PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Conan
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-03-2007, 02:46 PM   #1
Mxs10

Post Achievement Guide

If anyone has any segestions or other tips they'd like me too add to this guide just post below

Hands-On
10 5 Grapple Kills

see 'Fatal Touch'

Man Handle
15 50 Grapple Kills

see 'Fatal Touch'

Death Grip
20 250 Grapple Kills

see 'Fatal Touch'

Fatal Touch
30 500 Grapple Kills

All the grapple achievements can be unlocked during the Giant Squid Boss battle. When the squid starts to turn the crewmen into Oilmen just use B,X or B,Y grapple combo's on them, it takes about an hour of constant grappling to gain this achievement.

Shish Kabob
10 Impale an enemy

Easily obtained near the start of the game, while rescuing A' kanna's crewmen, just grapple an enemy and throw him into the spike pillars

Enemy Appetizers
30 Impale 100 enemies

There are quite a few enemies which can be impaled near the start of the game while rescuing A' kanna's crewmen, and during the Bone Cleaver Boss battle. Just make a point of luring enemies towards any spike's you come across while playing the game and Impale them.

Now You See It, Now You Don't
10 Disarm an enemy

see 'Master Looter'

Master Looter
30 Disarm 100 enemies

Try and buy the 'Shield Strip' and 'Thief of Bel' One-Handed Combat Abilities early in the game, these are key to obtaining this achievement. When you start finding enemies with shields, first use Shield Strip then use Thief of Bel and then have Conan pick a shield back up, this causes him to drop his dual weilding sword, which the disarmed enemy will pick back up, allowing you to perform Thief of Bel again. Repeat until you eventually kill the enemy, then move onto the next enemy.

Last edited by Mxs10; 11-04-2007 at 07:49 PM.
Mxs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 04:07 PM   #2
Mxs10

Rock of Ages
30 Kill 100 enemies by boulder throw
update thanks to Everharm

This can be unlocked by throwing boulders and other items like crates, vases, etc. Just run towards a group of enemies and when they start following you, run back to the item pick it up and throw it towards the enemy group, if your lucky you can kill multiple enemies with one item. Using this method should net you the achievement fairly quickly.

A trick to this achievment is to turn on the infinite armor power and stone skin power on the enemies, then a single item will kill them, as sometimes the item will only stun the enemy.

Free Fall
10 Kill an enemy by death fall

see 'Death Rain'

Death Rain
30 Kill 100 enemies by death fall

This achievement should be saved untill the Giant Squid Boss battle, simply get to the stage where the squid turns the crew into Oilmen, then grapple them and throw them overboard.
BEWARE - Do not throw the Oilmen onto the Squid as this sometimes stops the squid transforming the crewmen into Oilmen.

Bring out the Gimp
15 Kill at least 25 enemies during the Giant Squid boss battle

This will unlock while doing the Death Rain or Fatal Touch achievements.

Slice 'n Dice
10 100 dismemberments

see 'Meat Market'

Chop Shop
20 500 dismemberments

see 'Meat Market'

Meat Market
30 1000 dismemberments

This achievement can be fairly easy, I found the 'Blade Fury' Dual Wield Parry attack to be quite useful as it removes an enemies Head, Arms and Legs! Thats 6 dismemberments per enemy! Other useful moves include 'The Mercenary' Dual Wield X,X,X,Y, and 'Triple Heavy Strike' Dual Wield Y,Y,Y.

Parry Farm
10 Perform every parry kill move

There are 3 for each weapon style: One-Handed, Dual Wield and Two Handed. Simply wait near an enemy and just as his attack is about to hit you, press LT to block, then press the button displayed above his head either X,Y, or B, perform all three then change to the next weapon style.

Parry Assassin
15 100 parry kills

see 'Parry King'

Parry King
20 200 parry kills

Just kill every weak enemy that you see with a parry attack and you should have this achievement in no time. This should also help towards the Meat Market achievement if you try to perform the X parry while dual wielding.

Last edited by Mxs10; 11-04-2007 at 10:12 AM.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:28 PM   #3
Mxs10

Chained Attacker
10 Combo Counter reaches 100

In the last level there's a point where you have to push a pillar over to create a bridge, it begins to crumble as you cross it. When you get across, you'll fight alot of Oilmen. Use the 'Cimmerian Cyclone' Dual-Wield Combat Ability X, X, X, X (hold). This way you can make those necessary hits, just make sure you don't step into the black ooze.

Chain of Fools
20 Combo Counter reaches 325

see 'Chained Attacker'

Mob Massacre
15 Kill 5 or more enemies simultaneously

see 'Strength of 10 Men'

Strength of 10 Men (Secret Achievement)
40 Kill 10 or more enemies simultaneously

You can use the Void armour power during the very last boss battle, or you can use the Fire Rain armor power during the Serpent Queen Boss battle when she summonds several enemies, either way, just wait untill there are enough enemies around. This achievement is quite hard as all 10 must die at exactly the same time or it won't unlock.

Treasure Seeker
10 Find 5 treasure chests

see 'Filthy Rich'

Treasure Hunter
20 Find 50 treasure chests

see 'Filthy Rich'

Filthy Rich
30 Find all treasure chests

This Guide >Here< mentions the locations of alot of the chests in the game, but it misses the first two. At the start where the statues come to life, there's a chest on the far left and right sides of the area before you head through the door.

Last edited by Mxs10; 11-04-2007 at 07:55 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:44 PM   #4
Mxs10

Noble Conan
10 Save a Maiden

see 'My Hero'

My Hero (Secret Achievement)
20 Save all maidens

There are a total of 24 Maidens in the game, here are the amounts you should find in each level:

Chance Meeting has 1
Pirate Raid has 1
Tribal Warrior has 3
Elephant Graveyard has 3
Midnight Raid has 2
Outpost has 7
Devil Island has 2
Fallen Kingdom has 3
Well of Dreams has 2

When you get near a Maiden you will hear her shouting for help, this guide >here< has their locations

Triumvirate Seeker
10 Activate 5 rune triumvirates

see 'Triumvirates United'

Bill of Health
20 Find all Health Meter powerups

Armored Up
20 Find all Power Meter powerups

Adrenaline Rush
20 Find all Song of Death meter powerups

Triumvirates United
20 Activate all rune triumvirates

There are 3 different types of rune triumvirates, Green (Health), Blue (Power) and Red (Song of Death). Finding all the runes of the same type will unlock the corresponding achievement. This guide >Here< has the locations of the runes.

The Legendary Set
10 Collect all armor pieces

Each Boss in the game has a piece of Conans armour, so you will get this achievement just by playing through the game.

Mighty Conan
30 Complete the game on Hard mode

Select Hard when starting a new game and play from begining to end.

Master Conan
50 Complete the game on King mode

Unfortunately you can't start a game on this mode and unlock the Mighty Conan achievement as well, you must first complete the game on hard and then the King difficulty will be unlocked.

Master Swordsman
10 All one-handed blade attacks mastered

As you use your one-handed combat abilities you will build up a masterary, you can check your progress by pressing the back button, all the abilities which are not mastered will have an orange meter next to them. You need to buy every one-handed combat ability in the game and use each one untill you master it.

Master Dual Wielder
10 All dual wield attacks mastered

As you use your dual wield combat abilities you will build up a masterary, you can check your progress by pressing the back button, all the abilities which are not mastered will have an orange meter next to them. You need to buy every dual wield combat ability in the game and use each one untill you master it.

Master Two-Handed Swordsman
10 All two-handed blade attacks mastered

As you use your two-handed combat abilities you will build up a masterary, you can check your progress by pressing the back button, all the abilities which are not mastered will have an orange meter next to them. You need to buy every two-handed combat ability in the game and use each one untill you master it.

Losing His Mind
20 Decapitate a captain with a shield

There is a one-handed combat ability called 'Head Pop' Y,X,X, perform this move while holding a shield on a captain 2-3 times, he will be unable to block it, once his helmet is destroyed Conan will slice his head off with the shield unlocking the achievement.

Untouchable
40 Complete a mission without taking any damage

Can be done on any difficulty and on any level, so just start the game on easy and play through the starting levels without being attacked, the achievement will unlock on the after mission stats screen. Alternatively you can complete the game on King mode and activate the invincibility cheat...

High and Mighty
10 Score 20000 points in a level

I got this achievement on the second level, basically you just have to kill all the enemies on a level. You get points for the amount of kills, dismemberments, impalements etc. and lose points for deaths and damage taken.

The Bloody Crown
40 Score 100000 total points

This is unlocked when you reach a total score of 100000 points, if you are going for the Fatal Touch and Death Rain achievements, you can spend some time gaining points during the Giant Squid Boss battle.

Last edited by Mxs10; 11-03-2007 at 08:01 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:29 PM   #5
xxXI Dave IXxx

xxXI Dave IXxx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Awesome guide, Will get alot of use from this one for sure. Are levels repalayble or no?
Old 11-04-2007, 03:16 AM   #6
Everharm

everharm's Gamercard
Levels are not replayable, stats do not stack from game to game.

ROCK OF AGES

This can be gotton by throwing all items conan can pick up, except weapons. I mean boulders, crates, vases, etc.

I just got it in the midnight raid level after crushing a captain with a crate.

A trick to this achievment is to turn on the infinite armor power and stone skin the enemies, then one rock/crate/vase will kill them.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:03 AM   #7
xXTheBiGBoSSXx

freakin' nice guide unafortunatdly after beating the game i don t want to play it again...
xXTheBiGBoSSXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:24 AM   #8
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Just a heads up on an easier way for "Losing His Mind" -- you can decapitate a captain with the "Heavy Strike Finisher" by simply hitting Y-Y-Y (while you have a 1-handed sword and a shield, of course). It should take about four combos of that to kill him (on hard), and when you do, you'll get the achievement. Not sure why, since you slice him with your sword, but it worked.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Last edited by The Pants Party; 11-05-2007 at 08:00 AM.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 11:19 AM   #9
Djordje1

How to disarm a enemy???? Pm me please
Djordje1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 10:41 AM   #10
Rioto

Send a message via MSN to Rioto

Bakkiekip's Gamercard
you got to ''buy'' this move. its somewhere in the list with single blade atacks.
Rioto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:49 PM   #11
That Black Kid

That Black Kid's Gamercard
Maybe everyone knows this but for the meat market achievement if you already beat the game on at least normal, use the Song of Death cheat. For the first three levels just use the body slam grapple. Each person killed with it loses all of his limbs, which will count as 5 dismemberments. I got 1000 dismemberments by the beginning of the 3rd level.
That Black Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:41 PM   #12
X VAE VICTUS X
Banned User

X VAE VICTUS X's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Black Kid View Post
Maybe everyone knows this but for the meat market achievement if you already beat the game on at least normal, use the Song of Death cheat. For the first three levels just use the body slam grapple. Each person killed with it loses all of his limbs, which will count as 5 dismemberments. I got 1000 dismemberments by the beginning of the 3rd level.
Thanks for the awesome tip!
X VAE VICTUS X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:29 AM   #13
DreadfulCorpse

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Is this guide complete?
DreadfulCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:11 PM   #14
KrAzY LuSo88

KrAzY LuSo88's Gamercard
hi i discovered an easier and earlier way to unlock the Chain of Fools achievement.when u first encounter the big gorilla in ACT FIVE - ELEPHANT GRAVEYARD,use the prison spell on the big ape,then Use the 'Cimmerian Cyclone' Dual-Wield Combat Ability X, X, X, X (hold).for some reason,the monster will never die(or explode)so u can do it as many time as u want.....(my combo went to approximatively 425)..........i done it on king difficulty with all the cheats activated except for the song of death.......

KrAzY LuSo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:48 AM   #15
aussiegamer

HoMiCiDaL362's Gamercard
Great/Time Consuming achievements!

I wonder how many people have what it takes to 1k this!
Old 05-20-2008, 12:42 PM   #16
thexman75

thexman75's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everharm View Post
Levels are not replayable, stats do not stack from game to game.

ROCK OF AGES

This can be gotton by throwing all items conan can pick up, except weapons. I mean boulders, crates, vases, etc.

I just got it in the midnight raid level after crushing a captain with a crate.

A trick to this achievment is to turn on the infinite armor power and stone skin the enemies, then one rock/crate/vase will kill them.
sorry, my english is not very well...explain me how to do this..??? Armor power infinite is to set in the cheat menu but stone skin the enemy what does it mean.???

thexman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:03 PM   #17
xxGU1TARGODxx

I believe that at least one of these achievements does stack from game to game. I just got the Death Rain achievement on the squid boss level. I had played through the game once before and tossed a lot of guys over the edge in the first couple levels.

On my second play through I did not toss anyone until the squid level and I was keeping count while I was tossing guys overboard. I got the achievement when I hit around 35 so this one definitely adds up from game to game. Not sure about any others though.
xxGU1TARGODxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:02 PM   #18
W. Samuel Jones III

WSJ3's Gamercard
I don't know if this is a glitch but the collection achievements (visa vis all treasure chests) stacked over all my game saves.

When I was down to the last 2 chests the achievement unlocked. I had collected the final 2 in a previous game save.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:47 AM   #19
Rewmac

Rewmac Icon's Gamercard
Do the in-game cheats disable achievements? For example I use master all moves to complete the game on hard. Would I still get Grapple kills achievements for example?

Retail Games 100%

Halo 3, Clive Barker's Jericho, Stranglehold, Transformers, Fight Night Round 3, X-Men, Smackdown vs. Raw 2008,
Avatar TLA : TBE, NHL 2K6, Spider-Man Friend Or Foe, Fantastic Four : ROTSS
NBA 2k6, King Kong, TimeShift, Bourne, Star Wars: TFU, Residen Evil 5, Naruto : The Broken Bond

Rewmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:52 AM   #20
Brothaa

Send a message via Yahoo to Brothaa

bruthaa's Gamercard
Well thanks for the guide. I thought that I would never get the death fall achievement.
Brothaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:05 AM   #21
onephatguy

onephatguy69's Gamercard
Thanks

Nice work, this really helped.
onephatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 04:36 AM   #22
xDAx AWESOME

Send a message via AIM to xDAx AWESOME

xDAx AWESOME's Gamercard
good guide
xDAx AWESOME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:51 AM   #23
miguel56

nebilim56's Gamercard
thanks for this thread
miguel56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:53 AM   #24
A 2rue boofer
Banned User

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
awesome guide next break i have ill pick this up and go for the 1k
A 2rue boofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:58 AM   #25
tastyhouse

tastyhouse's Gamercard
My question is if I beat the game and enable the "Master All Moves" cheat - will it automatically unlock the master swordsman, master dual wielder, master two handed swordsman achievements? Or do you have to unlock these buy mastering every move in the game manually?
tastyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:48 AM   #26
Shadowkiller-NL

Yeah great guide .. but damn dont wanne start over again!
Shadowkiller-NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:59 PM   #27
TheExorzist

The Gamefaqs guide is fucking useless since it DOES NOT list all the treasures. I just stumbled over a treasure chest that is definetly NOT mentioned in the guide.

Use the one from IGN. Seem to be more reliable.

http://guides.ign.com/guides/885362/page_4.html
TheExorzist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:10 AM   #28
SLAIFER

BiriChiNo's Gamercard
great guide
SLAIFER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:23 AM   #29
silentdeath187

RUBENherMEATbox's Gamercard
great guide thanks
silentdeath187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:19 AM   #30
dieselimage

DIESELIMAGE's Gamercard
This game was for sale for like 5 dollars,. I couldn't believe it thanks for the guide going to polish it off real quick !!!