PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-10-2007, 01:09 AM   #31
jambell

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbam87 View Post
With the achievement for three of a kind do they have to be stealth or can they be just running up a killing people?
There're no stealth requirements. I just flashbanged a group of enemies and ran in knife a-swingin'.
jambell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 04:16 AM   #32
roy1751

roy1751's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrex View Post
Deep and Hard 90gp
Complete the Game on Hardened or Veteran Difficulty

Here are some tips that may help
Add link to the veteran tips thread?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=44006
Old 11-10-2007, 05:26 AM   #33
jorGe62990
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to jorGe62990

jorGe62990's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
guys i have a question about the TV achievement...is it correct that there is only one TV in the blackout mission with all others in the Charlie Don't Surf Mission? Does it have to be done on a certain difficulty or order??
jorGe62990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 08:00 AM   #34
JC

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   x360a Book Club   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorGe62990 View Post
guys i have a question about the TV achievement...is it correct that there is only one TV in the blackout mission with all others in the Charlie Don't Surf Mission? Does it have to be done on a certain difficulty or order??
I was wondering this as well?
can you replay blackout then replay charlie don't surf on recruit and still get it?
JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 09:20 AM   #35
pongsifu

pongsifu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I used level select, chose Charlie Don't Surf on recruit and got the achievement.

Games Completed: 11

pongsifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 09:28 AM   #36
mrtreats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrex View Post
Down Boy Down 20gp
Survive a Dog Attack

This is done on Hunted you need to go hide behind one of the water towers so that you make sure that the Dogs attack you, when he is about to bite you you need to click the right thumb stick and Soap will reach up and Snap the Dogs Neck

Just wanna lt ya know thats not a water tower but a sillo
mrtreats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 09:38 AM   #37
AbOuT27nInJaS

AbOuT28nInJaS's Gamercard
Three of a Kind 10gp
Kill 3 enemies in a row with your knife in the single player campaign

I'm sure I've done this many times now but i still haven't got this achievement. Do you have to actually kill them on the ground 3 times in a row to get this?
Old 11-10-2007, 09:45 AM   #38
pongsifu

pongsifu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbOuT27nInJaS View Post
Three of a Kind 10gp

I'm sure I've done this many times now but i still haven't got this achievement. Do you have to actually kill them on the ground 3 times in a row to get this?
First level, repel down from the chopper, kill the 3 guys in the bridge. The door gets kicked in, run down the stairs and stab the drunk guy then stab the two sleeping guys in the next room.

Games Completed: 11

pongsifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 09:45 AM   #39
B1indSide

B1indSide's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbOuT27nInJaS View Post
Three of a Kind 10gp

They don't have to be on the ground, you just have to kill three guys in quick succession with the knife. Don't use your gun in between or it resets. I did it on the first level with the cargo ship in the tunnel with the pipes, I just ran to them and stab them all. Someone else mention getting the drunk guy and two guys sleeping on the same level.
B1indSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 10:05 AM   #40
B1indSide

B1indSide's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorGe62990 View Post

just replay "Charlie Don't Surf" on recruit, get the four TVs before the TV Station. 2 in the first building in the basement, and 1 on upper outside level in the right corner BEFORE the crossing the road with the gunner in the truck in the other side. And then 1 there on the right side upper level by the gunner in the truck.

Now the TV station is so easy to miss one. I had to play it three times and each time I found one I had missed. Like as soon as you enter the station, there is 1 in front in the top left corner which is easy but there's also one directly behind you on the wall where the door you just came in from is. I had missed that one.

Then in the big room with all the TVs, just go to every desk and shoot everything. There is even a desk with a TV facing the wall as soon as you walk in, right beside the door you entered through to the left. And then check every corner up high for hanging TVs. Shoot every TV in the 4 large multi tv displays. And check all the little side rooms. Once leaving this room there is ONE in the upstairs room with the fridge and windows with guys shooting at you from the parking lot. And then in the final room I believe there are 5 or 6. You have to get them all QUICKLY before the screen fades to black. a couple in the room, a couple along the left wall, and don't forget the one in the middle of the room by the video camera.

That's the best help I can give you. Just take as long as possible before getting to the last room. Check, re-check and then check again. You'll be surprised to find you missed one, I guarantee it. I even threw grenades in the upstairs windows in the large room just in case. Also, I DIDN'T die, that might have something to do with it. One time I did die, the tvs came back, so who knows how many others from earlier in the level did.

Rule of thumb, If you can hear the speech then there is a tv somewhere. The only time this doesn't apply is twice in the TV Station. In the first large room with all the large computer screens hanging on the left wall that you can't shoot, there is a speaker and the speech is playing through it.
And then in the main room with most TVs if you stand by the glowing wall map on the left wall you can also hear the speech. Might be because the speaker and computer monitors are on the other side of the wall.

Okay, that's all I got. Hope this helps.
B1indSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 04:42 PM   #41
zI HURRIC4N3 Iz

G R A 7V G E R's Gamercard
Cheers mate.
zI HURRIC4N3 Iz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 04:47 PM   #42
jorGe62990
Banned User

jorGe62990's Gamercard

thanks for the tips blinside...will try today
Old 11-10-2007, 07:37 PM   #43
xIIlucidianIIx

Send a message via AIM to xIIlucidianIIx Send a message via MSN to xIIlucidianIIx Send a message via Yahoo to xIIlucidianIIx Send a message via Skype™ to xIIlucidianIIx

xii razer iix's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
"Charlie Don't Surf" on veteran took me an incredible amount of time, especially in the TV station. After a few tries I found a trick to make things easier. Make sure you get the druganov at the beginning of the level. As soon as you get to the center room, grab the shotty instead of your second weapon (keep the sniper) and just book it to the right following the wall. Enter the hallway on the opposite hall and go around the corner to safety. (This is easier said than done, as soon as you see red on your screen from a hit, go pron behind a desk and wait a second. Have the shotgun out to unload on anyone coming around the corners.) Once you are in the hall, pullout your niper and go prone, crawl slowlyaround the corner and snipe untill your team gets to you. If anyone tries to attack you, get behind the wall and wait. If they come towards you, switch to your shotgun or knife them as they come around the corner. By being in that hall, you are keeping a majority of the enemies from spawning while your team makes their way to you. Once they get in the hall with you, your commander (or whatever he is) will tell you its clear. Now you can go destroy all the TV's or just continue on.
It may take a try or two, but it worked for me. My first million tries I stayed near the room entrance and tried to snipe (forgetting that they keep spawning) or tried to go through the series of rooms in front of me. That definitely didn't work.
Hopefully this helps.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:09 PM   #44
Overlord Saxon

ApocalypseToast's Gamercard
I've read every mile high walkthrough I could found and all of them are possible. After trying each I think this must be the easiest way. Make sure you wip out your sidearm when you need to reload your MP5. From what I've noticed playing this level is:
1) Your squad cannot be killed. Not just the one that takes the hostage with him. None of them can die.
2) Obvious, you must use flashbangs to finish this level on veteran.\
3)SWITCH TO YOUR PISTOLE!

Soon as it starts, start sprinting. You can choose to knife the guy in the bathroom if you wish but half the time he will either kill you or cause enough damage so that another round will take you out. Sprint into the room with the table and the sort of curved wall. Gun down the guy in the doorway and toss a flash ALL THE WAY into the wall in front of you. I can't stress this enough. It seems the stomach high seats are big enough to block a flash. If you trow it all the way to the wall, the 4-5 soilders incoming will get flashed as well as the two camping the doorway. NOW DONT GET FUSTRATED! THIS IS THE HARDEST PART OF THE WHOLE LEVEL. IT WILL GET INCREDIBLY EASY IF YOU MANAGE TO GET PAST IT! When all of them are hanging over rubbing their eyes and such, sprint by them to the doorway. Take them out if some are in your way but be careful, bullets can cancle blindness somehow. Turn right in the doorway and kife the guy in the way. Sprint into the next room and throw a flash. Aim the grenade between the wooden thing and the seats. On the right youll see a seat and part of the wall heading inwards. Here's the only break I used. Reload both your weapons. In the meantime, your squad will have wiped up the previous room and started into this one. Once your guns are stacked and any redness around your tv has cleared, move up to the seats around the corner and prone there. This will cause guys to run down the stairs but your squad will take em out easy. Run up the stairs, take the left staircase and kill the confused, maybe panacking hi-jacker. Now run into the center, staying at the back of the room, behind the seats. Peak out the left side and shoot up the wall. There's two guys behind it, one on the left and one on the right. Run into next room, toss a flash down the hall. I'm assuming you reloaded at least once since you left the seats as it is my habit to do so. Peak into the hall you just flashed and take out 2-3 guys out of the 6-7 that our in there. Toss your last flash in the same place and reaload. Sprint in killing all in front of you. Remeber, if your like me you have about 8 seconds left and the res of your squads will take care of your left overs. Switch to your pistole if you must. Knife the last guy and approach the double doors. NOW DONT SHOOT HIS LEG. Apparently you aren't a hero if you shoot his leg. Since your in slow mo, pay attention to the head of the hostage taker. He will shift to the left and is your best chance to get him. Congrats! You beat mile high and will never have to play it again.
Overlord Saxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 10:44 PM   #45
Astalder

Astaldar's Gamercard
Mile High Club:

My god this thing's hard, I kinda used the board strategy with a bit of a twist, here it is.

1) Sprint to bathroom, knife.

2) Spring to right hall, duck, shoot, flash, strafe fire right to left while moving to seats on right. Reload.

3) Move up firing, go right, get behind the seats. Reload. Flash bang. Sprint to wooden table and go prone.

4) Follow guys through the room up the stairs, go left. Zoom in and fire down the hall as you reach the top of the stairs.

5) Strafe left behind the seats and to the left side of the room while you reload. Move through the room firing into the wooden paneling in the center to clear the next room out.

6) Move up to the wooden bar with the additional flashbangs while you're reloading. Flash the next room/hallway.

7) Move in shooting, throwing flashbangs, sprinting when you run out of ammo for the finish. This part is a mixed bag for me personally, I could get to this hall systematically but getting past it was mostly luck and spray and pray.

Last edited by Astalder; 11-10-2007 at 10:46 PM.
Astalder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 11:29 PM   #46
jorGe62990
Banned User

jorGe62990's Gamercard

yeah i just got the mile high achievement tonight and wheeww am i glad its over with...i gotta agree with you guys in that the first part is the hardest by far...i actually didn't throw a single flash bang until i went into the second room (i went flash bang bizerk upstairs)...as long as you can take care of that first room within 27-28 seconds or less your in pretty good shape...upstairs is easier cause you can mow them down in a line most of the time...i threw flash bangs constantly at the very end so i could just sprint half the way upstairs...goodluck and don't give up...i tried at least 30 times and was bright red in the face with anger but i eventually came through
Old 11-10-2007, 11:35 PM   #47
Blind x360a

Send a message via AIM to Blind x360a

Blind Ragee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Tournament - Second Place   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
In the mission "Ghillies in the Mist" the guy I am supposed to follow says our cover is blown then runs away. Is that supposed to happen and is the achievement still ok?
Old 11-10-2007, 11:39 PM   #48
jorGe62990
Banned User

jorGe62990's Gamercard

no you do not get the achievement for staying hidden obviously...just follow his every move, when he gives you the option of killing someone or letting them pass, ALWAYS let the enemy pass...just stay up his ass the entire time and you will do fine...its really easy...the only time where i kinda separate from him was when your in the field and you have to squeeze yourself around the tanks and troops walking around you...if you stay with him there (which i did in the beginning) you will get caught...stay off to the left and you will only have to wiggle around maybe 1 or 2 soldiers
Old 11-10-2007, 11:45 PM   #49
Blind x360a

Blind Ragee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Tournament - Second Place   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver
Yea that I got by the part now. I kept messing up and getting mad. I liked when they just walked by you, I wanted to shoot one so bad.

Thanks Jorge.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:46 PM   #50
Astalder

Astaldar's Gamercard
You don't have to let the enemies past to get the achievement, I killed everyone he gave me the option to kill to make darn sure they didn't spot me when we walk by. Just don't miss.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:55 PM   #51
jorGe62990
Banned User

jorGe62990's Gamercard

yeah that is a option but if you barely fire a bullet until he tells you to and just follow right behind him, you really guaranteeing yourself the achievement...one section where the soldiers are dumping the bodies in the water, there is an option but every time i shoot them quietly i suddenly get caught..??? I think at that part you HAVE to let them pass without shooting
Old 11-10-2007, 11:57 PM   #52
Astalder

Astaldar's Gamercard
You can't just fire at will on the two guys offloading the bodies. You have to kill the other two first, then the Capt will tell you to let him get in position. When he gives you the go you shoot one offloader in the head, he autoshoots the other.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:57 PM   #53
Blind x360a

Blind Ragee's Gamercard

No, you shoot the guy that isn't dumping bodies. Then he tells you that you gotta take the other two out at the same time. I am having a hard time hitting Zakarev or w/e. It seems like my bullet misses by a centimeter each time.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:02 AM   #54
jorGe62990
Banned User

jorGe62990's Gamercard

whatever I decided to let them keep their lives by sneaking around them ...the sniping part is awesome...just wait for a moment when he is paused for about 2-3 seconds because it takes about a second for the bullet to get to him, and also pay attention to the flag on his car so that when its blowing towards you to fire
Old 11-11-2007, 03:17 AM   #55
MagnetixSQL

Send a message via MSN to MagnetixSQL

MagnetixSQL's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Is anyone having trouble getting the Down Boy Achievement? I keep clicking the right stick each time it comes up on the screen but the dog still kills me....any suggestions?

Retired Gamer Score Whore!
MagnetixSQL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 03:30 AM   #56
jorGe62990
Banned User

jorGe62990's Gamercard

i had trouble with this too...it says to wait until the dog goes to bite you and then you click RS...i dunno i got it luckily by just randomly tapping it
Old 11-11-2007, 04:15 AM   #57
fire1811

Send a message via AIM to fire1811 Send a message via MSN to fire1811 Send a message via Yahoo to fire1811

Smelly Inferno's Gamercard
took me a while to time right also. It seems that you need to push the RS right before it tells you on screen to push it. I tried waiting till it showed and it was always to late.
fire1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 04:48 AM   #58
wstussyb

wstussyb's Gamercard
Damn...now I know why my 3 knife kills and 4 headshots were not unlocking...as I was taking my sweet time. Anyone know how much time you need in between each kill?
Old 11-11-2007, 04:52 AM   #59
fire1811

Send a message via AIM to fire1811 Send a message via MSN to fire1811 Send a message via Yahoo to fire1811

Smelly Inferno's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstussyb View Post
Damn...now I know why my 3 knife kills and 4 headshots were not unlocking...as I was taking my sweet time. Anyone know how much time you need in between each kill?
Pretty quickly. I dont think the headshots have to be 4 shots in a row either. I got mine inside the TV station on accident. 4 guys came out of the stairs and I unloaded on them with full auto and it unlocked. I know more than 4 shots were fired.
fire1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:19 AM   #60
jorGe62990
Banned User

jorGe62990's Gamercard

i think another easy way to get the headshot achievement is near the beginning of "blackout" where you are at the sniping post