PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Community Gaming
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #1
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
Game of the Week: April 29 - May 5 (Texas Hold'em)

The game of the week for April 29 - May 5 is Texas Hold'em. If you are interested in playing with x360a members, feel free to post in this thread and/or just drop into a game throughout the week. Staff members will be creating rooms off and on during the week, but feel free to create your own x360a room and set it to open.

If you plan on hosting a session, please post in this thread so that people can join you! If you are joining a session, make sure you tell the host you are from x360a.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.

Last edited by Creech; 04-23-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:45 PM   #2
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
WHY NOT Full House Poker?!?!?!?!?!?!

Old 04-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #3
Capn Doug
Community and Events Lead

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 50 (more» ...)
Another game that I really need to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
WHY NOT Full House Poker?!?!?!?!?!?!
Because Full House Poker is not completable.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:53 PM   #4
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post
Another game that I really need to start.

Because Full House Poker is not completable.
so wait....games are picked based on their achievements?

Old 04-23-2013, 10:23 PM   #5
Barad
Flibbertigibbet

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Fuck all
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I can't play any type of cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Wow. I'm a fucking dumbass.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #6
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Quote:
so wait....games are picked based on their achievements?
Nope, not at all. Capn Doug was expressing an opinion, but he has nothing to do with the game selection. I am pretty sure I posted my methodology, and it had nothing to do with achievements.

On the other hand, why encourage people to play games that the developer screwed up or made overly restrictive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
May I ask why?

Old 04-24-2013, 07:00 PM   #7
Barad
Flibbertigibbet

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post

May I ask why?
I simply don't know how to, never bothered learning. I always get confused with cards.

Quote:

Old 04-24-2013, 11:03 PM   #8
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Nope, not at all. Capn Doug was expressing an opinion, but he has nothing to do with the game selection. I am pretty sure I posted my methodology, and it had nothing to do with achievements.

On the other hand, why encourage people to play games that the developer screwed up or made overly restrictive?

May I ask why?
Good point...not sure why they felt the need to have DLC with time limits on them. I just think Full house looks better.

Quote:
I simply don't know how to, never bothered learning. I always get confused with cards.
Hold'em is easy to learn and fun to play. I think you can play the Full House Demo with people who have the full game, so I can talk you through the game so you learn.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #9
Barad
Flibbertigibbet

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:

Hold'em is easy to learn and fun to play. I think you can play the Full House Demo with people who have the full game, so I can talk you through the game so you learn.
If I don't have to buy the game then for sure I can give this a try.

Quote:

Old 04-26-2013, 03:49 PM   #10
Xtowers

Xtowers's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Oooh. I have this game. I should participate.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:53 AM   #11
Purple Hooter
Banned User

Purple Hooter's Gamercard
Quote:
We'd be glad to show you; unfortunately I dont have this XBLA game.

I do have full house poker though
Old 04-29-2013, 12:44 PM   #12
Capn Doug

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3
So what time are we getting together? I should be free anytime after 3pm Pacific.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:30 PM   #13
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
I should be available starting Tuesday evening. I will be posting here each time I'm logging in this week for those who wish to give me their money.

Look forward to some sessions this week since I've been away the last couple.

Change is inevitable.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:14 PM   #14
Obsolete XBA
Master of Bacon (the cat)

Send a message via MSN to Obsolete XBA Send a message via Skype™ to Obsolete XBA

Obsolete XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 3   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Just got it, so I'm in for some hands. My timezone is GMT+2
Old 04-30-2013, 11:18 PM   #15
Grifter Reborn

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
I'm now gracing XBL with my presence. Those who wish to witness this historic moment, feel free to message me for an invite.

Taking off a bit early tonight, but don't fret... I shall return! Most likely tomorrow night!

And a big thanks for all the entertainment on my first night back. Plenty of laughs to go around!

Change is inevitable.

Last edited by Grifter Reborn; 05-01-2013 at 02:05 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:03 AM   #16
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter Reborn View Post
I'm now gracing XBL with my presence. Those who wish to witness this historic moment, feel free to message me for an invite.
I dont have this game....but I think I just might want to be in your party just for the epic-ness.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:09 AM   #17
Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter   Submit - Platinum   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Depending on the work week and weekend stuff, I might be able to hop on for a game or two Saturday night or Sunday night. So count me in.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:48 PM   #18
Grifter Reborn

Back by popular demand, Grifter is once again expected to make an appearance on XBL shortly! Don't miss out on this incredible experience!

After an hour of gaming with the A.I., Grifter has decided to move on to more excitement elsewhere. Don't worry, more Grifter appearances are slated before this event is over.

Change is inevitable.

Last edited by Grifter Reborn; 05-02-2013 at 01:04 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:44 AM   #19
Capn Doug

I was just sitting there playing scenarios. Didn't have my laptop beside me to see that you were on, unfortunately.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:33 AM   #20
Corrupt.

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 48 (more» ...)
I'll be on at some point this week. Just need this hangover to go...

Currently Working on: TY The Tasmanian Tiger (W8)

If anybody can help me with the 50 challenges on TY, then let me know. I will be so very grateful!
Old 05-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #21
Grifter Reborn

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages; x360a proudly presents to you the most enjoyable person on Xbox Live!!!

The one everyone loves! The reason to join party chats!

GRIFTER X360A!!!!

(cheesy intro aside, I'll be on most of the day, so send a message if you wanna play or just shoot the shit )

Change is inevitable.

Old 05-05-2013, 12:48 AM   #22
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

How are games doing? I haven't loaded it up this week, but should be on for a bit tomorrow.

Old 05-05-2013, 02:48 AM   #23
Grifter Reborn

Quote:
How are games doing? I haven't loaded it up this week, but should be on for a bit tomorrow.
Meh. Was on for about 8 hours today and only spoke to 2 people and played with 1. I'm off now, but will be on some more tomorrow. They've been fun both times I had people join in, but the turnout hasn't been great.

Change is inevitable.

Old 05-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #24
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Meh. Was on for about 8 hours today and only spoke to 2 people and played with 1. I'm off now, but will be on some more tomorrow. They've been fun both times I had people join in, but the turnout hasn't been great.
well....an old card game just isn't exciting.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:09 PM   #25
Grifter Reborn

Quote:
well....an old card game just isn't exciting.
True. However for me it's more about the atmosphere. You can play card games with a group of friends at home or go to a casino. In my experience home is more fun because it's relaxed and more about the conversations, bullshitting, joking, etc. To me the party chat is the setting that should make it exciting. Some games should be the center of attention because they require it. Others are more casual and laid back. For instance, when we (ambassadors) did our custom games for Halo 4 awhile back the maps and gametypes were the focus. However the party/in-game chats were over the top and fun too. Dunno if that made any sense. I'm still getting my morning caffeine.

In any case, I'm about to hop on XBL. Once again, anyone who wishes to visit or play feel free to message me for an invite.

Change is inevitable.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #26
Spanish Assault

Quote:
True. However for me it's more about the atmosphere. You can play card games with a group of friends at home or go to a casino. In my experience home is more fun because it's relaxed and more about the conversations, bullshitting, joking, etc. To me the party chat is the setting that should make it exciting. Some games should be the center of attention because they require it. Others are more casual and laid back. For instance, when we (ambassadors) did our custom games for Halo 4 awhile back the maps and gametypes were the focus. However the party/in-game chats were over the top and fun too. Dunno if that made any sense. I'm still getting my morning caffeine.

In any case, I'm about to hop on XBL. Once again, anyone who wishes to visit or play feel free to message me for an invite.
Only because I was there....that's why I understood what you said.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:06 PM   #27
Grifter Reborn

While I did visit with a couple of people on Sunday, no one wanted to play the game. I guess it's now Crackdown 2, which I don't have, so I guess I'm on vacation this week.

Change is inevitable.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:07 PM   #28
TemporalWizard
Guide Team

TemporalWizard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
I wish I had been able to participate more this week, but unfortunately real life got in the way. The one time I got to play was great!
Old 05-07-2013, 12:19 AM   #29
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Closing this one down...

Closed Thread