PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Defiance
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-16-2013, 01:28 AM   #1
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Defiance FAQ

If you have a specific question, ask it here! I will do my best to answer them promptly (along with other community members here). In addition to questions, I will attempt to keep the first post updated with whatever Defiance events are currently active.

What's new this week in Defiance?

- August 20, 2013: Castithan Charge Pack (DLC #1) - http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/08/13/castithan-charge-pack-dlc-is-coming-august-20th/ - The first Defiance DLC pack will be out on August 20th. Included with the DLC is Patch 1.027 (see post #2).

A few features of the DLC pack:
  • Play as a Castithan (you can even convert your current character if you’d like!)
  • Battle against the Volge in massive Siege battles
  • Access new Battle Arenas and earn a Castithan Blade reward
  • Duel other players in best-of-three matches
  • Drive the Raptor Truck, Defiance’s first 4-player vehicle
  • Fight with the new charge weapons, including pistols, shotguns, and sniper rifles
  • Plus: new pursuits, new story lines, and more
Questions:

Where can I find out information about the newest events or what is going on in the game world?
- I recommend checking the Defiance Community Blog as they always update it with helpful tips in addition to when new events and patches are coming.

I need help with a current contract, data recorder, pursuit, etc.
- Try visiting Defiance Data as the site is updated daily and community members contribute methods and information for everything.

I can't seem to connect. The servers are down. When is the next maintenance/patch?
- Everything related to server status and patching can be found at the official Defiance Server Status forum.

What is scrip? Bits? Salvage? Keycodes?
- Scrip is the in-game currency that you earn for completing missions, killing enemies, races, rampages, etc. You can use it to buy weapons, shields, grenades, and vehicles.
- Bits are a type of currency bought with MSP. You can use it on in-game boosts, special vehicles, special outfits, inventory slots, etc.
- Salvage is earned the same way scrip is in addition to breaking down items. It is used to purchase keycodes, add mods and mod slots, etc.
- Keycodes are earned for completing co-op maps, arkfalls, sieges, etc and can be bought using salvage. They are used to purchase lockboxes which range from Tier 2 to Tier 4 and contain 2 to 4 items of varying rarity depending on the tier purchased.

Where do I find the black Duni?
- It is a special sale item at vehicle vendors. This video shows spawn locations for the black Duni along with information for unlocking other vehicles:

Where are the secret vendors?
- There are a few locations on the map. This video will provide directions and locations of each:

I bought the Ultimate Edition. Where is my season pass?
- It is included in the code from the back of the instruction manual. You will download a file called "Defiance Ultimate Edition" which contains the season pass, digital items, bits, and boosts. If you have the Hellbug cap for your character, you have the season pass.

What happened to the episode missions? They are gone!
- The episode missions were removed before the first episode aired (Trion made this known with information on the news section when choosing your character). Think of it like this: the characters in those missions moved to St. Louis for the TV show, so they are no longer in San Francisco to give you missions. From time to time Trion will announce that episode missions will be back for a limited time.

Where can I get a legendary (orange) weapon?
- The only place I have heard of to get legendary (orange) weapons is through lockboxes using keycodes/scrip or using bits. Supposedly, your chances of getting a legendary are higher when you purchase a tier 4 lockbox, but I have received a legendary from a tier 3.

Do boosts stack by time or percentage?
- Boosts only stack by time.

What do each of the nano effects do? What are the symbols for each nano effect?
- Here is the information transcribed from Nano Effect Symbols guide on the Defiance forums:
Quote:
Toxicity

EFFECT: Increases damage done to the affected target by 20%

Electrical

EFFECT: Stuns target and enemies near target, also shorts out HUD.

Incendiary

EFFECT: Burns the enemy, dealing damage over time. Also, causes NPC's to panic.

Biological

EFFECT: Slows enemies movement and decreases their damage dealt.

Radiation

EFFECT: Makes target vulnerable and increases the damage they take.

Syphon

EFFECT: When the effect is triggered, it will heal the players HP, or shield should the player have max HP. When the effect occurs you will hear a sound and a few seconds later around ~450 damage will be applied to the target and you will be healed.
How do I change the chat to area, clan, group, etc.?
- You can hit down on the D-pad to cycle through the different chat areas. You can also hit left on the D-pad and choose the full chat window option to be able to cycle through every type of chat.

Where can I find a map of the Defiance world? Of all the locations?
- IGN has a huge interactive Defiance map that has location markers and information on story and side missions, data recorders, merchants, hotshots, rampages, etc.

What are these new Sieges?
- Sieges are the newest open world PvE event to be added to the game. They appear on the map much like Arkfalls: greenish blue circles that surround the Siege symbol. Currently, there are no sieges in the game as they were only part of the episodic Plague content. However, the first DLC should include more sieges.

Arkfall codes? What are those? Where do I enter them?
- Arkfall codes were hidden around the internet and in videos before Defiance was released. They can be redeemed on your account for free items, skill boosts, titles, perks, inventory slots, and more. To redeem the codes, go to My EGO. For a full list of codes, visit Defiance Arkfall Codes.

How does weapon leveling work? How does vehicle leveling work?
- Each weapon has its own XP bar. Filling this bar contributes XP to the weapon skill. The more weapons of the same type you level, the higher your weapon level will be! As your EGO increases, the amount of weapon XP you can earn per level also increases (as long as you continue to get new weapons with EGO ratings that match your EGO rating). However, you also have to earn more XP per weapon level so it takes more weapons to gain one weapon level. Going from 19 to 20 can take more than 6 full weapons worth of XP.
- Vehicle leveling is easier. Just drive! As you drive, you'll slowly build vehicle XP towards the next vehicle level. Doing things like big jumps and spins will earn you a nice chunk of XP all at once.

Last edited by xhunterrrr; 08-16-2013 at 11:49 PM.
xhunterrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:29 AM   #2
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Most title update notes:
Quote:
August 14, 2013 Title Update

For those of you that like the details, we have included changes that are going into this Xbox 360 specific patcher update.

Patch Notes:
  • Preparing for the DLC release!
  • Users can now select their region (NA or EU) prior to connecting.
  • Background music will now play while the game patches.
  • Fixed a case where the patcher reports "Critical Error" and requires a reset or reinstall.
Most recent patch notes:
Quote:
Patch 1.027 - Draft Version

Hey guys –

Below are the notes for our first DLC pack. These are the changes that are now live on the Alpha Test Server and are subject to some change before DLC goes fully live later this month.

PLEASE VISIT HERE TO VIEW PATCH 1.027 DRAFT NOTES AS THEY ARE TOO LONG FOR A SINGLE POST.

Last edited by xhunterrrr; 08-16-2013 at 11:54 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:58 PM   #3
Shiftie

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I knew this wasn't going to get used Bump so it does.... at least once, please
Old 04-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #4
MyRifleIsBroken

Sphinx OG's Gamercard
Sticky please, My only question is where can i find the Black Duni roller, not the Dodge but i saw a black version of the buggy looking one

MyRifleIsBroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:31 PM   #5
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRifleIsBroken View Post
Sticky please, My only question is where can i find the Black Duni roller, not the Dodge but i saw a black version of the buggy looking one
I haven't seen a black one, but the flat green one from the secret vendor west of Top-Notch Toolworks looks black to me.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:32 PM   #6
MyRifleIsBroken

Sphinx OG's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
I haven't seen a black one, but the flat green one from the secret vendor west of Top-Notch Toolworks looks black to me.
It's 100% black, i have every single vehicle in the whole game besides this one

MyRifleIsBroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:34 PM   #7
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRifleIsBroken View Post
It's 100% black, i have every single vehicle in the whole game besides this one
I did a little looking around. It sounds like the black one only shows up in vendor special sales.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:37 PM   #8
Giltec

Giltec's Gamercard
Ok, I'm not normally an arsey git about threads being started and what not. Just thought I'd say that from the off, as generally I am not that bothered.

However, I have noticed that people are very quickly jumped upon when starting a new thread that is either a) a duplicate thread that they have recognised themselves b)asks a similar question to someone else or c)posts something in an attempt to help but hasn't quite got the full information in yet.

Why then is a new thread started on the subject of questions when h4mm32 had started a beginner's guide and FAQ thread? Link

Most of the 'specific' questions that people are asking are about things that lots of people are asking or wondering. h4mm32 has made a good start on their thread, it would be useful to continue in that thread rather than start a new one.

Last edited by Giltec; 04-16-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Giltec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #9
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giltec View Post
Ok, I'm not normally an arsey git about threads being started and what not. Just thought I'd say that from the off, as generally I am not that bothered.

However, I have noticed that people are very quickly jumped upon when starting a new thread that is either *a) a duplicate thread that they have recognised themselves* (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...0&postcount=12) b)asks a similar question to someone else or *c)posts something in an attempt to help but hasn't quite got the full information in yet.* (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...0&postcount=12) *Another sneaky link* (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...0&postcount=12).

Why then is a new thread started on the subject of questions when h4mm32 had started a beginner's guide and FAQ thread? Link (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=439404)

Most of the 'specific' questions that people are asking are about things that lots of people are asking or wondering. h4mm32 has made a good start on their thread, it would be useful to continue in that thread rather than start a new one.
I was referring to the ACHIEVEMENT GUIDE and BEGINNER'S GUIDE. This is not a GUIDE. This is meant as a thread to cut down on the number of threads where the topic is something like "where do I find this vehicle" or "where does this quest start." They don't really belong in a beginner's guide as that is to get you acquainted with the game and how certain things work. Plus, no one is actually using that guide for their simple, quick questions. You can attack me all you want with past posts of mine, but it doesn't change the fact that simple questions need a simple thread so we don't have a million topics asking where to find certain items or how to complete a specific quest or any of the dozen or so threads I've seen in the past few days.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:45 PM   #10
JasonBlade

I JAS0N BLAD3 I's Gamercard
Quote:
I was referring to the ACHIEVEMENT GUIDE and BEGINNER'S GUIDE. This is not a GUIDE. This is meant as a thread to cut down on the number of threads where the topic is something like "where do I find this vehicle" or "where does this quest start." They don't really belong in a beginner's guide as that is to get you acquainted with the game and how certain things work. Plus, no one is actually using that guide for their simple, quick questions. You can attack me all you want with past posts of mine, but it doesn't change the fact that simple questions need a simple thread so we don't have a million topics asking where to find certain items or how to complete a specific quest or any of the dozen or so threads I've seen in the past few days.
yea & that guide is pretty shitty to start with anyways...lol
JasonBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:49 PM   #11
Shiftie

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonBlade View Post
yea & that guide is pretty shitty to start with anyways...lol
You're right. I'd much rather see people spam the forums every time they have a stupid question that's been asked a hundred times, while of course having at least a half dozen question marks or exclamation points.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:52 PM   #12
Giltec

Giltec's Gamercard
Quote:
You can attack me all you want with past posts of mine, but it doesn't change the fact that simple questions need a simple thread so we don't have a million topics asking where to find certain items or how to complete a specific quest or any of the dozen or so threads I've seen in the past few days.
I am simply pointing out (although the post you quoted messed up my links, so I edited it by removing the links) that you very quickly jump on others when they post something that has already been posted or you don't feel appropriate. I am simply saying why are you different and why do you become so defensive when it is pointed out?

In addition to the guides that were mentioned you have also commented in other threads I have read, directing them to existing threads. I am simply doing the same. h4mm32's thread could have been used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post
You're right. I'd much rather see people spam the forums every time they have a stupid question that's been asked a hundred times, while of course having at least a half dozen question marks or exclamation points.
A thread was already in existence that could have been used. That is the point I was making.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #13
Shiftie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giltec View Post

A thread was already in existence that could have been used. That is the point I was making.
I understand your point completely. That being said, I think as long as one of the now several attempts at consolidating all of the question posts into one thread is used, the forums will be easier to navigate. However, it doesn't seem like any of these threads are resulting in anything beyond people arguing for a few days before the thread becomes ignored entirely
Old 04-16-2013, 07:13 PM   #14
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

I still will argue there is a difference between this thread and the beginner's thread.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:16 PM   #15
Giltec

Giltec's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post
I understand your point completely. That being said, I think as long as one of the now several attempts at consolidating all of the question posts into one thread is used, the forums will be easier to navigate. However, it doesn't seem like any of these threads are resulting in anything beyond people arguing for a few days before the thread becomes ignored entirely
Consolidation will never be achieved in a forum. People will and can post whatever they want in the first instance, it is only after that they can be moderated.

If there was a clear FAQ or even 'quick question' thread stickied then it would be easier. h4mm32 has edited their initial posts to include some good information. If that were to be bumped, then people may use that thread. That is hopeful however and I fully expect lots of duplicate threads still.

Quote:
I still will argue there is a difference between this thread and the beginner's thread.
It is a Beginner's Guide and FAQ. The duplicate threads on here tend to be FAQs or frequently complained about glitches/bugs so they could easily slot into the existing thread.

Last edited by Giltec; 04-16-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:30 PM   #16
Onyxflamegod

Onyxflamegod's Gamercard
Welp looks like I'm putting this thread to use at least.
Where in the hell is Hotshot: Dam Defense?
I can't find it for the life of me, and it's putting a nice roadblock in my pursuit progress.
Onyxflamegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #17
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

I've updated the first post with a couple questions I have seen asked frequently. If you know of any others, feel free to let me know.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #18
tkhbecker

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyxflamegod View Post
I can't find it for the life of me, and it's putting a nice roadblock in my pursuit progress.
It was "suppose" to be readded to game with this last patch? I know it was taken down previously.

OT too bad there's not a sticky with a PLEASE READ before posting to prevent the future new threads of "A tip for whatever Hotchot" or "Vehicle Glitch" etc...

Pixels
tkhbecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #19
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
It is disabled, but is supposedly going to be fixed and restored with the first major patch (out today). Once the servers are up and running, it can be verified whether it was added back in. I will add the question to the list in the first post if it isn't restored.

EDIT: ninja'd!

Last edited by xhunterrrr; 04-16-2013 at 07:37 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:37 PM   #20
Onyxflamegod

Onyxflamegod's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkhbecker View Post
It was "suppose" to be readded to game with this last patch? I know it was taken down previously.
Okay, that makes sense then. Thanks.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:39 PM   #21
Shiftie

Quote:
Just to add to what's been said, the patch notes talk about the rocket launcher damage being adjusted for Dam Defense, which I would assume confirms it's being readded today.

Patch Notes
Old 04-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #22
JasonBlade

does anyone know when the vehicle lvl glitch will be fixed?
Old 04-16-2013, 08:13 PM   #23
tkhbecker

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Probally a really newb question but: What is Falloff Damage?

Pixels
tkhbecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:14 PM   #24
Onyxflamegod

Onyxflamegod's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkhbecker View Post
Probally a really newb question but: What is Falloff Damage?
When shooting from farther than your target all guns get a falloff damage penalty that lowers the damage. The lower the firepower gun, the higher the penalty, usually.

To see an example of this in action, shoot something with a pistol at point blank, and shoot it again from far away. You'll notice the damage cut.

Last edited by Onyxflamegod; 04-16-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:31 PM   #25
Sqeagy

SQEAGY 4 LIFE's Gamercard
Has anyone tried to replay the story yet? It says all previous progress in this storyline will be lost. Does that mean I won't be able to go into San Francisco until I get to that point again?
Old 04-16-2013, 10:39 PM   #26
Phantomsiren

PhantomSiren's Gamercard
Does anyone know if healing with a BMG helps raise the weapon skill or do you have to focus on just damaging targets?
Old 04-16-2013, 10:41 PM   #27
JasonBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomsiren View Post
Does anyone know if healing with a BMG helps raise the weapon skill or do you have to focus on just damaging targets?
i believe healing helps as well as damaging does...i use this weapon quite a bit.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:44 PM   #28
Phantomsiren

PhantomSiren's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonBlade View Post
i believe healing helps as well as damaging does...i use this weapon quite a bit.
Good to hear! Thanks for the info
Old 04-17-2013, 02:21 AM   #29
DanFlyhight

Send a message via Yahoo to DanFlyhight

Dan Flyhight's Gamercard
I have a question. I'm trying to get the Runner License and I can't figure out how to get my runner to hit 28 m/s. I've tried a few places and it won't do it. Are there any specific places anybody has found that it does it for sure?
DanFlyhight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:46 AM   #30
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanFlyhight View Post
I have a question. I'm trying to get the Runner License and I can't figure out how to get my runner to hit 28 m/s. I've tried a few places and it won't do it. Are there any specific places anybody has found that it does it for sure?
The Hannibal is much faster than the A-Tex. If you don't have the Hannibal, hope into a Shadow Wars match as everyone has a Hannibal. Find a long downhill section (not sure if it actually makes a difference), hit top speed without boost, then just hold down boost. That is how I managed 28m/s without even trying.