PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-12-2009, 04:59 PM   #991
MelangeAddict

melangeaddict's Gamercard
So, I popped this back in to see how I did on MP and realized that I didn't have New Squadron Record or Mile High Club. after a few hours I got the former but after trying over and over all night long I still cannot get the latter. I can barely get to the hostage. Everytime I flash the first room the fuckers get in my goddamn way and I can't run past them before they shake the flash off and shoot me in the back.

I hate this damn level.

"You know where the word 'slave' came from? Originally? There was some black guy being a 'slave' so they called him a 'slave'" Louis C.K. with Huck Finn changes in order to not overstep forum lines.
MelangeAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:08 PM   #992
Ninja Kaspyr 83

Ninja Kaspyr 83's Gamercard
just keep in mind for the most part when you advance, your team will more then likely take care of any hostiles that are behind you....flash the first room, move forward, flash that room, run up stairs, flash the second room then hallway, and haul ass...

Ninja Kaspyr 83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:09 PM   #993
Ninja Kaspyr 83

try to save at least 2 flashes for upstairs...if you can do that just get yur rythm down and you should have it within the first couple hours...

Old 12-13-2009, 12:31 AM   #994
MelangeAddict

For anyone who thinks that skill is 95% of this level, you are fucking full of shit.
If it was about skill and not luck then when I used a flash the enemies would all be fucking staggering and I wouldn't have some one hiding behind a chair 1/2 the time or blocking my fucking path. If it wasn't luck that first guy wouldn't sometimes shoot me on the way down. The first shotgun guy wouldn't somehow enter Last Stand 1/4 of the time. If it was skill the layout of the AI would be the same constantly, I wouldn't get to the top floor thinking okay there was two guys here and now suddenly there is 4.

Congrats, all of you who got it are extremely lucky. This level is nothing about skill or memorization since it fucking changes all the fucking time.

"You know where the word 'slave' came from? Originally? There was some black guy being a 'slave' so they called him a 'slave'" Louis C.K. with Huck Finn changes in order to not overstep forum lines.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:51 AM   #995
MelangeAddict

Fuck this achievement, fuck IW and fuck every one of you for being able to pull this shit off. I've tried everything and still cannot get it. This is the only thing keeping me from the full 1000 and it's pissing me right the fuck off. If I could I'd pay somebody to fucking do this or I'd just cheat somehow. If i didn't think I could get a few dollars trade in I'd have snapped this fucking cunt game into pieces by now.

It's not possible, it cannot be fucking done.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:19 PM   #996
Ninja Kaspyr 83

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelangeAddict View Post
Fuck this achievement, fuck IW and fuck every one of you for being able to pull this shit off. I've tried everything and still cannot get it. This is the only thing keeping me from the full 1000 and it's pissing me right the fuck off. If I could I'd pay somebody to fucking do this or I'd just cheat somehow. If i didn't think I could get a few dollars trade in I'd have snapped this fucking cunt game into pieces by now.

It's not possible, it cannot be fucking done.
you know what bro i was in the same boat took me almost a year to get it, after throwin my controller countless times, after just not even playin the game for months because of how aggrivated i was...but check it, patience and yes skill is how to obtain it....

it is possible, obviously, i have it, but it wasnt easy i say fuck all the people out there who said it was....

it just requires patience that all man, thats all...

Old 12-13-2009, 10:23 PM   #997
MelangeAddict

Okay, so now that I was calmed down a little and slept off my fury I was gonna spend a couple hours trying again. After I watched some Dollhouse and had some coffee. Bad idea, I had too much coffee. Yeah, having the caffeine jitters does not help on this mission.
I can sometimes get to the stairs with about 30 secs left and to the hallway quick enough but the guy hiding behind the seats in the room after the flashbangs gets me or somebody in the hallway does. A couple times I rushed past them only to get to the door and see "Ah, too slow. Plane exploded. You suck!"

Old 12-14-2009, 07:26 AM   #998
Ninja Kaspyr 83

youre close....

i can feel it....

Old 12-14-2009, 11:24 AM   #999
Gor1lla

gor1lla the one's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Started the level yesterday and i love it
I still dont have the achievement, but it is fun to flash and rush and shoot and pew pew...
However, I managed to get to the hostage 2-3 times by now and the hardest part for me is to headshot the terrorist. Is there a trick to get nearer or smth?

Edit: Nevermind, i got it =)

Third in Germany to 1000 Batman: AA
First in Germany to 1000 Batman: AC

Last edited by Gor1lla; 12-14-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Gor1lla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:13 PM   #1000
Ninja Kaspyr 83

no you cannot get closer, but if you wait till almost the last second, you should have a clear shot, just keep your gun in one general place and wait till its clear to shoot...

Old 12-14-2009, 07:34 PM   #1001
Ninja Kaspyr 83

even tho i already have it ima beat again just so i can stay on point, feel me...

Old 12-14-2009, 09:23 PM   #1002
MelangeAddict

Show offs

Old 12-15-2009, 01:26 PM   #1003
Gor1lla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Kaspyr 83 View Post
no you cannot get closer, but if you wait till almost the last second, you should have a clear shot, just keep your gun in one general place and wait till its clear to shoot...
Thats how i got him

btw what achievements are on the top of your avatar pic?

Old 12-15-2009, 07:04 PM   #1004
Ninja Kaspyr 83

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gor1lla View Post
Thats how i got him

btw what achievements are on the top of your avatar pic?
from left to right, top to bottom:

1. Inhuman Achievement (GH3)
2. Two For One (Halo 3)
3. Star 69 (CoD: MW2)
4. Mile High (CoD: MW1)

Old 12-15-2009, 07:06 PM   #1005
Ninja Kaspyr 83

my most prized cheevos!

Old 12-16-2009, 03:57 AM   #1006
Tylosargerchia

FLEEBS's Gamercard
I just got the achieve. Thanks a ton. With your guide I ended up trying a few different things. Not exactly the same as you, but your guide helped me think different which ended up being enough to beat it.

I got to the VIP, shot once and missed, shot twice and missed, but third time was a charm and blew his flippin' head off. It was awesome, and I screamed. Pretty cool also since that was the one and only time I made it to the VIP.

Thanks again.
Tylosargerchia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:19 AM   #1007
onemorechanc

onemorechanc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
I have to disagree with you here ... you can get closer. Use the "A" button to jump while pushing forward. I think I shot the hostage three or four times until I discovered that I could jump. I think there might be enough time for two jumps, but one was all I needed.
onemorechanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:48 AM   #1008
MelangeAddict

I hate you all

p.s. not really I'm just jealous because I am having such a hard time with it.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:28 AM   #1009
Gor1lla

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorechanc View Post
I have to disagree with you here ... you can get closer. Use the "A" button to jump while pushing forward. I think I shot the hostage three or four times until I discovered that I could jump. I think there might be enough time for two jumps, but one was all I needed.
Too late for me, but good for others =)

Old 12-16-2009, 01:44 PM   #1010
Ninja Kaspyr 83

but hey what ever works right...

i try to tell people there really isnt a walkthrough for this it really does come down to skill...and sometimes luck...

Old 12-16-2009, 05:00 PM   #1011
Gor1lla

Quote:
but hey what ever works right...

i try to tell people there really isnt a walkthrough for this it really does come down to skill...and sometimes luck...
True, i watched many yt vids, even before i lend the game. Everyone used different spots to cover and i tried many to see which matches best for me.

Old 12-17-2009, 03:58 AM   #1012
Ninja Kaspyr 83

ya its a bitch, but patience, wow, patience is def the key for beatin it...

Old 12-20-2009, 06:27 PM   #1013
dpx

Rollin Rizlas's Gamercard
Quote:
Below is the video posted by Ze Alpaca, because it NEEDS TO BE SEEN.

http://www.youtube.com/v/TuyHwGjLjfg&rel
With this vid took me 20 min to get it. with the vid in guide i wasted 5hrs...

definately use this strat if you want to get it painfree (i had over 10 sec to spare by VIP)

Looking to play/boost:
L4D2 (Legit/Glitched Expert lvls)
Brink...lol

Send me a FR w/ msg to play!
GT: Rollin Rizlas
dpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:41 AM   #1014
Sweating Bullets

I have been trying on and off for this achievement for the last few days.
Made it to the hostage situation this morning for the first time and accidentally hit the hostage in the head. Grr.

By and large the whole mission isn't too bad for me but just that last hallway is giving me massive headaches. Anyone have any pointers that have not been discussed in this thread?

I can usually get to the new set of flashbangs with about 15 seconds left at a minimum and best case I have about 23 seconds.
Sweating Bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:17 PM   #1015
Sweating Bullets

Hell yeah!! I just got it!! I was aiming to have it completed post Christmas! This is all levels of awesome.
Sweating Bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 04:45 PM   #1016
exm

Exterminator M's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelangeAddict View Post
I hate you all

p.s. not really I'm just jealous because I am having such a hard time with it.
I had a smile on my face reading your post. That's EXACTLY how I felt trying to get this achievement. It took me about 3 days and it requires practice, skills and luck. See my sig below how I feel about this achievement

Don't give up. You'll get it.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:08 AM   #1017
AcidxxReign

Pb Zepplin's Gamercard
I just got it, pretty much using this guide. I spent about 2 hours on it, however it should have been 10 minutes...the 5th or 6th run I had I accidentally shot the target. Then about 20 minutes later I did the same thing...then an hour and a half later I FINALLY did it right.

Anyway, after you go up the stairs throw a flashbang through the door immediately, let the squad take out the people in the actual room. Go in, flail around with the MP5, then of course finish. Just a suggestion; takes off like 3 seconds I think.
AcidxxReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:05 AM   #1018
Lebotus

Lebotus's Gamercard
I managed to get the achievement aswell. Here's how I did it:

At first I just ran past the guy coming from the toilet, took the right path and gunned down the guy at the first room with my MP5. Then I threw a flashbang, ran and gunned down as much as I could with the remaining bullets in the magazine. I reached the first set of chairs on the right, switched to my pistol and took down a couple of enemies to my left. The rest of the SAS took care of the remaining enemies. Here I took the P90 from the enemy who had died at the rightmost benches where I was taking cover. I killed the guys guarding the entrance to the second room with the P90.

I again chose the right path, throwing a flashbang at the enemies while I dashed towards the wall on the right. Then when my fellow SAS came in, I ran across the room to the left side where's that wooden table(?) is. Covering behind it is an awesome tactic as it lets your friends take care of the enemies. I stood up and killed the enemies running from upstairs. First floor cleared, I reloaded my P90 and ran quickly to the second floor. 24 seconds left at this point

Here I chose the left path, flashbanging the room as I climbed the stairs and quickly cleared the room with my little helpers. I just ran forward and shot at everything that moved. I grabbed the additional flashbangs on the table at the second area, the table is on the left side. I just flashbanged the hell out of the next area, ran past most of the enemies that were blinded. Had to knife one. After the tight corridor you come to the last room before taking the shot at the hostage taker. There was one enemy there but me and him just ran past each other. I reached the place where you have to shoot the guy in the head with something like 1,5 seconds left. Took the shot with no problem and TA-DA, that was it.

So damn glad.

Lebotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:01 PM   #1019
Chuckwagon00

Chuckwagon00's Gamercard
i watched the video from the link at the beginning of the thread and got it on my first try! i have been trying for months and damn near lost what little sanity i have left trying to get that damn 20 point cheevo! by moving up as quickly as he did in the video, it seemed as though there were less enemy spawns. also picking up the shotgun early on and using it instead of the MP5 also seemed to help since it killed anyone in one hit. it's a tough one, but keep grinding out there and you'll get it too!
Chuckwagon00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:50 PM   #1020
Maximus 1482

Maximus 1482's Gamercard
after 6 plus hours over 2 days I GOT IT! VICTORY!

can't believe 20g can make u feel so good!

Mile High Sucka!
Maximus 1482 is offline   Reply With Quote