PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Blade Kitten
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-08-2010, 04:52 AM   #1
SpaceAndy7

SPACE ANDY7's Gamercard
Future of Series?

So...I hear this was supposed to be the first part of a series. And I also hear that Krome Studios has been closed.

Anybody hear anything on the future of the series? Has it been picked up by anyone else?
SpaceAndy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:10 PM   #2
RadiantViper

radiantviper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Krome Studios didn't close:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/09/kr...io-still-open/

A while ago the creator of Blade Kitten confirmed that he's still working on the game, but no ETA was given. There was also a small teaser clip released of Episode 2.

So it's uncertain of when and if it will eventually come out, but it's still possible. We just have to be patient.
RadiantViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:46 PM   #3
SpaceAndy7

SPACE ANDY7's Gamercard
I had heard from a couple of sources they had closed, good to hear that was not the case after all.

That answers everything, thanks!
SpaceAndy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:43 AM   #4
Dungeon00X

Send a message via Yahoo to Dungeon00X

Dungeon00X's Gamercard
They almost closed because they thought they could resurrect the Spyro the Dragon series. Apparently Insomniac knew when to say 'it's over, we're moving on'.

Of course there will be a new episode, the webcomic is still being updated.

The watcher of Topics
Dungeon00X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:36 AM   #5
Restricted-Access

Darth Pinhead's Gamercard
I'll definitely buy the next one - AND... I may not even wait for a sale price! The game play is really only worth the price I paid (which was 600 MS Points)... but the cut-scenes are HILARIOUS (and worth $15.00 just for those... short as they might be, pasted together)!!!

I've gone back and re-played a few levels - even after getting all the achievements... just to watch the cut-scenes. I wish I had an HD capture card for my PC, so I could capture all the scenes (from my Xbox 360) and paste them together into a mini-movie. I'll probably just buy the PC version and do it with that, since the HD capture card I want is about $300.00!

I've read the Blade Kitten comic on line. I've been saving the pages, so I can read them again - and without that delay of each page loading. I'll probably even buy one of those color e-book readers (which I've been wanting to get for a about year now, anyway)... so I can read that, e-books and other documents on the go.

I'd recommend that everyone who likes the game (as a whole... NOT just for the game-play)... to tell your friends to buy the game - no matter which platform... and maybe even post on the Blade Kitten forum and let the developer know how much you like the game!

Oh... one final suggestion: When leaving comments about how much you like the game, be sure to mention if you'd like to see an animated movie (or TV series) about Blade Kitten (including having the same actor do Kit Ballard's voice... she did a GREAT job in the game)!!!

Actually... a "Blade Kitten" animated series would not only be VERY popular (I really can't imagine it not being a hit)... it would generate more interest in the game(s), too!
Restricted-Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:57 AM   #6
FFFreak1129

FFFreak1129's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I really do hope they come out with the next episode. I am enjoying the game so far. I beat it yesterday but will play it again and try for all the achievements.

Ditto on the good voice work by the person who played Kit Ballard.
FFFreak1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:15 PM   #7
Dungeon00X

Send a message via Yahoo to Dungeon00X

Dungeon00X's Gamercard
My mistake, by the time the first post in this thread was made Krome Studios closed down. Steve seems almost unaffected by the closure, so I'm guessing that he's still going to be making it.

The watcher of Topics
Dungeon00X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:40 PM   #8
MoldyClay87

Send a message via AIM to MoldyClay87

MoldyClay87's Gamercard
I really need to buy the Blade Kitten comic book that has all the current chapters.

I know it's free to read online, but I prefer to have physical copies to just look at wherever. Same goes for Megatokyo. Plus, it's fun to support the creators.

Having said that, I really hope Episode 2 comes out. I want to see where the story goes, and the new costumes.

100% Retail: 21/78 ; 100% Arcade: 46/87
Most Recent: Clive Barker's Jericho ; Contrast
MoldyClay87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:58 AM   #9
sheldipez

sheldipez's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeon00X View Post
My mistake, by the time the first post in this thread was made Krome Studios closed down. Steve seems almost unaffected by the closure, so I'm guessing that he's still going to be making it.
Just finished this to see the "Episode Two coming soon" screen

Has anyone actually heard from Krome since last year? from what they were saying over at AustralianGamer there was mass redunancies. Is there anybody actually left? There was a gameroom game or two that was meant to be released and those updates just stopped so it's not good signs that they are in position to do this.

Last mention on the Blade Kitten blog about Episode 2 was June 12, 2011. has this Steve guy mentioned anything else about the 2nd episode

sheldipez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:56 PM   #10
Kuromaru369

Kuromaru369's Gamercard
Hope

I hope they do release more games of this series because I think it's quite underrated most people (I know of) tend to look at it and dismiss it straight away without looking at what it is.
Kuromaru369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:23 PM   #11
Buruma

burumanet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Agreed. This game is definitely underrated. I would buy the second episode in a heartbeat.

Last edited by Buruma; 08-22-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Buruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:34 PM   #12
BeerBelliedBear

BeerBelliedBear's Gamercard
Episode 2 please! ^_^ Episode 1 was great fun.
BeerBelliedBear is offline   Reply With Quote