PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-02-2009, 07:32 PM   #1
Devil Sora

Send a message via AIM to Devil Sora Send a message via MSN to Devil Sora

Devil Sora's Gamercard
Tips on how to do Jin's Astral finish + general complaint

Now before I star I just would like to say I love this game so much its fun with friends and not every match is the same.

Now saying that I do have one complaint. . . . .the saving system in the game I so far have gone through Arcade mode twice with Jin both times unlocking his Astral finish but "Saving" isn't really a priority in BlazBlue which is unfortunate.

So as the title states tips on how to do Jin's Astral finish? You need to start out pressing up but as soon as you acually TOUCH the up button he jumps so on and so forth with crouching. . . . it acually gets annoying seeing as something as easy as a 720 degree spin on the stick or D-pad (I use the Joystick) is so difficult. . . . .

There was going to be another question I was going to ask but I completelly forget it lol also I should mention that this is my first real purchasing of a 2-D fighter and my 2nd understanding of the control scheme for these kind of fighters (first being Street Fighter IV) so please try to keep your responses quick and poliete so that we may all go back to enjoying BlazBlue
Geth do not intentionally infiltrate.
------------------------------------------------
Devil Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:37 PM   #2
Electriclectic

Electriclectic's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Sora View Post
So as the title states tips on how to do Jin's Astral finish? You need to start out pressing up but as soon as you acually TOUCH the up button he jumps so on and so forth with crouching. . . . it acually gets annoying seeing as something as easy as a 720 degree spin on the stick or D-pad (I use the Joystick) is so difficult. . . . .
A key component of fighting games is buffering the move you want to do. The game recognizes your input even if you aren't standing totally still. I'd suggest inputting it during one of Jin's regular moves, or even better attempt to combo into it.

Electriclectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:04 PM   #3
Devil Sora

Devil Sora's Gamercard
Alright I'll try that. If anyone else has anymore suggestions I'll gladly take them
Old 07-02-2009, 10:16 PM   #4
Balmung92

Balmung92's Gamercard
This is gonna sound strange but this is how I do it. First I start out with the joystick at 4 then spin it as if im revving up for the second 360 then i hit a just as it hits 8. So i guess you could say its more like a 695 than a 720. For some reason he dosent jump on the first 360 if you do it fast enough. Hope that helps.

Last edited by Balmung92; 07-03-2009 at 12:08 AM.
Balmung92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:17 PM   #5
Dintrao

Dintrao's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electriclectic View Post
A key component of fighting games is buffering the move you want to do. The game recognizes your input even if you aren't standing totally still. I'd suggest inputting it during one of Jin's regular moves, or even better attempt to combo into it.
He basically told you exactly what you need to try, I noticed that the 720 spins (2 circle spins) dont ever do the move you want them to if you do it while just standing there. Or maybe its just me lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balmung92 View Post
This is gonna soun strange but this is how I do it. First I start out on with the joystick at 4 then spin it as if im revving up for the second 360 the i hit a just as it hits 8. So i guess you could say its more like a 695 than a 720. For some reason he dosent jump on the first 360 if you do it fast enough. Hope that helps.
There is something to try!
Dintrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:07 AM   #6
Balmung92

Balmung92's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dintrao View Post
He basically told you exactly what you need to try, I noticed that the 720 spins (2 circle spins) dont ever do the move you want them to if you do it while just standing there. Or maybe its just me lol

There is something to try!
Sorry for the bad grammar on that post my keyboard sucks also that does work from a standing position though i doubt anyone would ever lt you do it from standing.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:34 AM   #7
Dintrao

Dintrao's Gamercard

Quote:
Sorry for the bad grammar on that post my keyboard sucks also that does work from a standing position though i doubt anyone would ever lt you do it from standing.
You never know! Although, personally I would never let Jin get a second to do anything. Against him it's pressure, pressure, pressure!! lol
Old 07-03-2009, 12:41 AM   #8
Potemkin

McSoap's Gamercard
You can't do standing 720's in BB so just jump, 720. Really easy stuff.
Potemkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:44 AM   #9
Dintrao

Dintrao's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potemkin View Post
You can't do standing 720's in BB so just jump, 720. Really easy stuff.
Well, now we know that you can jump then do it too! lol
Old 07-03-2009, 12:47 AM   #10
Potemkin

McSoap's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electriclectic View Post
You can't combo AH.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:22 AM   #11
Aobikari Dragon

Send a message via AIM to Aobikari Dragon

Aobikari Dragon's Gamercard
Well I figure i start answering here and there (since i finally got through story mode). Also I use Jin as my main and done this quite a few times. The SF4 approach to this works just like zangief ultra, you jump do two circles and press the button and soon as you land and it will work. However, doing this on a match can cost you, so what I stared doing is his C variant of crystal strike after a double jump, to miss the person, and input the command and as soon as you touch the ground hit the button. Now you can combo into this move, though its tough and its all about timing. And ill leave you with that hahaha I got to keep my ranked fighting tips haha. Sorry just know that you can combo into it.

Vesperia Master!
Epic Tier 3 Engineer!

SOH-CAH-TOA
Any tree can drop an Apple... Ill drop the freaking Moon!

Last edited by Aobikari Dragon; 07-03-2009 at 01:47 AM.
Aobikari Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:39 AM   #12
Potemkin

McSoap's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aobikari Dragon View Post
Well I figure i start answering here and there (since i finally got through story mode). Also I use Jin as my main and done this quite a few times. The SF4 approach to this works just like zangief ultra, you jump do two circles and press the button and soon as you land and it will work. However, doing this on a match can cost you, so what I stared doing is his C variant of hard strike after a double jump, to miss the person, and input the command and as soon as you touch the ground hit the button. Now you can combo into this move, though its tough and its all about timing. And ill leave you with that hahaha I got to keep my ranked fighting tips haha. Sorry just know that you can combo into it.
Uggh, thats what i basically said 2 posts back. This is just longer.

Yeah, i just tested it out and you can combo from throw. Thats what i get for thoeory fighting, lol.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:46 AM   #13
Aobikari Dragon

Send a message via AIM to Aobikari Dragon

Aobikari Dragon's Gamercard
haha yeah trust me you can do more than throw into his AH (though i got to thank the Jin with 100% tension on story mode for that). Once you grasp the timing of this attacks (or attacks you will use the most) his AH becomes second nature.

Vesperia Master!
Epic Tier 3 Engineer!

SOH-CAH-TOA
Any tree can drop an Apple... Ill drop the freaking Moon!
Aobikari Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:36 AM   #14
Devil Sora

Devil Sora's Gamercard
umm hehehe you guys might kill me but I've been experimenting with the game and I've discovered that just pressing down on the right joystick automaticlly activates anyones Astral Finish. . . . . .regardless of who it is. . . . . so ya I know it might be a "cheap" way to do an astral finish but hell. . . . . .it works for me at least for the meantime.

As for saving. . . . I figured out that to. . . so this game is pretty much the funnest fighter I've played in 2 years. . . .
Old 07-03-2009, 04:23 AM   #15
Balmung92

Balmung92's Gamercard
Quote:
umm hehehe you guys might kill me but I've been experimenting with the game and I've discovered that just pressing down on the right joystick automaticlly activates anyones Astral Finish. . . . . .regardless of who it is. . . . . so ya I know it might be a "cheap" way to do an astral finish but hell. . . . . .it works for me at least for the meantime.

As for saving. . . . I figured out that to. . . so this game is pretty much the funnest fighter I've played in 2 years. . . .
Yes but that only works in offline play or if its enabled in player matches(which it rarely is) but you cant do easy specials in ranked matches.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:33 AM   #16
Dintrao

Dintrao's Gamercard

Quote:
Yes but that only works in offline play or if its enabled in player matches(which it rarely is) but you cant do easy specials in ranked matches.
Yup, they won't let you be even slightly cheap with key binding specials in Ranked
Old 07-03-2009, 07:10 PM   #17
Electriclectic

Electriclectic's Gamercard
Quote:

That's fantastic. That will save me so much time in getting the AH achievements.

Electriclectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:26 PM   #18
Devil Sora

Devil Sora's Gamercard
hm. . . . .well seeing how I only play with my girlfriend it really doesn't matter XD I just like seeing everyone's astral finish first hand
Old 02-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #19
soapxm

Blue Diamond 08's Gamercard
You can do it when you downed.

Don't wake up too soon.

Then try this.
soapxm is offline   Reply With Quote