PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-13-2011, 07:29 PM   #1231
grayvsgrey

commando 274's Gamercard
I even played through the whole game on Veteran JUST TO TRY TO IMPROVE ENOUGH TO BEAT THIS SUCKER but still can't... I'll try following your walkthrough though, and thank you.

I hate this achievement, but I gotta say, I also kinda love it because of how challenging it is. When I finally get it, I may just retire from video gaming forever, as that would be the pinnacle.
grayvsgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:15 PM   #1232
UnderGroundKng

Big Hot Steve's Gamercard
this has happened to me 3 time and and my dogs all ran into a corner!
UnderGroundKng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:11 AM   #1233
DJEYBLACK

Mr Black GX's Gamercard
i finally got the freaking achievement lol

Last edited by DJEYBLACK; 10-16-2011 at 04:37 AM.
DJEYBLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:43 PM   #1234
Aaron15

L AZZAA L's Gamercard
Knife the first person, switch to pistol, shoot person in right, throw flashbang rush to the chairs, pick his P90 up and spray everyone, run over to the left and hide behind the chairs in the left section, throw claymore and rush forward to the piece of wood and let your teammates kill them all, go up the stairs (right) and throw a flashbang, hide behind the chairs on the left and shoot everyone, go over to the right and shoot any remaining, rush behind the door and kill anyone sitting on the other side of the wall, then throw another flashbang and spray some people, run to the corridor and there is a little gap on the left to hide in. Pick the shotgun up and shoot the last 1/2 people. Then when you need to shoot at the end continue running until 0.5 seconds and the shot will be easy.

I done Mile High for the first time today, took me about half an hour, I didn't find it too hard to be honest .
Aaron15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:08 PM   #1235
TheGreenxRanger

TheGreenxRanger's Gamercard
probably one i will never get
TheGreenxRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:02 AM   #1236
JOSHcoops34

KiDLUCiF3R's Gamercard
probably been said already but i just had enough, sat back with my pistol and beat it? aim for the head and your good to go? IMO it now seemed easier as you didnt have to find a gun etc.
JOSHcoops34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:56 AM   #1237
SpinalSynopsis

SpinalSynopsis's Gamercard
I gave up on this last achievement of the game about 2 years ago and traded the game in. Just got it from Gamefly and beat it after about my 8th attempt on veteran. Lemme tell you, I've never been happier or more stoked about it!!! Never again.......never again.

SpinalSynopsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:25 AM   #1238
thereefernander

thereefernander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Picked this game back up from Craigslist for $5 yesterday just to get this achievement. Low and behold I find a video that gives me a good enough guide to get it in less than 20 or 30 minutes. From HOURS of previous tries a few years ago. It's funny to see a timestamp jump from '08 to '11. :P

Last edited by thereefernander; 10-07-2011 at 08:27 AM.
thereefernander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:00 AM   #1239
Evil Submariner

SzO PROMTHEUS's Gamercard
GOD this took forever, i always either missed the hostage, or my team was too slow. Finally got it after like 2 hours. Awesome i was so proud!!
Evil Submariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:15 AM   #1240
StarHawk009

STARHAWK009's Gamercard
this was one of my favorite accomplishement for a shooter
StarHawk009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:37 PM   #1241
cjhurt73

m1st3rxblack's Gamercard
Smile

Definately a hard cheevo to get I played for 2 hrs last nite and 10 min this morning before finally getting it. Wow!!! becomes easier and easier once you learn where enemies are... Last nite got to end and killed hostage twice, lol, so frustrating...today tho 1000GS
cjhurt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:02 PM   #1242
UnbrokenDragar

UnbrokenDragar's Gamercard
It took me hours to get this achievement, i cant believe they put is a 20g, it should be like 50g!
UnbrokenDragar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:45 AM   #1243
acgoodspeed

Acgoodspeed's Gamercard
took me hours to get this achievement! at one point i shot the hostage :O
acgoodspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:14 PM   #1244
Invincible25x

invincible25x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEYBLACK View Post
i finally got the freaking achievement lol
Haha, congratulations. This was by far the hardest achievement to get in the Modern Warfare series. My brother still hasn't gotten it yet either (but to be fair, he pretty much gave up after an hour of trying, years ago).
Invincible25x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:26 PM   #1245
xDarQx

xdarqx's Gamercard
w00t!

Finally got my 1000g on CoD4.(Mile High was the final one ofc.) It may have shaved a couple of days off my life due to stress, but it sure is nice to finally have it Took me about 2 hours. One hostage kill when I finally got there..

Just had to share it with someone ^^
xDarQx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:51 AM   #1246
Jedi ObiJoe

Jedi Obijoe's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
YES! YES! YES!!!!! Finally after all this time - I finally got this dam achievement!!! Hit 100K with it too - super sweet!!!

Hit 100,000 GS on 12/22/2011 with Mile High Club - thanks to all the boosters and this great site.

Looking to Boost: Bioshock 2, Ghostbusters, Quantum of Solace, GTA IV Multiplayer, Halo Reach DLC

Message me on XBox Live if you need an extra player for any of those.
Jedi ObiJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:05 AM   #1247
Clevige

Clevige's Gamercard
i beat it for a friend with eleven seconds to spare no joke i beat the youtube video he watched me do it i did it for many people but not like i did for him its about skill
Clevige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:52 AM   #1248
Ninjajohnny

Ninjajohnny09's Gamercard
OMG! This is the most frustrating achievement ever!
Ninjajohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:28 AM   #1249
VinnyMac6

Dr Gonzo 815's Gamercard
Talking

Finally! Finally earned this today! So relieved...

VinnyMac6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:35 AM   #1250
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
You can't really write a guide on something that comes down to precision. Well, okay, you could and it can be used, but if take a split second to aim or forgot to sprint as soon as you can, you'll be out of sync.

I found if easy to play it on lower difficulties. When I was happy with what I did, I would go up one difficulty. I played on Hardened for a good 2 hours and died a lot of times, but the one time I did pass it, I went to Veteran and kept to it until the bastard unlocked.

Took me a solid 2 weeks (over 14 hours of gameplay) to 100% the game. I think it was worth it.

iBuzz7S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #1251
JimCant

JimCant's Gamercard
I just got this yesterday!! Took me about 50 tries. I used the Youtube video that is on the achievement guide for this game.

Suggestions from me would be to sprint immediately from the start and ignore the guy in the bathroom. Let your teammates kill him (every once in awhile they dont kill him and you die but its early on so no big deal). Take out pistol while sprinting and once you enter the door way on the left shoot the one guy in the head and throw a flash bang over the chairs in front of you. The first guy you killed with your pistol has a shotgun (replace pistol with shotgun as this gun does serious and helpful damage in this level) Do not stop after you throw the flash (all like 5 or 6 bad guys should be stunned). Shoot your gun on the right side of the wall to kill the one bad guy hiding behind it. Then kill the 1 or 2 guys to the left of the guy hiding behind the wall. You can actually hid in this mini corridor and not get shot while reloading your gun and waiting for your team to catch up to you. Throw a flashbang into middle of next room and then run all the way to the left where the plane starts to blow up and lay down (this way your team will enter the room and out and take our remaining bad guys in this room while you hide and reload weapon) ---- To me this part of the level took me the most to master. Once I mastered this and went up the stairs with 28-35 secs left in the mission I was good to go. The rest of the level is not too bad just throw all your flash bangs and use your shotgun. When you get close to the end just throw 1 final flash bang and then just sprint to the hostage.

Hope this helps out. Just try and not get toooo frustrated. I got to the end once and shot the hostage and lost! Took me about 20 mins to get back to the same point and this time I did not miss!
JimCant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:39 PM   #1252
JakeDoran

JPJD CoD's Gamercard
Mile High Ach

The way i got the achievement was to use my flashbangs effectively. Basically if you are against 3+ hostiles flash 'em. After a few tries you get used to when and where to throw them and can go for a timed run.
JakeDoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #1253
xXVanitasXx

xXVanitasXx's Gamercard
A true pain in the butt mission...
xXVanitasXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #1254
ADAMS No2

ADAMS No1's Gamercard
4 straight hours of replaying this bloody mission to finally get it and it felt real good. I wouldn't say it was so much the difficulty that was a problem but more the unfairness of the damn thing, no 2 runs would ever be the same for me. If I did fantastic in the first half I'd get random killed by the 1 guy at the end who was imune to flash bangs! etc etc.
ADAMS No2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:07 AM   #1255
nffcparker

Send a message via Skype™ to nffcparker

lll parker lll's Gamercard
It's easy after about 5 practise runs
nffcparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #1256
Skorpion XBA
Guide Team

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   The Helping Hand   Staff Club - Skorpion XBA   Green Thumb - Emerald   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 39 (more» ...)
I can't believe there is a thread about this. I've tried SO many times for this achievement and failed. I gotta close many times but just can't seem to get this one.

I've seen the YouTube video too. That dude didn't get lucky, he's just really good at it. You can tell by his movement and how he lines his flash bang shots up. Wish I had that skill.
Skorpion XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #1257
Ninja Kaspyr 83

Ninja Kaspyr 83's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Ravisher View Post
I can't believe there is a thread about this. I've tried SO many times for this achievement and failed. I gotta close many times but just can't seem to get this one.

I've seen the YouTube video too. That dude didn't get lucky, he's just really good at it. You can tell by his movement and how he lines his flash bang shots up. Wish I had that skill.
same happened to me bro. i couldnt get and after countless hours of trying it over and over and watching youtube vids, i finally got it. once you know the pattern and how to execute it, youll get it, and more then once. i go thru at least once a month and do the MHC just to keep my skills fresh. (so yes i have now done it multplie times)

dont worry youll get it....

Ninja Kaspyr 83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:27 AM   #1258
masterchiefP

kimmerg's Gamercard
Getting this achievement sucked. It required lots of patience, skill, and of course, luck. My advice is to get those flashbang placements worked down to a science. If you get the flashbbang perfect on the last hallway, you'll be able to sprint through and only kill like two guys, which is how I got the cheevo. Good luck to those still going for it.
masterchiefP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:14 PM   #1259
MattMoses

mattmoses's Gamercard
I did it in about 45 minutes. Had to play it through a shitload of times to learn every enemy spawn, every flashbang spot and where to reload. Very frustrating but a great sense of accomplishment for beating it. Still, some of the WaW Veteran stuff was harder than this.
MattMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:56 AM   #1260
IcePack04

IcePack04's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbrokenDragar View Post
It took me hours to get this achievement, i cant believe they put is a 20g, it should be like 50g!
No kidding!! This one still eluding me...
IcePack04 is offline   Reply With Quote