PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Battlefield 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-04-2013, 11:41 PM   #1
theGamerPad

BF3 & Older Battlefield Online Group - Plus Other 360 Games

I’ve recently tried to play some “older” games online and have found that there isn’t much of a community for some of them. It varies from not being able to find a match at all, or there might be a prime hour that most people tend to play. I was thinking about starting some sort of group where people could create an event/time to play a certain game at, like a book club. For example, if this Thursday Night was Battlefield 3/ Bad Company 2/ Bad Company 1 or 1943 night, we could all go online and find some people to play online with.

This would allow us to be able to get some more play out of our older games, especially before their online servers are all shut down. Some of these games require certain online actions (complete x amount of races) to unlock items in the games, or unlock achievements. This will also give us all a chance to go back and unlock what we might’ve missed before.

As someone with a good sized game collection, I think it would be nice to get some more life out of some of my older games and get the achievements I missed out on before. Hopefully something like this can take off to the point that there is a large enough crowd that the attendance of every person in the “group” wouldn’t be vital.

This would be different than a clan because the focus would not be on one game alone, and this also would not be as “competitive”. This hopefully would be about everyone playing together and enjoying some of the games we all overlook now.

Please let me know if you are interested.

I prefer to be contacted on Twitter @theGamerPad, by Reply in this thread
OR you can add me on Skype "TheGamerPad" and I can add you into the Chat Group where things will mostly be discussed/organized.

Here are some of the games I’m currently looking into, please let me know of anything I should add.

Thanks for your time

Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Bulletstorm
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
Call of Juarez: The Cartel
Crysis 2
FEAR
Gears of War 1 & 2
Grand Theft Auto IV
Kane & Lynch
Medal of Honor
PURE
Rainbow Six
Red Faction: Armageddon
Stranglehold

Wii
Battalion Wars II
Excitebots
Fortune Street
GoldenEye 007
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Strikers Charged
Smash Bros Brawl

DS/3DS
Advance Wars
Bomberman Land
Mario Kart 7
Mario Kart DS
Metroid Prime Hunters
Planet Puzzle League
Star Fox Command
Tetris
theGamerPad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:08 AM   #2
BBDrew84

BBDrew's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Sounds like a good idea but BF3 still has a very strong multiplayer community, but for BFBC2 you may have something going. If you want to make a Platoon for BF3 or another BF game and recruit others you may want to post on Battlelog to help get the word out. Here is a link to the right forum http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4490209866164/. Good luck dude.

BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:40 AM   #3
WOLFkraut

WOLFkraut's Gamercard

What about BF1942 and BF2? 1942 is still surprisingly active, probably because of it's semi-recent re-release. But I have a hard time finding good matches on BF2. I had a really hard time finding any good NA/Western European servers to join. There were servers and full ones, but my ping was HORRIBLE. And the rest were bots only/just a few players. BC1/2 are always nice, though...
Old 05-05-2013, 02:28 AM   #4
Benny34
Banned User

rainbow six vegas 2 is awesome, i put in so much hours in that game i was beast at it. rainbow six vegas 2 was the best fps, i think that shits hacked now, hacking scum, but bfbc2 is pretty baller to, sometimes not much people will be in a game, but other times a lot will be on.
crysis 2 was fun also..
gta iv is also fun, fun to play freemode and troll the shit outta other players with a group of friends, me and my mates play it ever so often. and we fuck shit up, if you like western games as you have call of juraez get red dead instead much better.

Last edited by Benny34; 05-05-2013 at 02:31 AM.
Benny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:02 AM   #5
theGamerPad

@BBDrew84 - I'll have to check out Battelog thank you for that. I wasn't too sure how active BF3's community was, but I thought it probably had some decent activity since DLC recently came out. BF3 will probably be strong up until release of BF4, but thought this might be a good way to reach out/bridge between the older titles. Thanks for your suggestions/help I'll definitely check out Battlelog

@WOLFKraut - I don't think Battlefield 1942 is on the 360, this is more geared towards console games than PC. I'm also pretty sure Battlefield 2: Modern Combat on the 360 doesn't have servers any more. With seeing stuff like that get pulled, it makes me realize some games are going to get pulled soon...especially to make room for some publishers next-gen games. In a few years there probably won't be any servers for 360 games at all. Worst/best case scenario, we have to repurchase some sort of digital re-release/compilation of some older games to play them online with the next-gen systems. This is one of the reasons I'd like to squeeze some life out of these games before they disappear online.

@Benny34 - Rainbow Six was awesome, I played it when it was a newer release. Hackers could ruin it, but I suppose if we got enough people together to play, we could avoid the hackers. Crysis 2 is one of my favorite multiplayer games this generation, that and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 are the highlights of online gaming to me this gen. I'd love to get some more time in with those games, especially since I never maxed out. GTA IV is another fun game, I remember once me and 2 friends played online and were rolling around with a couple strangers online in a metro bus, that was hilarious. I used to play Red Dead Redemption online too, that I kind of assumed still had some sort of action going on, but I suppose it is old enough now that it has surely died down, I'll have to look into it. I figure Call of Juarez is pretty much non-existent at this point, so it's why I threw it out there to see if there is anyone interested in it or not.

Gonna try to start off with a game a lot of people have interest in first, and still has remains of some sort of community/activity. That way it isn't entirely dependent on the "group" to push the matches forward, but eventually we get more/enough people we can support a few hours on a certain night playing some of the more deserted games together.

Thank you everyone for your help/interest. Please add me on Twitter or Skype, both as "TheGamerPad" if you'd like to communicate more as I try to organize upcoming games/times/etc.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:07 AM   #6
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFkraut View Post
What about BF1942 and BF2? 1942 is still surprisingly active, probably because of it's semi-recent re-release. But I have a hard time finding good matches on BF2. I had a really hard time finding any good NA/Western European servers to join. There were servers and full ones, but my ping was HORRIBLE. And the rest were bots only/just a few players. BC1/2 are always nice, though...
I think that you are referring to BF1943 which was an arcade download on Xbox Live. Definitely one of my favorite games, EVER!

As for BF2, I do believe that they shut the servers down 2-3 years ago.

CGPsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #7
Benny34
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGPsaint View Post
I think that you are referring to BF1943 which was an arcade download on Xbox Live. Definitely one of my favorite games, EVER!

As for BF2, I do believe that they shut the servers down 2-3 years ago.
Bf1942 for pc, bf2 for pc. They are PC games the ones on Xbox are battlefield 1943 and battlefield modern combat 2.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:50 PM   #8
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny34 View Post
Bf1942 for pc, bf2 for pc. They are PC games the ones on Xbox are battlefield 1943 and battlefield modern combat 2.
I was not aware that WOLF split time with PC and Xbox 360. BF1942 was a great game, but I will always hold a very special place in my black heart for BF1943. There was just something so enjoyable about going head to head in a dog fight and then pulling up at the last moment so that you can drop a 500lb bomb in their face! Or taking off in one of the planes and racing over to strafe the enemy landing crafts as they try to get to the beach! Ahh, the memories!

Old 05-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #9
Benny34
Banned User

Quote:
I was not aware that WOLF split time with PC and Xbox 360. BF1942 was a great game, but I will always hold a very special place in my black heart for BF1943. There was just something so enjoyable about going head to head in a dog fight and then pulling up at the last moment so that you can drop a 500lb bomb in their face! Or taking off in one of the planes and racing over to strafe the enemy landing crafts as they try to get to the beach! Ahh, the memories!
I didn't know either but I figured, I never really liked bf1943 tbh
Old 05-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #10
WOLFkraut

WOLFkraut's Gamercard

Quote:
Yep, I do! I still own an original boxed CD copy of Battlefield 1942. And I built a new gaming rig in January, which runs both BF1942 and BF2 perfectly, but is still very much a WIP. I also play Fallout 3/New Vegas pretty much exclusively on PC, plus the RO games which I love. BF1943 was definitely something special, though! I did the same thing to those landing craft. The air raid bunker was great fun, too. I haven't played it in so long, perhaps I should install it again soon.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #11
Benny34
Banned User

I only liked to play as the usmc sniper so I could get the m1911 and the c4 shit
Old 05-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #12
theGamerPad

So do any of you guys have Skype or Twitter?
Old 05-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #13
Benny34
Banned User

I have twitter
Old 05-08-2013, 04:46 AM   #14
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny34 View Post
I only liked to play as the usmc sniper so I could get the m1911 and the c4 shit
Wasn't it Dynamite in BF1943? I didn't play as the sniper very often as I could normally be found in an airplane or in a tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGamerPad View Post
So do any of you guys have Skype or Twitter?
Relevance?

Old 05-11-2013, 03:08 AM   #15
theGamerPad

Quote:
Relevance?
There's a chatgroup that was started so everyone can communicate/organize times and dates on Skype. That's probably the easiest way to coordinate things.

You can also check "@TheGamerPad" on Twitter, because I'll post the times/updates there.

This Sunday evening/night we'll be playing Smash Bros Brawl for Wii