PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Simulation > Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-15-2007, 11:32 AM   #1
pongsifu

pongsifu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Stuck on Mission 9

I must really suck at this game, even on easy I can't beat this level. If I go straight for the flying fortress the planes shoot me before I can kill it and if I go for the planes the fortress shoots me with cruise missiles. What am I supposed to do for this mission to be completed, or what should I kill first.

EDIT: This thread can be deleted, I eventually gave up and returned the game.

Games Completed: 11

Last edited by pongsifu; 11-16-2007 at 09:13 AM.
pongsifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 02:07 PM   #2
Xc0mmand0

Send a message via MSN to Xc0mmand0

Xc0mmand0's Gamercard
well, i need help on expet, i've managed to take down the 2 on the side that fly in a strait pattern. then i either get shot down by aa or a figter. could i get any tips to help keep the fighters off my back?

360Voice

100% Retail: NFS:Most Wanted, LSW2:TOT, LOTR:BFME2, Viva Pinata, COD2, Test Drive Unlimited, Civilization Revolution, Frontlines:FOW, Oblivion, Crackdown, Gears of War, Halo 3, CoD:WaW

100% Arcade: Cloning Clyde, Pac-Man, Gauntlet, Hardwood Hearts, UNO!, Banjo-Kazooie
Xc0mmand0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:16 AM   #3
deiXide

deiXide's Gamercard
I'm stuck on this level too.... on easy
deiXide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:27 PM   #4
Catticus XIII

Catticus XIII's Gamercard
I beat this level on expert yesterday. FINALLY. I took my F22A Raptor and XMA6 missles. Leave Shamrock on cover and go after the side ships. One at a time preferably. After one goes down your allied attack fills. Use it up on the other ships and keep unloading XMA6 missles till you're out. I more or less ignored the aigigon or whatever it's called until the other planes were all down. They all go down the same. Shoot all the original targets and the engines appear. Shoot all the engines and the cockpit appears with the name of the ship. Shoot that and good bye ship. I went after the gyges first after I shot down the six fuel planes that aren't targets. I don't know if you need to get those but what the heck? Hope this helps. This level sucks!

Last edited by Catticus XIII; 12-04-2007 at 01:42 PM.
Catticus XIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:52 AM   #5
Dj-spuddy

djspuddy's Gamercard
I actually love this level it's my favourate. Also you better get used to it if you want to complete CO-OP Mission 2. Same as Catticus said, I always take out the smaller side planes first and leave the main ship for last. I completely ignore Strigon team and always call for allied support to cover me. They instantly go after Strigon team and most of them die pretty quickly. Another tactic that might help you is to try to destroy the Strigon members as they fly from the main ship. They are extremely slow on take off and can't dodge you're missiles if you're firing at them head on.

I never ever waste my missiles on the smaller ships and this is a great way to get the machine-gun medals. Use you're missiles to only attack the AA turrets on the large side planes. Then just slow down and drift from side to side machine gunning the engines. The AA Guns are pretty hard to hit with the missiles. So when I lock on to them I tilt my craft upwards so the missile flies over the ship and hits the turret rather than hitting the main hull of the ship.

Nothing else to say really except try not to stall when slowly shooting at the ships, You could lose control and crash straight into it. Also as you're probably aware, Try not to fly into planes you have shot down as they can cause you're plane to explode.
Dj-spuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 05:38 PM   #6
Acrid Placidity
Banned User

How do you beat this mission using only bullets? I'm doing it on easy right now and shooting the hell out of the cockpit at the end, but it never says "hit", even when I'm clearly hitting it. Any help would be appreciated.
Acrid Placidity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:06 PM   #7
x YNWA x

x YNWA x's Gamercard
I did it on my 2nd attempt, didnt find it too hard to be honest, used the first plane u get in the game too lol
x YNWA x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:42 PM   #8
Acrid Placidity
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by x YNWA x View Post
I did it on my 2nd attempt, didnt find it too hard to be honest, used the first plane u get in the game too lol
Howwwwwwwwwww.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:11 PM   #9
Canary Wundaboy
Banned User

Jedi Wundaboy's Gamercard
Beat this on Hard without dying.
Used the F22A Raptor with XAM6 missiles.
Went after the large ships using the SP missiles, then used the allied cover to blast the Strigon jets into oblivion.
Canary Wundaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 01:43 AM   #10
x YNWA x

x YNWA x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrid Placidity View Post
Howwwwwwwwwww.
I dunno, I just took down the side planes first and then used the allied thing as often as I could, I thought it was a challenge using the first plane which I think is an f14 but was the best all round plane I had at the time, doing my 2nd run and did it well easier this time with a better plane though, can fire 6 missiles or 8 off at once now so a lot quicker

Just take down the side planes first and then its easy from there.
x YNWA x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:44 PM   #11
Acrid Placidity
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by x YNWA x View Post
I dunno, I just took down the side planes first and then used the allied thing as often as I could, I thought it was a challenge using the first plane which I think is an f14 but was the best all round plane I had at the time, doing my 2nd run and did it well easier this time with a better plane though, can fire 6 missiles or 8 off at once now so a lot quicker

Just take down the side planes first and then its easy from there.
But that's not what I asked. See I thought you meant you did it with machine gun ONLY. This level is EXTREMELY easy, as is any level with missiles. There should be no problems while using missiles. It is the MG only that is giving me a hard time.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:11 PM   #12
Con Air

Stuck on this too.. which is the best plane and weapons to use? bearing in mind i've only got the planes i've won so far..

F-16
Mirage2000
A-10A
Tornado GR.4
F/A-18F
F-2A
F-14
Su-33
Con Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:30 PM   #13
JuhoMika

Con Air:
Use Sukhoi with XMA4 and lots of allied attack/cover.
JuhoMika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:43 PM   #14
FiReStOrM^

xFiRe5tOrMx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I just done mission 9 with the machine gun, so it isn't that bad
FiReStOrM^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:47 AM   #15
ggrozny

How do you activate allied support, it has been awhile since I played this game. I gave up on this mission.
ggrozny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 04:20 PM   #16
FiReStOrM^

xFiRe5tOrMx's Gamercard

When the bar on the screen fils up, you can press (and HOLD!) Up for Allied Attach and Down for Allied Cover
Old 02-10-2008, 11:00 AM   #17
Batman.

Use the S33 with RCL.. you'll be suprised how easy it is..
Batman. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:52 AM   #18
Urbanassault8

Send a message via AIM to Urbanassault8

Urbanassault8's Gamercard
ok when i did it i just used my allied attack and to take out planes while i took down the bigger ships then i just went after each ship one by one. did it on my 2nd try...1st try i flew into the big ship at the end cuz i had trouble hitting the cockpit and ended up crashing in there haha
Urbanassault8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:34 AM   #19
FiReStOrM^

xFiRe5tOrMx's Gamercard

It saves a checkpoint just before the part wherer you have to destroy the cockpit though, you didn't start it over again did ya?
Old 02-27-2008, 05:13 AM   #20
artvandel4y

The AL CaPwn's Gamercard
use the RCL with SU33. RCL great for a nice spread damage on the ships and engines
artvandel4y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:04 PM   #21
venom1983Pro

venom1983PRO's Gamercard
The allied attack and cover does that have to be blue before you can use it?

venom1983Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:16 PM   #22
stonedpimpdaddy

Shlavocky's Gamercard
Yeah I hated this mission too...I eventually gave up and gave it back to my buddy and started playing sumthin else that wasn't so frustrating. If I would've kept playing it then i prolly wouldve broken my controller.. or prolly the game.
stonedpimpdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:42 AM   #23
Soldier 4 I AM

Soldier 4 I AM's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj-spuddy View Post
I actually love this level it's my favourate. Also you better get used to it if you want to complete CO-OP Mission 2. Same as Catticus said, I always take out the smaller side planes first and leave the main ship for last. I completely ignore Strigon team and always call for allied support to cover me. They instantly go after Strigon team and most of them die pretty quickly. Another tactic that might help you is to try to destroy the Strigon members as they fly from the main ship. They are extremely slow on take off and can't dodge you're missiles if you're firing at them head on.

I never ever waste my missiles on the smaller ships and this is a great way to get the machine-gun medals. Use you're missiles to only attack the AA turrets on the large side planes. Then just slow down and drift from side to side machine gunning the engines. The AA Guns are pretty hard to hit with the missiles. So when I lock on to them I tilt my craft upwards so the missile flies over the ship and hits the turret rather than hitting the main hull of the ship.

Nothing else to say really except try not to stall when slowly shooting at the ships, You could lose control and crash straight into it. Also as you're probably aware, Try not to fly into planes you have shot down as they can cause you're plane to explode.
This works the best. I used the F-22A for this mission and i used the A-10 for the Gun only achievement.

GT: Soldier 4 I AM

1000:
200+ Retail Completed
Soldier 4 I AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:16 PM   #24
l337scotsman

l337scotsman's Gamercard
easiest way to beat this level on any difficulty is to immidiately go for the ships on the outside, cfa-44 with admm is your best chance for success if youre not that experienced. once you down a ship your allied assistance bar will fill, move onto the next ship and use the admm to takeout all the engines, then swith to missile for the cockpit. when ever it gets intense with the enemy planes and strigons hold 'down' on the d-pad and all your allies will help. make sure to take out the enemy esm whenever possible. soon the aigion will be left and most of the enemy planes will be down. using admm take out all the aa guns on the aigaion. when the engine targets pop up use allied assistance 'up' on d-pad and take out remaining engines with left over admms. now the cockpit on the aigion should appear as target 'depends on difficulty' this one is tricky as you can only use normal missles or machine gun. you need to be flying towards it from a lower altitude and fire from a tight angle. once thats down youre left with the core ' depends on difficulty'

just fly into it from behind 'after destroying all aa guns' and spam missiles into it.

you should have 18 minutes to spare so theres no real rush.
l337scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:16 PM   #25
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
F22A Raptor and XMA6 missles
Thats what I used, took most the fighters out pretty quick with the xma6 missiles and the ships themselves are easy to take down with regular missles...just lock on fire and fly away from them and repeat till they go down... dont think I got hit at all doing it that way.

But I have only completed the game on easy so far, im sure it wont be so easy on the harder difficulties
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:14 PM   #26
Union 360

Union 360's Gamercard
I've found that it really helps to press down for your wingman to cover you. Once you've taken down a few of the smaller ships, your Allied attack meter should fill up. Instead of holding up for Allied Attack, hold DOWN for Allied Cover. This will send most of your allies against the Strigon team. Once those guys are off your back, it's much easier to take out the remaining craft.
Union 360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:06 PM   #27
XzAceOfSpadeszX

XzACEOFSPADESzX's Gamercard
Use SP weapons that have the multi-target ability. Just line up those shots on the ships and also use allied attack. Allied attack helps you a ton!
Old 04-08-2009, 11:34 PM   #28
Heners

Send a message via MSN to Heners Send a message via Skype™ to Heners

ACL Heners's Gamercard
i found the mission quite easy
just keep on coarse with hight
Old 04-30-2009, 08:33 AM   #29
Pogo27

This mission is absolutely retarded.

If I put my wingman on attack, he flies around and tells me about how all his missiles are missing. If I put him on cover, he follows me around and tells me how there's a missile incoming.

Absolute incompetence.

He doesn't take out anything when I put him on attack, and he doesn't take out fighters going after me when I put him on cover.

The first time I played this level, I got all the big planes down except the main one, and then managed to fly straight into it. Guess what? There's no check point anywhere, so I got to start all the way over, and sense then, I haven't been able to take out any of the big planes or get any allied support.

Because of stupid AI wingman who's probably got one hand on his joystick and his other on the plane's...

I'm so frustrated.

This game was cool until this stupid level with these unrealistic monster planes which apparently made my otherwise decent wingman absolutely incompetent for this level.
Pogo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:04 PM   #30
SBC Master57

SBC Master57's Gamercard
all i did fo rthis mission is fly around with my guns blazing and when the big one is in fron just unload on the engines...but u should take out the guns on all the ships first
SBC Master57 is offline   Reply With Quote