PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-09-2007, 11:50 PM   #1
Drake669

Drake669's Gamercard
Need Help on "ONE SHOT, ONE KILL" mission on veteran difficulty

I am at the end of the mission where you wait for the helicopter. I don't know what to do to get some breathing room every time I get to the helicopter I die. Most of the time the helicopter isn't near. I tried using claymore mines, C4 bombs and still nothing. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.
Drake669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:05 AM   #2
jambell

This one gives a lot of people problems, I find. I did it last night on Veteran and it was pretty tough but once you figure it out, it's a cake walk.

As soon as you get down to 6000m, MacMillan will say "enemy helicopters inbound!" and a helicopter will come drop 4 or so guys off near his side, then two more will come and drop 4 each off usually over by the ferris wheel. Since MacMillan can't die, don't worry about killing the ones the first chopper drops off, and run over to the little area behind the bumper cars. Since there's a fence blocking their way, there's only one direction for enemies to come at you this way, so it's much easier to handle.

If you still have C4 or claymores left at this checkpoint, it'd be useful to plant claymores in the bumper cars entrances, where they'll jump up, and along the edge of the entire bumper cars ride thing. After you get into position, just snipe the chopper guys as they fall down the rope, then stay crouched at the corner of the bumper cards building, where the fence will keep your head from getting blown off.

Your helicopter will come sooner than you realize, but then you have to run over and carry MacMillan to it. This is where a lot of people have more troubles, since the enemies are still coming in nearly as much as they were before. However, if you lay prone to heal if you're getting too close to death, you'll be fine. Once you grab MacMillan, run him along the back wall until, and then walk in between the ferris wheel and the bumper cars to get to your helicopter. There will be a bunch of your own men standing around the entrance of the chopper, protecting you, and you'll waltz right on in. :]

However, it may take a few tries, so don't get discouraged.
jambell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 01:07 AM   #3
Drake669

Drake669's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambell View Post
This one gives a lot of people problems, I find. I did it last night on Veteran and it was pretty tough but once you figure it out, it's a cake walk.

As soon as you get down to 6000m, MacMillan will say "enemy helicopters inbound!" and a helicopter will come drop 4 or so guys off near his side, then two more will come and drop 4 each off usually over by the ferris wheel. Since MacMillan can't die, don't worry about killing the ones the first chopper drops off, and run over to the little area behind the bumper cars. Since there's a fence blocking their way, there's only one direction for enemies to come at you this way, so it's much easier to handle.

If you still have C4 or claymores left at this checkpoint, it'd be useful to plant claymores in the bumper cars entrances, where they'll jump up, and along the edge of the entire bumper cars ride thing. After you get into position, just snipe the chopper guys as they fall down the rope, then stay crouched at the corner of the bumper cards building, where the fence will keep your head from getting blown off.

Your helicopter will come sooner than you realize, but then you have to run over and carry MacMillan to it. This is where a lot of people have more troubles, since the enemies are still coming in nearly as much as they were before. However, if you lay prone to heal if you're getting too close to death, you'll be fine. Once you grab MacMillan, run him along the back wall until, and then walk in between the ferris wheel and the bumper cars to get to your helicopter. There will be a bunch of your own men standing around the entrance of the chopper, protecting you, and you'll waltz right on in. :]

However, it may take a few tries, so don't get discouraged.
I have tried something very similar but i keep dying when the helicopter comes. I mean I lay down and snipe and use a submachine gun and still DIE. I tried using claymore mines were they will come out at but still I can't seem to get it.
Drake669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 04:10 AM   #4
Riverpatrol

chrisloughnane's Gamercard
I had the same problem!

All I can add is I kept the stick pushed forward while I was facing one of the support troops at the rear of the helo and eventually I was allowed on board.

On a side note, my father, a recently retired soldier, was watching this and was nearly blue in the face screaming obscenities at the support troops

Last edited by Riverpatrol; 11-10-2007 at 07:47 PM. Reason: spelling fix
Riverpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 03:51 PM   #5
MxKiNG971
Banned User

Ok... easiest way to do this, kinda cheap but it will get the job done. Near the bumper cars there is like a little shack (ticket booth) and you can go inside... you go in there and lay down as far against the wall and away from the open door you can get. You CANNOT die in here as long as you watch out for grenades... they willl throw many at the shack around you but they CANNOT and WILL NOT hurt you unless one of them comes inside the booth, and if one does get up and throw it back out. And when the chopper comes you can just get out run around back the ferris wheel and get your guy and carry him over... thats how I did it, no other way for me. I tried what the other guy said where you hide behind the bumper cars and all it does not work after a while you die too fast. I used the C4 and claymores but eventually they start throwing grenades over the fence and force you to move away and then all the guys in the bumper cars and shit light you up.
MxKiNG971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 04:41 PM   #6
PmcG1981

Mxking, that worked a treat thanks,damn ive never had so many grenades thrown at me before in a game than in tha booth!
I didn't try the first guys suggestion because I'd been trying it for so fecking long that I wanted it doen quick and easy, so cant say whether it works or not.
PmcG1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 04:46 PM   #7
jorGe62990
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to jorGe62990

jorGe62990's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxKiNG971 View Post
Ok... easiest way to do this, kinda cheap but it will get the job done. Near the bumper cars there is like a little shack (ticket booth) and you can go inside... you go in there and lay down as far against the wall and away from the open door you can get. You CANNOT die in here as long as you watch out for grenades... they willl throw many at the shack around you but they CANNOT and WILL NOT hurt you unless one of them comes inside the booth, and if one does get up and throw it back out. And when the chopper comes you can just get out run around back the ferris wheel and get your guy and carry him over... thats how I did it, no other way for me. I tried what the other guy said where you hide behind the bumper cars and all it does not work after a while you die too fast. I used the C4 and claymores but eventually they start throwing grenades over the fence and force you to move away and then all the guys in the bumper cars and shit light you up.
great suggestion...i will try this when i switch to veteran...even on regular it was pretty difficult
jorGe62990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 05:09 PM   #8
At The Gates

m0rbid Visions's Gamercard
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverpatrol View Post
my father, a recently retired soldier, was watching this and was nearly blue in the face screaming obscenitiesat the support troops
LOL!!! Don't know you or your dad but I pictured it perfectly in my head. Nice!
At The Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 05:17 PM   #9
Chuppernicus

chuppernicus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
I did this on Veteran as well, I camped out in the grassy noll with trees behind the bumper cars. The spot to the left of the ferris wheel as you first come in. I camped with the fence to my back and put claymores on the "entry points". I just dodged and shot behind the trees when the support troops came. The troops have to go through the bumper cars and there is too much stuff between me and them for them to get a clear killing shot on me. Mac will actually keep most of the guys from going around the back of the ferris wheel, even if they do come at you, hide behind a tree and snipe them as they have a long way to go, usually a bullet to impeed their run was enough for Mac to kill them for me.
That sniper shot was sweet in the begining-

-Insert something creative here-
( that doesn't include stats that no one really cares about or some poorly photoshop'd image with your name stuck in it. )

Last edited by Chuppernicus; 11-10-2007 at 05:21 PM. Reason: spelling what else? I'm an artist, I can draw, not spell
Chuppernicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 05:43 PM   #10
jorGe62990
Banned User

jorGe62990's Gamercard

yeah i think the entire mission in itself is the best one in the game...so exhilarating when you are desperately running away lol
Old 11-10-2007, 07:01 PM   #11
doctor lollypop
Banned User

doctor lollypop's Gamercard
i cant even get past the part right after u try and snipe the guy
doctor lollypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 07:55 PM   #12
jorGe62990
Banned User

jorGe62990's Gamercard

the mission is very difficult and needs lots of practice but you really just need to know where to go and when
Old 11-10-2007, 08:11 PM   #13
Unkn0wn Her0

Send a message via AIM to Unkn0wn Her0

F0RSAKEN HER0's Gamercard
Quote:
i'll definitely try that. this is one of the last few levels i need dammit.
Unkn0wn Her0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 11:09 PM   #14
III Vesper III
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to III Vesper III

III Vesper III's Gamercard
Quote:
I always get killed by a nade around the 6000 mark 100% of the time. And im not in range of throwing it out.

I must be in the wrong booth or something elaborate as much as possible please.
III Vesper III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 11:53 PM   #15
Jumnious

Send a message via MSN to Jumnious

the Jummy's Gamercard
I had such a pain with this one, the easiest one is when you respawn SPRINT as fast as you can past the 3 helicopters to where the group of troops come out of that alley way behind the pool wall. [ don't worry, they shouldn't have spawned if you ran fast enough ] Around the corner you will see an entrance to the Apartment block. Crouch at that corner and watch down the alley you came down and every now and then some troops will come running towards you from the far alley side. Just snipe them, they will shoot you and such so be careful. Don't worry though, your sniper buddy is invincible and a badass sniper at that...

When the plane is about 400M away, start moving forward and instead of taking an immediate right towards your buddy, go towards the far end, fight your way through the bumper cars and go around the back. During this time kill any people so that they won't get you... pick up your friend and move as fast as you can towards the helicopter. You have about 30 seconds from the time it lands to where it will set off again.

I got on right when the troops started to board the helicopter to lift off.

Now that's cheap camping.

Last edited by Jumnious; 11-10-2007 at 11:59 PM.
Jumnious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 11:58 PM   #16
jorGe62990
Banned User

jorGe62990's Gamercard

wait a second theres a time limit for you to get on the helicopter??? I did not even know that!! lol i guess its just one more factor in this already difficult mission to deal with
Old 11-11-2007, 12:01 AM   #17
Jumnious

the Jummy's Gamercard
Yea, I was pissed. The first time I did that tactic of mine, I went straight to the copter... then it told me I needed to carry the buddy of mine to the copter. So I ran out, grabbed him and within 2-3 feet of getting to the helicopter it set off...

I screamed, dropped my buddy and went crazy on the closest bad guy.

He killed me.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:11 AM   #18
Blind x360a

Send a message via AIM to Blind x360a

Blind Ragee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Tournament - Second Place   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
What are you guys talking about ferris wheel and bumper cars?
I think I am on that part and I got 20 mins and don't see anythinng you guys are describing.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:14 AM   #19
jorGe62990
Banned User

jorGe62990's Gamercard

the ferris wheel part is your extraction point...it is the last part of the mission where you are pinned down and forced to fight off enemies while you wait for your helicopter to come pick you up
Old 11-11-2007, 12:16 AM   #20
Blind x360a

Blind Ragee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Tournament - Second Place   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver
Damn, it seems like the people don't stop coming. Then the Cpt is like we have to go to the extraction point. Is that the left or the right? They come from both ways.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:19 AM   #21
Jumnious

the Jummy's Gamercard
Then I guarantee you that you will hate the final fight.

When that helicopter finally lifts off with you on board, you will be so happy.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:22 AM   #22
Blind x360a

Blind Ragee's Gamercard

Lol, I prolly will hate it.

I keep getting killed on my run to the extraction.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:32 AM   #23
Jeff

When you're near the end and waiting for the chopper, lay down as many claymores as you can. Then for safety sake, throw all C4s near the vehicles nearby to increase the damage to take out as many as possible. Once all hell breaks loose, snipe as many as you can. When the enemies get nearby I just used the AK-47 to take 'em out. When the 30 second mark begins to get on the chopper, toss your remaining flash grenades and get on board. Level clear.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 12:48 AM   #24
Blind x360a

Blind Ragee's Gamercard

It is hard to get to the extraction point because you have people behind you and infront of you.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:51 AM   #25
jorGe62990
Banned User

jorGe62990's Gamercard

yeah i agree the entire sequence after the blow the guys head off is very difficult...your basically cornered from every angle while also forced to carry your Irish buddy around...it was hard for me on regular so i can only imagine how it is on veteran
Old 11-11-2007, 12:56 AM   #26
Blind x360a

Blind Ragee's Gamercard

Yea it is like impossible. I can't figure out a strategy to beat it.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:47 AM   #27
orp08

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Pongsifu posted on another thread this link to a extremely easy way to pass this mission:

I think everyone think in the same 2 alternative routes (bumping cars & the back building),for me this is the easiest, you have to put your C4 right, thats it.

Last edited by orp08; 11-11-2007 at 02:31 AM.
orp08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 02:55 AM   #28
Jeff

That's just nuts. I seriously hope they patch that, it's just not fair to those who finished the mission legit.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 04:48 AM   #29
bonkd1nk

bonkadink's Gamercard
In that video though, was that on veteran or a lower difficulty?
bonkd1nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:02 AM   #30
III Vesper III
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to III Vesper III

III Vesper III's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
That's just nuts. I seriously hope they patch that, it's just not fair to those who finished the mission legit.
More like deception. Or bad game design.
III Vesper III is offline   Reply With Quote