PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #1
DarkraiNewmoon

DarkraiNewmoon's Gamercard
Why wasn't Metal Gear Solid included in this pack?

I haven't read up on it, but why isn't the original Metal Gear Solid included in this pack? not even in the PS3 package.
DarkraiNewmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It is. Its on disk one i think.

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #3
DarkraiNewmoon

Nope, only Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2, Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3 & Peace Walker.

It may be because Sony helped develop the first game, but then why isn't it on the PS3 version?

Main Games I'm working on.
Brothers in Arms: HH. 95% 41/43
Dark Souls. 34% 17/41
Halo 3. 96% 75/79
Halo 4. 90% 77/86

ONE: 3 (+DLC 1.)
360: 22 (+DLC 4.)
XBLA: 5 (+DLC 3.)
GFWL: 26 (+DLC 10.)
Win 8: 2

Praise the Sun my Brothers!

Last edited by DarkraiNewmoon; 06-02-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #4
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
When you said the original i though you meant metal gear 1 :P My bad.

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:02 AM   #5
JPEC83

JPEC83's Gamercard
I heard it was because they weren't happy with how it looked in HD or something. When this pack was announced, I was hoping they were going to include it. I have beaten it on Bleemcast! but I still would have liked to see it here. I wonder why they couldn't arrange to have Twin Snakes released.
JPEC83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:23 AM   #6
tysonrss
Banned User

Kill3r0nHold's Gamercard
What the one guy said above is wrong. KP don't mind expanding the games to other platforms now, they announced the new MGS game will be for PC, 360 and PS3(not talking about Rising).

It has to do with the low polygon count and how shameful it'd look in HD. I'm quite happy PW was included instead, that game is fucking fun, especially online. I take that game over MGS1 any day.

Be glad it wasn't released separately like in Japan, where they got MGS instead.
tysonrss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #7
bapae

Shaftamus Prime's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
MGS as an 800 Msp arcade Download would be cool but i doubt that would ever happen 1200 Msp at the highest for me to buy it.

bapae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:38 AM   #8
JPEC83

JPEC83's Gamercard
The idea that MGS is some PlayStation series that cannot be ported anywhere else is stupid. It is like the fanboy nonsense with Final Fantasy.

The Metal Gear games have been all over the place from the start. Just because the most iconic game was on the original PS1 doesn't mean it is tied to that console.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #9
bapae

Shaftamus Prime's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPEC83 View Post
The idea that MGS is some PlayStation series that cannot be ported anywhere else is stupid. It is like the fanboy nonsense with Final Fantasy.

The Metal Gear games have been all over the place from the start. Just because the most iconic game was on the original PS1 doesn't mean it is tied to that console.
I don't think it has much to do with that. More has to do with porting it from PSx the format is much different that its really hard to do.

bapae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #10
CHIRUNO99

chiruno99's Gamercard

You can get Metal Gear Solid on PC. It plays practically the same if you have a joy pad. I wouldn't see it getting HD textures straight away since it's a PSX game, and just adding textures would be odd. It'd need re-working to look like MGS 2 and 3.

I mean yeah a few fans did it with Deus Ex, but that was a few fans.

Damn I'm so depressed.

Last edited by CHIRUNO99; 06-05-2012 at 08:26 PM.
CHIRUNO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:31 AM   #11
Spout4

Spout4's Gamercard
If I remember correctly, it was because due to the low polygons it had or something like that.
Spout4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:06 AM   #12
BP Emo Joe

BP Emo Joe's Gamercard
I haven't really seen a good reason why they didn't include it. It shouldn't have anything to do with Sony because neither Metal Gear nor Solid Snake have ever been the property of Sony. From the beginning, Metal Gear games have been developed by either Konami or Kojima Productions and published by Konami. The only game in the series that stayed PlayStation exclusive was MGS4 (and Portable Ops, but no one cares about Portable Ops). As for Snake being a Sony mascot, obviously not, or he wouldn't have been in Super Smash Brothers Brawl.
They really just should have ported The Twin Snakes. That would have worked fine since it ran on the MGS2 engine already anyway.
One last thing of note: it's probably preferable to call the protagonist of MGS3 "Naked Snake" since calling him Big Boss is technically a spoiler
BP Emo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:29 PM   #13
tysonrss
Banned User

Kill3r0nHold's Gamercard
I'm glad Twin Snakes is looked down upon by Kojima and not included. Not only did the engine make the game easier for noobs, but the cutscenes were so fucking cheesy. That's not how Kojima wanted the game to be like obviously.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:09 PM   #14
JPEC83

JPEC83's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bapae View Post
I don't think it has much to do with that. More has to do with porting it from PSx the format is much different that its really hard to do.
Yeah, I don't think that was the reason at all. I was just responding to people who did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonrss View Post
I'm glad Twin Snakes is looked down upon by Kojima and not included. Not only did the engine make the game easier for noobs, but the cutscenes were so fucking cheesy. That's not how Kojima wanted the game to be like obviously.
If he didn't like Twin Snakes because the cut-scenes were cheesy then why is MGS2 included?

I'd say they didn't use Twin Snakes because Nintendo probably holds the publishing rights.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #15
bigskinner

dA m0tAtAy dArk's Gamercard
Quote:
Yeah, I don't think that was the reason at all. I was just responding to people who did.

If he didn't like Twin Snakes because the cut-scenes were cheesy then why is MGS2 included?

I'd say they didn't use Twin Snakes because Nintendo probably holds the publishing rights.
twin snakes was not the best out of the metal gear solid franchise and i am actually glad that it was not in this pack however though i wish that they had reworked the original mgs game cause i remember playing it on ps1, it rocked like a muthafucka!!

Great point also about making it an arcade game definately worth the 1200ms points or free to original mgs hd collection disc holders would be awesome!!!.................. that will never happen tho so 1200mgs it is!!
bigskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #16
tysonrss
Banned User

Kill3r0nHold's Gamercard
Quote:

That's baloney. If Hideo really wanted to, he would port it because the game is based off of HIS franchise. And the game was published by HIS company.

MGS2s cutscenes aren't as cheesy as Twin Snakes. Snake hoping on missiles, and tossing a grenade into a tank's turret from a few yards back, that's not the Solid Snake I know of. And I'm sure Kojima feels that way too.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #17
JPEC83

JPEC83's Gamercard
Quote:
That's baloney. If Hideo really wanted to, he would port it because the game is based off of HIS franchise. And the game was published by HIS company.

MGS2s cutscenes aren't as cheesy as Twin Snakes. Snake hoping on missiles, and tossing a grenade into a tank's turret from a few yards back, that's not the Solid Snake I know of. And I'm sure Kojima feels that way too.
OK, so I checked and Konami did publish it. Nonetheless, it was with Nintendo and they tend to have tight contracts (one reason why we haven't seen GoldenEye on XBLA). But I'll just assume Konami could have included it and chose not to.

If you don't think MGS2 is cheesy well I don't really know how to argue with that. You've actually got me thinking that the original PS1 game is cheesy too now. Actually three and four are too.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:29 PM   #18
tysonrss
Banned User

Kill3r0nHold's Gamercard
Point me to at least 3 cutscenes from 2 and 3(haven't played 4 yet)that are as cheesy as Solid Snake hoping on missles and running on walls and other nonsense that Twin Snakes exagguated.

You say that "I got you thinking that MGS1 is cheesy too".

That's sad, you skipped that one and played Twin Snakes. No wonder you like that one so much, kids in their graphics these days.

The only thing Twin Snakes has on the first game is the graphics. The voice acting was just horrible and exaggerated. MGS1 did it perfectly. Considering it was the first game to have complete VAs.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:09 PM   #19
dwayne_hicks

Dwayne Hicks's Gamercard
Why is Snake hoping on missles? Are they headed to places he doesn't like?

Or does he hate his life so much he wants to be blown up ?

Need help with a game ?
If I still own it, I'll be glad to help, just message me and I'll try to work it out.
dwayne_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #20
tysonrss
Banned User

Kill3r0nHold's Gamercard
I think it was when Rex shot a missile at him or the tank. Don't remember. Either way, it's stupid. Not once have I seen any of the "hero" character's do something that's non-human, besides cyborg Raiden. Or any character with enhancements.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #21
JPEC83

JPEC83's Gamercard
Quote:
Point me to at least 3 cutscenes from 2 and 3(haven't played 4 yet)that are as cheesy as Solid Snake hoping on missles and running on walls and other nonsense that Twin Snakes exagguated.

You say that "I got you thinking that MGS1 is cheesy too".

That's sad, you skipped that one and played Twin Snakes. No wonder you like that one so much, kids in their graphics these days.

The only thing Twin Snakes has on the first game is the graphics. The voice acting was just horrible and exaggerated. MGS1 did it perfectly. Considering it was the first game to have complete VAs.
Again, I can't really argue with you. I'll assume anything I do say will just "not count" somehow. And I have only played the original MGS all the way through. Didn't play past the tank on TS, didn't enjoy it.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:17 AM   #22
He-Man

HeMan Rules You's Gamercard
It should be pretty obvious why the PSX version wasn't included. It would look like crap, especially in HD.

Sure, you can get away with making HD ports of the PS2/Gamecube/Xbox games because many of them still look pretty good. N64/PSX, not so much.
He-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #23
Kaiyo

KaiyoOrganiz000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Lol... Maybe they just lazy.
Kaiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #24
ShazamFTW

ShazamFTW's Gamercard
Still makes me sad it's not on here, or available. As I've slowly degenerated to playing games and thinking "This doesn't unlock achievements...", then not playing those games, I'd love to have Twin Snakes for 360.

It was a quick game ignoring the cutscenes, and you could get major bad ass at it in a short time.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:48 PM   #25
krphilabaum

bongoband's Gamercard
Kojima claims he hasn't a real reason to go back to remake MGS, as a creator I can see his point. He did what he did based on the technology of the time. Keep the original storyline and use current technology to remake the game. Thats why I've decided to do a fan remake myself using Unreal engine. Anyone interested in helping message me.
krphilabaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:10 AM   #26
ROESARUGETCHU

ROEBOTRON's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkraiNewmoon View Post
I haven't read up on it, but why isn't the original Metal Gear Solid included in this pack? not even in the PS3 package.
It doesn't matter tbh, it's on the Playstation Network in the psone classics section. I believe that they give you a download voucher for it, if you bought the limited version of the game on PS3.
ROESARUGETCHU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:40 AM   #27
d0ct0rscarecr0w

d0ct0rscarecr0w's Gamercard

I can't believe no one in here figured it out... you CAN'T port the original MGS to ANY current console.

The boss fight with Psycho Mantis requires the player to move the controller to a different port. Please explain to my exactly how you would go about doing so in the current generation of consoles.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:57 PM   #28
DarkraiNewmoon

It was ported to a current gen console, if was released on PSN for 7.99. So it can be downloaded onto the PS3, PSP & Vita.

Main Games I'm working on.
Brothers in Arms: HH. 95% 41/43
Dark Souls. 34% 17/41
Halo 3. 96% 75/79
Halo 4. 90% 77/86

ONE: 3 (+DLC 1.)
360: 22 (+DLC 4.)
XBLA: 5 (+DLC 3.)
GFWL: 26 (+DLC 10.)
Win 8: 2

Praise the Sun my Brothers!