PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: What would you rate Assassin's Creed?
1-3 __this game is s*** 2 1.21%
4-6__Why did i buy this game? 5 3.03%
7-8__the game was decent but leaved some thing to desire 53 32.12%
9-10__WOW game was everything i thought it would be and more 105 63.64%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2007, 08:13 PM   #31
KingGotenW

Send a message via AIM to KingGotenW

King Goten W's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
after almost completing the game i found it to be most repetitive, and somewhat annoying that EVERY mission is exactly alike.

however with the sutnning graphics and gameplay, plus the fact you can go ANYWHERE you want to (even jump off a cliff, or drown in the water), i would still have to give this game a 9

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Wings 11-10-11

KingGotenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:40 PM   #32
ClutchPapi34

ClutchPapi34's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Thanks everyone. There have been about 10 people in this thread to ruin the ending for me and there was no spoiler tag. Thanks alot

ClutchPapi34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:31 AM   #33
SebastianSB

SebastianSB's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchPapi34 View Post
Thanks everyone. There have been about 10 people in this thread to ruin the ending for me and there was no spoiler tag. Thanks alot
Did you not expect people to discuss plot while rating a game?

RBN Weekly Updates: http://www.trueachievements.com/lead...erboardid=1576
Attack of the Blog! http://sebspot.wordpress.com/
SebastianSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:35 AM   #34
p4in redefined

Send a message via MSN to p4in redefined

Mattress 117's Gamercard
an easy 9 i love the free roam leaps of faith and counter kills never get old. AI can be annoying.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:47 AM   #35
technopimp

My two biggest beefs with this game (well, 3 if you count the insulting "collectible figure" I got with my $70 Limited Edition) are the sheer repetitiveness of the tasks (save citizen...climb vantage point...repeat 20 times) and the controls which have a mind of their own (one second it won't let me scale a wall without holding down A, but then in mid climb all of a sudden A turns into "jump to your death". Plus, the GTA-style "awareness meter" gets to me-why are people ALWAYS after me, even when I haven't done anything? I get annoyed having to walk EVERYWHERE in super stealth mode just so I won't die and have to restart.

Definitely not what I was expecting...oh well, at least Rock Band comes out this week.
technopimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:17 AM   #36
Deyankees1

Send a message via AIM to Deyankees1 Send a message via MSN to Deyankees1

DeYanKees1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I love the contols for this game, its wat mose thrid person action games should have if ur scaling walls ans such (cough*Spiderman*cough) But its a great game 9.5 here.
Deyankees1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:28 AM   #37
SebastianSB

SebastianSB's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I noticed that climbing seems to glitch every now and then. Sometimes it would take multiple tries to climb around the outside corner of a building. My character would just stop at the corner and would refuse to move around the outside of it and it would take multiple attempts to finally get him to do what I wanted.

RBN Weekly Updates: http://www.trueachievements.com/lead...erboardid=1576
Attack of the Blog! http://sebspot.wordpress.com/
SebastianSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:41 AM   #38
o BL4D3 o

o BL4D3 o's Gamercard
this game is great best single player game ive ever played i wish it had live so bad
o BL4D3 o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:17 PM   #39
Adam Miller

Send a message via MSN to Adam Miller

Adam Miller's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   x360a Book Club   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Silver   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I gave it a 9-10 and iv not long started.
Adam Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 05:16 PM   #40
Evolvr2006

Evolvr2006's Gamercard
I gave it 9-10.

I would rate it a 9. It's a fantastic game, but is sightly repetitive. Although, what game isn't nowadays.

Slight glitches here and there. My brother got the full synchronized bar achievement like 20 minutes into the game.

I think this game is actually lengthy enough to be worth $60. I haven't played COD4 yet, so I can't compare it to many recent games. But it's one of the best games I've played recently.
Evolvr2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 05:21 PM   #41
Sydanc1an

Sydanc1an's Gamercard
I give it an 8.5. Visuals and Sound(Citizen dialogue excluded) are 10/10, Story 10/10, Storytelling 10/10, but the fighting and side mission got repetitive.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:01 AM   #42
templargunman

[Audio:8.9] Audio was a bit annoying, especially Altair's voice, I made myself believe that it was that Desmond guy talking (not literally, but through the animus).

[Visual:9.9] Everything in the game was visually amazing, my only problem was that it wasn't up with the hype, maybe I just haven't played games long enough to remember the horrible graphics of the DOSbox.

[Playability:9.5] The assassinations can get repeditive, but who cares, I'll never get bored of being completely unharmed after taking on a group of 50 guys (don't call me on that, I know it's not true).

[Delivery:9.7] The game was amazing, better than I had expected, especially with never watching the HD videos.

[Achievments:9] Achievements are somewhat small on my scale of things on a game, and this set allows you something to do afterwards without needing to play the game 400,000 times to get them all.

[Review] So far I'm still loving the game and everything about it, I'm sure I'll get bored eventually, but I'm hoping it will last me to Christmas (yay presents).

[Final] 9.4, my best 360 game yet (I only have H3, Crackdown, GH3, and this)!
templargunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:21 AM   #43
VGA Dark Mac

VGA Dark Mac's Gamercard
Impressive review,templargunman. I liked how you laid it all out and it was strait to the point, well done.
VGA Dark Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:02 PM   #44
BillyD53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty View Post
Who rated it a 4-6?

Id like to hear some explanations on that one.

I didn't give it that rating, but I probably wouldn't rate it over a 7. The graphics are totally sweet, the sound is awesome, and the controls are good enough. The repetition is about as bad as Superman Returns though. A bunch of the same missions with hidden objects to hide the fact. I can't understand why they would make 9 or so missions where you do the exact same objectives. Pretty lame, luckily the positive aspects are so good that it remains fun.
BillyD53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:20 PM   #45
rx32degrepber

timmy2447's Gamercard
i gave it a 10 just because i have been waiting a while 4 this game to come out and its worth the money
rx32degrepber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:33 PM   #46
Fruhmann360

Fruhmann360's Gamercard
I rated 4-6, leaning towards 6.

Graphics are great. Story has me and I will be there for the sequel. Getting around the city is easier than I anticipated. The next batman game, maybe dark knight, should be modeled after this movement element. Having the option to "teleport" to a city instead of riding through the kingdom was good thinking on the designers part.

The combat system is only useful when countering, beyond that i'd rather jump to my death or get killed than fight. I only started fighting in this game when i wasn't near water or a high jump to commit suicide and my life bar was so high that it took to long for them to kill me. Fighting is this games second worst feature.

The first worst feature is flag collecting. Sure, it doesn't tie into the game play, but I'm OCD about this stuff and want the achievements. In Acre, it's not bad. 30+ flags in each district. If you mess up you just have to recheck 30+ spots. Nice small doses of exploring. In the other locales it's 100 flags. So when you've check every spot and have 99 flags, like me, you have to recheck ALL locations in the WHOLE city. And you don't even get a ghost image of flags you already picked up or any acknowledgment of "Oh, I was here. I got that already." from the game.

I would rather have had 25 flags to look for that had challenging jumps and obstacles in the way to obtain them. This could range from a flag behind 50+ guards to puzzles being incorporated into constructing paths to even just long, tall, fun climbs.

The game was a bit short. Even doing side quests to get the full dna bar, i felt like i could have handled about 3-5 more assassination missions though i know it would not tie into the plot so nicely.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed the game and have been pushing it on people who were jaded about it from previews and post E3 fallout. This game is a must play, but not necessarily a must buy.

Of course, I write this review while searching for flag 100 in damascus and disillusioning myself that someone will post frame grabs of their locations in the next 4 hours before i have to return the game to the videostore.

So, over all I give the game a solid 6. It would have been a 7 if not for these stupid flags. For the flags i give them a .18 because that's what my blood alcohol level isn't going to have to be when i play this game in the future, just for those stupid little flags.
Fruhmann360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 03:58 AM   #47
pongsifu

pongsifu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
Very quickly this game got WAY to repetitious for my patience. I was glad when this game was finally over, disappointing that the game has so little variance at all to keep it interesting.

Games Completed: 11

pongsifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 04:32 AM   #48
Jackel2556

ILira ILira's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorcherchamp View Post
7.5 for me,i found it to be slow a little to stealthy and the present day stuff kinda threw me off a bit...the present day guy looks like adam sandler lol
THATS WHO HE LOOKS LIKE, i was wondering and boom you hit it
Jackel2556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 04:35 AM   #49
Jackel2556

ILira ILira's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruhmann360 View Post
I rated 4-6, leaning towards 6.

Graphics are great. Story has me and I will be there for the sequel. Getting around the city is easier than I anticipated. The next batman game, maybe dark knight, should be modeled after this movement element. Having the option to "teleport" to a city instead of riding through the kingdom was good thinking on the designers part.

The combat system is only useful when countering, beyond that i'd rather jump to my death or get killed than fight. I only started fighting in this game when i wasn't near water or a high jump to commit suicide and my life bar was so high that it took to long for them to kill me. Fighting is this games second worst feature.

The first worst feature is flag collecting. Sure, it doesn't tie into the game play, but I'm OCD about this stuff and want the achievements. In Acre, it's not bad. 30+ flags in each district. If you mess up you just have to recheck 30+ spots. Nice small doses of exploring. In the other locales it's 100 flags. So when you've check every spot and have 99 flags, like me, you have to recheck ALL locations in the WHOLE city. And you don't even get a ghost image of flags you already picked up or any acknowledgment of "Oh, I was here. I got that already." from the game.

I would rather have had 25 flags to look for that had challenging jumps and obstacles in the way to obtain them. This could range from a flag behind 50+ guards to puzzles being incorporated into constructing paths to even just long, tall, fun climbs.

The game was a bit short. Even doing side quests to get the full dna bar, i felt like i could have handled about 3-5 more assassination missions though i know it would not tie into the plot so nicely.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed the game and have been pushing it on people who were jaded about it from previews and post E3 fallout. This game is a must play, but not necessarily a must buy.

Of course, I write this review while searching for flag 100 in damascus and disillusioning myself that someone will post frame grabs of their locations in the next 4 hours before i have to return the game to the videostore.

So, over all I give the game a solid 6. It would have been a 7 if not for these stupid flags. For the flags i give them a .18 because that's what my blood alcohol level isn't going to have to be when i play this game in the future, just for those stupid little flags.
you achievement whore
Jackel2556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 05:07 AM   #50
Fruhmann360

Fruhmann360's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackel2556 View Post
you achievement whore
oh, geez. lulz
Old 11-22-2007, 11:54 AM   #51
xfrearsx

o GaGEHuNTeR o's Gamercard
Agree with everybody else, the game is brilliant in so many ways but the side missions do start to get a little repetitious. I'd give it a 9!
Old 11-22-2007, 01:00 PM   #52
angry

Send a message via AIM to angry Send a message via MSN to angry

Angry xBs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
I gave it a 10 as i think the game is awsome.

IF @ FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED TRY HARDER AS CHEATING GET'S YOU KNOWHERE

Games Completed: 9

Arcade Games Completed:
angry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 02:49 PM   #53
Fruhmann360

Fruhmann360's Gamercard
i hope a lot of reviewers are going to back pedal and/or eat their hats on this game.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:45 PM   #54
Alien Nation

AIien Nation's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award
I clicked 7-8 because I give it a 8.5 solid. It is the best action/adventure game I have played in a LONG time. Everything was practicaally perfect except for a few things that didnt really bother me but put the note down a bit. Repetitiveness of the missions, made me think of GTA quite a bit. Saving method... I need to replay this game to get my conversationalist achievement and that means to erase my game Other then that its all good.

Alien Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 04:10 PM   #55
chenry

The chenry's Gamercard
8. Certain things annoyed the heck out of me, like those homeless jackasses who push me when I'm about to assassinate someone. or the fact that you can't swim, which makes the harbour mission really irritating. The beggars are infuriatingly annoying too. Sometimes the guards are dumb as bricks, and other times they're super sleuths.
chenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 05:46 PM   #56
SirMacDaddyPIMP

SirLordAlucard's Gamercard
I would give this game a 7-8. they could have made the graphics better
SirMacDaddyPIMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 06:16 PM   #57
pongsifu

pongsifu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMacDaddyPIMP View Post
I would give this game a 7-8. they could have made the graphics better
Especially the shadows, half the time they looked extremely jagged instead of smooth lines.

Games Completed: 11

pongsifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 06:50 PM   #58
conor bp

conor BP's Gamercard
i dont acctually own the game but ive played alot of it at my friends house and red all the intresting facts and stuff about it and id give it about a 9.5 because of how simply brilliant the story is , the graphics were good aswell , the achievements make u want to play more than once and u can just run around freely. But still this comes after CoD4 which i cant stop playin coz its to awsome!
conor bp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 01:49 AM   #59
Jsal

Jsal21sk's Gamercard
I gave it a 9 i thought it was the same thing ober and over could of had some more controls, fun game however, ending was so stupid i wanted more, WAY more
Jsal is offline   Reply With Quote