PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-02-2013, 09:58 PM   #1
Doktor Wilhelm

Location: North East, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol System.

Doktor Wilhelm's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Poker Night 2 will unlock items in BL2

I'm not sure how it will work, but Telltale Games' Poker Night 2 on the Xbox 360 will unlock Heads and a Skin in Borderlands 2 (plus a Bloodwing avatar pet!?)!

It's a shame that Zero seems to be the only one who gets a Skin (as well as a head)...

Link: http://www.telltalegames.com/pokernight2/unlocks/xbox

Edit: Seems like the game is due out on Tuesday 23rd April (as that's when it's released on Steam)

New edit (18/04/03): There's a trailer for the unlocks (though I never seem to be able to get Youtube links to work on here?)!
It seems that the items may actually be unlocked via completing challenges within the game.

Another new edit (24/04/13): I've written a guide about how to unlock the items over on the Poker Night 2 boards (was thinking of also posting it over here, but it seems a bit redundant as there's already this thread): http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=456338

"Video games don't affect kids. If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Marcus Brigstocke

Last edited by Doktor Wilhelm; 04-24-2013 at 12:46 PM. Reason: I've attempted to write a guide on unlocking the items!
Doktor Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:19 PM   #2
A Twisted Smile

A Twisted Smile's Gamercard
Siren and Gunzerker seem to have gotten the short end of the deal here, with very lack lustre customisations for both. Personally, I love the Zer0 skin and think that Axton's head is pretty awesome too. On the fence about Gaige's; I like it for the comedy aspect but I'm not sure I could look at it for too long (if I was playing co-op with someone who had it).

Just depends how they unlock. I can't say I particularly enjoy Poker, so.. D:

| Retail Games (1000G+): 11 | Retail Games (100%): 7 | Arcade Games (100%): 1 |
| Proudest 100%: Fable II (1350G), Fable III (1000G), Assassin's Creed II (1000G) | Borderlands II (1350G)
| Currently Working On: Dead Rising 3 |
| Achievement Guides: Kinect Sports |

This really needs updating.
A Twisted Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:45 AM   #3
LovecraftsTentacle

DeadShade 84's Gamercard
That's a new Zer0 head as well...seems like he's going to get a skin and head and the others are only getting heads.

Soon to be Boosting Gears of War
LovecraftsTentacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:05 AM   #4
Pir8 Matticus

Pir8 Matticus's Gamercard
The head and skin for Zero are sweet. I love Portal. I wish there were Portal related skins for other characters. Or a unique/legendary/pearescent Portal inspired gun. Just wishful thinking.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #5
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Haha Gunzerker head looks funny!
Old 04-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #6
machonach0

machonach0's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Twisted Smile View Post
Siren and Gunzerker seem to have gotten the short end of the deal here, with very lack lustre customisations for both. Personally, I love the Zer0 skin and think that Axton's head is pretty awesome too. On the fence about Gaige's; I like it for the comedy aspect but I'm not sure I could look at it for too long (if I was playing co-op with someone who had it).

Just depends how they unlock. I can't say I particularly enjoy Poker, so.. D:
You're crazy, gunzerker got the best one. The amazing golden mullet of Brock Samson cannot be beat. Any word on how or when we can get these?
Old 04-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #7
Doktor Wilhelm

Seems like the game is due out on Tuesday 23rd April (as that's when it's released on Steam)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovecraftsTentacle View Post
That's a new Zer0 head as well...seems like he's going to get a skin and head and the others are only getting heads.
Aha, yes so it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by machonach0 View Post
Any word on how or when we can get these?
In the first game at the start of a game a character would sometimes say that they didn't have the money to join in the game and instead offer something of theirs as collateral to pay in, since the items seem to match the characters, this seems likely for this game too.

"Video games don't affect kids. If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Marcus Brigstocke

Last edited by Doktor Wilhelm; 04-09-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #8
Fand3nsOld3mor

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Im guessing there will be even more customizations showing up in the future, with 1 head for each and a skin for one. Siren got hers on the Hammerlock DLC, now Zero gets one. In the future maybe we will see new sets of heads and a skin for one of the three others. Just guessing ofcourse, but it makes sense.

Just hope I dont have to win a poker game to get these. The odds of that happening is about the same as me growing a full beard.

Last edited by Fand3nsOld3mor; 04-09-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Fand3nsOld3mor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:46 PM   #9
Doktor Wilhelm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fand3nsOld3mor View Post
Im guessing there will be even more customizations showing up in the future, with 1 head for each and a skin for one. Siren got hers on the Hammerlock DLC, now Zero gets one. In the future maybe we will see new sets of heads and a skin for one of the three others. Just guessing ofcourse, but it makes sense.

Just hope I dont have to win a poker game to get these. The odds of that happening is about the same as me growing a full beard.
Ah, I forgot about the Siren already having an extra skin!

Yep, If it's anything like the first you'll have to win, I don't know how I managed it in the first game, I didn't (and still don't) have any skills at poker...

Old 04-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #10
Fand3nsOld3mor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktor Wilhelm View Post
Ah, I forgot about the Siren already having an extra skin!

Yep, If it's anything like the first you'll have to win, I don't know how I managed it in the first game, I didn't (and still don't) have any skills at poker...
Oh crap. I dont like to give up before I have even tried, but this time I might just as well. Me and poker are not friends.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:23 AM   #11
Drucifer82

zI Drucifer Iz's Gamercard

According to the Steam page, you have to win at a table with Brock Samson, Claptrap, Ash from Army of Darkness, and Sam from Sam & Max.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/234710/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fand3nsOld3mor View Post
Oh crap. I dont like to give up before I have even tried, but this time I might just as well. Me and poker are not friends.
If it's rewarded as a dupe-able item, I'll dupe them for you. If it's loaded directly into your customization station, well then I can't help. But I'm rather decent at poker, and will probably buy the game just for the skins.
As of 4/28/14 my Borderlands 2 trading post is officially closed. I am no longer boosting, trading, farming, etc on the Xbox360. I am entirely on the Xbox One now. If you want to play Xbox One with me, send a friend request with a message to GT zI Drucifer Iz (those are capital I's).

Last edited by Drucifer82; 04-10-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Drucifer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:58 AM   #12
Fand3nsOld3mor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucifer82 View Post
According to the Steam page, you have to win at a table with Brock Samson, Claptrap, Ash from Army of Darkness, and Sam from Sam & Max.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/234710/

If it's rewarded as a dupe-able item, I'll dupe them for you. If it's loaded directly into your customization station, well then I can't help. But I'm rather decent at poker, and will probably buy the game just for the skins.
Appreciated.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #13
Doktor Wilhelm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucifer82 View Post
Yeah, it seem likely that the heads are put up as collateral by characters: Brock Samson (Gunzerker Head), Claptrap (Siren Head?), Ash from Army of Darkness (Commando Head), and Sam (Mechromancer Head).
But the Assassin head seems to be from GLaDOS?
Then there's the Avatar Awards, which seem to be from Claptrap and GLaDOS?

Old 04-18-2013, 12:27 AM   #14
Doktor Wilhelm

There's a trailer for the unlocks!
Oh, it seems that the items are actually unlocked via completing challenges within the game.
Updated the main post with these details!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCHAPsAxHJA

Also: Moxxi works at the Inventory's Bar?
And it seems that Claptrap may wish to 'interface' with GLaDOS! <3

Old 04-18-2013, 01:46 AM   #15
StayonTarget
Chumps and Chumpettes!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
The Gunzerker one sucks. I'm not interested.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:42 AM   #16
Doktor Wilhelm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
The Gunzerker one sucks. I'm not interested.
I'm guessing it'll only really appeal to fans of The Venture Bros.

I like Zer0's, he looks rather snazzy, thankfully I main an Assassin... Maybe I'll have to change my look from Skinny Darth Vader wannabe (D4rk Expl0rer/Dark Night)...
Axton's head is okay, I guess...
Maya get another shitty head...
Gaige's head is too small, even the real Max's head is bigger than that!

Old 04-18-2013, 06:42 PM   #17
tayboone

tayboone's Gamercard
I am so excited for the Evil Ash head, the portal head and the brock head. I think Maya's is a little lackluster compared to all the others, and Gaige's is just silly and kind of arbitrary; she has another rabbit head.

Also, the avatar items look nice. A necronomicon, bloodwing, glados (i think), a wizard outfit it looks like, and some sort of white sphere. I don't know about anyone else, but I love avatar items and BL skins/heads. :3
tayboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:15 PM   #18
StayonTarget
Chumps and Chumpettes!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktor Wilhelm View Post
I'm guessing it'll only really appeal to fans of The Venture Bros.

I like Zer0's, he looks rather snazzy, thankfully I main an Assassin... Maybe I'll have to change my look from Skinny Darth Vader wannabe (D4rk Expl0rer/Dark Night)...
Axton's head is okay, I guess...
Maya get another shitty head...
Gaige's head is too small, even the real Max's head is bigger than that!
Zero0 is supposed to be a turret from Portal.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #19
Doktor Wilhelm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
Zero0 is supposed to be a turret from Portal.

Yep, that's why I think I shall have to use it, instead of what I am currently using.
Shame they don't have voice packs with the costumes.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #20
FrozenRaptorz
Banned User

FrozenRaptorz's Gamercard
The producers must not like Maya, she keeps getting the short end of the stick. That Assassin skin looks pretty BA. Just more content the season pass doesn't get you, not that I'm worrried because there isn't much to miss out on. But can't win them all.
FrozenRaptorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:59 PM   #21
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Cool! More heads and skins for the reset glitch to take away from me!
Jack Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:52 PM   #22
Doktor Wilhelm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenRaptorz View Post
Just more content the season pass doesn't get you, not that I'm worrried because there isn't much to miss out on.
Though I'm pissed off about DLC being released during the lifetime of the 'season pass', I don't really consider cross game promotional content as the same thing as DLC, because you're not paying for the extras, they are free*!

*With the purchase of another game!

Old 04-24-2013, 12:48 PM   #23
Doktor Wilhelm

I've written a guide about how to unlock the items over on the Poker Night 2 boards (was thinking of also posting it over here, but it seems a bit redundant as there's already this thread), so here's the link to my thread: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=456338

Old 04-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #24
Slaughter XBA
Award Troll

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   5,000 Posts   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
The heads for Zer0 suck IMO. The ones for Salvador are the best!
Slaughter XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:25 AM   #25
zslux

zslux's Gamercard
Playing Poker Night 2 now for 4 hours. I've only unlocked 2 of the 5 skins.. while doing the dashboard to avoid losing your chip stack. to unlock the items for the characters its either randomized or in a select order. For my 2 it was Gunzerker then Axton. (I'll update after I get all the characters). The game is not bad for 800 points and you can get 400 gamerscore easily. It is frustrating to see you go to the flop all in with the better hand and then they have and lose repeatedly. The game is funny and entertaining.. I'd rate 6-7/10. I wanted to update for players thinking of getting this dlc. If anyone else has the game and input please post

zslux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:45 AM   #26
mukla67

Mukla76's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by zslux View Post
Playing Poker Night 2 now for 4 hours. I've only unlocked 2 of the 5 skins.. while doing the dashboard to avoid losing your chip stack. to unlock the items for the characters its either randomized or in a select order. For my 2 it was Gunzerker then Axton. (I'll update after I get all the characters). The game is not bad for 800 points and you can get 400 gamerscore easily. It is frustrating to see you go to the flop all in with the better hand and then they have and lose repeatedly. The game is funny and entertaining.. I'd rate 6-7/10. I wanted to update for players thinking of getting this dlc. If anyone else has the game and input please post
As soon as I get paid I'll be getting it I'm loving the trial as limited as it is but for now until krieg is released I shall be on dead island riptide and active in that forum chat to you guys when kriegs out Nipple salads!!!!!
Old 04-26-2013, 01:28 PM   #27
zslux

zslux's Gamercard
Update: to complete dlc it took between 8-10 hours as projected by the guide. That includes getting all skins and 400/400 achievements.. I feel it was worth it for 800msp. I would still rate it at 6-7/10. Towards the end of the dlc, I realized how easy it was to bluff opponents and take them for 5k apiece with having nothing as a hand. I strongly recommend doing this if you acquire the game. It will make your play-through 6-8 hours instead of the 8-10. if you need advice/help just post here or in the the thread for Poker Night 2... OR message me. GT: zslux
Good Luck all

zslux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:00 PM   #28
LH Cerberus

ll w i k u ll's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Here are the heads from the XBLA game Poker Night

Old 04-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #29
KevmonD

Does anyone know if there will be an unlockable head/skin for Krieg from this game when he comes out?
KevmonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #30
Doktor Wilhelm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevmonD View Post
Does anyone know if there will be an unlockable head/skin for Krieg from this game when he comes out?
It doesn't seem likely (which means he'll have 3 heads less than the original characters and 1 less then Gaige).