PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-16-2007, 03:41 AM   #61
Mister X

Mister Xiado's Gamercard
Let's play the game with a 6 sided die!

ROLL #1:
1: You get hung up as soon as you try to sprint to the bathroom. Reroll.
2: You got shot to shit when you knife the first enemy. Reroll.
3: You get shot to shit by the guy at the doorway to the first seat room. Reroll.
4: You kill the guy in the doorway, toss your flash-bang, and run into DEATH because nobody was stunned. Reroll.
5: You stunned everybody, but they're all in the way. Reroll.
6: You stunned everybody and made it through the doorway without dying. Advance to roll #2.

ROLL #2:
1: Whoops, shotgun in the back. Reroll.
2: You toss your second flash-bang and die instantly. Reroll.
3: You toss your flash-bang, and run out to take cover, but you die. Reroll.
4: You toss your flash-bang too soon, stun yourself. Reroll.
5: You take cover, but you get killed by a guy shooting through three pixels worth of space. Reroll.
6: You successfully stun the enemies, duck and cover, and make it to the stairs unmolested. Advance to roll #3.

ROLL #3:
1: You toss your third flash-bang to the right, run up the left staircase, and die. Reroll.
2: You successfully stun the first area, but are unceremoniously gunned down by the parade in the hall. Reroll.
3: You stun the first area, kill the second, reload, and as you move to kill the guy around the corner, you die. Reroll.
4: You do everything right, but WHOOPS, shot in the back. Reroll.
5: Whoops, wrong button, you die. Reroll.
6: You make it to the hostage! Advance to roll #4.

ROLL #4:
1: Didn't kill the terrorist quickly enough. Reroll.
2: Fucking misaligned sights! Reroll.
3: Ran out of time. Reroll.
4: Whoops, missed too many times! Reroll.
5: Whoops, shot the hostage in the head. Reroll.
6: Saved the day, but you didn't get the achievement. Break controller, break TV, break Xbox.

100%:
Castlevania:Symphony of the Night - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Mister X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 09:40 AM   #62
GoWisfun

Efilnikufesin18's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister X View Post

ROLL #1:
3: You get shot to shit by the guy at the doorway to the first seat room. Reroll.
4: You kill the guy in the doorway, toss your flash-bang, and run into DEATH because nobody was stunned. Reroll.
6: You stunned everybody and made it through the doorway without dying. Advance to roll #2.

ROLL #2:
5: You take cover, but you get killed by a guy shooting through three pixels worth of space. Reroll.
6: You successfully stun the enemies, duck and cover, and make it to the stairs unmolested. Advance to roll #3.

ROLL #3:
1: You toss your third flash-bang to the right, run up the left staircase, and die. Reroll.
2: You successfully stun the first area, but are unceremoniously gunned down by the parade in the hall. Reroll.
3: You stun the first area, kill the second, reload, and as you move to kill the guy around the corner, you die. Reroll.

ROLL #4:
6: Saved the day, but you didn't get the achievement. Break controller, break TV, break Xbox.
Sorry but that made me laugh

Anyway I did it 100% on CoD4 now

Thanks for the help however, for people who have their own way and change to doing it this way you may get very frustrated

and you should break

Quote:
Soon as it starts, start sprinting. You can choose to knife the guy in the bathroom if you wish but half the time he will either kill you or cause enough damage so that another round will take you out. Sprint into the room with the table and the sort of curved wall. Gun down the guy in the doorway and toss a flash ALL THE WAY into the wall in front of you. I can't stress this enough. It seems the stomach high seats are big enough to block a flash. If you throw it all the way to the wall, the 4-5 soilders incoming will get flashed as well as the two camping the doorway. NOW DONT GET FUSTRATED! THIS IS THE HARDEST PART OF THE WHOLE LEVEL. IT WILL GET INCREDIBLY EASY IF YOU MANAGE TO GET PAST IT! When all of them are hanging over rubbing their eyes and such, sprint by them to the doorway. Take them out if some are in your way but be careful, bullets can cancle blindness somehow. Turn right in the doorway and kife the guy in the way. Sprint into the next room and throw a flash. Aim the grenade between the wooden thing and the seats. On the right youll see a seat and part of the wall heading inwards. Hide behind this. Here's the only time I stopped. Reload both your weapons. In the meantime, your squad will have wiped up the previous room and started into this one. Once your guns are stacked and any redness around your tv has cleared, move up to the seats around the corner and prone there. This will cause guys to run down the stairs but your squad will take em out easy. Run up the stairs, take the left staircase and kill the confused, maybe panacking hi-jacker. Now run into the center, staying at the back of the room, behind the seats. Peak out the left side and shoot up the wall. There's two guys behind it, one on the left and one on the right. Run into next room, toss a flash down the hall. I'm assuming you reloaded at least once since you left the seats as it is my habit to do so. Peak into the hall you just flashed and take out 2-3 guys out of the 6-7 that our in there. Toss your last flash in the same place and reload. Sprint in killing all in front of you. Remeber, if your like me you have about 8 seconds left and the rest of your squads will take care of your left overs. Switch to your pistole if you must. Knife the last guy and approach the double doors. NOW DONT SHOOT HIS LEG. Apparently you aren't a hero if you shoot his leg. Since your in slow mo, pay attention to the head of the hostage taker. He will shift to the left and is your best chance to get him. Congrats! You beat mile high and will never have to play it again.
Up into step by step(bulletpoints or 1,2,3, ect), could make it a little easier to read/understand for some people.
GoWisfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 03:51 PM   #63
Tiberian

Tiberian's Gamercard
I hate this level. Nuff said, everytime i finish off a load of troops, another one comes round the corner and finishes me. Not to mention i'm not fast enough. =(
Old 11-16-2007, 05:10 PM   #64
Mr Aim

Send a message via MSN to Mr Aim

Mr aim's Gamercard
i F$#king did after 2 days of playing it i done it
Call Of Duty 2 & Call Of Duty 5
100% Arcade:

All Call OF Duty Games Completed On Veteran
Call OF Duty 2
Call OF Duty 3
Call OF Duty 4
Call OF Duty 5
Call OF Duty 6
Mr Aim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:58 PM   #65
x SWiF7 x

EnVy xSwift's Gamercard
you my friend, are a legend
x SWiF7 x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:08 AM   #66
Shanok

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbedDan View Post
**creams self**

I Finally got it!!!! I'm going to upload the video on youtube, since i think it kicks so much ass.

di you already upload ur vid ???

My XBOX 360 talks, click here.
Shanok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:07 AM   #67
Thorpe

A Place for Us's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Is luck based at times since the AI can be different each try. Good luck everyone who is yet to do it.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:35 AM   #68
Bob Dole 007

Bob Dole 007's Gamercard
I now know first hand that the horrors of this level are true.....wow is it frustrating. The 6 sided die sums it up to PERFECTION! The one that is getting to me the most so far would be

I get shot in the head before the flash leaves my hand nearly every time. The one or two times that I didn't die I was too freaked out and got killed seconds after as apparantly I only managed to flash myself. Oh well....time for another run
Bob Dole 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 04:38 PM   #69
Shanok

i finally beat it, it took me like 6 hrs day after, when i finally got to the hostage situation kill the hostage, damn it, so after dying like 1000 times got it

My XBOX 360 talks, click here.
Shanok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 04:55 PM   #70
Tiberian

Tiberian's Gamercard
Anyone got a good video for this? Somehow i manage to pull off half of this level but when i get up the stairs i mess up and get raped.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:09 AM   #71
Overlord Saxon

ApocalypseToast's Gamercard
no dont hit second page
Overlord Saxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:15 AM   #72
Ze Alpaca

Send a message via AIM to Ze Alpaca Send a message via MSN to Ze Alpaca Send a message via Yahoo to Ze Alpaca

Steve Ze Alpaca's Gamercard
wow i dunno if this is the vid ur talking bout but use this method it works i just beet it and im shaking

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TuyHwGjLjfg
just gotta get intel now ill do it tomorow

Last edited by Ze Alpaca; 11-20-2007 at 06:17 AM.
Ze Alpaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:37 AM   #73
Tiberian

Tiberian's Gamercard
Hell yes! Thanks to that video i got the achievement!
Old 11-20-2007, 12:12 PM   #74
kingofkings dfa

LegendKillerDFA's Gamercard
just done it yay. shot the v.i.p twice b4 so took my time this time lol. i found that once u take the guy on the right out (of the first wall) and use his gun its easier cuz that gun can shoot through chairs/walls hope that helps.
kingofkings dfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:58 PM   #75
MEA7HOOK

MEA7HOOK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase SOTF Winner
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
If I grab a shotgun to replace my pistol, will I pull out the shotgun once I reach the VIP or does it always default back to the pistol once the door opens and the time slows down? I don't want to finally make it to the VIP and then be forced to pull out my shotgun to try and sharpshoot the terrorist holding him hostage.

*Note: Checked it on recruit and you automatically default back to your pistol once you reach the VIP, whether you have it in your inventory or not. Your pistol won't always have full ammo once you reach the VIP though, so be careful how you use it throughout the level.

Last edited by MEA7HOOK; 11-21-2007 at 05:46 PM.
MEA7HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:03 PM   #76
Tiberian

Tiberian's Gamercard
Pretty sure it'll just default back to the pistol, you have no other weapons when you get to that point, i've tried switching weapons but pistol is the only one you have.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:55 AM   #77
Fraust

Frau5t's Gamercard
I just want to say thanks Overlord Saxon your guide helped a lot.
Fraust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:05 AM   #78
Ze Alpaca

Send a message via AIM to Ze Alpaca Send a message via MSN to Ze Alpaca Send a message via Yahoo to Ze Alpaca

Steve Ze Alpaca's Gamercard
just swap the shotty for your mp5 if you get the shotty you dont need the mp5 you only kill like 10 people
Ze Alpaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 04:57 PM   #79
Polarbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze Alpaca View Post
wow i dunno if this is the vid ur talking bout but use this method it works i just beet it and im shaking

YouTube - Call Of Duty 4 COD 4 Mile High Club Veteran Achievement

just gotta get intel now ill do it tomorow
I just signed up to this site to say I just beat the level using the video above as a guide. Probably took around 30-40 attempts, after trying last night for over an hour and a half with no success.

You really do need to use your team mates, and a lot of it is down to luck as sometimes your team mates get in the way slowing you down.

On the time I did it I flashed myself near the end and thought bollocks, but carried on with the shotgun and just blasted through getting there with around 6-7 seconds left!!!

Shaking a bit now, that was so intense!!!
Polarbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 05:57 PM   #80
jkbd33

Soiled Satchel's Gamercard
This is somewhat about strategy but its also half about luck. I do the same thing every time, and depending on the enemy reacts to the flash-bangs depends on how far I get. It is also about strategy cause without flash-bangs on veteran this would be impossible.
jkbd33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 07:55 PM   #81
Bob Dole 007

Bob Dole 007's Gamercard
SO WEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got the RROD today and I still haven't gotten this achievement. That means I will have lost all forms of strategy on this level in the month it will take for it to get replaced. Onto my 3rd 360 now
Bob Dole 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 08:06 PM   #82
Pigletdude

The original video on the first page was more useful, it wasnt as rushed and the strategy was a lot more straight forward and easy to copy.
Pigletdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 01:43 AM   #83
davez69

After beating this game on Normal and even after playing most of the levels on Veteran, I really LOVED it. Easily one of my favorite FPS's of all time. Now with this being my only mission I've yet to beat on Veteran, I quite simply HATE this game more than anything I've ever hated in my entire life. I honestly think that my out of shape ass would be able to accomplish this in real life better than in the game. It really brings out a lot of the flaws in the CoD. Such as....getting stuck on walls, chairs or little things on the ground for no freaking reason. Not being able to run by someone even though there is clearly enough room for a man to fit through the gap between the enemy and the seat. Not being able to jump over someone that's crouched low to the ground. Crap like that.

I'm sure I'll beat it, just as I got past other hurdles in other missions on Veteran, but this crap is annoying and it's all because of stupid controls and just bad luck (the six sided dice post made me laugh because it's so true). I wish it was just hard because of really good AI, but I guess that's too much to ask. Oh well, back to the game. Wish me LUCK!
Old 11-22-2007, 09:23 PM   #84
cowpie123

Thanks for the guide. I couldn't beat it using that exact method, but some of the tips helped.
One thing that helped was shooting the bathroom guy through the wall with the smg. That way he couldn't get me with those dying shots. I went left and flashed the back the same way, but I shot the guy on the right first, picked up his p90(switch with pistol) and crouched behind the seats to reload. Then you and your team kill the other guys.

I also found that the second room is much easier if you run to the knee high brown wall on the left before everyone gets down the stairs.(where you have the option of going from left or right after the first room, go right and then diagonally left across the second room to the brown wall)

If you do it fast enough(the wave of stair guys spawn as soon as you go to the section between the first and second room) you only have to kill the first two guys and maybe one more dude. After that you're upstairs with 25 seconds left to follow your guide.

That level pissed me off. It's still random, but I can probably beat it 1 out of every five tries now. (random guys blocking me and shooting me from behind are still a problem in the top floor) That p90 really thins out the last hall, and then switch to your mp5 to finish anyone else as you run by.
cowpie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:14 AM   #85
Altimus

After many attempts I am done for tonight. Had two really close ones, the last one really hurt. Ran through to the end, killed the first guy and I thought I killed the second when I died! The camera focused on my killer and he is in last stand mode. Man those double doors were so close!

Next time I get to the end, if I have time I'm going to put my whole clip to make sure.

My biggest problem though is once I hit the second floor I get anxious and start rushing.
Altimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:15 AM   #86
Shredpirate

If I end up shooting the vip will I have to start the whole level over again?
Shredpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 11:51 AM   #87
daninthemix

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
My problem with all the videos of this level are that it's a bit like watching a video of Tiger Woods playing golf. THat don't necessarily make you a world-class golfer able to do the things he does.

daninthemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 11:55 AM   #88
daninthemix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister X View Post

ROLL #1:

ROLL #2:

ROLL #3:

ROLL #4:
This is all so true. Particularly getting hung up - that happens all the time. Why bother having that in the game? It's not exactly realistic is it? You don't run on the spot because a single thread of your t-shirt is making contact with a wall?

THe other thing is, blinded people obstructing you. Again, it's run on the spot time. Why couldn't you automatically knee/kick them out of the way?

Old 11-25-2007, 09:49 AM   #89
skizmcniz

skizmcniz's Gamercard
After trying for 7(yes 7) hours, I've come to the conclusion that I will never beat this fucking mission. I've tried every strategy I've come across so far and I have yet to finish this shit. I've made it to that faggot VIP once in 7 hours. JUST ONCE. I'm one of those people who gets super angry at video games, like in the video posted previously. I've broken an ottoman, a controller, and scared the living shit out of my dog when I through a book against the wall. I seriously doubt I will ever beat this mission and it makes me want to burn my 360 and pis on the fucking ashes. Fuck this mission, and Fuck Call of Duty.

Retail Completed: Madden 06, Scene It? LCA, skate, Call of Duty 4

Arcade Completed: Pocketbike Racer, Uno
skizmcniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 10:01 AM   #90
daninthemix

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizmcniz View Post
After trying for 7(yes 7) hours, I've come to the conclusion that I will never beat this fucking mission. I've tried every strategy I've come across so far and I have yet to finish this shit. I've made it to that faggot VIP once in 7 hours. JUST ONCE. I'm one of those people who gets super angry at video games, like in the video posted previously. I've broken an ottoman, a controller, and scared the living shit out of my dog when I through a book against the wall. I seriously doubt I will ever beat this mission and it makes me want to burn my 360 and pis on the fucking ashes. Fuck this mission, and Fuck Call of Duty.
I hear you!

Leave it, go away and play something you enjoy. Every now and then, you can pop in CoD4 and give it another shot or 10, but limit it to 10 minutes or so that way you won't go nuts.