PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows 8 Games > Adventure > Adera > Episode 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #1
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide + Roadmap

Adera: Episode Four

ROADMAP

Overview

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 2/10
-Estimated time for 100: Less than 1 hour
-Minimum playthroughs: 1
-Offline: 6/6 (100)
-Online: 0/6 (0)
-Missable Achievements: 2 (Master Cartographer and Master Astronomer...see descriptions)
-Unobtainable Achievements: 0
-Does difficulty affect achievements: No
-Cheats disable achievements: No cheats
-Glitchy achievements: 1 (Master Astronomer...see description)
-Extra equipment needed: Windows 8 PC or Tablet

Introduction
Adera is a 3D point-and-click puzzle adventure game that follows Jane Sinclaire as she journeys to the mysterious city of Adera in search of her missing grandfather. Throughout the game, you will have to solve puzzles, collect artifacts, and explore the environments to reveal the mysteries of Adera. The game boasts vibrant, crisp visuals, but a rather weak, though sufficient storyline. Currently Episode Four of the game costs $3.99 in the Windows 8 Store.

Step 1: Complete the game!
Just play through the game from the beginning. You can skip puzzles and use as many hints as you want. Make sure you pay attention to the two missable achievements, so you do not have to playthrough more than once.

Conclusion
Episode Four can be completed in under 1 hour as long as you are careful of the missable achievements. It is quite short for the price, but is easy enough.

GUIDE

STORY RELATED ACHIEVEMENTS (4 for 80 )

The following 4 achievements are obtained just by progressing through the storyline and cannot be missed.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS IN THIS SECTION...

The Tower - 20
Find your way into Amaro's tower.

From the beginning of the game, you will need to do the following:

Open the main door at end of bridge:
  • Pole - Zoom-in on the broken railing on the left side of the bridge. It is in plain sight.
  • Quetzal Piece 1/3 - Next to the bowl on the ground on the right side of the bridge.
  • Quetzal Piece 2/3 - There are two hanging bowls on the left side of the bridge. In the rightmost of the two, is a piece. Click it to make it fall and then click it again to collect.
  • Quetzal Piece 3/3 - Use the pole on the netting that is tucked up by the hanging bowls on the left to make the butterfly net. Use this net over the side of the broken bridge on the left to collect the final piece.
  • Use the three Quetzal pieces to open the main door at the end of the bridge.
Get up to the balcony:
  • Old iron key - Click the big blue rock in this room to do a puzzle and get this as the reward.
  • Grappling hook and brass door handle - Take the key back to the wooden closet beneath the hanging bowls on the left side of the bridge. Complete the Hidden Object Scene to get these items.
  • Use the grappling hook on the balcony to climb up.
  • ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!

GOAL : 300,000 Gamersore by Dec 31, 2015 -
306 COMPLETED GAMES (115 WP)

Check out my 118 Achievement Guides <HERE>

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: @Lumiatography < LINK

Last edited by Arsenic 17; 04-14-2013 at 06:27 AM.
Arsenic 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #2
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Bookworm - 15
Enter Amaro's hidden library.

After climbing up the grappling hook and over the balcony, you will be in an area with a bunch of plants. Do the following:

Open the door to the study (left of the tree with sap on it):
  • Panel piece - In the plant area, spin around until you see a fallen tree. Pick this up from underneath it.
  • Spin around until you find the door missing the handle. Use the brass handle on the door to open the study.
  • Use the panel piece on the puzzle next to the door in the right side of the study room. Complete the puzzle.
  • ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED when you enter the library room.
Invisible Reader - 15
Reveal the contents of the secret note inside Amaro's library.

The secret note is on the table to the left in the library.

Reveal the contents of the note:
  • Chemical dropper - It is on the right side of the desk in the study.
  • After picking up the chemical dropper, complete the decoding puzzle.
  • Sap - In the plant area, use the chemical dropper on the tree that is leaking sap to collect some.
  • Use the sap on the black parchment in the library to reveal the text.
  • ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!
We Have Liftoff - 30
Build Amaro's flying machine and escape the tower.

Find the three wires to open the door to the lab area (right of the sappy tree):
  • Exotic fruit - In the plant area, click on the large bulbous plant on the ground next to the colored flasks. Complete the puzzle for this.
  • Green wire - Click on the bird cage in the middle of the scene. Use the exotic fruit on the bird to get it to drop the wire. Collect the wire.
  • Drill crank - Complete the Hidden Object scene in the study (click on the desk) to get this item.
  • Secret book - After revealing the secret message with the sap in the library, click on the parchment with the message on it first, and then the secret book that materializes.
  • Drill bit and landmark clues - Use the secret book on the empty spot on the bookshelf in the library. Complete the puzzle for these items.
  • Orange wire and blueprints - Take the drill crank and drill bit back to the second area of the episode (the room with the grappling hook and balcony). Use the crank on the drill. Click the drill to run it. The bit will break. Use the drill bit on the drill. Click the drill again to run it. It will reveal these items in the box.
  • Violet wire - In the plant area, in front of the bird cage, there are two flower pots on the ground. Click on the one to the right and it will spill, revealing this item.
  • Use the three colored wires on the panel next to the door to open the lab.
Reveal the path with the telescope:
  • Large eclipse crest - In the lab area (with the fire), zoom-in on the fire. Collect the crest from the foreground (it is green).
  • Butterfly glyph and engine - In the observatory (scene with telescope), look at your feet. Click on the wooden trap door and complete the puzzle to earn these.
  • Small eclipse piece - Return to the lab room. Zoom-in on the small desk to the left. Use the butterfly glyph on the small box to unlock it. Collect the item.
  • Red ball - In the lab room, zoom-in on the small desk to the left. The item is in plain sight.
  • Return to the observatory. Look left (opposite side as the telescope) and click on the door. Insert the two eclipse pieces in the door panel. A puzzle will emerge from the ground. MISSABLE ACHIEVEMENT: Master Astronomer. Complete it to open that door to the glider area.
  • Tongs and handle bars- Complete the Hidden Object Scene in the glider area.
  • Lens - Return to the lab and zoom-in on the fire. Use the tongs to grab the lens through the flames.
  • Return to the observatory. Zoom-in on the telescope. Use the lens and landscape clues to ready the telescope. MISSABLE ACHIEVEMENT: Master Cartographer
  • Complete this puzzle to learn the way to the next episode.
Build the glider:
  • You should already have the handlebars and engine. See above if you do not.
  • Wire cutters - Head out to the observatory (area with telescope). Zoom-in on the telescope. Collect these from the bottom of the screen.
  • Wings - In the lab room, use the wire cutters twice on the area above the fire to get this item.
  • Fuel recipe - A note will also fall from using the wire cutters, landing on the table to the right. Click the note to collect it.
  • Sponge - In the glider scene, on the ground to the left. It is yellow.
  • Soaked Sponge - Use the sponge on the blue spill on the ground of the lab scene.
  • Mixed Fuel - Click on the table in the middle of the lab room. Click the book to insert the missing page (the recipe). Then use the soaked sponge on the beaker to the left to make the fuel.
  • Head to the glider area. Place the blueprints on the stand. Then assemble with wings, engine, and handle bars onto the glider. Complete the puzzle to finalize the assembly.
  • Then use the fuel on the glider. Click on the glider to conclude the episode.
  • ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!

Last edited by Arsenic 17; 04-14-2013 at 06:28 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:28 PM   #3
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

MISCELLANEOUS ACHIEVEMENTS (2 for 20 )

The following 2 achievements are obtained by completing miscellaneous tasks or requirements. They are both missable and will require another playthrough if you do not complete them.

Master Cartographer - 10
Find all landmarks through the observatory telescope in under two minutes.

*MISSABLE* Once you insert the lens and landmark clues paper into the telescope, click on it to use it. You will then need to guide the telescope around to the 6 landmarks on the screen in under 2 minutes. There is no timer, so you just have to be quick. You will need to use the dial around the viewfinder to focus the telescope at each landmark until the game recognizes and spins the cross-hairs within the viewfinder. This may be tricky to complete on your first attempt going in blind. Below is a description of how to best attempt navigating the telescope, as well as an image to go along with it showing the locations on screen and what exactly you should be looking for. Definitely read ahead a little here before starting the telescope sequence.
  1. From the start, head straight upwards until you see a fuzzy blackish object. Stop there and focus to see the obsidian obelisk.
  2. Then head down and to the right until you see some orange trees. Follow these orange trees down and to the left until the last one, which is actually an orange rock. Focus on this fiery rock.
  3. Then follow the orange trees back up and to the right. Once you reach the greyish cliff area, focus to see the bird made out of sticks and leaves.
  4. Now head quickly down to the very bottom of the screen. Place the view right between the "Instructions" tab and the "Gaze to the far southwest" tabs. Focus on this bird of sticks and leaves in the grassy area.
  5. Now move the view straight up to the very top of the screen and focus on the green vegetation on top of the muddy cliff.
  6. Finally, move the view down a tad and to the left to find a small village. Focus on it.

Master Astronomer - 10
Line up all the planets in the celestial observatory in 15 moves or less.

*MISSABLE* You need to complete the solar system puzzle in 15 moves or less. The idea is to line up all 8 of the planets in their location on the left side of the sun. The set-up for the puzzle is like this:

Planets are numbered from their final locations on the left, 1 through 8, with 1 being the farthest to the left, and 8 being the farthest to right (closest to sun).

Switch 1 (top): Moves planets 1,4,8
Switch 2: Moves planets 3,7
Switch 3: Moves planets 1,6
Switch 4 (bottom): Moves planets 2,5,7

Hit the switches in this order for a total of 15 moves: Switch 1 x 7 times, Switch 2 x 1 time, Switch 3 x 2 times, and Switch 4 x 5 times

*GLITCH WARNING* For some reason, this achievement just does not unlock when completing the requirements some times. If it doesn't unlock for you on the first attempt, try completing closing the entire game, relaunching it, and changing the difficulty and running back through the episode to this point to give it another go. Even this may not work. Two other possible solutions (or orders) you can try that will line the planets up in 15 moves are:

Alternative 1: Switch 2 x 1 time, Switch 3 x 2 times, Switch 1 x 7 times, Switch 4 x 5 times
Alternative 2: Switch 1 x 3 times, Switch 3 x 6 times, Switch 4 x 5 times, Switch 2 x 1 time

Last edited by Arsenic 17; 04-14-2013 at 06:33 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:28 PM   #4
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

GUIDE UPDATES:

4/1/13 - Guide created and complete.
4/2/13 - Added a photo to help better demonstrate what you need to for the "Master Cartographer" achievement.
4/13/13 - Updates with the colored achievement tiles from the site. Submitted guide for publication to site.
4/14/13 - Guide published to site.

LINKS TO ACHIEVEMENT GUIDES FOR OTHER EPISODES:

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3

Last edited by Arsenic 17; 04-14-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:11 PM   #5
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Great guide (like always)! The "Master Cartographer" description is spot on and perfect!
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.
VonThronstahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:26 AM   #6
Darth Maleval

Darth Maleval's Gamercard
Nice job! Good tips for both the 'Master' achievements!

Another quick 100 points finished up, now on to Episode 5....
Old 04-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #7
Judge Bergan
The Judge

Judge Bergan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Green Thumb - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Thanks for the guide! But ugh it refuses to download for me.

Microsoft Xbox MVP 2014

Xbox Ambassador - Level 14
Writer for Xboxgamer.me
Judge Bergan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #8
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Bergan View Post
Thanks for the guide! But ugh it refuses to download for me.
sorry to hear that mate. Sure it will cooperate soon. After I purchased the episode it downloaded just fine. Also got the update before purchasing.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:09 PM   #9
calex deus

calex dEUS's Gamercard
Missed the master cartographer one, a screen shot of the areas needed would be a big help.
calex deus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:34 AM   #10
StattoSi360

StattoSi's Gamercard
The Master Astronomer is messed up I have done it with the guide on all three difficulties and no achievement and all others have worked fine!
StattoSi360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:11 AM   #11
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StattoSi360 View Post
The Master Astronomer is messed up I have done it with the guide on all three difficulties and no achievement and all others have worked fine!

yeah I am not sure what reason it unlocks and doesn't. I tried it several ways on tourist and it didn't unlock. I then switched the difficulty and it worked when I tried the method in the guide. Just glitchy. Not sure how to pin it

Old 04-03-2013, 07:04 AM   #12
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by calex deus View Post
Missed the master cartographer one, a screen shot of the areas needed would be a big help.
Sorry my description was not much help mate. I have also now added merged screen capture to help more.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #13
sentury111

sentury111's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by StattoSi360 View Post
Mine is glitched too. Three runs on different difficulty and no luck. Last achievement I need.

Will try again maybe tomorrow.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #14
calex deus

calex dEUS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenic 17 View Post
Sorry my description was not much help mate. I have also now added merged screen capture to help more.
Nothing wrong with the description, just me being too slow........... 3 times

But the picture was a huge help
calex deus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:34 PM   #15
sentury111

sentury111's Gamercard
Still can't get the astronomer to work.
Tried variations of difficulties and methods from guide and no luck.
Probably played 7 times to that point now.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:39 AM   #16
StarsRPD

Eskobar M92's Gamercard
Bought it yesterday but no time to complete it because of GoW session. Nice guide I will try get the missable now.

I fucking hate missable timed achievements, now I have to replay it. Prepared like 10 minutes too reading the directions and photo just wasnt prepared for the focus thing. Where is the fuel?! Edit: Nvm I got all achievements at the end of story.

Last edited by StarsRPD; 04-05-2013 at 06:18 PM.
StarsRPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #17
TRICKY1976

Send a message via ICQ to TRICKY1976 Send a message via MSN to TRICKY1976

TRICKY1976's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Just bought the game so ill be using your guide cheers

TRICKY1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:31 AM   #18
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsRPD View Post
Bought it yesterday but no time to complete it because of GoW session. Nice guide I will try get the missable now.

I fucking hate missable timed achievements, now I have to replay it. Prepared like 10 minutes too reading the directions and photo just wasnt prepared for the focus thing. Where is the fuel?! Edit: Nvm I got all achievements at the end of story.
Yeah man I hate missable achievements like this where you have to go in dark and hope for the best. Also the 2 minute limit is pretty strict considering how slow you can move the cursor, the focusing and everything.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:59 PM   #19
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member THE DEADLY DOG and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Adera / DLC: Episode 4 Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.
Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.
You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

Take everything away from me, silent angel.
Kairi is offline   Reply With Quote