PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-31-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
Survived Quarry Junction

l Stab People's Gamercard
Dlc?

Ok so how much of the DLC is worth to buy it and if so in which order?
Survived Quarry Junction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:55 AM   #2
ecto69

ecto69's Gamercard
They are on sale this week which needs in 24-48 hours or less

Best order as per most

1. Dragonborn (largest download) and maybe the best

2. Dawnguard (2nd largest) and I really liked this one

3. Hearthfire (smallest) it turned out to be fun but not worth full price wait for sale (which is on now)

I personal did them in 2,3,1 order as that was how them became available on sale.

on PS3 I did them Dragonborn, hearthfire and dawnguard order

so no real reason to do in specific order.

release order Dawnguard, hearthfire, dragonborn
Old 04-01-2013, 02:16 AM   #3
ICT Venom

ict venom's Gamercard
In my opinion, I thought that Dragonborn was the best one of the three released so far. The island of Solsteim was very well created and offered a good dose of nostalgia from the days of ESIII: Morrowwind.

I would then say Dawngaurd is second best. I personally enjoyed the story, but the best part of the DLC for me was the addition of crossbows. If bows are your primary weapon type, Dawngaurd adds some good ones to the game.

Hearthfire sounds good on paper, but it is a pain in the butt to round up everything you need to build your house. It also adds the function of being able to adopt kids, which I only did for the achievement and then loaded back the previous save to take it back lol. It really wasn't all that great for me, as I spent more time in loading screens than actually in the game world.
ICT Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:55 AM   #4
Slaughter.
Wot r u casul??!??

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Dragonborn is the best DLC because it has an interesting story and a nice environment to explore and immerse yourself in.

Hearthfire is second best because I think the environments the houses are placed are awesome. Plus, all you really need is 5000 gold and a lot of iron ingots. And it's only $5.

Dawnguard is third because even though they give you a choice, it's totally unbalanced as you gain NOTHING from siding with the vampires. Plus, I didn't really get interested in the story that it had to offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
I think Halo: Reach is the best Halo game and should be played by everyone.

Slaughter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:26 PM   #5
AWolfAtTheDoor

AWolfAtThaDoor's Gamercard
I'd get Dragonborn first.
AWolfAtTheDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:02 AM   #6
Creazil

iCreazil UK's Gamercard
Definitely Dragonborn. The amount of content put into Dragonborn is amazing. I was on Solstheim for 2 hours before I even completed the Dragonborn quest. That was doing the side missions and exploring. I ended up doing about 4 - 5 side missions before actually starting the main questline. It's an amazing DLC, just don't interrupt the conversation in Slaak town, 'cos an achievement becomes unobtainable.

Dawnguard is pretty decent. I played it on my PS3 file (yet to start it on my Xbox file), and I did enjoy the story. Travelling around in Soul Cairn was a job, but after getting the horse from the misc quest it wasn't so bad. I like the story of this one, but I didn't join up with the vampires so I don't know that questline.

Hearthfire I actually enjoy, unlike most people. I like having different chests for storage in one place, I like having armour on mannequins and placing my valuable weapons on weapon stands and shield stands. I really like it. They're also big, which I definitely like.

All three are worth it. What I'd do is start Hearthfire first, get your house then star Dawnguard. After a bit of disappointment with the content in Dawnguard and how quick it is to complete, go to Dragonborn and prepare to have your spirits lifted. Save best 'til last.

Creazil is offline   Reply With Quote