Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Terraria
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-28-2014, 07:00 PM   #1
datmanydocris

DatManYdocris's Gamercard
Hallowed be thy Name and Corruptible are the most annoying achievements ever

Last week I started a small world to get the Corruptible achievement for having most of your world be corruption. I beat the Wall of Flesh to go into hardmode so that the Crimson would spread faster, then I used Vile Powder to get rid of the Hallow. I have let the game run that world for the past three days, and the Crimson has only gone from the original 4% to 14%. It took THREE DAYS for a 10% increase. At this rate, it will be 4th of July before I get this achievement. In my book, any achievement that requires you to have your game running for several weeks straight is a horrible achievement.

It doesnít matter how many resources you have if you donít know how to use them, they will never be enough. - Unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by datmanydocris View Post
Let's just say my backlog is bigger than Kanye West's ego.

Retail Games Perfected: 1
Arcade Games Perfected: 5
datmanydocris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:41 PM   #2
Kevin 737

KEVIN 737's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by datmanydocris View Post
Last week I started a small world to get the Corruptible achievement for having most of your world be corruption. I beat the Wall of Flesh to go into hardmode so that the Crimson would spread faster, then I used Vile Powder to get rid of the Hallow. I have let the game run that world for the past three days, and the Crimson has only gone from the original 4% to 14%. It took THREE DAYS for a 10% increase. At this rate, it will be 4th of July before I get this achievement. In my book, any achievement that requires you to have your game running for several weeks straight is a horrible achievement.
I don't want to sound like an ass but I think you are doing it all wrong.

The reason the counter is moving so slowly is because there are a lot of blocks that can't be corrupted because they are surrounded by other blocks. The best way imo to corrupt a world is to make horizontal shafts of 3 blocks high through the surface area. Make these shafts of dirt and let some grass grow on it.

This method will also take a long time but it is probably the fastest way.

You should also look at this thread for some tips for both achievements.
Linky

I hope this helps.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:19 AM   #3
ShotyMcFat

ShotyMcFat's Gamercard
Now that the game is updated I recommend using the Clentaminator with purple/blue solution. It is expensive to use but it is a hell of a lot faster then holy water or unholy water.

These items can be bought from the steampunker.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:00 AM   #4
Joshkiderp

Joshkiderp's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotyMcFat View Post
Now that the game is updated I recommend using the Clentaminator with purple/blue solution. It is expensive to use but it is a hell of a lot faster then holy water or unholy water.

These items can be bought from the steampunker.
It still is fairly slow. I ended up spraying it all over the map with a friend and I'm now AFK'ing it and waiting.

Anyone know ways to speed it up? Glitches perhaps?
Joshkiderp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:13 AM   #5
Dante Kasai

Send a message via Skype™ to Dante Kasai

Dante Kasai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
You think this kind of achievement is the worst? Have you ever gone on a fight-to-the-death arena that lasts for over 100 rounds with stronger enemies every round?

Burning electricity is nothing compared to the things that other people have done.