PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Fighting > Marvel vs. Capcom: Origins
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-26-2012, 08:19 PM   #1
TwitTheShred

Send a message via MSN to TwitTheShred

Twits Funeral's Gamercard
Onsluaght strategies

Galactus has nothing on him! So relentless!

So I have been trying to beat him for a while now but the second he turns into his second stage I can't seem to get a hit on him. Tips anyone? I don't mind changing team but I'm currently using Ryu/Wolverine

My Horde

Allways looking for multiplayer buddies, throw a message this way.

Credit to DethHolly for the signature pic.
TwitTheShred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:42 PM   #2
Mr Rippe

Mr Rippe's Gamercard
Took me a bunch of tries, but I finally beat him with Jin and War Machine. Play defensive with Jin on phase 1, use Bloodia Punch if you must. When you get to phase 2, War Machine's War Destroyer kicks ass. It's an aerial attack that hits while going up (if he's right above you) and coming down (relatively homed in on his position). War Machine's shoulder cannon is also pretty good to play if he's on the other side of the stage.

For a helper character, I used Iceman. He drops ice on screen. If Onslaught is right on top of you, it'll hit. Thor also works in this situation.

It's also worth restating that it took me a LOT of tries. Onslaught was designed to be insanely unfair. After all, it was a Quarter muncher back in the day. I probably would have spent $15 in Quarters getting to and beating Onslaught. I got so close a bunch of times before I got him.

Good luck!
Mr Rippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:36 PM   #3
PalmettoPanda

omegaragesc's Gamercard
I used Wolverine/Hulk. I used low, quick combos with Wolverine on the first part and once he died I was able to use Hulk's hypers to do a lot of damage to the head and jumping Fierce punches to finish him off. Bear in mind, on Onslaught's second stage, you have to hit him in the head to cause damage. On a more general note, patience, blocking, and quick dashing are essential for staying alive long enough to get the hypers off.
PalmettoPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:52 AM   #4
gangstakatamari

Ninja Golf2k6's Gamercard
Just assault him with a your assist plus fierce attacks. Chun Li owns first form of Onlsaught for free, just keep mashing Forward+Fierce Punch, literally nothing he can do.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:55 AM   #5
VixyNyan

Send a message via AIM to VixyNyan Send a message via MSN to VixyNyan Send a message via Skype™ to VixyNyan

VixyNyan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I just stuck with Ryu and Hulk. On the first round, I crouch with Ryu while blocking attacks, when Onslaught gets close, jab him in-between attacks, and during attacks that can't reach you. On the 2nd round, I just keep hitting his head with Hyper Combos in the air (Shinkuu Hadouken) and Hulk's fist attacks. It helped me win the no-round-loss achievement.

VixyNyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:32 AM   #6
joshnorm

joshnorm's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gangstakatamari View Post
Just assault him with a your assist plus fierce attacks. Chun Li owns first form of Onlsaught for free, just keep mashing Forward+Fierce Punch, literally nothing he can do.
This helped me a lot. Zangief and then Mega Man in the back. As long as I can get to second phase I can beat him making it easier for the beat with X person with that forward FP killing him
joshnorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:41 AM   #7
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Not started this yet but is the Forward + FP the written in the sands approach to beating every time? There are usually spam methods of beating bosses in these games hopefully F+FP is the way so even noobs like me can do it.

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 39
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:21 PM   #8
RA1NKING
Banned User

Easiest method by far.
Choose first player as megaman , and the 2nd player who you need to finish it with :

RA1NKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:59 PM   #9
PalmettoPanda

omegaragesc's Gamercard
Didn't realize that you could get hits on the big swinging arm too. Good to know.
PalmettoPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:41 PM   #10
TwitTheShred

Send a message via MSN to TwitTheShred

Twits Funeral's Gamercard
I ended up having to use Golden War Machine to beat it. his hyper kick move really helps

My Horde

Allways looking for multiplayer buddies, throw a message this way.

Credit to DethHolly for the signature pic.
TwitTheShred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #11
OrchestructionX

OrchestructionX's Gamercard
Now that I have gotten back into the swing of things with this game he's fairly easy, patience is your friend with Onslaught, and a good assist.

For the first form I usually send out my assist in the middle of his teleports to stagger him and to get a couple free hits. Another good thing to have is a character who will not get his by his beam attack when they are ducking, it can get you a good free 4 or 5 crouching attacks on him.

Second form it's all about picking your spots with a jumping high kick, and supers that can reach him. Dodge the hyper grabs and stay defensive and watch out for the eye beams. Jump over the charging hand attack and he's really not all that tough.
OrchestructionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:57 AM   #12
SKywarp99

DarthBane99's Gamercard
I recommend Mega Man, and whoever else you need to beat the game with, to unlock more endings/EXP

HELPS SO MUCH - hold Start + Medium Kick before the Helper selection screen appears, to always get Pyslocke as your helper.

she has I think 6? uses, and comes out fast and will stagger Onslaught out of moves, most important one being his Hyper-Grav (the unblockable hold move). use crouching Mega Buster shots, and throw in a Psylocke whenever you need to stop Hyper Grav or other moves

If you're right up next to Onslaught when he does the Mega Optic Blast, you can either use HP Mega Busters or the crouching HK (slide)
SKywarp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:24 AM   #13
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RA1NKING View Post
Easiest method by far.
Choose first player as megaman , and the 2nd player who you need to finish it with :

Marvel Vs Capcom Origins Onslaught Fight - YouTube

Could you just add some written content too?

....perfect until Onslaught. Got him down to a sliver of health on his second form and died on character 1. War Machine comes out and just like cheap stupid games go, I died from full health before I could even press start on another controller because it happened so quickly. I think that War Machine is garbage and I hate him for sucking so bad. He has a ton of weapons to his disposal but I cannot hit the boss with any of them because they are low or at weird angles. Why would they make something so difficult to hit? Literally most characters are useless against the boss. Zangief (sp) can't do almost anything to the boss because you can't do grab moves and of course he has no projectiles. Is there a reason a game would make it so difficult for a specific character to beat the boss? It must be near impossible unless you play this game for hours and hours and practice. I hate being punished for not wasting all my time in one specific game.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library

Last edited by Tyger7; 04-16-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote