PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Injustice: Gods Among Us
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-09-2013, 08:08 PM   #61
Kellwolf9E

Send a message via AIM to Kellwolf9E

KellwolfB6's Gamercard
Well, there's a difference between "easy" and whatever the hell those are. They're not easy, and the shouldn't be. But I shouldn't have to sell my soul to get the skills to do it. I don't mind spending a lot of time in Practice mode to get better and do them, but damn. When you have to resort to finding a character to exploit to get past them, maybe, just MAYBE NRS made 'em a little too difficult. Maybe Batgirl's teleport will be what we need.....
Kellwolf9E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #62
Total Shinobi

Grey Kiryu's Gamercard
The difficulty doesn't bother me. It's called an achievement for a reason. That sense of accomplishment when you finally get it after hours of hard work is unbeatable.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:17 PM   #63
BiggD
125 More Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Defeat View Post
I tweeted NRS about this cause I was bored:

Someone over there has a sense of humor. LOL.
While The Max takes skill, Impossible! is just stupid...

We already have Full House (Full Cast?) and Survivor, so why on earth did they feel the need to combine the two to create the Impossible! Battle?

Thanks to XeroFox for the sinister signature!

Batman: Arkham City | XBA Blog

Last edited by BiggD; 05-09-2013 at 09:04 PM.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:50 PM   #64
Kellwolf9E

KellwolfB6's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Shinobi View Post
The difficulty doesn't bother me. It's called an achievement for a reason. That sense of accomplishment when you finally get it after hours of hard work is unbeatable.
You obviously have more faith in me than I do......
Old 05-10-2013, 03:52 AM   #65
Total Shinobi

Grey Kiryu's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellwolf9E View Post
You obviously have more faith in me than I do......
With enough patience you can, of that I'm sure. That is all it takes, after all. Patience. Sit down with a character you like and learn the combos, learn the chains and the bounces. It just depends on whether or not you're willing to put the time into it.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:02 AM   #66
Buckles Supreme

Buckles Supreme's Gamercard
Alright I understand that someone people are posting that people that are casual with the game need to learn the combos and strings and all that but the main problem with Impossible! is the fact that you can't get hit. Even if you know all combos with your character you can still get randomly hit and it adds up. I have been trying for days now and I can't for the life of me figure out the best way to use a character that will get hit the least the whole idea behind Impossible! is not getting hit.
Buckles Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:53 AM   #67
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckles Supreme View Post
Alright I understand that someone people are posting that people that are casual with the game need to learn the combos and strings and all that but the main problem with Impossible! is the fact that you can't get hit. Even if you know all combos with your character you can still get randomly hit and it adds up. I have been trying for days now and I can't for the life of me figure out the best way to use a character that will get hit the least the whole idea behind Impossible! is not getting hit.
Yeah that's the thing. You essentially have to go Flawless in maybe 17/24 fights or else you're fucked. And I have no idea how people can do so even when using the popular Hawkgirl and Doomsday methods.

And yes I know interactions, Super Moves, and transitions give you back 10% while winning gives you back 25% ... but by the 15th fight, when I'm already in my second life bar, that doesn't help.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:15 PM   #68
Kellwolf9E

KellwolfB6's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Yeah that's the thing. You essentially have to go Flawless in maybe 17/24 fights or else you're fucked. And I have no idea how people can do so even when using the popular Hawkgirl and Doomsday methods.

And yes I know interactions, Super Moves, and transitions give you back 10% while winning gives you back 25% ... but by the 15th fight, when I'm already in my second life bar, that doesn't help.
Not to mention gambling on a transition, if the AI blocks it, there goes the whole thing, since they're going to punish you so badly you won't be able to make it the rest of the way.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #69
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellwolf9E View Post
Not to mention gambling on a transition, if the AI blocks it, there goes the whole thing, since they're going to punish you so badly you won't be able to make it the rest of the way.
Yes! For instance, I tried smacking Ares down the steps in Themyscira, but he blocked it. And although I'm pretty sure the AI is set to "Medium Difficulty" he obliterated me and took out more than 40% of my health with a God-like combo.

I just don't understand how to pass the first 15 fights without dipping into my 2nd health bar.

Last edited by BiggD; 05-10-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #70
absolutehell

absoluteHELL's Gamercard
I don't know if this will help in anyway, but I used Bane. The combo I used for most of it was Jump-down A, BackYA, XYA Downbackforward A. It does over 30 percent I believe without any venom. You might have to be a little familiar with the character as this combo won't work all the time, and you'll need ways to get close to zoners, but it is a relatively simple string for good damage.

Thanks to GSDragon for the sig!

absolutehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:22 AM   #71
Total Shinobi

Grey Kiryu's Gamercard
Quote:
You ever watched one of the big fighting game tournaments? the ones that are worth insane amounts of money? watching some of those guys play is really something else. They have learnt every combo of every character, so they know when to block and at what time to move aside. I'm not saying that's what you should do too, but hey sometimes achievements are too difficult, the game shouldn't be changed because some people struggle with unlocking them.

May as well rename them to Pity Points or some shit.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #72
Garlador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Shinobi View Post
You ever watched one of the big fighting game tournaments? the ones that are worth insane amounts of money? watching some of those guys play is really something else. They have learnt every combo of every character, so they know when to block and at what time to move aside. I'm not saying that's what you should do too, but hey sometimes achievements are too difficult, the game shouldn't be changed because some people struggle with unlocking them.

May as well rename them to Pity Points or some shit.
No, this is a bit different. For starters, the high-level fighting tournaments typically have both players taking HEAVY damage and squeaking by victories. There is also match-ups that they intentionally try to avoid or characters they pick that have an advantage over other players. They don't have to fight the entire roster at once, and high-level players typically learn one or two characters for that reason; some characters just suck against other characters and high-level players WON'T pick them for that very reason if their opponent is a character that puts them at a disadvantage. The Battle modes, however, prevent you from changing your character during unfavorable match-ups, something tournament players don't bother to train for; they avoid the issue entirely.

I'm pretty good at the game myself, and can routinely pull off high-damage, high-level combos quite consistently. Dealing damage or doing high-level combos are not the problem. The problem is TAKING damage.

And I know when to block. The problem is that many characters in the game still dish out heavy damage and even the chip-damage adds up. I successfully blocked about 10 hits from Doomsday in a row, but my health bar still depleted by a worrying amount. Blocking projectiles can be even worse. And then there are simply unblockable attacks and characters with priority-speeds that you simply can't get around short of burning meter to end their combos and environmental damage in particular can be sorely difficult to avoid at times.

The battles are heavily dependent on just how generous the AI can be. I've played matches where they barely moved, yet others would set me up for 40-50% combos if I made one wrong move (or they blocked and I was left open). The damage accrues and that's the major issue. I can counter any hit I get with a high-damage counter of my own, or successfully block and dodge most attacks, but the little things add up and there's too many unknowns in every battle (unfavorable match-ups, locations, AI spikes, etc.) to have any sort of consistent strategy. You could perfect the game and be the most amazing player to ever grace the earth, but you'd still be subject to the whims of a mad AI if they felt you needed to be taken down a few notches.

Should it be easy? No. Should it be less about skill and more about dumb luck? No. But it relies just as much on luck as it does on skill. At that point, it's no longer a game: it's a slot machine, a gamble, and no amount of preparation can even those odds.

Last edited by Garlador; 05-11-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Garlador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #73
eurytomid

eurytomid's Gamercard
Finally got it today, man was it a tough one. Impossible with Doomsday and The Max with Hawkgirl. Definitely one of the most challenging achievements I've done in a while. Feels good putting that into my trophy case that's for sure. Now just to boost it up to lv 100 and I am done
eurytomid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:41 PM   #74
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

The Max, takes skill.

Impossible!, is mostly 75% luck.

Old 05-12-2013, 12:38 AM   #75
eurytomid

eurytomid's Gamercard
Quote:
The Max, takes skill.

Impossible!, is mostly 75% luck.
Yep, which is why it took so much longer for me to finish Impossible...
Old 05-12-2013, 12:54 AM   #76
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurytomid View Post
Yep, which is why it took so much longer for me to finish Impossible...
I can't finish either of them! I lack the luck and skill

Old 05-12-2013, 01:23 AM   #77
eurytomid

eurytomid's Gamercard
Quote:
I can't finish either of them! I lack the luck and skill
They will both come with enough practice, the key is patience (keep resetting till you get a good line up, keep trying when the computer randomly decides to beat you down)
Old 05-12-2013, 01:37 AM   #78
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
They will both come with enough practice, the key is patience (keep resetting till you get a good line up, keep trying when the computer randomly decides to beat you down)
Practice is only getting me so far! I can see The Max being decent, but Impossible! will be frustrating if I keep getting to the 15th or 18th fight with only half of my second health bar left!

Old 05-12-2013, 03:05 AM   #79
eurytomid

eurytomid's Gamercard
Quote:
Practice is only getting me so far! I can see The Max being decent, but Impossible! will be frustrating if I keep getting to the 15th or 18th fight with only half of my second health bar left!
Yea that happened to me so many times...
Old 05-12-2013, 05:22 AM   #80
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Yea that happened to me so many times...
Yeah I can get past the first 2 or 3 fights flawless, but 5-12 begin to slowly chip away at my health. Not to mention, I'm awful with the Doomsday method

Old 05-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #81
Buckles Supreme

See the problem with Survival modes is that with any other game that makes your conserve health like strategy survival and almost any other genre is that you have an idea of how to conserve health and there isn't a whole lot of random variables to take into account. With any fighting game you can't expect anything to happen thats why they are so much fun competitively is because you never know whats going to happen. The problem is is that the game mode is expecting you to know whats going to happen and then punishes you when you don't. Its also a problem because your supposed to play fighting games like your playing another person but there is no prediction when fighting against a computer. Just a few thoughts of why this is so punishing in a fighting game.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #82
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
See the problem with Survival modes is that with any other game that makes your conserve health like strategy survival and almost any other genre is that you have an idea of how to conserve health and there isn't a whole lot of random variables to take into account. With any fighting game you can't expect anything to happen thats why they are so much fun competitively is because you never know whats going to happen. The problem is is that the game mode is expecting you to know whats going to happen and then punishes you when you don't. Its also a problem because your supposed to play fighting games like your playing another person but there is no prediction when fighting against a computer. Just a few thoughts of why this is so punishing in a fighting game.
Yupp, the AI is unpredictable and dangerous as hell in this game. It's all a gamble when going into a fight against the AI, regardless of difficulty really.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:29 AM   #83
Buckles Supreme

Rargh! I have been at this Impossible! ladder for like 2 weeks and I don't want to take a break with it because in fighting games you only get worse if you decide to not play for a while. The closest I got was to opponent 22 and then Sinestro managed to spam me to death. This is so frustrating and disheartening how random and stupidly luck based to win this is. I am posting a guide sometime today that will give tips and tricks on what I have learned from trying to beat it and I will definitely put up the full run when I finally beat it. Its just sooo difficult.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #84
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I didn't think this would be too hard. I'm pretty average at the game and have done about 13 battles no problem. (Apart from superman in classic battle) Then i got to "the max" and the one health bar one.

Not even going to try.

Someone of my skill level has no hope

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:56 PM   #85
eurytomid

eurytomid's Gamercard
Quote:
Rargh! I have been at this Impossible! ladder for like 2 weeks and I don't want to take a break with it because in fighting games you only get worse if you decide to not play for a while. The closest I got was to opponent 22 and then Sinestro managed to spam me to death. This is so frustrating and disheartening how random and stupidly luck based to win this is. I am posting a guide sometime today that will give tips and tricks on what I have learned from trying to beat it and I will definitely put up the full run when I finally beat it. Its just sooo difficult.
It will only make the sound of that achievement popping so much sweeter...I totally shouted YES at the top of my lung when I got it, good thing nobody was home haha
Old 05-15-2013, 12:41 PM   #86
DNC Protoman

DNC Protoman's Gamercard
Here's what needs to happen. All of the staff that worked on Injustice need to be sat down and made to play The Max and Impossible!

Those that beat it can keep their jobs. Those that can't get fired.
DNC Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:54 AM   #87
Buckles Supreme

YESS!!!! I FREAKING DID IT!!!! I was about to go to bed but then I noticed that I have the most perfect line up in the history of mankind and I was like to myself, "I might as well try once and then go to bed." So I made my capture card record and started my run. I have never been so satisfied before to see that achievement icon pop. Since I recorded the whole run I will be uploading it to my Youtube channel so that other people can see what they should be doing when facing off in this. My hands are still shaking from getting this. ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!!!
Old 05-16-2013, 07:15 AM   #88
Ctrl Alt Defeat

CtrI Alt Defeat's Gamercard
Quote:
YESS!!!! I FREAKING DID IT!!!! I was about to go to bed but then I noticed that I have the most perfect line up in the history of mankind and I was like to myself, "I might as well try once and then go to bed." So I made my capture card record and started my run. I have never been so satisfied before to see that achievement icon pop. Since I recorded the whole run I will be uploading it to my Youtube channel so that other people can see what they should be doing when facing off in this. My hands are still shaking from getting this. ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!!!
Hawkgirl or Doomsday?

11.11.14 Halo 2 is back baby<3
Ctrl Alt Defeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #89
eurytomid

eurytomid's Gamercard
Quote:
Nice congrats, it feels good doesn't it haha. Let us know when you have the video uploaded
Old 05-16-2013, 11:46 PM   #90
Buckles Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Defeat View Post
Hawkgirl or Doomsday?
It was the Doomsday method and I think the one is probably the preferred method because Hawkgirl's method gets stuffed by projectile characters and Green Lantern.