PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
jedijaxpavan

ZOMBIFIED glory's Gamercard
problem with Not a Scratch cheevo

Anyone else have any problems getting this???
Im following what the guide said about Fontana. I think. Getting gas and trailer park one. I go through perfectly everytime and no cheevo. Any tips?
Old 03-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #2
jedijaxpavan

Sedalia. That's it.
I have full health and dont get touched at all. Anybody found another easy town for it?
Old 03-27-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Club's Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - THE DEADLY DOG   XBA Promoter   Staff - Guide Team
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
That's strange how it won't unlock for you. None of the achievements have been confirmed glitchy.

You could try Taggart (the one with the drive in movie theater) as that's fairly easy too. I would suggest restarting your Xbox and trying Sedalia again. It's truly perplexing as I've never seen anyone have problems with it not unlocking when it should.

Edit:

Just found out that you CANNOT hit restart level. If you miss it on one run and you hit restart level it will not unlock.

This was posted in my video on how to do it in Sedalia found here:

Snakejl:
Quote:
For those who are trying to get this cheevo, you have to make sure you get it the first time you get to Sedalia during your current playthrough because if you mess up/get hit and choose "restart level" you won't get it and will have to start a whole new game.My best advice is to try for it on a new game + since you can choose to start with the crossbow, 2nd: you don't need to complete the optional survivors missions so go straight for the gas pump one.The rest will depend on your own skills

bplayak at his.. finest?

Last edited by THE DEADLY DOG; 03-27-2013 at 08:45 PM.
THE DEADLY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:44 AM   #4
Klint Beastw00d

Klint Beastw00d's Gamercard
Holy crap. I just watched your video. In your guide I thought you meant the other oil tanker. I didn't even know that one was there or that you could do that. That does seem like a pretty good method.
Klint Beastw00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:53 AM   #5
Illicit

illicitsoc's Gamercard
edit: nevermind what I said was wrong. tried it on a dummy account, I must have gotten it somewhere else (probably Sedalia).

Last edited by Illicit; 03-28-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Illicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:06 PM   #6
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Club's Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - THE DEADLY DOG   XBA Promoter   Staff - Guide Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klint Beastw00d View Post
Holy crap. I just watched your video. In your guide I thought you meant the other oil tanker. I didn't even know that one was there or that you could do that. That does seem like a pretty good method.
I knew there was a reason video representations do better than text. Haha

bplayak at his.. finest?
Old 03-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #7
NickMH

NickMH's Gamercard
So if you get hit, you cant just dashboard out? You have to start from the first level again?
NickMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:34 PM   #8
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Club's Guide Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickMH View Post
So if you get hit, you cant just dashboard out? You have to start from the first level again?
I'm not sure about dashboarding out. I would try it as it's definitely not the same as restarting the level.

bplayak at his.. finest?
Old 03-28-2013, 06:45 PM   #9
upindat

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG View Post
I'm not sure about dashboarding out. I would try it as it's definitely not the same as restarting the level.
can anyone comfirm dashboarding works. this one is such a pain. not being able to restart level and replaying the first gets old.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:04 PM   #10
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Club's Guide Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by upindat View Post
can anyone comfirm dashboarding works. this one is such a pain. not being able to restart level and replaying the first gets old.
Well if anyone does dashboard out and it works please be sure to post in the community guide so I can update the achievement itself to warn future players.

bplayak at his.. finest?
Old 03-29-2013, 02:05 AM   #11
huwhashabam

huwhashabam's Gamercard
Just making sure you guys know the achievements can be obtained on the opening level with the deer and ya dad dying. Just grab the 3 gas cans and leave the level. You can also do the crossbow and gun only one here as well. Takes a a couple min to get all 3.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:40 AM   #12
jedijaxpavan

Just got it in Sedalia. Thanks for all the help everybody.
If I had got on here before I would have checked the dashboard method.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:35 AM   #13
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Club's Guide Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijaxpavan View Post
Just got it in Sedalia. Thanks for all the help everybody.
If I had got on here before I would have checked the dashboard method.
Nice job jedi. Did you happen to follow the strategy I devised for Sedalia?

bplayak at his.. finest?
Old 03-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #14
jedijaxpavan

Quote:
Nice job jedi. Did you happen to follow the strategy I devised for Sedalia?
yes i did deadly dog. The thing is I killed Les or whatever his name is in the trailer park. All the other times I was just getting the key before he got up then running. Maybe you have to kill him. I think I'll go back on another account and try a couple different things.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:48 PM   #15
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Club's Guide Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijaxpavan View Post
yes i did deadly dog. The thing is I killed Les or whatever his name is in the trailer park. All the other times I was just getting the key before he got up then running. Maybe you have to kill him. I think I'll go back on another account and try a couple different things.
To the best of my knowledge you have to kill him in order for him to drop the keys. I've never seen a scenario where he isn't holding the keys. haha.

bplayak at his.. finest?
Old 03-29-2013, 05:45 PM   #16
jedijaxpavan

Quote:
To the best of my knowledge you have to kill him in order for him to drop the keys. I've never seen a scenario where he isn't holding the keys. haha.
I would run up to him aiming at his arms mashing the x button till I got the keys then run out without getting hit. I swear I did it without restarting so im guessing he needs to be killed.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #17
NickMH

NickMH's Gamercard
I unlocked it today, and can confirm dashboarding out works. I did it with the silenced weapon relic, shut the door in the alley to the pharmacy in sedalia on my way to the gas station, and when running back to the car with gas took the ladder up to the roof, and exited through the safe and empty pharmacy, sprinting through walkers in the parking lot.
NickMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:38 PM   #18
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Club's Guide Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickMH View Post
I unlocked it today, and can confirm dashboarding out works. I did it with the silenced weapon relic, shut the door in the alley to the pharmacy in sedalia on my way to the gas station, and when running back to the car with gas took the ladder up to the roof, and exited through the safe and empty pharmacy, sprinting through walkers in the parking lot.
Jeez you took some risks there amigo. I would have just climbed onto the back of the tractor-trailer that is blocking the road and then jumped down avoiding any close quarters.

Congrats though.

bplayak at his.. finest?
Old 03-29-2013, 09:33 PM   #19
Misthral

Misthral's Gamercard
You can also just hit 'quit to main menu' and then hit continue, should you mess up on Sedalia. I did it using that method and I must have stuffed up like 10+ times, and it unlocked in the end for me. I never dashed out, just quit to MM and continue. Saves going through the opening credits over and over.
Misthral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:20 PM   #20
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Club's Guide Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misthral View Post
You can also just hit 'quit to main menu' and then hit continue, should you mess up on Sedalia. I did it using that method and I must have stuffed up like 10+ times, and it unlocked in the end for me. I never dashed out, just quit to MM and continue. Saves going through the opening credits over and over.
Another solid tip. Time saving too.

bplayak at his.. finest?
Old 03-31-2013, 05:32 PM   #21
sKiTz

iTs sKiTz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misthral View Post
I can confirm this works!
Got it on my 2nd run and messed up the first time, quit to Main Menu, done it again and POP ACHIEVO!

sKiTz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:00 AM   #22
SabadoGigante

Quote:
Originally Posted by sKiTz View Post
I can confirm this works!
Got it on my 2nd run and messed up the first time, quit to Main Menu, done it again and POP ACHIEVO!
Me too! Worked perfect in Sedalia! Thanks.
SabadoGigante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:16 PM   #23
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Club's Guide Dog

Glad to hear Sedalia worked out for ya'll.

bplayak at his.. finest?
Old 04-18-2013, 03:13 AM   #24
Skedar2023

Skedar84's Gamercard
I was not trying to get it in Firesign Stadium, but I did it somehow. Getting hit in the humvee does not count against you. Using the semi-auto shotgun and then getting the assault rifle out at the helicopter was what worked for me.
Skedar2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:24 AM   #25
amacteur
Flying bird

Send a message via Skype™ to amacteur

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skedar2023 View Post
I was not trying to get it in Firesign Stadium, but I did it somehow. Getting hit in the humvee does not count against you. Using the semi-auto shotgun and then getting the assault rifle out at the helicopter was what worked for me.
I confirm this works like a charm.

When you get to the stadium, there will be a cutscene. After that, don't be hit until you arrive at the helipad. Then, jump into the humvee and that's it. You can even be hit when you're in the humvee, it will not prevent your from getting the achievement. I think it's the easiest method for this achievement.

2013, a year in the sky: Roll on 2014!
amacteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #26
lethalerror

lethelerror's Gamercard
dashboard

you do not need to dashboard out just go menu then exit then reload game sames a couple of mins
lethalerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:22 PM   #27
Jellyfish Swagg

Jellyfish Swagg's Gamercard
After beating the campaign hit continue and just run through everything using whatever method to get hit.
Jellyfish Swagg is offline   Reply With Quote