PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Simulation > Thrillville: Off the Rails
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-26-2008, 09:19 AM   #1
HkySk8r187

Splat-A-Mole help

How do you get 5 stars in splat-a-mole? No matter what I do I only get 4 stars. I have tried like 50 times.
HkySk8r187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:08 PM   #2
SneakyEllis

Send a message via AIM to SneakyEllis

EXiSTiNCE's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
omg im so pissed i just got 99134 on splat a mole. 850 points from 5 stars. i got jewed
SneakyEllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:19 PM   #3
robbinz2121

Send a message via AIM to robbinz2121

robbinz2121's Gamercard
Its tough just keep trying. Make sure you don't miss any when your in the begining stages because the accuracy bonus is what will send you over 100,000 to get you your 5 stars. when you get to the parts where they pop up and dissapear real quick just swing like crazy and hope for the best. thats what i did.

http://www.360voice.com/tag/robbinz2121

BBallFBallFan24 - Yea that's true. I didn't even know you all in the UK liked Nascar, do you all get to watch it every week?
Hayden x360a - I hate Nacar but i love achievements

robbinz2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:51 PM   #4
MartyMcFly

Ten 13 13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Splat-a-Mole is the reason why I could never have the Arcade achievement. I gave up a long time ago

That and Event Horizon 2 on Hard are the only achievements I didn't get.
MartyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:07 PM   #5
Lord of Orion

Lord of Orion's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
The best strategy for this game would be as follows:

Start off hitting everything early to make sure that you get some accuracy bonus. Once the moles get to a point that you cannot hit them accurately or in time, the best strategy is to rotate the joystick in a 360 degree motion and repeatedly hit the moles. With that, you do not get a high accuracy bonus, but I have scored over 114,000 points on this game using this method. It works and is not too hard to do!

RETAIL 100%: 183

ARCADE 100%: 101

WORKING ON:
Having fun ...

Lord of Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 05:13 PM   #6
WIREDAWG69

wiredawg69's Gamercard
I have been trying to get my 5 stars in splat-a-mole for awhile now. Damn I hate this game, but I just can't stop trying.......so i guess I know what hell is likeSplat-a-mole
WIREDAWG69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:03 PM   #7
Chuppernicus

chuppernicus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
73,000+ is the best I can do so far even with the spin the controller in a circle and rapidly hitting A trick. I usually start mashing A around 1:25 or so. It might come down to luck. Nuts I hate smash a mole.

-Insert something creative here-
( that doesn't include stats that no one really cares about or some poorly photoshop'd image with your name stuck in it. )

Chuppernicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 04:11 PM   #8
Chuppernicus

chuppernicus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Best so far: 96,000+ and 98,000+. I think its just not worth it as it really comes down to luck. I have too many games to play that dont piss me off.

If you dont have close to 10,000 points around the 1 min mark you're looking at a large number of moles in the later rounds when it will really kills you. You really need the early round to be full of moles to rack up the points and to prevent the later rounds to be filled with moles and making it impossible to get enough to stay alive. I dont know how many times I was doing fine when all 9 moles popped up in the later rounds and ended my run.

The amount of moles that pop up varies as well. My best run had enough moles to give me a little over 40,000+ points at around the 2:30 mark or so. Another time while lasting the same amoutof time I was just at 30,000 points from moles. Its too much about luck, how many moles and when they pop up in your run.

You get 250 points per second you stay alive. Each mole hit is worth 200. A mole round comes about every 5 seconds. I usually average around 12,000 in accuracy bonus as well even with a smash all in sight method in the later portion, 1:45 and up. You can do your own math on how long you'll need to last and how many points you'll need off mole hits.
Cheers

-Insert something creative here-
( that doesn't include stats that no one really cares about or some poorly photoshop'd image with your name stuck in it. )

Chuppernicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:54 AM   #9
xx4everlostxx

xx4everlostxx's Gamercard
Does anyone know if difficulty, (ie. easy, normal, hard), effects the score at all?

Edit : No difficulty does not matter. I just got it by playing them all in party play on easy.

Guitar Hero 5

Call of Duty : World At War

Last edited by xx4everlostxx; 10-02-2009 at 08:11 PM.
xx4everlostxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:20 PM   #10
xx4everlostxx

xx4everlostxx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Orion View Post
The best strategy for this game would be as follows:

Start off hitting everything early to make sure that you get some accuracy bonus. Once the moles get to a point that you cannot hit them accurately or in time, the best strategy is to rotate the joystick in a 360 degree motion and repeatedly hit the moles. With that, you do not get a high accuracy bonus, but I have scored over 114,000 points on this game using this method. It works and is not too hard to do!

This method worked perfectly. I played it on easy in party play and got it within 15 to 20 minutes. Also I'm not sure if this happens on all difficulties but on easy I know you regain health if you don't miss any in a sequence.

Guitar Hero 5

Call of Duty : World At War

xx4everlostxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:07 AM   #11
Corrupt.
Damn you, Walt Whitman!

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Tyger7
Total Awards: 44 (more» ...)
I know that this is a long time after OP, but anybody who is going for this, just practice. I was getting 75-95k most goes then got 146k (2nd in the world! Yay!).
If you can hold out until 2 mins 30 it starts going mega fast and you can just button bash...
Old 04-07-2012, 02:46 AM   #12
Neutralicer

Neutralicer's Gamercard
Took a lot of patience to get this one. My stats on this was time survived 3:01.32, basic score 58800, hits 147, misses 261, accuracy 36/100, accuracy bonus 7205, time bonus 45330, total score 111335. I chalk this one up to live as long as you can, pray for good sequences, mash the A button and rotate the left stick like crazy after about 1 minute in.
Neutralicer is offline   Reply With Quote