PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-09-2015, 09:43 PM   #1
Brako Von Cruel

Brako V25's Gamercard
So, sooooooo, sooooooooo much harder than CoD2

Hi everyone,

I recently got the full 100% completion on CoD2. A very proud accomplishment for me as on this site its rated 9 for difficulty. Personally I would have said 7 but I'll take the extra kudos.

Now I'v started CoD4 due to CoD3 having online achievements. CoD 4 the second stage where you enter the TV station is sooooooo difficult. I'd say my life expectancy is around 1 minute. The modern rapid fire weapons are what truly make this game harder. You get torn apart by a SMG burst and thats it. I can't call it cheap for grenades as I'm in a room with about 40 enemies, each having 2 grenades each say. But wow do they hammer me.

Can I ask.

Does this level have infinite enemies until you push on, or is there a certain amount of enemies you need to kill to trigger something else?
Brako Von Cruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 10:54 PM   #2
THE DEADLY DOG
Max'd Guiding Mod Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Micro Guide - Diamond   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Impossible Trinity - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Green Thumb - Bronze   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
There is a pretty good playlist of all CoD 4 missions on Veteran on youtube.

(https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...813202A807AE49)

I suggest checking it out to find the most optimized route for the TV station. I remember pushing far enough into the station that I avoided a vast majority of enemies, but still killing quite a few.

About Me (XBA Interview) | Explore Max Clubs | Create the G&RMs of the Future | Ultimate XBA FAQ
Shutdown Server List | My Twitch

A great writer borrows from many sources to create their own work. A poor writer borrows from many sources and creates nothing original.
THE DEADLY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 01:04 AM   #3
Fear The People

Fear The People's Gamercard
Easiest way i found was to airburst a flashbang, then move into cover where i had a decent line of sight on a few enemies.

It may take a few tries but persistence is key
Fear The People is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:59 AM   #4
Brako Von Cruel

Brako V25's Gamercard
It does seem like another very good CoD game. I guess its just a case of getting used to the new weapons and what you can take chances with.

Cheers gents.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:25 AM   #5
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Impossible Trinity - Silver   Submit - Bronze   Subscriber - Gold   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Wait until you get to No Fighting in the war Room. That was a pain on veteran.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:31 PM   #6
Floyd.

Floyd XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Impossible Trinity - Bronze   Staff Club - troy0891   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Subscriber Clubs Baron   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Holy crap, Brako, did you just buy a 360 recently or something? I see your posts popping up in all these forums for classic gems. You're playing through a cornucopia of awesome games back to back to back.

Floyd. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 04:06 PM   #7
BiggD
In CD RED We Trust!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brako Von Cruel View Post
Does this level have infinite enemies until you push on, or is there a certain amount of enemies you need to kill to trigger something else?
I remember that exact spot you're in. I believe there is an infinite amount of enemies. As you move up into the bigger room of the station, their numbers and spawns become fixed.

Unfortunately, I don't have advice on how to handle that fight, but just know that you'll need to inch up or else they'll keep spawning.

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
~ HARLEY IS LOVE, HARLEY IS LIFE ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 05:20 PM   #8
Brako Von Cruel

Brako V25's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd. View Post
Holy crap, Brako, did you just buy a 360 recently or something? I see your posts popping up in all these forums for classic gems. You're playing through a cornucopia of awesome games back to back to back.
Hiya Floydy me ol' sunbeam.

I had a 360 from 2007 until 2010. Went to PS3 and came back to the 360 in 2011. Went back to PS3 in 2012 and then back to the 360 in November 2014.

Basically I always favoured the games on 360 but wanted to experience the PS3. I just couldn't gel with the PS3 though even after a couple of years on it.

Anyway I was playing the Fallout games on PS3 and they were ported so badly, that I couldn't resist coming back to playing the old games that actually worked.

Then it turns out I missed out on loads of classics and now going back through them all. I'll only play CoD up until MW3 though, because after that it all goes a bit nuts.

Will try and crack on with this level tonight. The thing I love about the older CoD games is that they flow perfectly. Even when you can't get past a section, the pace is well done that you don't feel like you have to do everything all over again.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:48 PM   #9
Melfar

Buttercup III's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman417 View Post
Wait until you get to No Fighting in the war Room. That was a pain on veteran.
Oh my god, yes! No Fighting In The War Room was awful. Restarting several times was the only way I beat that time limit. The only thing worse is the Mile High Club. I think that took me 5-6 hours over four days to get.

100% Club: 16 Games
Last 3 100%'s: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Lego Batman, & Minecraft (XB1)

Working On: WWE 2K15, Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 & 2011, Call of Duty Classic & MW3 (Spec Ops+DLC), Lego Batman 2, GTA V, Split Second, Jeopardy, Halo 4 (360)
Melfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 11:23 PM   #10
Brako Von Cruel

Brako V25's Gamercard
I managed to get past that part earlier.

First attempt I went in like some renegade feng shui expert with tourettes syndrome. Lobbing grenades and blowing up furniture all over the place, whilst running around screaming and emptying 400 bullets all over the place.

Next thing all I hear from my comrade in arms is 'RPG!!!'. Who the f**k fires an RPG in a f**king TV studio? Bastards, thats who!

Anyway on my next attempt I restarted the checkpoint and went down the right side, lob some grenades over to the left corner and took out 3-4 enemies. Tucked around the corner and after popping off a few more baddies I got the all clear message.

Now I'm on the War Pig mission. Saved and quit at the part just after you're finished with the night vision goggles. Tough level but fun.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:03 AM   #11
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Impossible Trinity - Silver   Submit - Bronze   Subscriber - Gold   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brako Von Cruel View Post
I managed to get past that part earlier.

First attempt I went in like some renegade feng shui expert with tourettes syndrome. Lobbing grenades and blowing up furniture all over the place, whilst running around screaming and emptying 400 bullets all over the place.

Next thing all I hear from my comrade in arms is 'RPG!!!'. Who the f**k fires an RPG in a f**king TV studio? Bastards, thats who!

Anyway on my next attempt I restarted the checkpoint and went down the right side, lob some grenades over to the left corner and took out 3-4 enemies. Tucked around the corner and after popping off a few more baddies I got the all clear message.

Now I'm on the War Pig mission. Saved and quit at the part just after you're finished with the night vision goggles. Tough level but fun.
The stealthy sniper mission can give a bit of grief as well. But once you've finished the game you get the satisfaction of completing one of the best CoD games on veteran.
Old 03-14-2015, 07:50 AM   #12
Brako Von Cruel

Brako V25's Gamercard
Got to the Hunted level the other night. Saved just as you get discovered as you reach the barn. Will have a go when I get home tonight.

Really enjoying the game.

Took a few attempts to do War Pig where you defend the tank. Seems for that level you're best sticking to the right side and distance killing. Loved that Javelin gun.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:15 PM   #13
Chaz Of Sparta

Chaz Of Sparta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melfar View Post
Oh my god, yes! No Fighting In The War Room was awful. Restarting several times was the only way I beat that time limit. The only thing worse is the Mile High Club. I think that took me 5-6 hours over four days to get.
IMO Heat was far worse. I managed to get through No Fighting in the War Room really quickly by comparison, honestly wasn't as anywhere as near as bad as I thought it was going to be. Heat, however, is another story. The only reason I even beat that mission was due to sheer luck (running from the top of the map to the heli in a S-shape and somehow not getting killed int he process). Never doing that again!
Chaz Of Sparta is offline   Reply With Quote