Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-02-2013, 01:50 AM   #1
Sabrelord

Sabr3lord's Gamercard
Relaxed and Chilled Games

So i'm looking for good relaxed and chilled games, if that's what you'd call it anyway...

Something like Clash of Heroes or Plants vs Zombies, or maybe Civ: Rev if going with retail.

Something you can play while being too tired/lazy for something "serious"
Maybe even playable with one hand only so you can lay comfy on the couch and use the gamepad more like arcade controls xD

I already thought about Tropico 4(is it any good?) or Puzzle Quest
I'm not realy into card games so nothing like Magic or Poker games, i loved to play RDR mp-poker though.
What's a cool tower defense for XBLA?

Hope that doesn't seem too weird, and please no "Bayo-Auto-battle" jokes...doesn't have to be a game with females...

Thanks

Feel free to add,but please leave a note-no Randoms. Live - 360v - LastFM

Last edited by Sabrelord; 04-02-2013 at 02:14 AM.
Sabrelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:58 AM   #2
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
You could try Tropico or Toy Soldiers. Not sure if thats is exactly what you are looking for though.

I think Strategy games or Card/Board/Puzzle games are your best bets.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:05 AM   #3
imatt B4M

imatt B4M's Gamercard
The be all end all game: Uno
Old 04-02-2013, 02:26 AM   #4
Sabrelord

Sabr3lord's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxy kyle View Post
You could try Tropico or Toy Soldiers. Not sure if thats is exactly what you are looking for though.

I think Strategy games or Card/Board/Puzzle games are your best bets.
Got both ToySoldiers already...cool games, but that's not realy what i'm thinking of, still to much action ^^

I thought about Tropico 4(is it any good?) or Puzzle Quest
What would be a cool tower defense for XBLA? (i got south park, also not what i'm thinking of)
I'm not realy into card games so nothing like Magic or Poker games, i loved to play RDR mp-poker though.

Puzzle Quest is pretty close to what i'm looking for(is there something like a Clash of Heroes clone?), or something like Civ:rev.
Is this Omerta game any good? Haven't tried the demo yet.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:35 AM   #5
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrelord View Post
Got both ToySoldiers already...cool games, but that's not realy what i'm thinking of, still to much action ^^

I thought about Tropico 4(is it any good?) or Puzzle Quest
What would be a cool tower defense for XBLA? (i got south park, also not what i'm thinking of)

Puzzle Quest is pretty close to what i'm looking for(is there something like a Clash of Heroes clone?), or something like Civ:rev.
Is this Omerta game any good? Haven't tried the demo yet.
Personally, I think Tropico is the best strategy game ever. My love for those games is crazy, if those types of games interest you, go for it.

Omerta is made by the same people as Tropico, and have heard it is very similar. The ratings are bad, though so I am not sure. I plan on trying it soon myself regardless of ratings though.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:43 AM   #6
Sabrelord

Sabr3lord's Gamercard
Quote:
Personally, I think Tropico is the best strategy game ever. My love for those games is crazy, if those types of games interest you, go for it.

Omerta is made by the same people as Tropico, and have heard it is very similar. The ratings are bad, though so I am not sure. I plan on trying it soon myself regardless of ratings though.

I wasn't sure about tropico, since i've always been more into the games like Anno, Settlers, Civ than SimCity or HolidayIsland kind of games.

So what's Tropico more like? Never played the series.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:48 AM   #7
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Oh man! I've been looking for Tropico everywhere! No one seems to be selling it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:41 AM   #8
EmporerDragon

EmporerDragon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
If I'm looking to just game in a more zoned out manner, Civilization III and IV are my top choices. After that, probably the various pokemon games (either main series or the Mystery Dungeon games) or the Advance Wars series.

Though I will say, when I'm in that kind of mood, I tend to read a book or wander the internet instead and get lost into sites like the SCP foundation or TVtropes.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:00 AM   #9
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Quote:
I wasn't sure about tropico, since i've always been more into the games like Anno, Settlers, Civ than SimCity or HolidayIsland kind of games.

So what's Tropico more like? Never played the series.
Probably most like SimCity, except you are president of a country.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:04 AM   #10
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Personally the game I like to play to relax and just chill from other more intense games is Pinball FX2. Love that game
Old 04-02-2013, 04:11 AM   #11
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I've heard from many people that Viva Pinata and Minecraft are very relaxing games. From the games that I've played, though, I recommend Uno, Uno RUSH, Darwinia+, and Feeding Frenzy.

I honestly can't recall any retail games that are relaxing from my experience.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:47 AM   #12
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmporerDragon View Post
Though I will say, when I'm in that kind of mood, I tend to read a book or wander the internet instead and get lost into sites like the SCP foundation or TVtropes.
Heh! It's so easy to burn time in TVtropes. Next thing you know, you've just spent several hours there and still have multiple tabs open to read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildmn34 View Post
Personally the game I like to play to relax and just chill from other more intense games is Pinball FX2. Love that game
Agreed. I've got that game (and many tables for it), and it certainly is a great way to just kick back and relax. I heard Pinball Arcade is supposed to be better. In what way I'm not sure; it's not even available in my region.

Quote:
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Old 04-02-2013, 05:03 AM   #13
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direkin View Post
Agreed. I've got that game (and many tables for it), and it certainly is a great way to just kick back and relax. I heard Pinball Arcade is supposed to be better. In what way I'm not sure; it's not even available in my region.
I tried it and honestly didn't care for it. In my opinion, it just doesn't play as smooth as FX. But, that's just my opinion. Some like Arcade more than FX and that's cool. Try them both and see which you prefer.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:51 AM   #14
The Pandamic

the pandamic's Gamercard
SSX is my go to relaxing game. The music, tricks, beautiful ranges and tricks, it's very chilled. If you lie you can look up reviews for it and see for yourself. I wold also like to point out that it has an online pass but it isn't like other online passes, for it just cashes in your credits so you really don't need it.

Another game I'd like to recommend is battlefield 1943. Part competitive and part chill. K/D ratio doesn't matter, achievements are easily obtained (by just playing really) and is sometimes balanced (minus the plane riding whores)

The Pandamic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #15
eagless20055

eagless20055's Gamercard
For me, FTL is a game I can always relax to, even though it is pretty difficult. Others include Pokemon, Civilizations, and minecraft.
eagless20055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #16
Kunduz

Herr Karamell's Gamercard

Quote:
Probably most like SimCity, except you are president of a country.
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
In that case, people will have to download more RAM for it. Consoles have come a long way since they first appeared, so this is very possible.
Kunduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #17
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Any card games really. UNO is a great example of one.

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #18
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Here are some that I can think of:
  • Costume Quest
  • the CSI games
  • Feeding Frenzy
  • The Maw
  • Sealife Safari
  • The Sims 3
  • Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
  • Stacking
  • Uno
  • Viva Pinata

Take everything away from me, silent angel.
Kairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:28 PM   #19
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Gears 3, you turn on bot matches and let the game idle while you go do something relaxing.

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #20
Xtowers

Xtowers's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Minecraft - Super relaxing as long I don't get constantly ambushed by creepers.
Catan - Really fun game. AI players are pretty easy and I can relax and have fun. Ranked games are even more fun, but I can get pissed off when the other players screw me over.
Pinball FX2 - I find myself playing this right before bed when I don't want to go to sleep right away, but I don't want to play any other "serious" games.

Xtowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:25 PM   #21
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Cant believe I forgot about Minecraft. Thats a super relaxing game. I recommend geting it for the PC though if you can. I think it is a lot better of an experience.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #22
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Minecraft is great to just chill out too. Playing it now with the missus. No aggro, no stress. Just perfect.

Civilization Revolution is another great game to chill with. Just don't play it on Deity difficulty. Only managed 1/4 victory types on that as the AI will just shaft you big time. Otherwise it's fun.

Tropico 3 was great fun but had to sell it shortly after getting it due to low funds. Would live to get it again, as it does look like the sort of game I could get into.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #23
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Eagle View Post
Any card games really. UNO is a great example of one.
Or Magic: the Gathering. I see that's quite popular, and I've been meaning to play it as well. Had a nice stack of cards IRL; not sure what happened to them.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #24
Floorkiller

threehaddock62's Gamercard
You probably already have it (Since I think everyone does, lol) , but my favorite chill/veg game is Hexic HD

I haven't played them, but I imagine games like Bejewelled 2 & 3, and Zuma are similarly chill.

Also, older games like Dig Dug, Pac Man, etc.
Floorkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #25
CyberPunch83

CyberPunch83's Gamercard

Not sure if I can agree with OP's statement about Plants vs. Zombies being a casual game. Allow me to quote a personal favourite ancient Chinese proverb as proof:

"He who believes Plants vs. Zombies is a casual game has never truly played Plants vs. Zombies."

Perhaps my opinion is jaded from just playing the PC version. However if you don't mind a slightly jarring atmosphere and very simplistic controls, I would say Limbo counts as a casual title.

50k achieved 10/10/2011
100k achieved 7/3/2014
Achievement: Wheelie God (20G) - Ride to Hell: Retribution

GTA Online Rank (6/20/2014) 91

Games 100%: 84
Latest: Ride to Hell: Retribution

Working on:
World of Tanks (480/600)
GTA V (890/1000)
LEGO Marvel (650/1000)
CyberPunch83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #26
Xtowers

Xtowers's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunch83 View Post
Not sure if I can agree with OP's statement about Plants vs. Zombies being a casual game. Allow me to quote a personal favourite ancient Chinese proverb as proof:

"He who believes Plants vs. Zombies is a casual game has never truly played Plants vs. Zombies."

Perhaps my opinion is jaded from just playing the PC version. However if you don't mind a slightly jarring atmosphere and very simplistic controls, I would say Limbo counts as a casual title.
I'd say Limbo qualifies. You could turn down the lights, sit back, and let the dark lighting and ambient noises do their work.

Xtowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #27
Sabrelord

Sabr3lord's Gamercard
Thanks for all the replies so far.

Still not sure what to get though, gotta take a look a the Demos of Tropico, Omerta and Catan(thanks for reminding me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunch83 View Post

I didn't say casual...just a slow paced comfy game.

I know PvZ can be challenging... finished it.
Same for Civ:rev
I got Limbo, cool too.

Tbh, i never ever played Minecraft since i'm not into map editor kind of stuff and never know what i should build...
Is there any point of playing it when you're not realy creative in such things?

2 older questions i'd appreciate a reply to.

What would be a cool tower defense for XBLA? (i got south park, very cool but also not what i'm thinking of)
Puzzle Quest is pretty close to what i'm looking for(is there something like a Clash of Heroes clone?)

Old 04-02-2013, 07:33 PM   #28
Lava Tonsil

andydubyew's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Community Gaming - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
XBLA - Stacking, Costume Quest, Peggle
Retail - Beautiful Katamari, Viva Pinata and Viva Pinata:Trouble in Paradise.

The Katamari games are so relaxing and fun, just the music in the level select meadow/world puts me at ease. That and Viva Pinata, particularly TIP which was my go to game for about 2 years when i couldn't decide what to play.
Stacking is another really relaxing game, the only downside being the short length of the game, same with Costume Quest; great but short.
Lava Tonsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #29
RPGRulerKahn

Lightbulb

Quote:
Thanks for all the replies so far.

Still not sure what to get though, gotta take a look a the Demos of Tropico, Omerta and Catan(thanks for reminding me)

I didn't say casual...just a slow paced comfy game.

I know PvZ can be challenging... finished it.
Same for Civ:rev
I got Limbo, cool too.

Tbh, i never ever played Minecraft since i'm not into map editor kind of stuff and never know what i should build...
Is there any point of playing it when you're not realy creative in such things?

2 older questions i'd appreciate a reply to.

What would be a cool tower defense for XBLA? (i got south park, very cool but also not what i'm thinking of)
Puzzle Quest is pretty close to what i'm looking for(is there something like a Clash of Heroes clone?)
hey man, easily final fantasy crystal defenders....seriously kicks ass

and oh before I forget Civilization Revolution, Supreme Commander 2, Toy Soldiers and literally Section 8 all which are exclusive.
RPGRulerKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #30
Frost Vomit

Frost Vomit's Gamercard
Hexic HD or Aegis Wing
Frost Vomit is offline   Reply With Quote