PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #1
Elarris

Elarris's Gamercard
Destroyer abilities

Which is the better one to use? I loved barrier in the demo, but I am finding barrier to be largely useless now as everyone has adapted to it so well. Hover slam however can be pretty good when you are with a group and you can rain down death while the other team ignores you or doesn't even see you. To be fair my destroyer class is still only level 12 as I've been ignoring it for the faster classes, so I don't know if the perk that slows down enemies who walk through the barrier is really good or not. While I'm at it, what are the best weapons to use for the destroyer? I just got the RoF upgrade for the riot cannon and love using that with the rocket launcher with reload speed increase.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #2
Leone Phelps

Leone Phelps's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The ensnare is pretty good, I personally am not a fan of hover slam at all though, it matters what you prefer And that weapon combo is the same I use and I'm level 19 haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMS Resolution
I find it mind-boggling that you openly admit to finding a crouching nut sack funny, call us all "vaginas" and then claim to be mature. .
LOL
Leone Phelps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:18 PM   #3
bscalimero3

bscalimero3's Gamercard
It depends on which mode and map you are playing. The barrier is very useful in conquest, try it with Ensnare-Upgrade. The upper side of the hover slam is that no one expects you to have it^^ but it makes only sense in open maps with no ceilings.

As for weapons I use the Riot Canon with Sonic Upgrade and Rockets with fast reload... works almost every time in conquest.
bscalimero3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:58 PM   #4
squid5580

thanx4tehfish's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bscalimero3 View Post
It depends on which mode and map you are playing. The barrier is very useful in conquest, try it with Ensnare-Upgrade. The upper side of the hover slam is that no one expects you to have it^^ but it makes only sense in open maps with no ceilings.

As for weapons I use the Riot Canon with Sonic Upgrade and Rockets with fast reload... works almost every time in conquest.
Lol I snapped the first time someone used hover. I thought they were cheating lol

squid5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:02 PM   #5
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:

I personally dislike the way they revamped the MP compared to WFC. It feels so limited now. They seemed to have sacrificed aesthetic character customization instead of combat customization.

The Scrapmaker was less cheap and honestly more effective in WFC
They shouldn't have removed Shockwave ability
I miss kill streaks over pickups b/c they benefitted the whole team
Oh and my fav - Vehicle attributes. You can still zoom and slightly dodge with the Jet in campaign but in WFC:
Car/Plane - Barrel roll to avoid damage
Trucks - Zoom
Tank - 180* turret spin

Same thing with Escalation. I don't like the only 4 characters per map. I liked the variety in WFC.

I could go on but there are things that still keep me playing. I fully leveled up after Prime mode on WFC but I doubt I'll even go past that achievement here. I would be singing a different tune if WFC wasn't so treasured by me.

My Extra Life Fundraiser Page - http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?...ipantID=101865 -
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:47 PM   #6
bscalimero3

bscalimero3's Gamercard
I hear you. The combat is very limited now. I can hardly remember seeing any Leader uses Barrier in WfC, in FoC it is what keeps you alive.

I played past Prime and maxed out again today but only to help some friends getting their prime. There are some nice weapon perks, but I really miss the Ion Displacer on the Soldier and the Nucleon Shock Canon for the Scientist. Abillity Pickups are soooooo lame.

All in all, yes it is a fun game, but is it really better as WFC was? Look deep in your heart...

-no kill streaks
-no vehicle abillities
-limited abillities and no class perks (weapon perks, I give you that)
-story is good, but no Co-Op, Character Variation was better in WfC
-Escalation in FoC is a Joke and way to easy. I can beat Ancients with Bumbleebee by myself on easy!
-DLC Rip-off but I guess you can thank ACTV for that. Won't buy it till its cheaper.

Where is the replay value other than achievements? I love going through Story again with my buddies in WFC, whats the point beating FoC again?

I like what they did with FoC but with WfC already done, they could have done so much better.

Hope there will be a "Save Sludge" Mission as a story add on with a four player Co-Op Mode. Maybe a really huge Escalation Level?

Lets hope for the better.
bscalimero3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:42 PM   #7
Flibbity Floid

Quote:
I hear you. The combat is very limited now. I can hardly remember seeing any Leader uses Barrier in WfC, in FoC it is what keeps you alive.

I played past Prime and maxed out again today but only to help some friends getting their prime. There are some nice weapon perks, but I really miss the Ion Displacer on the Soldier and the Nucleon Shock Canon for the Scientist. Abillity Pickups are soooooo lame.

All in all, yes it is a fun game, but is it really better as WFC was? Look deep in your heart...

-no kill streaks
-no vehicle abillities
-limited abillities and no class perks (weapon perks, I give you that)
-story is good, but no Co-Op, Character Variation was better in WfC
-Escalation in FoC is a Joke and way to easy. I can beat Ancients with Bumbleebee by myself on easy!
-DLC Rip-off but I guess you can thank ACTV for that. Won't buy it till its cheaper.

Where is the replay value other than achievements? I love going through Story again with my buddies in WFC, whats the point beating FoC again?

I like what they did with FoC but with WfC already done, they could have done so much better.

Hope there will be a "Save Sludge" Mission as a story add on with a four player Co-Op Mode. Maybe a really huge Escalation Level?

Lets hope for the better.
WFC was one of my absolute favorite games to 100%. It had so much nostalgia and so much "Done right" by fans.

I HATE that the scientist now has the heal ray as an "Ability". It worked so much better as a weapon b/c it could go both ways (giggidy) and that REALLY worked well with Disguise. I would use disguise, health drain and "heal" the enemies to death. They'd almost NEVER see it coming!
The Cloaking was WAY better for the scout with all the perks to add on it.
I miss the Moleculon Bomb for the Tank.

They really took out the teamwork elements IMHO in comparison. When my buddies would play, we would always have a few decent strats to fool around with since there was so much variety.

As said, unless they manage to do a massive overhaul, I don't feel the need to go beyond hitting Prime mode and that's a shame b/c I was deathly looking forward to this.

My Extra Life Fundraiser Page - http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?...ipantID=101865 -
Old 09-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #8
Combaticon

Dark Paladin II's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibbity Floid View Post
WFC was one of my absolute favorite games to 100%. It had so much nostalgia and so much "Done right" by fans.

I HATE that the scientist now has the heal ray as an "Ability". It worked so much better as a weapon b/c it could go both ways (giggidy) and that REALLY worked well with Disguise. I would use disguise, health drain and "heal" the enemies to death. They'd almost NEVER see it coming!
The Cloaking was WAY better for the scout with all the perks to add on it.
I miss the Moleculon Bomb for the Tank.

They really took out the teamwork elements IMHO in comparison. When my buddies would play, we would always have a few decent strats to fool around with since there was so much variety.

As said, unless they manage to do a massive overhaul, I don't feel the need to go beyond hitting Prime mode and that's a shame b/c I was deathly looking forward to this.
After playing some games, I definately agree that the Repair Ray should have been a weapon. Scientists healing Scientists is way Overpowered and the fact they can still battle while healing makes it worse. Plus the fact they can still heal in jet mode makes it ridiculous.

I don't have too much gripe over the Scout's cloak currently and in fact I think it's better now. It also persuades more use of the EMP grenade.

Barrier needs to be nerfed. I'm sick to death of enemies being able to shoot through and even if you trade places you still can't fire through. Make it a True Barrier and no-one shoots through it like WFC.

Two abilities I'm having withdrawal symptoms of are Energon Sling and Disruption. I enjoyed using those abilities and surprising enemy Leaders and Soldiers with it and now we can't even negate Whirlwind and Flak Shield unless they run out. These two abilities must make a come back.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:41 PM   #9
Flibbity Floid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combaticon View Post
After playing some games, I definately agree that the Repair Ray should have been a weapon. Scientists healing Scientists is way Overpowered and the fact they can still battle while healing makes it worse. Plus the fact they can still heal in jet mode makes it ridiculous.

I don't have too much gripe over the Scout's cloak currently and in fact I think it's better now. It also persuades more use of the EMP grenade.

Barrier needs to be nerfed. I'm sick to death of enemies being able to shoot through and even if you trade places you still can't fire through. Make it a True Barrier and no-one shoots through it like WFC.

Two abilities I'm having withdrawal symptoms of are Energon Sling and Disruption. I enjoyed using those abilities and surprising enemy Leaders and Soldiers with it and now we can't even negate Whirlwind and Flak Shield unless they run out. These two abilities must make a come back.
I much agree with all you said. I only give the Barrier credit now as mentioned, it was barely used or even useful last time around. Now it at least serves a purpose. Also, things like the Corrosive Slime Cannon, the Cluster Bomb and the Fusion Cannon (I refuse to call it Riot) do nice damage to weaken it. Plus the fusion cannon tends to hit things "around" corners/walls and such. It has nice AoE.

I REALLY miss individual grenades. Each class truly felt in it's own class with things like that.

I have a buddy who luckily bought his FoC from WalMart and he got a free WFC download code. So long as they don't shut the servers, I'm totally going back to that to help him on his MP.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:15 PM   #10
SgtFuzzyGhost

sgtfuzzyghost's Gamercard
I think I have to disagree with a lot of people here:

1. I prefer healing as an ability, not a weapon, so that I can fight and heal at the same time. As far as using it as a weapon, I find it isn't very effective given its range and low damage per second rating.

2. I won't say that kill streaks aren't nice, but I was usually on the receiving end of them in WfC. Plus it is a huge balance issue; if one team is doing great, then they get handed ADDITIONAL benefits, but the losing team will likely never get one.

Likely response "Well, learn to play better."

Everyone tries to do better, but it isn't easy when you can hardly get a game going, and when you do, the enemy team is composed of people who have had a ton of experience from maxing out all of their character classes (and the abilities that come with them).

3. Loadout customization is streamlined now; you pick your weapons and abilities, and then it prompts what perk you want for each.

4. You can change gun hands to account for enemy cover now, meaning that if the enemy is using cover, you don't have to put yourself out in the open to fire on them. This was always a pain when you and the enemy were using the same box/pillar as cover, and you start going in circles. Next thing you know, he/she has cover, but you are exposed.

Now, that being said, WfC did do a few things better than FoC:

1. I do miss a few of the abilities from WfC; WarCry, Disguise, Shockwave.

2. The character customization allowed you to pick each color individually, rather than pick a pair of colors together. You also had a choice of a couple of female Cybertronians, whereas in this game you don't (unless you count Starscream, I had always thought he was a she when I was young).

3. The Leader class had a few different weapon types/roles in WfC (even though FoC has a much greater weapon roster). You could have a basic Assault Rifle, Ion SMG, Rockets, and Magma launcher (if I remember correctly).

The Destroyer (I don't like that name, so I usually call them Convoy) has just explosives. No SMGs, shotguns, Assault Rifles, Pistols (which makes no sense, since the Path Blaster is the signature weapon for Optimus on the cover. While we're at it, the Titan class doesn't get the Fusion cannon either, Megatron's signature weapon).

As much as I think that they kind of neglected the Convoy class by just giving him explosive weapons only (were they hoping for a Torque sponsorship?), I feel that FoC gets a lot more right.

Dead Island
Ghost Busters
Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
NeverDead
Orange Box (Team Fortress 2)
Portal 2
SgtFuzzyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #11
Combaticon

Dark Paladin II's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtFuzzyGhost View Post
I think I have to disagree with a lot of people here:

1. I prefer healing as an ability, not a weapon, so that I can fight and heal at the same time. As far as using it as a weapon, I find it isn't very effective given its range and low damage per second rating.
That's the problem, if there's an entire team that consists of Scientists with the Heal ability and they're all healing each other and fighting at the same time, how balanced is that?

Without any effective way to nullify the ability (Energon Sling, Disruption) it's unbalanced as far as I'm concerned. Healers should either fight or heal, not both.

Plus if they really want to stay alive, they should rely on the teammate they trying to healing. Yes, you could say then "then attacker will go after the healer", but that's the point. It will also test the competance of the healee and whether they are good enough to defend the healer. Or they can attempt to get rid of the attacker together and then heal if they survive.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:52 PM   #12
SgtFuzzyGhost

sgtfuzzyghost's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combaticon View Post
That's the problem, if there's an entire team that consists of Scientists with the Heal ability and they're all healing each other and fighting at the same time, how balanced is that?

Without any effective way to nullify the ability (Energon Sling, Disruption) it's unbalanced as far as I'm concerned. Healers should either fight or heal, not both.

Plus if they really want to stay alive, they should rely on the teammate they trying to healing. Yes, you could say then "then attacker will go after the healer", but that's the point. It will also test the competance of the healee and whether they are good enough to defend the healer. Or they can attempt to get rid of the attacker together and then heal if they survive.
Taking down a scientist pair is difficult, but not impossible. Focus on one, and make sure you're communicating with your team. The low health of the scientist class is also something to exploit. Plus, they can only do that for so long without a specific perk (which I tend to take the healing perk, not extended resource perk).

Maybe if healing ray was as easy to use as the ability. I ended up removing my heal ray weapon from my loadouts in WfC because my team mates would always just blindly walk around while I try to heal them. With the ability, as long as their in range, and I make the initial lock, then I can continue healing them.

Dead Island
Ghost Busters
Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
NeverDead
Orange Box (Team Fortress 2)
Portal 2
SgtFuzzyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote