Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Far Cry 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-03-2013, 08:04 AM   #1
a hippyslayer

xThe LArchitect's Gamercard
Going Back to FC2?

This is the first Far Cry I have played and I'm enjoying it. Just want some opinions on whether this game makes FC2 too dated to enjoy or is it a pretty good game in its own right?

HA! Never mind. Just looked looked through FC2's achievement list and if its servers are even still open there's no way I am putting that kind of time into it. So lets say how does game just from an enjoyment factor play as compared to FC3?

Currently Playing:
Dark Souls (Windows Live), El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron, Battlefield 4 (X1), Ruse, a grip of Windows Phone Games and Windows 8 games

No worries I'm not an Xbox Live rock star. Send friend requests and messages as you will and I will respond. You're playing video games, you're not busy curing cancer.

Last edited by a hippyslayer; 02-03-2013 at 08:07 AM.
a hippyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:37 AM   #2
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I have 10G on FC2, nuff said. It could of been something special, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:18 AM   #3
SHMEEDIDDY

SHMEEDIDDY's Gamercard
I just completed Far Cry 2. Took me a month to 100% complete, best option is for the 100% is, Derank to 30, and then work your way to Souldier of Mistfortune and then the other levels while boosting weapons! I did lvl 1-20 derank than souldier of mistfortune. Single player took me a week to 100% campaign, and 2-3 weeks to boost MP!
SHMEEDIDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #4
Purple Hooter
Banned User

Purple Hooter's Gamercard
Dont waste your time, it is a steaming pile of poop.
Purple Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #5
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Far cry 2 is a very good game. But FC3 Is much much better. I would recommend giving it a try tho.

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #6
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I still have FC 1 and 2 and played FC 3 one day and sold it. I'm just not into RPGs.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:14 AM   #7
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain View Post
I still have FC 1 and 2 and played FC 3 one day and sold it. I'm just not into good games.
Fixed for accuracy.

Far Cry 2 is a huge steaming pile of shit, plain and simple. Avoid it at all costs.

Thanks to the great Cpt Slaughter for the VGCE Show Logo!

JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:30 AM   #8
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyVersion1 View Post
Fixed for accuracy.

Far Cry 2 is a huge steaming pile of shit, plain and simple. Avoid it at all costs.
He keeps telling everyone this is an RPG and it's horrible but he loves Skyrim, it doesn't make any sense to me. I think he got scared off by the tutorial and gave up. It's irritating to read people trash a game and not know what they're talking about. This was easily one of the top games of last year, I don't think I've seen anyone who's played it disagree. I enjoyed the massively flawed Far Cry 2 personally, but you'd never catch me playing it a second time and there's nobody who liked that game that would argue Far Cry 3 isn't a huge improvement. Oh and again, it's not a fucking role-playing-game.

Last edited by WalterWhite; 02-19-2013 at 03:47 AM.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:33 AM   #9
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
He keeps telling everyone this is an RPG and it's horrible but he loves Skyrim, it doesn't make any sense to me. I think he got scared off by the tutorial and gave up. It's irritating to read people trash a game and not know what they're talking about. This was easily one of the top games of last year, I don't think I've seen anyone who's played it disagree. I enjoyed the massively flawed Far Cry 2 personally, but you'd never catch me playing it a second time and there's nobody who liked that game that would argue Far Cry 3 isn't a huge improvement. Oh and again, it's not a fucking role-playing-game.
Yeah I've noticed him constantly saying it's an RPG too, I chaulk that up to him being an ignoramus. Also, for someone who didn't like the game he's quick to post in it's area of the forum. I can understand if he didn't like it, but to call it an RPG, when it's not, meanwhile talking about how great Skyrim is makes my fucking head explode.

Thanks to the great Cpt Slaughter for the VGCE Show Logo!

JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:40 PM   #10
ShOcKsTa

DMG Messiah's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain View Post
I still have FC 1 and 2 and played FC 3 one day and sold it. I'm just not into RPGs.
I usually agree with most of what you say, but this couldn't be any further off the mark..

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/@shocksta360
ShOcKsTa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #11
Falchion17

Falchion17's Gamercard
It's not a bad game at all, it's really fun to complete the story so don't worry about the haters. There are some aspects that are a pain like how guards respawn from outposts as soon as you leave the area so traveling around Africa can be a pain, but that hardly diminishes from the game as a whole. If possible play it on PC and download Dylan's mod because that fixes many people's gripes about the game and makes it a lot of fun.

Falchion17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:52 PM   #12
HoliestEd

HoliestEd's Gamercard
I just couldn't get into Far Cry 2 at all. It had a lot of promise - godd story and villain but some of the games mechanics were just a pain in the backside.
HoliestEd is offline   Reply With Quote