PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock Infinite
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #121
Hoborg
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Road map difficulty is still off. I would be content if the game would average a 5 but it's really not that hard to do 1999 mode.

There are so many threads dedicated to breaking thi mode it's silly. The siren is nothing with ugpraded charge, the right set of gear (which can be grinded) and an upgraded shotgun.

If people just did some god damn research before they started playing it wouldn't be a problem.
Hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #122
h4mm32

Send a message via AIM to h4mm32

h4mm32's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoborg View Post
Road map difficulty is still off. I would be content if the game would average a 5 but it's really not that hard to do 1999 mode.

There are so many threads dedicated to breaking thi mode it's silly. The siren is nothing with ugpraded charge, the right set of gear (which can be grinded) and an upgraded shotgun.

If people just did some god damn research before they started playing it wouldn't be a problem.
I personally didn't want help in 1999 so i didn't run here when i had trouble.

I wanted to use New vigors that didnt remind me of bioshock 1+2:

aero/charge incin/devil crows/bees shock/electro needless to say i didnt use devils kiss very long and found myself using possession and crows until i got bucking bronco and spent most of the time using bucking and possession.

there are a lot of assumptions in this thread using one method that if you have the upgraded form of sure it works. but if you don't have the cash for it you can't upgrade it when you get there and find out you are having trouble and have $400 GFL you aren't getting charge upgrades GG start over.
h4mm32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:34 PM   #123
h4mm32

h4mm32's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by F8L Fool View Post
Here's a much better way of unlocking the Skeet Shoot achievement:

BioShock Infinite - Skeet Shoot - Trophy/Achievement Guide (Easiest Method) - YouTube

I sent it to the TC but he declined to use it. No need to deprive the rest of the community though .

Hope you all are enjoying the game.

"the guide i posted is for undertow by itself or bucking bronco" this is what I said in a response message there are no words stating i declined there
Old 04-06-2013, 12:49 AM   #124
Infernal

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
Great Achievement GUide, but this game is pretty straight forward besides the collectibles
Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:40 AM   #125
h4mm32

h4mm32's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal View Post
Great Achievement GUide, but this game is pretty straight forward besides the collectibles
TY and I agree but it's not about what we think it's about everyone else even this guy

Old 04-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #126
Luke360IT

koolgrap07's Gamercard
many thanks for this guide

just another +1 of appreciation

Luke360IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:03 AM   #127
Hoborg
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Could you please update the difficulty in the road map? The siren is 2 max if you use fully upgrade charge, upgraded shotgun, and some other juicy gear such as burning halo and brittle skin.

Seriously man; you literally can't die with that setup; literally.
Hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:08 AM   #128
Sophia Hyakato

Sophia Hyakato's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Great guide. Another thumbs up!
Old 04-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #129
Seppälä

Seppala13's Gamercard
Can you get the charge vigor from more places or am I screwed?
Old 04-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #130
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seppälä View Post
Can you get the charge vigor from more places or am I screwed?
You can purchase it from a vending machine in the next level.

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #131
IN5TANT CLASS1C

IN5TANT CLASS1C's Gamercard
Just wondering something.

I beat the game on medium the first time through. If I play 1999 mode will the achievement for beating it on Hard unlock?
IN5TANT CLASS1C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #132
ChillenDerWijs

ChillenDerWijs's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IN5TANT CLASS1C View Post
Just wondering something.

I beat the game on medium the first time through. If I play 1999 mode will the achievement for beating it on Hard unlock?
Yes it does. It is also stated in the achievement discription: "Completed the game on hard difficulty or above."
ChillenDerWijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:17 AM   #133
IN5TANT CLASS1C

IN5TANT CLASS1C's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillenDerWijs View Post
Yes it does. It is also stated in the achievement discription: "Completed the game on hard difficulty or above."
Thank you. I just have 3 achievements left. Both 1999 ones and Hard.
IN5TANT CLASS1C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:43 AM   #134
ChillenDerWijs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN5TANT CLASS1C View Post
Thank you. I just have 3 achievements left. Both 1999 ones and Hard.
You're welcome and good luck
Old 04-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #135
Seppälä

Seppala13's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Jedi View Post
If it is from a Dollar Bill I'm screwed anyway.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:51 AM   #136
ChillenDerWijs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seppälä View Post
If it is from a Dollar Bill I'm screwed anyway.
Upgrades are never from a dollar bill machine. Dollar bill machines only sell salt, health and ammo.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #137
h4mm32

h4mm32's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoborg View Post
Could you please update the difficulty in the road map? The siren is 2 max if you use fully upgrade charge, upgraded shotgun, and some other juicy gear such as burning halo and brittle skin.

Seriously man; you literally can't die with that setup; literally.
it already was updated in aforementioned posts
Old 04-10-2013, 08:21 PM   #138
Buzz VII

Buzz VII's Gamercard
This is a greatly done guide. Thanks for putting the time into it for us! The roadmap at the beginning of the guide helps a ton. Thanks man!

I've heard it both ways
Buzz VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:29 AM   #139
h4mm32

h4mm32's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz VII View Post
This is a greatly done guide. Thanks for putting the time into it for us! The roadmap at the beginning of the guide helps a ton. Thanks man!
absolutely. In cohorts with nozza currently to make improvements i think he is taking over as a Joint effort in really giving this some.....um....good .....things...
Old 04-12-2013, 01:35 AM   #140
Metaphorically

Metaphorically's Gamercard
I just upgraded the salt to the fullest and still did not get the achievement. Anyone had this issue?
Metaphorically is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:46 AM   #141
h4mm32

h4mm32's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphorically View Post
I just upgraded the salt to the fullest and still did not get the achievement. Anyone had this issue?
it should show a picture of a star i think. if it says 10 you still have one more to go
Old 04-13-2013, 01:11 AM   #142
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Few questions:
  1. Do the five Infusions you receive for purchasing the season pass apply to all playthroughs or just a single one?
  2. Are there any Infusions/Voxophones behind locked doors that require lockpicks?
  3. Does completing the game on 1999 Mode unlock the other difficulty-related achievements?
Latest arcade completion: Motocross Madness

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:24 AM   #143
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGoogles View Post
Few questions:
  1. Do the five Infusions you receive for purchasing the season pass apply to all playthroughs or just a single one?
  2. Are there any Infusions/Voxophones behind locked doors that require lockpicks?
  3. Does completing the game on 1999 Mode unlock the other difficulty-related achievements?
Yes.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #144
Klayfish

Klayfish's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
You CAN use bucking bronco, if you use it on an enemy and wait for the effects to wear off and shoot them as they are falling, it counts, that's how I unlocked it.
or just after you get the pistol for the first time, go round the corner and people drop down from the sky line just line up and shot thats how i did it, only took me a couple of times to do it and if you do it on easy its one shot to kill them with the pistol :P
Klayfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #145
Klayfish

Klayfish's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Jedi View Post
are you sure about that ? i never saw a vending machine sell a vigor :S
Klayfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:07 PM   #146
h4mm32

h4mm32's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klayfish View Post
are you sure about that ? i never saw a vending machine sell a vigor :S
the veni vidi vigor machines sells vigors you've missed
Old 04-14-2013, 12:17 AM   #147
ChillenDerWijs

Maybe it's an idea to say how you can unlock 1999 mode without using cheat codes. Some people might not want to cheat (like myself). But I don't know if 1999 mode also unlocks when you finish the game on easy or on normal as I have finished the game only on hard and 1999 mode.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:12 AM   #148
Raitei

Raitei's Gamercard
Easy way to do "More For Your Money". On Hardmode at least, right after you take the gondola to the First Lady's Airship, four-five enemies will spawn at the top of this two way staircase. Run up the stairs and use Bucking Bronco multiple times until you get the achievement!

On their way down shoot them with the shotgun for Skeet Shooting achievement as well.

Rinse and repeat as needed!

Raitei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:24 AM   #149
h4mm32

h4mm32's Gamercard

there seem to be a great many spots for " more for your money" and an even greater number of videos for it. the bull yard, outside the hall of heroes entrance, the point where you get the crows trap.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:39 AM   #150
h4mm32

h4mm32's Gamercard

some minor changes have been made. would appreciate any constructive objective views on additions for the guide, before i finalize with a submission. not just one play style please.