PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-11-2007, 05:22 AM   #31
jorGe62990
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to jorGe62990

jorGe62990's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
yeah i agree, you can only blame the designers for creating such a flawed map...could something like this even be patched???
jorGe62990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:26 AM   #32
DisturbedDan

Send a message via AIM to DisturbedDan

Br4inDEAD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
so you guys know, that method will not work on veteran. I tried it and just got frustrated, so i used the ticket booth method and it worked perfectly.

oh and the video is harden difficulty
Old 11-11-2007, 02:30 PM   #33
III Vesper III
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to III Vesper III

III Vesper III's Gamercard
Yo can you describe that ticket booth for me, cause theres 3 booths and one tiny one. It has to be the tiny one you guys are talking about right? cause I get killed by nades all the time. Do i go prone directly in the diagonal corner of the booth away from the door? cause thats what im doing. Something im doing wrong here.
III Vesper III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 02:37 PM   #34
Blind x360a

Send a message via AIM to Blind x360a

Blind Ragee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Tournament - Second Place   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbedDan View Post
so you guys know, that method will not work on veteran. I tried it and just got frustrated, so i used the ticket booth method and it worked perfectly.

oh and the video is harden difficulty
Yea the video is on hardened but it works on Veteran. I did it last night and barely got shot.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:41 PM   #35
exo-apollo

exo apollo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
yeah i did the video method today on veteran. when you have to run to get the captain, shoot the guys by the fence, detonate your c4. when you get to capt,grab him and run towards the ferris wheel, there is a booth next to the fence that you can hide behind for a second if you are hurt. but it comes down to luck really because i got shot instantly doing it the firstfew times, then finnaly i made it.
exo-apollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:11 AM   #36
an7man

an7man's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Oh i feel such like a nub i cant even get that far. Im stuck right in the beginning ... it just one big open spot!

an7man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:35 PM   #37
TigaSefi

Tigasefi's Gamercard
This level is insanely hard on Veteran. I managed it on hardened barely. I will try again tonight.
TigaSefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 06:11 AM   #38
Ravric

Ravric's Gamercard
I am playing the whole game through on vet and I am stuck after the getting out of the hotel.

I found a way to survive but it seems they respawn faster than I can kill them and every way I have tried ends in failure.
Ravric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:21 PM   #39
Pigletdude

I'm sorry but that you tube video doesn't work...
How did no enemies not show up???
I followed it to the point but there are still a good few enemeies coming at me.
please help.

Edit: ok i know why that doesnt work, i've been trying the ticket booth strategy but the volume of grenades get into the booth is too much... Do you mean the ticket book that actualy in the bumper car arena? Because i couldn't get into that.

Last edited by Pigletdude; 11-15-2007 at 08:36 PM.
Pigletdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:54 AM   #40
orp08

I know its too late for the comment but that method is extremeley accurate, unless you are really bad you should be able to pass that part with that video, it doesnt matter what level was made,m i got on my first try after seeing that on veteran.
orp08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 04:26 AM   #41
Illution

Send a message via AIM to Illution Send a message via MSN to Illution Send a message via Yahoo to Illution

KoaBD Arizonas's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Doom Tournament - 1st Place
Just go to youtube and type in "Call of duty 4 walkthrough" and look for atilla something and he has good methods for all the levels. He's the guy I used when I got stuck (rarely) but ya.. Just use all of your claymores by the area inbetween the pools and the first hotel and then go set him down and you'll get another set to use so use those over by wherever your hiding. drop your c4 by cars so that when you run to get him you can just blow it up. I found it most effective to hide over by the pool area (where they spawn through that hotel..) which is what the guy in the videos does.

Check out my movie reviews! http://www.tumblr.com/blog/joehawleywood

Illution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:07 PM   #42
mjpartyboy

ROBOSLIDER's Gamercard
I camped by the bumper cars and used Claymores around them and the Ferris Wheel, I also replaced my pistol with an AK-47 before planting the Claymores. I sniped everybody I could and when the time came to "get to da chopper" I cleaned up the remaining enemies around the Ferris Wheel before running to Macmillan. I panicked a bit when they gave the 30 second callout. The first time I got to Macmillan, I got gunned down. The second time I got to him I sniped a few behind a car in the distance on the left, threw all my flash grenades ahead and then grabbed Mac and ran in pretty much a straight line from his position to the helicopter, so the Wheel is on your right, and I got to it just as the last two crew were boarding to leave at the end of the 30 seconds.
mjpartyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:39 PM   #43
FUBAR

Capt Falconn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
That's just nuts. I seriously hope they patch that, it's just not fair to those who finished the mission legit.
how is that not "legit" I mean, i used the bumper car method, but still... the guy just camped into a corner and waited... Id guarantee you'd do that if you found yourself and that situation in real life...
FUBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:27 AM   #44
MrTeeves

xPUSHOVER's Gamercard
Yeah that video is legit, its just like hiding in the booth, they throw grenades and come at you still even if you hide in the back. I tried the video and it only took a few tries on vet, just gotta keep your claymores and c4 in the right place.
MrTeeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 07:55 AM   #45
jimbo

jim10000's Gamercard
What I did was throw all my C4 around near the cars where the helicopter lands, then go into the ticket booth and go prone facing the door. About 30 granades land near you, but won't kill you if they are outside the booth. Any that come in the door (probably 3 or 4) throw them back out.

When your helicopter has about 40m left, detonate the C4. When it has landed just run to macmillan, pick him up and run AROUND THE BACK of the ferris wheel where your guys can cover you.

You get hit, but at this stage you can take a lot of shots before you are killed, not just 1 or 2 like earlier in the level.
jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 07:02 AM   #46
LocoYoko85

LocoYoko85's Gamercard
I don't think you even need to do the c4 business. I didn't and I beat it on veteran by hiding in the corner like the video shows. Once the chopper lands, then you can run out of hiding while the enemies are distracted with the troops. Some will turn and fire at you but it should be easy to kill them while you make your away through the bumper cars to Cpt. Pick him up and you should be covered at that point to get on the heli.
LocoYoko85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:53 AM   #47
sam49

dy 0ver dx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Thats a good video. I'm gonna try that later.
sam49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:28 PM   #48
adamptfc

AHunter x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase SOTF Runner Up   Submit - Bronze
I did the video method for this one before I had seen this video lol figured that one out myself and I did it on veteran and nobody came near me the chopper came I ran picked up Cpt MacMillan and got in the helicopter worked fine was getting too frustrated trying it legit lol
adamptfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:31 PM   #49
puckup
Banned User

puckup's Gamercard
wait until the helicoptor lands and all the soilders inside get out they should give you some support enough to make it to the chopper i know its hard i had the same problem
puckup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:05 AM   #50
tmnterminator

TMNTerminator's Gamercard
Well, it wasn't easy, but I finally did it...after a gazillion tries in the booth it finally worked! Thnx!!
tmnterminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:09 AM   #51
munkyxtc

munkyxtc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp08 View Post
I know its too late for the comment but that method is extremeley accurate, unless you are really bad you should be able to pass that part with that video, it doesnt matter what level was made,m i got on my first try after seeing that on veteran.

Then you are the luckiest person on the planet [at least playing this game] -- Even trying the method in the video the level took me a bunch of attempts and even more frustration; attempting to get back to MacMillian was nearly impossible. I was throwing stun grenades and frags; taking care of any enemies I saw standing around; I could get back to the open area and all of a sudden coming around the cars I would without fail get killed by some random unknown enemy. Finally I was able to get through it but I have to say this level is 2% planning & 98% luck on veteran.
munkyxtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:04 AM   #52
FaW II HaVoK

DB 149's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
That video isnt a glitch of any sort. Its a proper way of doing the level.
If you check my guide you can find out how to do it properly.

:: XBL :: Twitter :: YouTube ::
FaW II HaVoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:42 AM   #53
KingBroly

KingBroly's Gamercard

So, if I run to the alley before MacMillan calls for the chopper, will any enemies spawn from the alley even if I leave there?
KingBroly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:48 PM   #54
LocoYoko85

LocoYoko85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBroly View Post
So, if I run to the alley before MacMillan calls for the chopper, will any enemies spawn from the alley even if I leave there?
They shouldn't spawn. The only direction enemies come from in the alleyway is from that area where the intel is, so if you face that door they won't come out. They didn't for me...

And if you hide from the helicopters that drop more enemies, they also won't see you and will only fire at Macmillan.
LocoYoko85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:45 AM   #55
Mother Beef

Mother Beef's Gamercard
I didn't use a sniper, like for the first few waves i did but when they started to overwhelm me i picked up an AK and hit behinde this small ticket booth thing to the left of the Bumber cars it really helped.

Mother Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:47 PM   #56
Hansana

Thought this video can help people here because it helped me a lot.

Hansana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:12 AM   #57
pwdrmnky is me

pwdrmnky's Gamercard
this is pissing me off!!!!!!!!!!!!

i beet it every time but it wont let on board the helo even tho i have the captain with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
pwdrmnky is me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:01 AM   #58
LInsomnie

Send a message via AIM to LInsomnie

Linsomnie's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumnious View Post
Then I guarantee you that you will hate the final fight.

When that helicopter finally lifts off with you on board, you will be so happy.
I definitely was. After the first wave I ran into the left corridor and laid prone shooting anyone that came to the left of the door. My only problem was the dog(s). Other than that I some how managed to fend them off long enough get him to the helicopter.
LInsomnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:57 PM   #59
Asturgis
Gundam Meister

Asturgis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp08 View Post
Pongsifu posted on another thread this link to a extremely easy way to pass this mission:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu9zzkVWfuw

I think everyone think in the same 2 alternative routes (bumping cars & the back building),for me this is the easiest, you have to put your C4 right, thats it.
Oh my GOD !!! I was about to cave in, and I tried this method. It worked for me the FIRST TRY on Veteran, though I will add some details :

1) Don't put your last C4 in front of you when you are waiting, but put it on the back side of the fence where 2 or 3 enemies will post themselves at the end to shoot your guys when the helicopter comes.

2) Don't run blindlessly from the point where you wait to the helicopter, take your time to watch and kill with your SMG the 2 or 3 guys that keep breathing after you detonated your C4.

3) On your way to your injured friend, take a 5 sec breather near the ferris booth, then when your health is full run to your friend.

4) Pick your friend and run like crazy.

I got lucky because a dog came when I was carrying my friend, and it blew up on my last claymore lol

This technique is awesome thanks guys !!!
Old 01-03-2008, 01:33 AM   #60
nytwstdpunk1211

^^^^^ Thank you! That c4 by the fence worked perfectly. I made a grenade throwing dash for it and made it. Shit my heart was pumping..
nytwstdpunk1211 is offline   Reply With Quote