PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Injustice: Gods Among Us
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-01-2013, 02:59 AM   #31
BiggD
Herald of Andraste

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
I honestly give up with this achievement. Damnit! There goes my 100% completion rate I've been streaking up for a year!

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Saints Row IV: Re-Elected
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:11 AM   #32
Ctrl Alt Defeat

CtrI Alt Defeat's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
I honestly give up with this achievement. Damnit! There goes my 100% completion rate I've been streaking up for a year!
LOL. I am about to call it quits myself, at least for a little while. I can't even beat 'Survivor' let alone 'The Max.'

Thanks to the man Slaughter for the godlike sig!
343 Pls.
Ctrl Alt Defeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:50 AM   #33
D.A.N.

Send a message via MSN to D.A.N.

pZ Uncanny Doom's Gamercard
I actually tried Classic Battle on Very Hard with Harley Quinn and wasn't having much trouble. Wasn't doing anything special either, just playing. If The Max is the same Very Hard difficulty and not some super secret THE MAX difficulty I feel like this is attainable. The AI still has MK9-esque habits. Grundy will spam his Walking Corpse grab at a certain range, Lex will Corps Charge, etc. I think it's just a matter of figuring out what the CPU tends to do.

D.A.N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #34
BiggD
Herald of Andraste

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.A.N. View Post
I actually tried Classic Battle on Very Hard with Harley Quinn and wasn't having much trouble. Wasn't doing anything special either, just playing. If The Max is the same Very Hard difficulty and not some super secret THE MAX difficulty I feel like this is attainable. The AI still has MK9-esque habits. Grundy will spam his Walking Corpse grab at a certain range, Lex will Corps Charge, etc. I think it's just a matter of figuring out what the CPU tends to do.
Well of course, you need to understand how the CPU reacts to certain attacks and combos but the fact that they can dish out 25%+ combos every time they touch you is painful. And while I need to take a good 2 day break from the Battles because The Max is so infuriating...I tried Impossible! 5 times and fucked up royally every time

Old 05-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #35
RA1NKING
Banned User

Here is a video of a full playthrough with HawkGirl :
HawkGirl is still the easiest as long as you use tips to beat projectile opponents.

Here is what to do :

Firstly HUGE THANKS to PRSNightfire and Dark Rocky X who gave me this to try and it works very well and is the easiest method so far.

Firstly make sure when you select "The Max" that you avoid the following characters :

Aquaman
Raven
Green Lantern
Lex Luthor
Deathstroke

Now when the match starts jump back and then start with the one and only move you will be using : B,F,Y --( Back , Forward Y )
Just keep timing it that you enter the move as soon as they get up. If they are blocking it does good chip damage so just keep doing the move over and over again.

If you are fighting against a projectile fighter ( Green Arrow , Ares , Sinestro etc ) you will want to get close before doing the move. Either jump over the projectiles to get close or block and dash forward. Once you land the B,F,Y move once then immediately dash to be close to them and do the move again.
If you are cornered or taking a lot of damage be sure to use your Super Move.
This does require a bit of luck , but keep at it and I guarantee you will get it done.

If you do get Deathstroke and want to give it a try use the following strategy by Dark Rocky X :

"knock him down with the dive move if you can, if you do hit him, step back a bit, jump at him and press Y to hit him and after the Jumping Y attack, you can follow up on 2 things: either hit him with a dive or do the X Y A dive move combo! Most of the time he will wakeup with a machine gun(MB) or regular guns move. Just rinse and repeat! And if you got a super move, just get it to connect on him or just wait for him to attack and then go into the super move before his attack connects! You will go right through it!"

Thanks again to my friend Dark Rocky X and PRSNightfire for this Awesome solution.
RA1NKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #36
BiggD
Herald of Andraste

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RA1NKING View Post
Here is a video of a full playthrough with HawkGirl :
HawkGirl is still the easiest as long as you use tips to beat projectile opponents.

Firstly HUGE THANKS to PRSNightfire and Dark Rocky X who gave me this to try and it works very well and is the easiest method so far.

Now when the match starts jump back and then start with the one and only move you will be using : B,F,Y --( Back , Forward Y )
Just keep timing it that you enter the move as soon as they get up. If they are blocking it does good chip damage so just keep doing the move over and over again.

Thanks again to my friend Dark Rocky X and PRSNightfire for this Awesome solution.
While I've given up on this game for at least the next 3 years, I really appreciate all the help you and everyone have given! However, I tried Hawkgirl last night on The Max and it's just so damn hard. The CPU always destroys me with a wake up combo or gets me caught in the corner. I was battling The Flash in the second fight and he managed to ragdoll me with a 21 hit, 35%+ combo. It's so frustrating! I'll try again in like 2016 when my nerves have calmed down.

Also, Hawkgirl was helpful for Impossible! but by the 10th fight, I've already dipped into my second life bar. ARGH!!!

Old 05-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #37
Amazon XD

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
You should add Sinestro to that list of people not to fuck with for The Max. He beats my shit hard.

Don't know why Lex Luthor is on the list though, I had barely a problem with him.

Raven is definitely an issue though. However, I do believe Sinestro is far worse than Deathstroke and Lex Luthor.
Arcade- 24
Most Proud of- First in the World for Duke Nukem 3D.

Most Recent Complete- Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD

Last edited by Amazon XD; 05-03-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Amazon XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #38
mr wong tong

mr wong tong's Gamercard
You know it might be wise to wait for the dlc characters. One of them has gotta be broken as all hell with some sort of infinite or overpowered moveset. You know it. Patience young grasshoppers

mr wong tong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #39
D.A.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon XD View Post
You should add Sinestro to that list of people not to fuck with for The Max. He beats my shit hard.

Don't know why Lex Luthor is on the list though, I had barely a problem with him.

Raven is definitely an issue though. However, I do believe Sinestro is far worse than Deathstroke and Lex Luthor.
Lex gives me tons of problems personally, but Sinestro doesn't.

CPU Lex just perfectly uses his trait and Corps Charge to keep me from pressing any button safely. The only success I've had against him is keepaway characters.

Old 05-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #40
BiggD
Herald of Andraste

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
CPU Lex just perfectly uses his trait and Corps Charge to keep me from pressing any button safely. The only success I've had against him is keepaway characters.
Agreed. Even when using the Hawkgirl method, Lex ALWAYS charges at me with that move. How irritating.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:04 PM   #41
Amazon XD

I've had no problem with Lex as Hawkgirl. Just some dodging, that's all.

Also, a quick tip for getting rid of the harder characters (from the random select)...

Start up The Max and pick the character you hate the most (Green Latern, Raven, Deathstroke, whoever). Quit to battles. The game bases the random select off the last played character and will not have you do mirror matches. Just a way I used to make Green Latern not appear.

Keep in mind, the game will only filter out the last character played. So you can only remove one character from the selected roster.

(I started to wonder why I never saw Hawkgirl in the mix)
Arcade- 24

Old 05-03-2013, 10:15 PM   #42
Amazon XD

Fucking Sinestro. Ugh.

This really is luck based.
Arcade- 24

Old 05-03-2013, 10:37 PM   #43
Xl Synical lX

xl synical lx's Gamercard
Everytime I watch the movie the Perfect Storm with Marky Mark and Clooney

(Spoiler !!!!!!!!!)

I am always glued to the TV. I don't know why but it's like I know the boat is going to sink and there all going to die, but for some strange reason I feel like every time I watch it I think there going to make it...

That's how I feel going for this achievement at first but now.. I am letting that puppy ride !
Old 05-04-2013, 12:34 AM   #44
Amazon XD

OH MY GOD I AM GOING TO RAGE.

I had the most perfect line up.
It was like...

1.) Superman
2.) Green Arrow
3.) Nightwing
4.) Joker
5.) The Flash
6.) Lex Luthor (only hard one)
7.) Doomsday
8.) Solomon Grundy
9.) Ares

I got all the way to Ares, and just started choking. I've never had a problem with Ares, EVER. I whip his ass everytime.

But I just choked. It sucked. I've been sitting here for like 12 hours.
Arcade- 24

Old 05-04-2013, 01:10 AM   #45
xXmyxxmastaXx

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wong tong View Post
You know it might be wise to wait for the dlc characters. One of them has gotta be broken as all hell with some sort of infinite or overpowered moveset. You know it. Patience young grasshoppers
maybe scorpion /
Old 05-04-2013, 02:52 AM   #46
Amazon XD

Just wanted to update. I did finally beat The Max using the Hawkgirl method. Took me countless amounts of tries throughout the entire day. Was playing on and off from 8am until around 10:30 pm. It mainly takes a while to learn which characters you'll need to jump in on, certain distances you need to keep from some characters, etc etc. Just basically getting a feel for it.

I'm going to attempt Impossible now.
Arcade- 24

Old 05-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #47
Castillo82

Castillo82's Gamercard
Finally completed The Max last night! And it is a joyride compared to Impossible! Even with the Doomsday method (which is a great find, props for that btw) I could only make it to the 16th opponent and I barely had any health left... So yeah, I was dispatched quite fast by Mr. Grundy Gonna keep testing out different characters though, I really wanna get it done!

Last edited by Castillo82; 05-04-2013 at 01:25 PM.
Castillo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:01 PM   #48
D.A.N.

So have the people who did The Max done it with the Hawkgirl method?

Old 05-05-2013, 12:37 AM   #49
eurytomid

eurytomid's Gamercard
Quote:
So have the people who did The Max done it with the Hawkgirl method?
Yep I just beat The Max using Hawkgirl, now for Impossible...urg

Sinestro, Cyborg, Killer Frost, Ares, Batman (maybe others?) that have fast projectiles will be a problem for Hawkgirl, but they will only spam them if you are faraway so keep dashing and repeat BF2 as Hawkgirl and you'll be set. Oh and avoid Lex Luthor, Green Lantern, Raven, Deathstroke and possible Aquaman

Last edited by eurytomid; 05-05-2013 at 12:40 AM.
eurytomid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #50
Kellwolf9E

Send a message via AIM to Kellwolf9E

KellwolfB6's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXmyxxmastaXx View Post
maybe scorpion /
I was gonna say that, too. Might be the ONLY redeeming quality.....
Kellwolf9E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #51
Buckles Supreme

Buckles Supreme's Gamercard
Is there anyway to make sure that the game recognizes back forward all the time for the Hawkgirl method? Because I can do the move perfectly in practice mode and then when I go to do the move in The Max I keep getting where the move doesn't go off sometimes and it just does regular Y move and then I get hit for a big combo. Any tips on doing it consistently?
Buckles Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:23 PM   #52
BiggD
Herald of Andraste

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckles Supreme View Post
Is there anyway to make sure that the game recognizes back forward all the time for the Hawkgirl method? Because I can do the move perfectly in practice mode and then when I go to do the move in The Max I keep getting where the move doesn't go off sometimes and it just does regular Y move and then I get hit for a big combo. Any tips on doing it consistently?
I sometimes have this problem. You may just want to user a newer controller. If your current controller is old, the D-Pad might not be as stiff and responsive to the inputs, whereas a new one would be less worn out and read the inputs a lot better.

Or if you have a controller with a transforming D-Pad, that would help a lot too.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #53
Buckles Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
I sometimes have this problem. You may just want to user a newer controller. If your current controller is old, the D-Pad might not be as stiff and responsive to the inputs, whereas a new one would be less worn out and read the inputs a lot better.

Or if you have a controller with a transforming D-Pad, that would help a lot too.
I am using a newer controller with the Transforming D-Pad but the way the D-Pad works when you press forward and then go to backward it will automatically read down or a diagonal direction. Down doesn't mess up the move but the diagonal direction will mess it up causing you to do a standing medium which immediately gets you comboed. Its not the controller I am using unfortunately its the nature of the D-Pad.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:42 AM   #54
Buckles Supreme

I am not sure if posting after yourself is against the rules on this forum but I just wanted to report that I beat The Max today by using the Hawkgirl method. Its basically the same as everyone says but one thing I would say that most people aren't mentioning is that with characters that have a single forward projectile, Ares, Killer Frost, Sinestro, etc. you have to hit them with the move then dash right into their face so they try to melee you and get hit by another one then rinse and repeat till dead. Thats the only difference in that method that I thought I should mention.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:58 AM   #55
Korahn

korahn 27's Gamercard
I'm having problems near the end of Heroes only (Shazam beat me down senseless where other battles went fine). I don't see this achievement as something I'll be getting
Korahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:28 AM   #56
Ctrl Alt Defeat

Any effective cheap stuff with Lobo yet? =]

343 Pls.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:06 AM   #57
D.A.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Defeat View Post
Any effective cheap stuff with Lobo yet? =]
X,Y cancelled into his Czarnian throw will land whether the string hits or the opponent blocks it. I've been trying The Max with this but still having trouble. The CPU knows to duck and interrupt the first hit of the string since it hits high.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #58
STARINFLAMES21

STARINFLAMES21's Gamercard
This is the only hard achievement I'm missing, can't do the max. I don't understand what people do with doomsday and hawkgirl is based on luck,

STARINFLAMES21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #59
Buckles Supreme

Is anyone going to put a completed run of Impossible! on youtube anytime soon? I am trying the doomsday method but I seem to still be losing too much health too early and I want to see someone else's method with it because from what I have heard it is supposed to be a cakewalk with Doomsday but I am not getting the same result.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #60
Ctrl Alt Defeat

I tweeted NRS about this cause I was bored:

Someone over there has a sense of humor. LOL.

343 Pls.