PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows 8 Games > Strategy > Samurai vs. Zombies Defense
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-29-2013, 08:56 PM   #1
xborcx

xBORCx's Gamercard
Its free right now.

Get it now. Judging it quickly, it doesn't seem to be worth any amount of money, but free is great.
xborcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:02 AM   #2
B0seiju

b0seiju's Gamercard
Do you have a link or anything?
B0seiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:52 AM   #3
xborcx

xBORCx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0seiju View Post
Do you have a link or anything?
http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en...1-47581f1529ac

There ya go!
xborcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:42 PM   #4
I Bladeck I

i bladeck i's Gamercard
has anyone unlocked at least 1 achievement?? doesnt seem to work for me
Old 03-31-2013, 01:12 AM   #5
SKIN RIP

Skin Rip's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bladeck I View Post
Yeah it works I've unlocked half of them

SKIN RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:04 AM   #6
imabhi

abp slayer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bladeck I View Post
Works for me. 3 achievements left.
The last one will take for ever.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #7
weiselma

humpyrton's Gamercard
Its a glue game, probably microtransaction you to death
weiselma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #8
imabhi

abp slayer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by weiselma View Post
That is correct. As long as you are not too tempted to buy stuff, you would get 18 achievements in a week (if u play 1-2 hrs a day).

Also the thing sucks about this is if you uninstall/reinstall this app, all your progress is lost, all ur in-app purchases are lost. And oh, the game doesnt sync with your multiple windows 8 devices (Surface/Laptops/Desktops). May be i should create new thread to warn ppl.

Not sure why they aren't using cloud to save progress.

Last edited by imabhi; 04-01-2013 at 07:06 PM.
imabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:30 AM   #9
TheOnlyDogMan

TenaciousDogMan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weiselma View Post
Sort of. I'm at about Wave 40 (of 50) without spending money on 'gems', but I'm doubtful I'll make it to level 50.

Essentially there are two currencies, coins and gems. Both are awarded by the game but the gems are super rare. You'll get about 40 ($1.99 worth) by Wave 40 thanks mostly milestone rounds awarding a set bonus (you can't repeat levels until you've beaten all 50 waves, so I don't know if you could farm them there). You can buy both coins and gems but later in the game when it starts becoming difficult you'll be getting 2,000 coins ($1.99) for dying halfway through a level. If you're going to spend money buy gems.
The upgrades for yourself, your abilities and your units are paid for in either coins or gems depending on how good the item/upgrade is. So for instance the first five sword upgrades are paid in coins, but after that they start costing gems. This is fine early on because you can use coins for most upgrades and you get enough gems to buy the bare essential gem upgrades, but once you hit about Wave 30 everything new costs gems. The last spell you unlock starts off with it's first upgrade costing 18 gems.
There are also booster packs you can buy with gems. Don't bother. The top level prizes aren't good enough to justify the cost. In the cheapest pack (15 gems) the best prize is 15 gems, but it's more likely you'll get the consumable items that just aren't that useful. The most expensive pack (2700 gems) does give you a free upgrade for your choice of special unit, but the highest gem card is 600. It's a pack of 31 cards so in theory you could get 31x 600 gem cards for 18,600 gems, but more likely you'll get a bunch of teapot cards that aren't useful. It's like a $5 per spin slot machine with a jackpot of $10. It's just not worth it.

You've also got to factor in that if you buy 40 gems ($1.99) it'll be gone almost instantly and the upgrade you'll get won't be that noticeable. I could see myself blowing through the 5200 pack ($99.99) and still having upgrades to buy. The running theme behind the transactions is that everything that costs gems is only really worth about 20% of the gem cost.

How all this plays out for achievement hunters is pretty simple. There are three achievements you're probably not going to get without putting down $10-$20 (This land is Safe for 25gs, Finally... for 20gs and That took Forever for 60gs). On top of that there are two that become hard enough without spending money that they're not worth the effort. All up it's a relatively easy free 70-85/200 but if you want the full 200gs you're going to spend some money and based on the cost vs usefulness of the gem currency it'd be cheaper to just pick up three or four $5 200/200 games.

Other than that it's a relatively fun game. If you're just looking to kill time it's not an awful way to spend an afternoon.

Last edited by TheOnlyDogMan; 04-02-2013 at 10:15 PM.
TheOnlyDogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:28 AM   #10
imabhi

abp slayer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyDogMan View Post
Sort of. I'm at about Wave 40 (of 50) without spending money on 'gems', but I'm doubtful I'll make it to level 50.
Actually I was able to get to wave 50 by spamming farmers. I spent most of my coins by upgrading on farmers. I think they were in level 8 or 9 by the time I reached wave 50.
In any wave I try to hold off the enemies as much as I can with my hero until my leadership reaches level 3 or 4 (3 most of the times) and then spam the hell out of farmers. Also I found swordsmith around wave 35ish who upgrades the farmers attack.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #11
skatemore

hostile carrot's Gamercard
Quote:

Essentially there are two currencies, coins and gems. Both are awarded by the game but the gems are super rare. You'll get about 40 ($1.99 worth) by Wave 40 thanks mostly milestone rounds awarding a set bonus (you can't repeat levels until you've beaten all 50 waves, so I don't know if you could farm them there). You can buy both coins and gems but later in the game when it starts becoming difficult you'll be getting 2,000 coins ($1.99) for dying halfway through a level. If you're going to spend money buy gems.
The upgrades for yourself, your abilities and your units are paid for in either coins or gems depending on how good the item/upgrade is. So for instance the first five sword upgrades are paid in coins, but after that they start costing gems. This is fine early on because you can use coins for most upgrades and you get enough gems to buy the bare essential gem upgrades, but once you hit about Wave 30 everything new costs gems. The last spell you unlock starts off with it's first upgrade costing 18 gems.
There are also booster packs you can buy with gems. Don't bother. The top level prizes aren't good enough to justify the cost. In the cheapest pack (15 gems) the best prize is 15 gems, but it's more likely you'll get the consumable items that just aren't that useful. The most expensive pack (2700 gems) does give you a free upgrade for your choice of special unit, but the highest gem card is 600. It's a pack of 31 cards so in theory you could get 31x 600 gem cards for 18,600 gems, but more likely you'll get a bunch of teapot cards that aren't useful. It's like a $5 per spin slot machine with a jackpot of $10. It's just not worth it.

You've also got to factor in that if you buy 40 gems ($1.99) it'll be gone almost instantly and the upgrade you'll get won't be that noticeable. I could see myself blowing through the 5200 pack ($99.99) and still having upgrades to buy. The running theme behind the transactions is that everything that costs gems is only really worth about 20% of the gem cost.

How all this plays out for achievement hunters is pretty simple. There are three achievements you're probably not going to get without putting down $10-$20 (This land is Safe for 25gs, Finally... for 20gs and That took Forever for 60gs). On top of that there are two that become hard enough without spending money that they're not worth the effort. All up it's a relatively easy free 70-85/200 but if you want the full 200gs you're going to spend some money and based on the cost vs usefulness of the gem currency it'd be cheaper to just pick up three or four $5 200/200 games.

Other than that it's a relatively fun game. If you're just looking to kill time it's not an awful way to spend an afternoon.

I beat all 50 waves without spending any real money... the game really isn't that hard.

skatemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:38 AM   #12
rocking23nf

rocking23nf's Gamercard
everytime I get an achievement, game crashes.
rocking23nf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #13
TheOnlyDogMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabhi View Post
Actually I was able to get to wave 50 by spamming farmers. I spent most of my coins by upgrading on farmers. I think they were in level 8 or 9 by the time I reached wave 50.
In any wave I try to hold off the enemies as much as I can with my hero until my leadership reaches level 3 or 4 (3 most of the times) and then spam the hell out of farmers. Also I found swordsmith around wave 35ish who upgrades the farmers attack.
Which spells were you using? I just beat Wave 50 so I haven't really seen much on how difficulty scales with levels, but I guess if I can get to wave 1 level 99 it'll be a relatively easy (but super long) free 140gs. Anyone get Wave 50 up to a high level yet?
I was doing a similar thing with Archers and Nobunana as a tank, but Nobunaga was struggling to stay alive by Wave 50. I only started using that strategy later on though, I think if I had of just focused my free gems on Nobunaga and maybe Troop Trample it would have went better.

Last edited by TheOnlyDogMan; 04-04-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #14
imabhi

abp slayer's Gamercard
Quote:
Which spells were you using?
Lethargy and troop trample. I used my free gems to upgrade my leadership.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:18 AM   #15
TheOnlyDogMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabhi View Post
Lethargy and troop trample. I used my free gems to upgrade my leadership.
Same. I beat 1-99 earlier today. Way easier than 50-1 so that's nice. Also nice to know that the bonus waves keep coming even after level 99. As painfully slow as it'd be if I ever get stuck I can just run 1-99 over and over scoring gems off the bonus waves. Right now I'm farming the 40-50 Waves for coins so I can fully upgrade my zombie side army. I figure since I've got no more need for coins on the samurai side if I can make it past Wave 50 on the zombie side using coins I can use the bonus gems on samurai side upgrades.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:25 PM   #16
Abp Slayer

AbP Slayer's Gamercard
Are you playing through all 50 waves 99 times?
Abp Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:13 PM   #17
Repo

Send a message via MSN to Repo

x RepoUK x's Gamercard
I made it to Level 50 without buying anything at all. After L30, I found that the game got easier rather than more difficult. 18 achievements without too many problems. Spamming assassins works well too.

If you play the pachinko game properly, you should be able to earn a lot of coins for upgrades. For every 100 balls I would get anywhere from 1000 to 4000 coins. One of the jackpots is 500 coins, get that a few times and you are laughing all the way to the bank.

I've started 'Finally......' but I doubt greatly I'll bother with 'That took forever' as it probably would.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #18
Heroic Blanket

Heroic Blanket's Gamercard
Each subsequent run through a wave appears to increase its difficulty. I've got my 40-50 waves up to around lvl 6-8 and spamming farmers with lethergy and troop trample is beginning to no longer be an effective method.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:44 AM   #19
TheOnlyDogMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroic Blanket View Post
Each subsequent run through a wave appears to increase its difficulty. I've got my 40-50 waves up to around lvl 6-8 and spamming farmers with lethergy and troop trample is beginning to no longer be an effective method.
Yeah. It seems like it's mostly a health upgrade with each round. By 1-99 they were taking a few hits to kill.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #20
Repo

Send a message via MSN to Repo

x RepoUK x's Gamercard
The number of zombies increases too, not just their health.

Level 50-99 is going to be tough unless you've managed to find a lot of gems along the way. I've upgraded almost everything as far as I can now with coins, I need a shed load of gems for upgrades from now on.