Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > L.A. Noire
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-25-2012, 08:05 AM   #1
stook

Stook85's Gamercard
Save Game Problems - Complete Edition

iīve have played la noire until i have 100% (main Game).
now i have bought the Complete Edition and my save Game doensīt work. The consequence of that is, that i have to play the game again, so that i can play the DLCīs. thatīs very frustrating in my opionion, althought that the game is very nice. or is it a bug? does anybody have the same problem?
stook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:07 AM   #2
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Regular game saves are not compatible with the Complete Edition. It's not a bug per se, but it is unfortunate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #3
PatGet

patget's Gamercard
Had the same issue but had to replay anyway to get the 5 Stars...
PatGet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:40 PM   #4
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Yeah, I thought I was being really clever when I picked up a used copy of the Complete Edition from GameStop. I figured I'd play the 2 DLC I hadn't yet, get the achievements and take it back before the 7-day window expired and get my money back. Free cheevos, essentially.

But then it wouldn't read my existing save. Frustrated I went online and found out that not only does the Complete Edition not recognize save games from the regular edition, but there have been cases where the presence of a regular edition save will prevent the Complete Edition from saving properly. So I was forced to remove my old save.

Then I found out that they integrated the DLC cases into the storyline where they were supposed to fall in the story. Unfortunately, the only two DLC I hadn't played yet were "Reefer Madness" and "Nicholson's Electroplating" the latter of which is now the second to last case in the goddamn game.

So I was forced to play it again pretty all the way through to get the last 10 achievements and 200G. It did nothing change my opinion that this is a terrible "game", either.
Jack Frost is offline   Reply With Quote