PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock Infinite
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-31-2013, 08:28 PM   #1
Hayden

Send a message via MSN to Hayden

Hayden x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Hayden   x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Silver   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   Donator - Level 2   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   Member of the Month
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
FAQ & Useful Links

There are a lot of great guides being posted by members however there is not enough room to sticky them all, so please find below a list of useful links and frequently asked questions.

If you have any questions you feel are being asked by a lot by people and would like me to add them to the FAQ please post below.

Achievement Guide and Roadmap by Tyger7

Achievement Guide and Roadmap by h4mm32

Collectibles Guide by Maka

Collectibles Guide by PowerPyx

Collectibles Guide by Predni

Collectibles Guide by DrMong

1999 Speed Run Guide by Bahroo3

Unlimited Lock Picks/Money Guide by PowerPyx

Vigors Guide by Hayden

Gear guide by Sophia Hyakato

FAQ

How do I unlock 1999 mode?

You can unlock it one of 2 ways, either completed the game on any difficulty or on the main menu enter :dri ght:

If I beat the game on 1999 difficulty will it unlock the other difficulty related achievements?

Yes if you beat the game on 1999 and earn "Auld Lang Syne" achievement you will also unlock "Tin Soldier", "Saw The Elephant" and "Stone Cold Pinkerton" achievements.

I have bought the Season Pass/Completed the industrial revolution game, where are my in game freebies?

Shortly after the raffle and your first fight you will enter a place called the blue ribbon restaurant, here you will find your gear/infusions/money scattered across the tables and bar.

I have already passed the Blue Ribbon, can i still get my DLC gear and Infusions?

You can still backtrack up to the Monument Tower elevator. If you have passed this you will need to load up chapter 4 Rooftops and restart from the Blue Ribbon.

Is Gear placement random?

The location of gear is not random however what you will find in the blue boxes is random (with a few exceptions) if you don't get something you like you can reload your last checkpoint to get something else.

Which Gear items are not random?

The items you receive in the Blue Ribbon Restaurant from season pass/industrial revolution game are not random and following 5 items will always be found in the same place:-

Burning Halo head wear
Spare the Rod head wear
Rising bloodlust head wear
Health for salts Leg wear
Spectral Sidekick Leg wear

Do the collectables (Voxophones, Kinectoscopes, Telescopes and Infusions) carry over playthroughs?

Voxophones, Kinectoscopes and Telescopes carry over however you have to get all infusions in one playthrough

What is up with the ending?

Feel free to discuss any aspects of ending in THIS THREAD

Last edited by Tyger7; 04-18-2013 at 04:55 AM.
Hayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:16 PM   #2
Sophia Hyakato

Sophia Hyakato's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
In progress but there is already some good info here about Gear and builds: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...=1#post5669729
  • Poker Night 2 (345/400g)
  • Final Fantasy XIII (120/1000g)
  • Portal 2 (880/1000g)- Co-op left 5 achievements

Last edited by Sophia Hyakato; 03-31-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Sophia Hyakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:25 PM   #3
Sabrelord

Sabr3lord's Gamercard
Q: Do collectables such as Voxophones, Kineto-/Tele-scopes and Infusions carry over?
A: Yes they do carry over between all playthroughs. However, Infusions have to be collected in one playthrough, as the Achievement descriptions clearly tells.

Q: I already passed the Blue Ribbon, can i still get my DLC gear and Infusions?
A: You can still backtrack unless you already went up the MonumentalTower elevator. In this case your only option is to load up chapter 4 Rooftops and restart from the Blue Ribbon.

Q: Is the placement of gear items random?
A: No, the gear placement is fixed, but the Gear you're getting is random except a few.

Feel free to add,but please leave a note-no Randoms. Live - 360v - LastFM
Sabrelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:53 AM   #4
Sabrelord

Sabr3lord's Gamercard
No edit since i'm not sure if it would be noticed...

Q: I'm going for the Scavenger Hunt Achievement. Can i use Vigor and Armory vending machines or possess Dollar Bill Machines?
A: Yes, Yes and Yes.
You can even enter a Dollar Bill as long as you don't buy anything.
If you can reload your checkpoint if you accidentialy bought something is unconfirmed for now.

Q: What happens when i die on 1999, do i have to sart over from scratch?
A: No, 1999 works like any mode except the fact tht it costs 100$ to respawn and it will load your last checkpoint if you ain't got no money left.

Q: Is there a manual save system?
A: No, but all your major checkpoints are saved as file with a timestamp and accessable through chapter select.

Q: I reloaded my Game and all my progress is gone, what happened?
A: The Game has most probably saved properly but loaded an older savegame due to the newer Timestamps. Try go through chapter select and not Continue.

Q: Can i reload a checkpoint/chapter to get Kills/Collectables?
A: Yes, you can, except infusions.

Q: Where can i find the Achievement tracker stats?
A: You can't, there is no overall stats page only the pop up notifications

Q: Do the Early Bird Infusion count for the "Infused with greatness" Achievement?
A: Yes, with or without DLC you need to collect and "hold" a total of 24 in 1 playthrough.

Q: I maxed my Health/Shield/Salt but my Achievement didn't pop? Is it glitched?
A: Probably not. If you are about to spend a point, the game makes it look like it's already filled. So basicaly what you see is what you will have after the upgrade.

I think that's it so far

Feel free to add,but please leave a note-no Randoms. Live - 360v - LastFM

Last edited by Sabrelord; 04-05-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Sabrelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:47 PM   #5
Sophia Hyakato

Sophia Hyakato's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Q: Does the choice between the bird or the cage effect anything (game-play, ending, etc)?
A: No, the choice effects nothing game-play wise. It is just a cosmetic choice on what Elizabeth will wear all game. (Although, both choices can be seen as symbolic in their own way and Elizabeth is not even seen wearing it in the finale of the game.) This choice will net you some different dialogue either way but it is nothing to be really concerned over.
  • An interesting note about this choice is that every time you cross over to a new tear, the necklace changes to the opposite choice. So, essentially, the choice really doesn't matter at all because she will have worn both.

Q: Is there more than one ending?
A: No

Q: Does the choice to throw the ball at the announcer or the couple effect anything game play wise seeing as its interrupted.
A: The choice itself does not effect game-play but if you do happen to choose to throw the ball at the announcer, the couple will reappear outside of the Arcade in Battleship Bay and give you a Gear. This choice will net you some different dialogue either way but it is nothing to be really concerned over.

Q: Does the choice on whether or not to demand tickets effect anything game-play wise?
A: Either way, Elizabeth will run off scared of you because you killed in front of her. If you demand tickets versus shooting first, you will have to wear a bandage on your hand the rest of the game. Shooting first will net you nothing different game-play wise. This choice will net you some different dialogue either way but it is nothing to be really concerned over.

Q: Does the choice to kill Slate or not effect anything game-play wise?
Killing Slate does nothing except save him from a scene later in the Good Time Club where we assume he has been interrogated and tortured. This choice will net you some different dialogue either way but it is nothing to be really concerned over.

Will keep updating this post if I see anything else get asked in more than one thread.
  • Poker Night 2 (345/400g)
  • Final Fantasy XIII (120/1000g)
  • Portal 2 (880/1000g)- Co-op left 5 achievements

Last edited by Sophia Hyakato; 04-11-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Sophia Hyakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:37 PM   #6
Buzz VII

Buzz VII's Gamercard
This is great. Was going to ask a question about the 1999 play through regarding not purchasing anything from the Dolla Bill machines but it was in here. Glad I checked before asking the same question or opening a completely different thread. Thanks for putting this together! Love this game!

I've heard it both ways
Buzz VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:41 AM   #7
Ragnarok1986

Ragnarok1986's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Nice be using this when I pick my copy up this week

Follow me on Twitter
Ragnarok1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:32 PM   #8
judogrrl

judogrrl's Gamercard
Red face That "fit as a fiddle" isn't totally worthless!

I was having a terrible time in my hard run through But when I died one time I paused during the animation where Elizabeth is reserecting you and pulled out that vest and woke up with full health and salts! then I switched right back to my other gear.I tried it a couple of times so I guess if your fast enough.....
hope this helps
Old 04-25-2013, 03:54 PM   #9
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Kudos, that's a good tip if it works.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:13 AM   #10
Lara Croft

LaraCroftAngel's Gamercard
Smile

thank you guys for your help with achievements

I was playing 1999 mode, going for Scavanger Hunt also. while fighting handy man he trapped me in a corner and I didn't notice dollar machine next to me. accidently pressed X. i quit out of the game right away and loaded last checkpoint. got Scavanger Hunt in the end after all

one other thing worth mentioning for those who rent this game with no manual. you can Sprint by pressing left thumb stick

Last edited by Lara Croft; 05-27-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Lara Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #11
smacd101

Do weapon kills needed for those achievements carry over in different games?

What does this mean? If I hit a certain point in the game where I don't have all the infusions and reload a checkpoint to go find it, I can't get it?
smacd101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:25 AM   #12
R6soldier

R6soldier's Gamercard
i finished 1999 mode and my last achievement is sightseer. can i start the new game on easy and will all the chapter still be there? i wanna run through the bad guys so i don't die and just get the telescopes and kinetoscope
Old 05-28-2013, 04:29 AM   #13
Rajeanero
Ryan Industries

Rajeanero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Artist of the Month   Staff - Graphics Team   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smacd101 View Post

What does this mean? If I hit a certain point in the game where I don't have all the infusions and reload a checkpoint to go find it, I can't get it?
Yeah, that is what it means. You have to get them all in order to get the achievement. But the 5 infusions from the DLC counts towards the achievement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6soldier View Post
i finished 1999 mode and my last achievement is sightseer. can i start the new game on easy and will all the chapter still be there? i wanna run through the bad guys so i don't die and just get the telescopes and kinetoscope
Chapter select will be still there but you have only one save for each checkpoint. And if you load up a checkpoint from your 1999 playthrough you can't switch the difficulty to easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakez123 View Post
Raj is still the best though, no one beats Raj, he's like the Chuck Norris of signatures.
Rajeanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #14
Lara Croft

LaraCroftAngel's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by smacd101 View Post
you can reload chapters and keep on clicking "load checkpoint" after certain amount of kills. for instance

Seasoned To Taste - Crank Gun - The Bull House Impound (go through red door and take right, kill a few soldiers, load checkpoint)

skyline kills - command deck
kill people while drunk - shanty town - bar