Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Tournaments
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
April Staff/Subscriber Tournament: Last Man Standing (Discussion Thread)

Post all obligatory smack talk here. All posts where the post is not in third person will be removed, edited, or ridiculed.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:28 PM   #2
Obsolete XBA
Master of Bacon (the cat)

Send a message via MSN to Obsolete XBA Send a message via Skype™ to Obsolete XBA

Obsolete XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Submit - Bronze   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Meshuggah1979 approves! Let the games begin (soon) !
Old 03-31-2013, 12:45 PM   #3
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester
Creech is still debating adding The Ultimate Duckface as an award da loserz.

Creech also will award extra cool super useful respect points to every participant who includes the graphic below in their signature. Because Creech is cool like that. Or so Creech has heard.

Last edited by Creech; 03-31-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:02 PM   #4
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Jappe is still wondering the time zones. He also apologies being late to the party.

Jappe needs to gain achievements starting at April 1st 10.00AM until April 2nd 09.59AM. He needs to post his daily number before 1.00PM or he will be eliminated, yes?

Too bad Jappe got additional month of work to do so he needs to time his lunch breaks for posting the daily number.

Time zone where Jappe lays in is GMT+2 hours.

Otherwise he would have no problems but there is the daylight saving time or whatever and Finland moved their clocks an hour ahead last night.

Microsoft Fanboy:
Xbox One 500GB (Day One Edition <3) Xbox 360 4GB + 320GB (NTSC) Xbox 360 E 250GB (PAL)
Xbox 360 E 250GB (NTSC-J) Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8) Windows 8.1 Pro
Old 03-31-2013, 01:37 PM   #5
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Spade expects get about 2-5 achievements a day.

Hey, don't look at Spade like that
Old 03-31-2013, 02:43 PM   #6
Obsolete XBA

Send a message via MSN to Obsolete XBA Send a message via Skype™ to Obsolete XBA

Obsolete XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Submit - Bronze   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   x360a Representer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jappe x360a View Post
Jappe is still wondering the time zones. He also apologies being late to the party.

Jappe needs to gain achievements starting at April 1st 10.00AM until April 2nd 09.59AM. He needs to post his daily number before 1.00PM or he will be eliminated, yes?

Too bad Jappe got additional month of work to do so he needs to time his lunch breaks for posting the daily number.

Time zone where Jappe lays in is GMT+2 hours.

Otherwise he would have no problems but there is the daylight saving time or whatever and Finland moved their clocks an hour ahead last night.
Meshuggah1979 thinks that Jappe got the timestamps right
Old 03-31-2013, 03:27 PM   #7
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
So if Jappe is starting at 10am, that me us Brits start at 8am tomorrow! So is it before 11am the next day, I need to post my unlocked achievements? That's the part that confusing me.

Either way, we have a bank holiday tomorrow, so off with the unlocking I go!

Current Gamerscore: GAMERTAG

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 03-31-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:31 PM   #8
Obsolete XBA

Obsolete XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
So if Jappe is starting at 10am, that me us Brits start at 8am tomorrow! So is it before 11am the next day, I need to post my unlocked achievements? That's the part that confusing me.

Either, we have a bank holiday tomorrow, so off with the unlocking I go!
That is correct
Old 03-31-2013, 03:32 PM   #9
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Creech confirms that all of the time conversions above are accurate. Creech also would like to point out that there is no reason participants have to wait until midnight to post the daily number. If a participant wishes to post the daily number at say, 10pm PT that would be acceptable as well. Creech doesn't care. The only thing Creech cares about is...well, Creech won't break anyone's hearts by pointing out the obvious.

Old 03-31-2013, 03:36 PM   #10
Ceris
~Kairi's Student~

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Guide Team   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade. View Post
Spade expects get about 2-5 achievements a day.

Hey, don't look at Spade like that
Ceris is going to find it hard to get an achievement a day while also playing Defiance, let alone Ceris getting 2-5 a day...

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:46 PM   #11
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:

Either way, we have a bank holiday tomorrow, so off with the unlocking I go!
"us" = First person.
"I" = First person (two violations).
"my" = First person.
"me" = First person.
"we" = First person.

Nozza, guilty of six violations before the contest even starts. Creech is disappointed, but is also glad that Nozza will be earning the amazing award that is associated with losers who are shown to be talking in the first person. The awards below should be a fine addition to Nozza's Award Showcase.

Old 03-31-2013, 03:48 PM   #12
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceris View Post
Ceris is going to find it hard to get an achievement a day while also playing Defiance.
This is also Nozza problem! Nozza knows, not playing an MMO asap will hinder him at the later date! He also knows that it will not get him far in the competition and he'll end up with a duck face award!

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
"us" = First person.
"I" = First person (two violations).
"my" = First person.
"me" = First person.
"we" = First person.

Nozza, guilty of six violations before the contest even starts. Creech is disappointed, but is also glad that Nozza will be earning the amazing award that is associated with losers who are shown to be talking in the first person. The awards below should be a fine addition to Nozza's Award Showcase.
I meant to say "mean"... You miss two letters and end up with the award. I've got what I came for, so off I go!

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 03-31-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:56 PM   #13
Corrupt.
Guide Team Lead/Moderator

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 48 (more» ...)
Corrupt thinks he finally understands what is going down. But why does it hurt?
Old 03-31-2013, 04:13 PM   #14
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
This is also Nozza problem! Nozza knows, not playing an MMO asap will hinder him at the later date! He also knows that it will not get him far in the competition and he'll end up with a duck face award!

Edit:
I meant to say "mean"... You miss two letters and end up with the award. I've got what I came for, so off I go!
Creech continues to be disappointed, but would like to point out that Creech did not penalize Nozza for the obvious typo. Additional violations in this post are bolded above for Nozza's edification. With a total of 11 duck face awards, Nozza is almost within grasp of the complete award showcase being overtaken by the mighty face of the duck.

Old 03-31-2013, 04:24 PM   #15
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Then I better keep it up then. One does feel that having a showcase full of ducks would look good.

Makes me happy.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:00 PM   #16
Corrupt.

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Corrupt feels there should be a "no-backsies" rule if the duck face award is given
Old 03-31-2013, 05:12 PM   #17
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Biggg's schedule on Monday is too busy to hop on Live, so please don't give out that Duckface award

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
Old 03-31-2013, 06:23 PM   #18
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver
Spade. is curious when his time starts..
Old 03-31-2013, 06:31 PM   #19
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade. View Post
Spade. is curious when his time starts..
Creech is saddened by the inability of the subscribers to use time conversion software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt x360a View Post
Corrupt thinks he finally understands what is going down. But why does it hurt?
Creech is even further saddened by the inaccurate reference. The correct question is "Why does it hurt SO BAD?"

The answer?

Last edited by Creech; 03-31-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:22 PM   #20
Corrupt.

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
Creech is saddened by the inability of the subscribers to use time conversion software.

Creech is even further saddened by the inaccurate reference. The correct question is "Why does it hurt SO BAD?"

The answer?
Old 03-31-2013, 08:29 PM   #21
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt x360a View Post

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 03-31-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:34 PM   #22
Yunder

Send a message via MSN to Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Yunder   Submit - Emerald
Old 03-31-2013, 10:04 PM   #23
Corrupt.

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Old 03-31-2013, 10:58 PM   #24
DEG23
Listening to 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
*DEG trying to follow this thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Stomper View Post
I refuse to use Spotify because they have no Taylor Swift albums.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:21 AM   #25
Obsolete XBA

Obsolete XBA's Gamercard

Meshuggah1979 wishes everyone good luck and so forth
Old 04-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #26
jamie1000013

D Mob x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Genre Competition - Second Place   2,500 Posts   x360a Representer   Completion Competition Winner   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Jamie1000013 wishes he didn't have such a long username with so many numbers.

Jamie1000013 also wishes he would have preloaded or even left some easy achievements. Please no 1 day knockout Jamie1000013's *pride* (heh heh) can't take it.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #27
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie1000013 View Post

Jamie1000013 also wishes he would have preloaded or even left some easy achievements. Please no 1 day knockout Jamie1000013's *pride* (heh heh) can't take it.
Preload for the win? Jappe is almost safe from day 1 elimination already. He needs to push a little more!

Microsoft Fanboy:
Xbox One 500GB (Day One Edition <3) Xbox 360 4GB + 320GB (NTSC) Xbox 360 E 250GB (PAL)
Xbox 360 E 250GB (NTSC-J) Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8) Windows 8.1 Pro
Old 04-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #28
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie1000013 View Post

Creech wonders why jamie1004524p54205435704850437813 doesn't just change his name in the Subscriber forum, perhaps to something such as "D Mob".

Old 04-01-2013, 04:36 PM   #29
Corrupt.

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Corrupt wishes that he wasn't at work. Corrupt can't start unlocking achievements til later
Old 04-01-2013, 05:04 PM   #30
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Nozza got 2 missions into Crysis 3 until it glitched on him. Thus force himself to start the game again!

Nozza didn't learn not to buy Crytek games the first time around with Crysis 2!

Closed Thread