PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock Infinite
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-27-2013, 09:08 PM   #31
BBDrew84

BBDrew's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mga74 View Post
im trying to go for scavenger hunt achievement but dont understand something.the guide says you cant buy anything from vending machines so how do you upgrade weapons and vigors?

Scavenger Hunt 75
Completed the game in 1999 mode without purchasing anything from a Dollar Bill vending machine.

You just can not use the Dollar Bill Vending Machines, the Armor and Vigor Machines can be used while going for the Scavenger Hunt achievement

BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:14 PM   #32
mga74

mga74's Gamercard
ok thank you
mga74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:35 PM   #33
Acheru

Acheru's Gamercard
Hola.

I am having a huge problem with my 1999 run. I have prorgressed well into to chapter 4 and was about to get killed, and then I paused the game and hit "return to last checkpoint" so I didn't have to spend money (as recommended in this thread)
But then I find out the game charges my last save from my previous game (final chapter, medium difficulty) and had to start over again.

This has happened twice now. I have seen the autosaving icon on screen several times on both ocassions.

Is there something I am missing or could it be a bug? I am playing on a console not connected to the internet.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Acheru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:33 AM   #34
Rossco7530

Rossco7530's Gamercard
Have a look through your saves - they are listed by date and time, and if you have unplugged your xbox or the time/date has otherwise been altered, your most recent save will show up down the list somewhere.
Rossco7530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:10 AM   #35
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
im trying to go for scavenger hunt achievement but dont understand something.the guide says you cant buy anything from vending machines so how do you upgrade weapons and vigors?sorry if this has been answered somewhere but i couldnt find it.thanks for any help!
You can purchase weapon and vigor upgrades from the Veni Vidi Vici and Minuteman's Armory vending machines but absolutely nothing from the Dollar Bill vending machine.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:26 AM   #36
Dead Space Girl

Dead Space Girl's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheru View Post
Hola.

I am having a huge problem with my 1999 run. I have prorgressed well into to chapter 4 and was about to get killed, and then I paused the game and hit "return to last checkpoint" so I didn't have to spend money (as recommended in this thread)
But then I find out the game charges my last save from my previous game (final chapter, medium difficulty) and had to start over again.

This has happened twice now. I have seen the autosaving icon on screen several times on both ocassions.

Is there something I am missing or could it be a bug? I am playing on a console not connected to the internet.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...9115158AA1CZGI

Quote:
Mine was doing the same thing and it was pissing me off. I figured out why though. For some reason every time I turn my Xbox off the time and date reset back to November 2005.

The game won't recognize the save file if the date and time on it is before the previous save file....(if that makes any sense) So now every time I turn on my Xbox I just fix the time and date and it saves just fine.
Quote:
Jack is right. I am assuming that everyone who is having this problem doesn't have Live or is not always connected. You have to set the date to the current date because the autosave will not replace a save with one that is seemingly before it thus, in the games view, lose progress. Just set the current date before launching the game every time and you should be good. Worked for me.
TLDR, everytime you play BioShock whilst not connected to the internet, manually change your clock to the current date so the autosave works properly. I had this exact same issue as I have no internet, and it was driving me MENTAL til I found this answer.

I'm about 97% sure Microsoft forced Irrational Games to program the game like this in some sort of attempt to force people to buy Xbox Live or something.
has any girls tried messaging any of the champs, getting the belts off them and trading it around? the champs mite listen to a girl asking for the achievement.
Dead Space Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:27 AM   #37
mga74

mga74's Gamercard
any decent tips on what weapons and vigors to upgrade?plus what gear to equip?thanks!
Old 04-28-2013, 06:50 AM   #38
Acheru

Acheru's Gamercard
Many thanks, Dead Space Girl. I am terrified about the "Always Connected" future now... XD
ˇGracias!
Acheru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #39
GeneralGranko

Send a message via Skype™ to GeneralGranko

xX forEV3R Xx's Gamercard
Quote:
any decent tips on what weapons and vigors to upgrade?plus what gear to equip?thanks!
INFUSIONS = fully upgrade shield first, then upgrade salts and at last - health

Shield are much better to upgrade because they alway recharge but health does not, you have to find HP on floor, from enemies,...

Weapons are pretty much you choice, and you will be changing them alot in the game because you will be running out of ammo if going for "Scavenger Hunt" cheevo, but if you have a choice, always pick a Sniper Rifle or Carbine, they do alot of damage, I had Carbine fully upgraded, and it was a great weapon, sniper rifle is probably the best, because you can just stay back alot and snipe enemies like patriot easily (DON´T TRY GETTING CLOSE TO ANY HEAVY HITTER!).

About vigors, first of all, upgrade possesion so you can posses normal enemies, this makes it great vigor and the upgrade costs only 50 Silver Eagles.
Than I only fully upgraded Charge and used it on Sirens.
Before the end of the game I also fully upgraded Return To Sender for the final battle.
At the end of the game I had 2000 Silver Eagles left because I didn´t know where is the last Vending Machine, so if you scavenge really alot like I did, you can use this 2000 Silver Eagles to anything you want, I would recommend either fully upgrade Sniper Rifle (I only had 1 upgrade on it) which will definitely make it a beast weapon, or just spend it on what you want.

About Gear? Hard question, there are many different combinations but one thing that will help you REAAAAAAAAALY ALOT is a vest called "Winter Shield", if you are lucky to find it, which I sadly was not, you just made your game alot easier.
rockyzz@seznam.cz

Playing now: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC)
Need players for:
CoD: BO2 Apocalypse DLC - Easter Egg

GeneralGranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #40
Blazman83

Blazman83's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralGranko View Post
INFUSIONS = fully upgrade shield first, then upgrade salts and at last - health

Shield are much better to upgrade because they alway recharge but health does not, you have to find HP on floor, from enemies,...

Weapons are pretty much you choice, and you will be changing them alot in the game because you will be running out of ammo if going for "Scavenger Hunt" cheevo, but if you have a choice, always pick a Sniper Rifle or Carbine, they do alot of damage, I had Carbine fully upgraded, and it was a great weapon, sniper rifle is probably the best, because you can just stay back alot and snipe enemies like patriot easily (DON´T TRY GETTING CLOSE TO ANY HEAVY HITTER!).

About vigors, first of all, upgrade possesion so you can posses normal enemies, this makes it great vigor and the upgrade costs only 50 Silver Eagles.
Than I only fully upgraded Charge and used it on Sirens.
Before the end of the game I also fully upgraded Return To Sender for the final battle.
At the end of the game I had 2000 Silver Eagles left because I didn´t know where is the last Vending Machine, so if you scavenge really alot like I did, you can use this 2000 Silver Eagles to anything you want, I would recommend either fully upgrade Sniper Rifle (I only had 1 upgrade on it) which will definitely make it a beast weapon, or just spend it on what you want.

About Gear? Hard question, there are many different combinations but one thing that will help you REAAAAAAAAALY ALOT is a vest called "Winter Shield", if you are lucky to find it, which I sadly was not, you just made your game alot easier.
Great post! That's exactly what I came to ask. Winter shield is only useful around skylines though isn't it? I suppose you can switch things up to suit the situation though! So I take it upgrades are ridiculously expensive in 1999 mode why else would ppl only only be talking about upgrading 1 or 2 vigors and 1 gun. I used the shotgun and sniper in my first play through is that not recommended for 1999 mode? Lastly what gear does everyone wear for 1999 mode?

Last edited by Blazman83; 04-28-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Blazman83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:58 AM   #41
mga74

mga74's Gamercard
thank u.do u know the place in game where people keep reloading till they get the right gear they need?
Old 04-28-2013, 11:23 AM   #42
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
thank u.do u know the place in game where people keep reloading till they get the right gear they need?
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=438014

Tips in there.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #43
brentkid

kids got soul's Gamercard
For anyone doing the gear farming trick, I found that exiting to the main menu after you get into the elevator (the game auto-saves here) makes the trip back to the Hall of Heroes a little easier. Just select continue and it'll start you right in front of the elevator. Go in and follow whatever path you take for the farming.

Doing this, on the trip back to the Hall of Heroes, none of the enemies will be there.

May make each run take a little longer, but it makes the run back a little easier not having to worry about avoiding enemies since even if you do your best, they can still wreck you pretty quickly.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:37 PM   #44
Jazman

II JAZMAN II's Gamercard
this is what i used if it helps anyone out.

Gear
Burning Halo
Winter Shield
Vampire Embrace
Brittle skinned/Urgent Care
The above setup worked really well with skylines and hooks.

For Fisticuff sections. Especially for dealing with the Siren in seconds.
Gear
Burning Halo
Blood to Salt
Vampire Embrace
Brittle Skinned.

Combine the above set up with charge and 1999 mode is a piece of cake.

Only weapon i upgraded was the carbine to max.

vigors maxed out were charge, possesion and bucking bronco for 2xfloat time.
I had 5000 credit at the end because i thought i'll upgrade some weapons before the last fight...but i forgot to do it.
Jazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:15 AM   #45
Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentkid View Post
For anyone doing the gear farming trick, I found that exiting to the main menu after you get into the elevator (the game auto-saves here) makes the trip back to the Hall of Heroes a little easier. Just select continue and it'll start you right in front of the elevator. Go in and follow whatever path you take for the farming.

Doing this, on the trip back to the Hall of Heroes, none of the enemies will be there.

May make each run take a little longer, but it makes the run back a little easier not having to worry about avoiding enemies since even if you do your best, they can still wreck you pretty quickly.
Or just do it at battleship bay. Quicker, no enemies, gear farm (x2 if you made a certain choice at the raffle) every 45 seconds incl loading time.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:27 AM   #46
Nevaeh 2Die4

Nevaeh 2Die4's Gamercard
im getting battered in the 2nd handyman battle, seems to be enemies forever spawning , every time I get close I get killed , any tips??
Nevaeh 2Die4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:05 AM   #47
Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevaeh 2Die4 View Post
im getting battered in the 2nd handyman battle, seems to be enemies forever spawning , every time I get close I get killed , any tips??
They are limited. Worry about them first, then if you die at least all you have to worry about is the handyman himself and there are enough youtube strategies to help you out there.

People worry too much about spending a few hundred bucks on respawns in tough fights on 1999. Money grows on trees in this game. Especially towards the end. Also, the less you have, the more Liz will give you every time she throws it.

You gotta burn a couple of hundred on a tough fight? So be it.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:26 AM   #48
Nevaeh 2Die4

Nevaeh 2Die4's Gamercard
cheers man i will try that
Old 04-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #49
Blazman83

Blazman83's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercurse View Post
Or just do it at battleship bay. Quicker, no enemies, gear farm (x2 if you made a certain choice at the raffle) every 45 seconds incl loading time.
How does this glitch work then? I'm at that point on 1999 mode were the couple give you a gift.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:26 AM   #50
Nevaeh 2Die4

Nevaeh 2Die4's Gamercard
i got past the second vox handy man , it was quiet tough , my method was wear him down as much as you can then when he is at low health switch on that electric charge and run around deck area the shock will wear him down and after after a few hits kill him...

the second part other game has really stepped up, the guns are so much stronger,

what parts can just be skipped? im on the 3rd handyman fight ..
Old 04-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #51
munta2go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazman83 View Post
How does this glitch work then? I'm at that point on 1999 mode were the couple give you a gift.
That's a good question, I couldn't figure out how it worked either. Too far in the game now though.
munta2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:28 PM   #52
ii SlayerX

Died 3 times total on my 1999 run

Burning Halo
Brittle Skinned
Blood to Salt

Upgraded Possession
Upgraded Charge

All thats needed

War... War never changes. Or does it? War has changed. Did it? The answer is no. Unless it is yes. No, of course it is. It is war!
ii SlayerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #53
Metabolic XBA
Fear is why you fail...

Metabolic XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Free Agents - Second Place   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   XBA Representer   CABS Beta Tester   Donator - Level 3
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazman83 View Post
Winter's Shield is awesome because almost every Handyman fight has Skylines so with that you can fight them with unlimited invulnerability. Also great for the final battle if you get a patriot or rocket launcher focused on you then you can just hop up and become invincible.

And the gear thing isn't really a glitch it's just a case of reloading your checkpoint if you don't get the gear you want. That spot is good because you start right at the end of the corridor and there are two pieces of gear within 15 feet of each other. I got Vampires Embrace and Blood to Salts as my two after about a half hour of trying.

Other than the gear build for Sirens and Winter Shields epicness, the absolute two greatest tips I got for beating 1999 are for the final battle. Upgrade Return to Sender and just throw charged traps on the blue generator giving it near invulnerability from attack and always leave one patriot up until your songbird is available, the shield provided by return to sender will mean it can't damage the ship anyway. Killing the patriots is what starts the next wave. On my normal playthrough I must have had 8-10 waves of patriots because I didn't know about either of these things. When I finished up 1999 last night I had just two waves of patriots and fired through it on my first attempt. Just be sure to kill that last one AFTER there are no more Zeppelins that can be targeted by you and you will be all set.

Just keep in mind the shield traps are directional, i.e they have to be in the front if you want to shield it from patriots and some normal enemies do get at it from behind so deal with them quickly and they also expire, so if you notice your generator taking damage just go throw a few more on it.

**Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig**

Metabolic XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:38 PM   #54
SpartaX

SpartaX 93's Gamercard
I have a question about 1999 mode.
I've read that if you run out of money you get a game over screen and are returned to the main menu, yet you can still continue the game from where you died. But I'm wondering if this means you cannot get the 1999 mode achievement and Scavenger Hunt achievement anymore. Can anyone give me an answer on this?

Thanks in advance
SpartaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:40 PM   #55
Nevaeh 2Die4

Nevaeh 2Die4's Gamercard
battle 3 with lady Comstock was such a pain for me , the videos I seen didn’t really help I was still getting battered,

I beat her a way I didn’t see any videos for,
I stayed behind the statue used the sniper on her when I got bum rushed I used possession, for some reason I wasnt bothered that much , it also keeps you out of range / splash damage of the volly guns

Just finished on 1999 mode & not using the dollar vending machine,

i really enjoyed, love 1999 mode..

Roll on DLC

Last edited by Nevaeh 2Die4; 05-02-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #56
UCSDpitcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevaeh 2Die4 View Post
battle 3 with lady Comstock was such a pain for me , the videos I seen didn’t really help I was still getting battered,

I beat her a way I didn’t see any videos for,
I stayed behind the statue used the sniper on her when I got bum rushed I used possession, for some reason I wasnt bothered that much , it also keeps you out of range / splash damage of the volly guns

Just finished on 1999 mode & not using the dollar vending machine,

i really enjoyed, love 1999 mode..

Roll on DLC
Just finished this last night my 3 lady comstock fights were super easy and I recommend using

Hat - burning halo
Shirt - blood to salt
Boots - (didn't matter I didn't have anything good) Anything that boosts melee would help
Pants - Brittle skin

Vigors - Charge UPGRADED

Just aim at her and press LT, then when you get close you'll have hit her she'll be on fire and you'll be invincible for about 2 melee strikes, with full shield. Then Press LT again and keep doing it until she's dead. It can get kinda crazy with all the walking dead and her and stuff but keep targeting her. You can beat her in under 30 sec.

The Gear I used almost the whole way was with very few exceptions
Hat - Sheltered Life
Shirt - Blood to salts
Boots - Newtons Law
Pants - The pants that grant 50% more damage on critical hits

I really only changed gear for the melee fights and if there was a skyline I'd throw on the Winter one that made you invincible when you leave a sky line (very helpful for handymen!)

Last edited by UCSDpitcher; 05-03-2013 at 09:09 PM.
UCSDpitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #57
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metabolic x360a View Post

Other than the gear build for Sirens and Winter Shields epicness, the absolute two greatest tips I got for beating 1999 are for the final battle. Upgrade Return to Sender and just throw charged traps on the blue generator giving it near invulnerability from attack and always leave one patriot up until your songbird is available, the shield provided by return to sender will mean it can't damage the ship anyway. Killing the patriots is what starts the next wave. On my normal playthrough I must have had 8-10 waves of patriots because I didn't know about either of these things. When I finished up 1999 last night I had just two waves of patriots and fired through it on my first attempt. Just be sure to kill that last one AFTER there are no more Zeppelins that can be targeted by you and you will be all set.

Just keep in mind the shield traps are directional, i.e they have to be in the front if you want to shield it from patriots and some normal enemies do get at it from behind so deal with them quickly and they also expire, so if you notice your generator taking damage just go throw a few more on it.
This is a huge tip that everybody playing on 1999 mode should use. Like many others I used the Charge and Shock with the melee gear for most of the game. It made this mode a breeze. After making it to the final fight and failing many times I came on here looking for answers.

After reading the above I tried the Return to Sender tonic and figured it would fail because I had already had it auto-save on me and I had no chance to go back and upgrade it.

I ended up completing it on my first try with over 60% left. Just like the above I kept one patriot alive while shooting all Zepelins in sight. When there were no more I would kill it and repeat. It made it soooooo easy .

Credit goes to Xerofox for the amazing Montreal Canadiens sig!

HabsCen10ial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #58
knotfan123

ya big goof's Gamercard
My $.02 that have probably already been posted - the Winter Shield is an absolute must - I was able to fly through the last 10% of the game with ease. If you abuse this it makes everything insanely easy.

I upgraded salts fully and then went to the shields. Used possession all the time on the powerful enemies or when I was swarmed with the weaker ones.

For the Siren I had upgraded the charge fully and spammed that until she was pretty weak. After that I would grab one of the power weapons (usually a crank gun) and just unload on her.

Overall the 1999 mode was not that difficult imo. Spam Winter Shield and you'll win with ease. I did do a hard run before I played through 1999 so I was better acclimated to the game.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:35 AM   #59
Zombiedrd

Zombiedrd's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metabolic x360a View Post
Winter's Shield is awesome because almost every Handyman fight has Skylines so with that you can fight them with unlimited invulnerability. Also great for the final battle if you get a patriot or rocket launcher focused on you then you can just hop up and become invincible.

And the gear thing isn't really a glitch it's just a case of reloading your checkpoint if you don't get the gear you want. That spot is good because you start right at the end of the corridor and there are two pieces of gear within 15 feet of each other. I got Vampires Embrace and Blood to Salts as my two after about a half hour of trying.

I absolutely love you. This was easier than when I did it on Normal. I mean, using Return to sender and one patriot+ winter shield skyhooking everything else made this sooooooo easy. I had been dreading this since I had played it on Normal/
200,000-?
Zombiedrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:15 AM   #60
Geoff66

It also helps to have the Handyman Damage perk on, it makes life easier, I forgot I had this during my normal playthru, it was a nice bonus during my 1999 run.
Geoff66 is offline   Reply With Quote