with the Healing kantus's? I've tried to get through the first part in the courtyard an nothin works either I run out of ammo, get sniped, blown up, or die by invisible tickers. Nothin I've tried works. Hammer burst does good job low ammo and can't get up close with the SOS because one melee hit you die anyway. That's why we need DBNO on insane.
Snafu420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:51 PM   #38
yakamo74

mr pot noodle's Gamercard
Great guide but i have found that the ai is crap on certain levels chapter 2 section 2 but you have to keep retrying for the one time they do what there supposed to do.
yakamo74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:42 AM   #39
MOST BEASTIEST

MOST BEASTIEST's Gamercard
This guide is amazing. Thank you.
MOST BEASTIEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:12 AM   #40
NMANOZ

NMANOZ's Gamercard
In 2-2, as you start run all the way to the left and all the way to the back to where the turret is. Just kill the enemies at the top and use the turret to kill the remaining enemies. You will have done that first part in just 1 minute (before the rager cut scene).

In 4-1, go to the right on the beach and take out all the barriers and grenades. The mortars usually land in the middle of the right to time your run, once you get to the top you have a small area where nothing can hit you so pick of enemies from there without mortars hitting you and getting cover from the turrets.

Last edited by NMANOZ; 03-30-2013 at 02:18 AM.
NMANOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:38 AM   #41
SweptbackFlame

SweptbackFlame's Gamercard
Vaults is bullshit, I ran threw it like it was nothing and didn't get all 3 stars. Talk about frustrating.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:53 AM   #42
NMANOZ

NMANOZ's Gamercard
You really need to chainsaw as many enemies as you can (such as cleaver guys and wretches), I got 3 stars without any problems. Also try to spot if you can see an enemy since the bots will just gnasher them and gets you very little points.

My suggestion to everyone is to spot everything for the bots to kill. Easy ribbon to get many times and gives you a good boost for stars. I mostly used the lancer (I had heaps of executions), headshot weapons and grenades and only used shot guns if I was in danger of dying.
NMANOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:13 AM   #43
Xalex0X0sortoX

Xalex0X0sortoX's Gamercard
HAHAHAHA (or this)...great guide btw
Xalex0X0sortoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:23 PM   #44
Metabolic XBA
Fear is why you fail...

Metabolic XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   XBA Representer   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Donator - Level 3   1,000 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Did they make it harder with the TU? The night before last I cleared chapter 6 on insane upto Tyran Plaza and Karn, knocked off Karn last night, minus the declassified unfortunately. But when I went back this morning section 6 - the great staircase, was showing as only completed on Normal with 3 silver stars. Now I am having to redo it, and I just can't do it, spent 5 hours on it today and I'm not even close. Bugging the shit out of me.

**Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig**

Metabolic XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:43 AM   #45
Rascalov

EbonHawk01's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Chapter 2 Mission 4 (Monroe Commons) is kicking my ass. I've been doing it with me on Insane and a friend on Casual, but still can't do it. I either die or we don't get 3 stars. The main problem are the wretches. They kill in 2 hits on Insane. There also aren't really any good spots to hide. We were having no problems until this mission.

R.I.P CrustyDirtDemon 1986-2011
Rascalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:52 AM   #46
Sith Lord EDP

Sith Lord EDP's Gamercard
Just going to give my two cents on some of these.

For upper state street there is a sawed off behind the dumpster at the back of the map. It kills a rager in one shot from a pretty safe range. I then just proceeded to run around the map in a circle, turn around, kill two, continue running. Once I ran out of ammo I made a quick stop at the onyx cache and continued. After I ran out of ammo the second time I made my way back up to where the bot is and thankfully the ragers focused on him and my teammates instead allowing me to spam them with grenades. I killed any stragglers with my lancer and section complete.

For overlook I just did the first wave normally but I made sure to grab a boomshield before the checkpoint so that I'd be holding in case I died. I then just backed myself into the corner where the onyx ammo is and killed everything with the retro. This tactic is surprisingly effective, there was one point where all three of my teammates were down and I had two bloodmounts literally right on top of me unable to hit me. The only thing to watch out for when doing this is kantus ink grenades (which they hardly throw) maulers (which I don't think spawn the second wave) and reaver missiles (these will only get you if the reaver shoots them while flying. Once it's landed there is no angle at which it can get you.)

When it came to Karn I beat him my first try, it wasn't until I came to the forums that I realized that everyone was having a hard time with it. I was using a breachshot I had picked up in the previous section. It injures him pretty fast and when the other locust spawn I just headshotted them all as fast as I could. Repeated a second time and bam, easy win.
Sith Lord EDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:34 PM   #47
VideInfra86

videinfra86's Gamercard
Cool Survivor + Casual /Insane campaign

Hey guys and gals, i need to blitz thru Island and Junkyard on Survivor. plus anyone who wants to help me get thru campaign on insane and get all the stars using the glitch, just add me up and invite me please!

GT: VideInfra86
VideInfra86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:50 PM   #48
StepwiseThunder

StepwiseThunder's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascalov View Post
Chapter 2 Mission 4 (Monroe Commons) is kicking my ass. I've been doing it with me on Insane and a friend on Casual, but still can't do it. I either die or we don't get 3 stars. The main problem are the wretches. They kill in 2 hits on Insane. There also aren't really any good spots to hide. We were having no problems until this mission.
Tips / Advice :

Chainsaw the wrenches if it's possible
Always spot the enemies (it gives you a litte points)
Stay with your AI teammates
Keep the distance from the enemies, too much enemies in your zone it will kill you instantly
Grab the power weapon "muler" in that mission and shoot it at enemies
Be smart and don't run and gun, this is not call of duty.

When you are done with the current mission and grab so many ammo or weapons or grenades or onyx ammo box.

I did this on solo Insane, all thanks to our AI teammates.

Youtube Link "Mission 2-4"

Last edited by StepwiseThunder; 03-31-2013 at 10:57 PM.
StepwiseThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:52 PM   #49
SweptbackFlame

SweptbackFlame's Gamercard
The Battle against Karn is fucking bullshit.

/rant

4 Hours trying to beat that turd and I only came close twice only to get annihilated by that huge fire ball that apparently hits you when you're not even close to it.

I know there's a thread for it, but if 3 of you are willing to give it a shot with me, we can take him down pretty quick, this is the last one that I need.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:23 AM   #50
Blue Papyrus

Blue Papyrus's Gamercard
I can't thank you enough for the walkthrough on 1-8. I was in a public lobby a day ago, and spent one hour trying to do it with myself on insane, and two people on hardcore. They were murdered left and right by the swarm of enemies rushing them.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:48 AM   #51
UltimateAuron32

AzzTheStickman's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanOrtizSr View Post
Well said. Also, I meant for me to run the Insane playthrough by myself for the same reasons Tyger mentioned. Some friends can be careless or just plain crazy going in, guns blazing.
or as i've seen in gears 3, Retro Charging straight into the path of a 3-4 enemies with Sawn-Offs...

great stuff dude, will be using it soon as i get the mult-iplayer achievements ground out on Private VS bots

EDIT: people seem to have issues with Wretches, i can relate, they get close right? Gnasher shotgun as your secondary, good aim will kill in one blast and the Gnasher has 8 shots. the Sawn-Off could be used if they are REALLY swarming you, killing many in one shot, BUT only 2 per reload and only 12 max... risky but effective. it worked for me on Gears 3.

Banner Credit... ME!!

1000+
Final Fantasy XIII: 1000/1000, Borderlands: 1625/1750, Resident Evil 5: 1310/1400, Gears of War 2: 1365/1750, Halo: Reach: 1230/1400

50'000: 17:27 on 19/02/2013, Resident Evil 4, We're Going Home.

Last edited by UltimateAuron32; 04-02-2013 at 02:53 AM.
UltimateAuron32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:59 AM   #52
CODYROB55

codyrob55's Gamercard
Easy way to get 3 stars on karn is don't activate the declassified mission. After you take out the leg and are supposed to shoot his mouth, don't shoot the mouth until you have 3 stars as he will keep summoning more easy grubs to kill.
CODYROB55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #53
StepwiseThunder

StepwiseThunder's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYROB55 View Post
Easy way to get 3 stars on karn is don't activate the declassified mission. After you take out the leg and are supposed to shoot his mouth, don't shoot the mouth until you have 3 stars as he will keep summoning more easy grubs to kill.
But the desclasified mission will not be completed if i do it on your way ?
StepwiseThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #54
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYROB55 View Post
Not at all helpful given the purpose of this thread.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #55
beagler

illegal beagle's Gamercard
need help with the 3 star co-op glitch....im doing it co-op split screen....with my wife logged in as my second controller on casual...and theres no option for her to quit out of the game all i can do is sign her out...then it kicks me out the game to the main menu....

am i doing something wrong or it cant be done spit screen?
Old 04-05-2013, 10:33 PM   #56
Gleskosaur

Gleskosaur's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by beagler View Post
need help with the 3 star co-op glitch....im doing it co-op split screen....with my wife logged in as my second controller on casual...and theres no option for her to quit out of the game all i can do is sign her out...then it kicks me out the game to the main menu....

am i doing something wrong or it cant be done spit screen?
cant be done when playing split-screen...
Old 04-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #57
Gleskosaur

Gleskosaur's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by StepwiseThunder View Post
But the desclasified mission will not be completed if i do it on your way ?
you dont have to play declassified and get three stars at the same time for the cheevos so i guess he means you do one run without triggering declassified for the onyx stars and then one run with declassified triggered without worry about the stars..

sorry for my bad english btw but i think you get my point..
Old 04-07-2013, 01:14 AM   #58
xCizore

xC ii z Zo R e's Gamercard
dayummm, this is a pain in the ass thing to get
xCizore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #59
jules the great

Send a message via AIM to jules the great

OldSchoolJules's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Great tips! I am using these on my normal playthru and they help! I might just use the glitch for insane tho. lol
Old 04-08-2013, 09:57 PM   #60
DwnGoesClarkson

I've spent over 10-12 hours trying to kill Karn [over 4-5 days].

Closest I've gotten is him calling out a second wave following the initial Ragers/Grinders.

This is quickly becoming the most annoying section for me so far.
DwnGoesClarkson is offline   Reply With Quote