PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shooter > God Mode
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-20-2013, 08:42 AM   #1
DROGTURIST

DROGTURIST's Gamercard
Does your character actually level up?

I feel like the game is pretty damn vague on this point. Does your character's abilities improve as you level up?

There are those (even more) vague icons on the stat screen after beating a level, but what the hell do they mean? Are those supposed to indicate that my character got better in different categories? What's the difference between a bicep with a plus and a bicep with an arrow pointing up? I just had one with the icon of an UZI, saying "x5" on it. x5 what?

Edit: To clarify, I do of course know that I unlock new items and stuff with the leveling up, but does my guy's defense/attack/whatever rise as well?

Last edited by DROGTURIST; 04-20-2013 at 08:47 AM.
DROGTURIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #2
Ollie Stacey

Ollie Stacey's Gamercard
I've been wondering about this. Can anyone help? This game seems pretty hard on solo gold. Can't wait to unlock better weapons!

TODD AND THE BOOK OF PURE EVIL
Ollie Stacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:00 AM   #3
WORLDEATER

WORLDEATER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I can't say for sure but I don't think your character has any stats that improve. The health doesn't seem to increase as I am level 8 and can take the same punishment in bronze no Oaths before I die.
WORLDEATER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:52 PM   #4
The Phoenix 097

The phoenix 097's Gamercard
No, your character doesnt level up per say, its just to unlock new weapons, abilities and skin.
The Phoenix 097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:33 PM   #5
DROGTURIST

DROGTURIST's Gamercard
I finally figured out what the stat screen icons mean; arrow icon means you unlocked a weapon (SMG icon) or an ability (bicep icon), plus icon means you unlocked more upgrades for each category, clothes icon means more clothes and the first one is for ranking up. That was confusing and obtuse...

So, yeah, no character upgrading. That sucks. I hope some of the later weapons are better with upgrades than they are without, because everything above the assault rifle really sucks when I get the 'Dice' test of faith.
DROGTURIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:44 PM   #6
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DROGTURIST View Post
I finally figured out what the stat screen icons mean; arrow icon means you unlocked a weapon (SMG icon) or an ability (bicep icon), plus icon means you unlocked more upgrades for each category, clothes icon means more clothes and the first one is for ranking up. That was confusing and obtuse...

So, yeah, no character upgrading. That sucks. I hope some of the later weapons are better with upgrades than they are without, because everything above the assault rifle really sucks when I get the 'Dice' test of faith.
Use a fully upgraded SMG. That thing tears through enemies fast. I can pull 200+ kills and no deaths easy in a maze.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #7
WORLDEATER

WORLDEATER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
The plasma pistol with no upgrades is pretty good. A well placed shot can take out a bunch of skeletons.
WORLDEATER is offline   Reply With Quote