Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Defiance
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #1
MyRifleIsBroken

Sphinx OG's Gamercard
Defiance bitching Thread

Since most games have this i figured we should have one too

Ok guys so WTF is with the weapon scaling, Im Ego Rating 500 and still using an LMG with Rating 119 as i found nothing better this includes the contents of a minimum of 8 tier 3 and 4 lockboxes
MyRifleIsBroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #2
FSparacino4

im boomheadshot's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRifleIsBroken View Post
Since most games have this i figured we should have one too

Ok guys so WTF is with the weapon scaling, Im Ego Rating 500 and still using an LMG with Rating 119 as i found nothing better this includes the contents of a minimum of 8 tier 3 and 4 lockboxes
I'm not quite sure why some weapons dont even have an EGO rating attached to them? Secondly, it seems legendary weapons are extremely rare and I never remember looting one, BUT i have a legendary shotgun (EGO rating 104). Only thing I can think of is I came in 1st on the two minor arkfalls I did. Not sure if these ever award weapons though.
FSparacino4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:04 PM   #3
MyRifleIsBroken

Sphinx OG's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSparacino4 View Post
I'm not quite sure why some weapons dont even have an EGO rating attached to them? Secondly, it seems legendary weapons are extremely rare and I never remember looting one, BUT i have a legendary shotgun (EGO rating 104). Only thing I can think of is I came in 1st on the two minor arkfalls I did. Not sure if these ever award weapons though.
Firstly the ones without ratings are from some quest rewards, do you have the achievement for finding a legendary item? If not then it came from a lockbox as thats where mine came from and no achievement for me, must be properly looted
Old 04-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #4
dontgoeasyonme

Dontgoeasyonme's Gamercard
I have a spare LMG that does 404 DMG you can have if you want to trade for resources? I have 2 of them lol. I get great weapons from Arkfalks and on missions
Old 04-04-2013, 01:41 PM   #5
MyRifleIsBroken

Sphinx OG's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontgoeasyonme View Post
I have a spare LMG that does 404 DMG you can have if you want to trade for resources? I have 2 of them lol. I get great weapons from Arkfalks and on missions
Mine does slightly more, Mine is 416 dmg with 111 clip cos of mods i added.

Im curious though, what level is yours since this is kinda low
Old 04-04-2013, 01:46 PM   #6
Purple Hooter
Banned User

Purple Hooter's Gamercard
Lag. Lag. Lag. Lag. Lag. Lag. Lag. during arkfalls.
Purple Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #7
MyRifleIsBroken

Sphinx OG's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Hooter View Post
Lag. Lag. Lag. Lag. Lag. Lag. Lag. during arkfalls.
I second this, im ok with minor ones but major ones are just awful, i honestly dont see how they can fix this either as it purely down to there being too many people in 1 place shooting
Old 04-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #8
Purple Hooter
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRifleIsBroken View Post
I second this, im ok with minor ones but major ones are just awful, i honestly dont see how they can fix this either as it purely down to there being too many people in 1 place shooting
It will get fixed, eventually. The game is 2 days old and Trion has done a good job so far of taking care of issues. I figure the game will be in proper working form within a week or two.

I have plenty of other things to hold me over until then. I just want to have a solid grasp on how to play an MMO before Dead Island Riptide is released; once that happens, my gaming time will be dedicated to that.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #9
Sqeagy

SQEAGY 4 LIFE's Gamercard
How do you know if it's a major arkfall? Is it the ones where there are five ark falls in one area? Cause I've done two of those and haven't gotten any rewards.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #10
DarnedCargo

DarnedCargo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqeagy View Post
How do you know if it's a major arkfall? Is it the ones where there are five ark falls in one area? Cause I've done two of those and haven't gotten any rewards.
Yeah on the map you have a big red circle and five small arkfalls inside it. Once they are all complete i believe there is a final one which has the big red worm tower thing and once that one's complete you'll be rewarded and it will tell you what you got and your stats

Edit: I don't think you get an item like loot but you will gain a set amount of xp, script and so.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #11
Purple Hooter
Banned User

I'm so pumped to get home from work and play this for a few hours! I havent been this giddy to play a game in some time now.

Bad news: It's only 10:22 am EST. Have to be in my office until 4pm
Old 04-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #12
Sqeagy

Ah. Thanks.

So, I'm having an issue with the quest Old Friends, Old (insert word I don't remember). It tells me to enter the guy's garage and whene I do nothing happens. Besides the lag, this is the only thing that stops me from continuing the game.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #13
DarnedCargo

DarnedCargo's Gamercard
Quote:
Ah. Thanks.

So, I'm having an issue with the quest Old Friends, Old (insert word I don't remember). It tells me to enter the guy's garage and whene I do nothing happens. Besides the lag, this is the only thing that stops me from continuing the game.
I've had several similar issues when doing a quests that required me to turn on some beacons and generators. The only thing that i noticed was it always happened when there was someone elso on the same quest but a fews steps ahead of me. Like i turned up to one beacon and there wasn't an enemy in sight and the game would not let me turn the beacon on until it had loaded in some enemies for me to kill. I had to leave the yellow area for them to spawn.

When this kind of thing happens i just fill out one of those feedback forms and hope someone reads it and deals with it the best they can.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #14
Sir Ciety

Send a message via Skype™ to Sir Ciety

Sir Ciety's Gamercard
One thing that I've found annoying so far is the lack of location names on the map.

I was trying to do the Truth behind Tranquility pursuit last night I can't remember where any of the locations for the intel are
Sir Ciety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #15
Giltec

Giltec's Gamercard
I agree with Sir Ciety on the lack of place names on the map. It makes remembering where things/places are quite a skill at times, particularly for things like finding the data recorders.

My other bug bear is when the game forces you to go single player on a number of main missions and the episode missions. Why advertise as a MMO with 2 -10000+ players for co-op and then force you to split up?
Giltec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #16
toxincram

toxincram's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giltec View Post
I agree with Sir Ciety on the lack of place names on the map. It makes remembering where things/places are quite a skill at times, particularly for things like finding the data recorders.

My other bug bear is when the game forces you to go single player on a number of main missions and the episode missions. Why advertise as a MMO with 2 -10000+ players for co-op and then force you to split up?
This.... ^^^ Ive had to leave poor old Giltec along to fend for himself a few times as stupid quests make you go solo :-(
toxincram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #17
Sqeagy

Just wondering, did anyone here make a group for NA players? Cause I'm tired of doing some missions by myself. Those damn 99ers are the worst.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #18
DarnedCargo

DarnedCargo's Gamercard
Quote:
Just wondering, did anyone here make a group for NA players? Cause I'm tired of doing some missions by myself. Those damn 99ers are the worst.
Yep go to the social group
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...hp?groupid=936
Old 04-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #19
Sir Ciety

Send a message via Skype™ to Sir Ciety

Sir Ciety's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giltec View Post
I imagine this is to stop people earlier in the game from playing missions they havn't already unlocked themselves
Sir Ciety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #20
Sqeagy

Just Killed a Hellbug Hellion with like 50 other people, 5 minutes later in the middle of a side mission I lagged out. Dang it.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #21
xCGIx PUNISHER

xpunskis's Gamercard

I don't like the collecting the recordings bullshit. In a world this big those things are damn near impossible to find. So that makes it almost impossible to finish the area-related pursuits until somebody comes out with a guide.

Oh and the lag.
xCGIx PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #22
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCGIx PUNISHER View Post
I don't like the collecting the recordings bullshit. In a world this big those things are damn near impossible to find. So that makes it almost impossible to finish the area-related pursuits until somebody comes out with a guide.

Oh and the lag.
I remember seeing a picture of the map during beta and someone marked all the locations of the recording. It's in one of the old threads.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:55 PM   #23
GreenRook

GreenRook88's Gamercard
Servers always down!!
GreenRook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:04 PM   #24
Mandalorian831

Mandalorian831's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenRook View Post
Servers always down!!
This exactly. I haven't been able to play at all since 1 or 2PM yesterday.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #25
Sqeagy

I was on for most of yesterday and today.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:16 PM   #26
Phantomsiren

PhantomSiren's Gamercard
The biggest issue I have with all the downtime is that I spent bits (real money) to acquire double xp boosts that only last 24 hours and the server has been down for over half that within the last day. Trion should acknowledge there are issues and at least hook everyone up with 500-1000 bits or 24-48 hour double xp/script. I don't think that is asking a lot but what do I know :
Old 04-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #27
tkhbecker

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Lag hasnt been too much of an issue. Me and my son expierienced the "glitch" of achievements not unlocking in the co-op map. Then he was on a main story mission that wouldnt complete.

Since then IF I fast travel to a location I see no purple dots (other players) on screen. I cannot summon my vehicle. I activate no bound point. and I cannot accept missions. IF I transport to a friend I have to physically travel to anything Id like to start mission wise.

Now the big kick in the nuts. I was EGO 299 and just completed Act 3. My Characters are GONE. I have logged out correctly everytime Ive exited the game. Gone to main menu and then dashboarded. I have waited over 2 hrs logging in and off and nothing.

I started a new character with no problems so far. Only thing Im really pissed off is the 2 lock boxes, preordering from Gamestop and Ultimate ed, I can no longer redeem. Everthing from the Arkhunter training is there.

Pixels
tkhbecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #28
a hippyslayer

xThe LArchitect's Gamercard
Im finding the Time Trials to be ridiculous. I was getting Silver on them before I even knew there was a Boost button! But even with that I have crossed the finish line at gold time and the lag adds a second to it. Or when I try to restart, the countdown will begin and Im not even on a goddam vehicle. You know its hard when the leaderboard is topped by people only 1 second under gold time.

And I cant wait to see the ridiculous lag this Friday night...

Currently Playing:
Dark Souls (Windows Live), El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron, Battlefield 4 (X1), Ruse, a grip of Windows Phone Games and Windows 8 games

No worries I'm not an Xbox Live rock star. Send friend requests and messages as you will and I will respond. You're playing video games, you're not busy curing cancer.

Last edited by a hippyslayer; 04-04-2013 at 06:27 PM.
a hippyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #29
xCGIx PUNISHER

xpunskis's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxJUSTINxx View Post
I remember seeing a picture of the map during beta and someone marked all the locations of the recording. It's in one of the old threads.
Yeah but that was probably just for Mount Tam. I have the recordings for that and Madera because someone published a guide for those, but not the other two (and obviously not San Francisco).
xCGIx PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #30
flinttown420

flinttown420's Gamercard
Yea i hear you guys when it comes to the weapons. Im still using the LMG that my character came with in the first place. Havnt found anything better.
flinttown420 is offline   Reply With Quote