PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-29-2013, 09:37 PM   #1
optics

Achievement help

True Dixon
I don't know why this is not unlocking. I've gone through about 7 marked missions and the achievement has not unlocked. The prologue with the Dad, I never fired a shot, did that section twice. Even went through some missions without having any other weapons equipped, picking up ammo, and no executions/grapple kill.

Every Man, Woman, and Child
So you're supposed to travel to at least one location with every survivor. Do the areas between towns count?

Now Don't You Get Bit!
Does this req both whole arms or can just forearms count?

Last edited by optics; 03-29-2013 at 09:39 PM.
optics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:29 PM   #2
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by optics View Post
True Dixon
I don't know why this is not unlocking. I've gone through about 7 marked missions and the achievement has not unlocked. The prologue with the Dad, I never fired a shot, did that section twice. Even went through some missions without having any other weapons equipped, picking up ammo, and no executions/grapple kill.

Every Man, Woman, and Child
So you're supposed to travel to at least one location with every survivor. Do the areas between towns count?

Now Don't You Get Bit!
Does this req both whole arms or can just forearms count?
True Dix.
Complete a Marked Destination on the Map Using Only the Crossbow

I would advise loading up the first mission after you have done at least one playthrough and simply grab the crossbow relic and do the first mission.

1. Don't shoot with Daryl's dad.
2. After you pick up your knife switch to the crossbow for the remainder of the map. Kill only the walkers you need to with the crossbow making sure you never get grabbed as that will result in you either dying or needing to kill with the knife (execution).

Every Man.
All you need to do is go from one location to another with said person in your group.
Grab Holly in the middle of two points? As soon as you hit your next stop with her in your group it will check her off.

Now Don't
Prevent 50 Walkers from Grabbing You

This is the animation of preventing a walker from grabbing you. It will actually look like a shove so forearms do not count. If you get into a huge group of walkers, strike one, allow one to grab you and then follow these steps:
1. Kill that walker.
2. As soon as it dies prepare to smash on the RB.
3. When you hit the RB all the walkers that would have been next to grab you will all bounce back.

That is what you are going for--the bounce back animation.

You have to get on the train in the beginning when things are still changing and everything is rough, unpolished, and incomplete in order to enjoy the bliss found at your stop.
THE DEADLY DOG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:48 AM   #3
optics

Got them all.

I didn't do anything different for True Dixon, but it did finally unlock.

The Every Man achievement was weird. One of the randoms in my first playthrough, I dismissed before traveling. I was going to get her last, but the only other survivor that I never got, unlocked right after I got back to the vehicle. So I didn't even need to travel with her.

Now Don't You Get Bit... well, I kept reading about letting them grab you and then push off the next zombie, but I saw a video doing something entirely different. I just pushed them as they were coming up to me with both arms and never let them grab me. Not sure if its quicker because the more zombies around, the more attacks they land before the first one grabs you.

Thanks anyways.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:24 PM   #4
Infernal

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by optics View Post
Got them all.

I didn't do anything different for True Dixon, but it did finally unlock.

The Every Man achievement was weird. One of the randoms in my first playthrough, I dismissed before traveling. I was going to get her last, but the only other survivor that I never got, unlocked right after I got back to the vehicle. So I didn't even need to travel with her.

Now Don't You Get Bit... well, I kept reading about letting them grab you and then push off the next zombie, but I saw a video doing something entirely different. I just pushed them as they were coming up to me with both arms and never let them grab me. Not sure if its quicker because the more zombies around, the more attacks they land before the first one grabs you.

Thanks anyways.
I think the True Dixon one is a little buggy. It took me a few attempts to finally get it to unlock.
Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote