PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > F.E.A.R. Files
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-15-2007, 08:52 PM   #1
Butters

BUTTERS7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide

F.E.A.R. Files Achievement Guide

Instant Gratification
20 Complete all Instant Action maps on any difficulty in any order.

I suggest just doing this before preparing for the Glutton for Punishment cheeve, it's good to warm up and get familiar with the maps before going extreme, this can be done on low.

Glutton for Punishment
55 Complete all Instant Action maps on Extreme difficulty in any order.

Probably the hardest cheeves, this will take dedication and practice and it will unlock the instant gratification cheeve, I have a guide up on the forum - http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ad.php?t=44926
Entering Desolation
30 Complete the Extraction Point campaign through “Holiday”.

Simple, like it says, just get to this point in the campaign, any difficulty.
Confronting the Leviathans
30 Complete the Extraction Point campaign through “The L”.

Living in Fear
60 Complete the Extraction Point campaign.

Simple, like it says, just beat the campaign, any difficulty.
Mastery of Fear
75 Complete the Extraction Point campaign on Extreme.

A pretty tough cheeve, this will also take a lot of time and dedication, if you are having trouble try it on a lower difficulty first. Just remember that leaning and slo mo are your best friends. I advise not using shotgun very often or any other weapons that take either a lot of bullets or a lot of time to kill enemies. Always try to stay in areas where you cannot be flanked because the AI will flank you and F..k you...This should be easier than beating the Perseus Mandate on extreme, or at least in my opinion it was easier because there are no elites and really tough boss battles. Here is a weapon guide too if you wonder what you should be using, http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ad.php?t=45028

Achievement Boost
40 Find all the health and slo-mo boosters in the Extraction Point campaign.

I've posted a guide that has all but one booster in it but I've posted the missing one right with it. Remember if you die after getting one make sure you pick it up again. This also has to be done in one play through, you cannot just start each interval and get them. http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ad.php?t=44687
No Batteries
15 Complete the Extraction Point campaign without letting the flashlight run down.

Simple, a cheeve that might scare you guys a bit but all you have to do is not let the flashlight run ALL the way down until it shuts off, you can still use your flashlight. I used a flickering technique to save battery, just switch it on real quick to see what you need and turn it off. The main thing is just not forgetting that it's on.

Fear My Wrath
55 Kill every enemy in the Extraction Point campaign.

Also simple, Just don't leave any areas without killing everything. If AI allies kill them don't worry, if ghosts hit you, don't worry. I got this on extreme because you really can't afford to run by or leave any enemies left because they can kill you so easily. Leave none alive...
Take a Message
15 Answered all the phones in the Extraction Point campaign.

I have not made a list yet for these but it shouldn't be hard to find them all, there are 4 or 5 phones total. No laptops required.

Laser Showoff
15 Kill 30 enemies with the Type-12 Laser Carbine.

Don't worry about this one, just pick up the weapon whenever possible and use your ammo wisely on enemies. There are definitely enough chances to get this though. Any difficulty. Note - I do not know if it can be done in multiplayer, since it says just kill enemies and it does not specify if it must be in campaign, you might as well do it in campaign anyways.

Minigun Marauder
15 Kill 30 enemies with the TG-2A Minigun.

This weapon appears very often and you should be able to mow down 30 enemies with it easily on any difficulty. Note - I do not know if it can be done in multiplayer, since it says just kill enemies and it does not specify if it must be in campaign, you might as well do it in campaign anyways.

Control Freak
15 Capture 25 control points in ranked Control matches.

See Cycle of F.E.A.R.
Conquering Hero
15 Capture 25 control points in ranked Conquer All matches.

See Cycle of F.E.A.R.
Cycle of F.E.A.R.
35 Win a ranked multiplayer game on all maps (gametype not important).

All you have to do is play elimination for the smaller maps, play conquer all for all the bigs maps. Also just choose high tech and go in and out of a territory for the control takes. In the settings before making game you can adjust taking time to almost 0. Trade back and forth with a friend until all maps are done. In the mean time, you can also get the "Test Drive the New Toys" cheeve by finding the new weapons to kill each other with. This must be ranked so just find each other's rooms.
Fear the Reaper
10 Kill 3 players while SloMo is active in a ranked SloMo multiplayer match.

Easy, just setup a slo mo type game type and have your friends find the game and take turns, just make sure the meter is all the way up before activating to ensure enough time to kill 3, can be done with 2 friends and one can rush back after spawning if you set the spawn to as low as possible.

Last edited by Butters; 11-20-2007 at 10:24 PM.
Butters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:57 PM   #2
Butters

BUTTERS7's Gamercard

Arrival At the Scene
20 Complete the Perseus Mandate campaign through "Underneath".

Understanding the Enemy
20 Complete the Perseus Mandate campaign through "Disturbance".

Beginning of the End
20 Complete the Perseus Mandate campaign through "The Plaza Chase".

Former Foes
20 Complete the Perseus Mandate campaign through "Basecamp".

A Darker Place
20 Complete the Perseus Mandate campaign through "Labyrinth".

An End to FEAR
35 Complete the Perseus Mandate campaign.

Simple, like it says, just beat the campaign, any difficulty.
Nothing to FEAR
50 Complete the Perseus Mandate campaign on Extreme difficulty.

A pretty tough cheeve, this will also take a lot of time and dedication, if you are having trouble try it on a lower difficulty first. Just remember that leaning and slo mo are your best friends. This campaign in my opinion is much harder and longer, especially harder because of the new enemies that are even tougher than the replicas. Use the same techniques I noted in the Mastery of Fear cheeve. Here is a weapon guide too if you wonder what you should be using, http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ad.php?t=45028
More Assault Than Recon
40 Kill every enemy in the Perseus Mandate campaign.

Also simple, Just don't leave any areas without killing everything. If AI allies kill them don't worry, if ghosts hit you, don't worry. I got this on extreme because you really can't afford to run by or leave any enemies left because they can kill you so easily. Leave none alive...
High-Tech Hitman
10 Kill 20 enemies with the LP4 Lightning Arc Weapon in the Perseus Mandate Campaign.

This is different than the minigun and laser cheeve because I at least know that this must be done in campaign. You will come across this weapon rarely and you should use it wisely, make sure you are close to whoever you are trying to kill with it, head shots help too.
An Advanced Arsenal
10 Kill 30 enemies with the VES Advanced Rifle the Perseus Mandate Campaign.

This is different than the minigun and laser cheeve because I at least know that this must be done in campaign. There are literally butt loads of these in the campaign and should have no problem getting this.
The Bouncing Boom
10 Kill 20 enemies with the K3-BT Grenade Launcher in the Perseus Mandate Campaign.

This is different than the minigun and laser cheeve because I at least know that this must be done in campaign. These are relatively common and you should be able to even get more than one kill per shot if you time things right.
Arms Master
10 Kill enemies with every weapon at least once in the Perseus Mandate campaign.

All you have to do is get one kill per weapon (including grenades/mines/and trigger grenades) it will unlock once you've gotten the last weapon kill, auto shotgun is not in campaign so don't worry about that. There is a list in menu you can check.
Detective
10 Find all phone messages and laptops in the Perseus Mandate campaign.

See You Like the Juice
You Like the Juice
10 Find every booster in the Perseus Mandate campaign.

I've made a guide that says in order where to find phones,laptops, health boosters, and reflexes. http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ad.php?t=44484
Mastered Your FEAR
50 Complete the Perseus Mandate campaign without dying.

This cheeve is actually way easier than it seems because you can play through on low and all you have to worry about is falling off high places or grenading yourself, so if you can handle that you are good to go.
Action Initiate
25 Complete any Instant Action map.

Simple, beat any map any difficulty.
Action Veteran
25 Complete any Instant Action map on Extreme difficulty.

The easiest map on extreme in my opinion is clinic.
Camping the Goods
25 Obtain 150 Health and 100 Armor in a multiplayer game.

Very easy, don't even need to boost for this, just start off and find a armor on the map, then just hide until it respawns and pick it up again.
Test Drive the New Toys
25 Kill players in ranked multiplayer with the VES, K3-BT, LP4, TG-2A, and Type-12.

See Cycle of F.E.A.R.
A Player to FEAR
25 Kill 10 players without dying in multiplayer.

You can do this in a real game or boost, can be done in unranked and ranked, simple just kill 10 in a row without dying...a killing frenzy if you will.

Last edited by Butters; 11-20-2007 at 07:25 AM.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:10 PM   #3
Butters

BUTTERS7's Gamercard

Secret Cheeves. Sorry the format may be a tad different because the secrets aren't up on the site yet so I pulled them from my profile.

5 You Must Be on the Team
Viewed the entire Perseus Mandate credits.

Do I really need to explain this one? Just wait until it pops up.

10Cutting Off the Head
Defeated the Nightcrawler Commander.

This is towards the end of the campaign and can be achieved on any difficulty. For you guys playing this on extreme he is one bad mutha trucka and will kill you very fast, for the most part hide and keep in cover lean out to take out all his soldiers. When the time comes try to fight him 1v1, use a lot of penetrator, pistol, ASP, and other powerful weapons on him because he does not die easy. This is in Perseus Mandate.

5 While You're Down There
Killed 10 critters during the Perseus Mandate campaign.

Just like in original F.E.A.R., kill every stinking rat you see.

10 A Friend in Need
Tried to save Chen.

When Chen is attacked by a hole grabby thingy walk to him to grab his hand to try and save him. I got this without even knowing it would happen, I just didn't want poor Chen to die, he's got kids ya know. This is in Perseus Mandate.

10 First Encounter
Defeated the first Nightcrawler Elite.

This is something you must do anyways so it will come. This is in Perseus Mandate. Any difficulty, just kill him, he can be tough on extreme, just make sure you are in slo mo to kill him because of his dodging skillz.

FIN

Last edited by Butters; 11-20-2007 at 07:19 AM.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:47 AM   #4
xLCDx
Banned User

LCD x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
No offense but this guide doesnt really help at all except for the fact that you posted lists to the places to the boosters. All you are really doing is telling people to beat it and just keep playing. There are no tips, strategies or anything listed to help make things easyer.
xLCDx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 04:14 PM   #5
Don Manolo

don manolito's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters View Post

10Cutting Off the Head
Defeated the Nightcrawler Commander.

This is towards the end of the campaign and can be achieved on any difficulty. For you guys playing this on extreme he is one bad mutha trucka and will kill you very fast, for the most part hide and keep in cover lean out to take out all his soldiers. When the time comes try to fight him 1v1, use a lot of penetrator, pistol, ASP, and other powerful weapons on him because he does not die easy.

10 A Friend in Need
Tried to save Chen.

When Chen is attacked by a hole grabby thingy walk to him to grab his hand to try and save him. I got this without even knowing it would happen, I just didn't want poor Chen to die, he's got kids ya know.

10 First Encounter
Defeated the first Nightcrawler Elite.

This is something you must do anyways so it will come. Any difficulty

FIN
In which campaign exactly do you have to do this?? the extraction point or the perseus??

Thanks to the_b1ues for the sig!
Don Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:44 PM   #6
xLCDx
Banned User

LCD x360a's Gamercard

My point exactly, his guide is not clear at all.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:33 AM   #7
Butters

BUTTERS7's Gamercard

Ok first of all off my balls, you don't have to be dicks about it, second I was going to add more but I've been busy with school, finally sorry I forgot to specify what campaign those go in. I'll work on it soon.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:30 AM   #8
xLCDx
Banned User

LCD x360a's Gamercard

Im am sorry if it sounds like I am being mean about it but as my saying always goe's..."Dont write an achievement guide if you can't take comments about it."
Old 11-17-2007, 12:43 PM   #9
Don Manolo

don manolito's Gamercard

I just need to know where and how...

Old 11-17-2007, 08:55 PM   #10
xLCDx
Banned User

LCD x360a's Gamercard

Don, you get all 5 secret acheivements in the perseus campaign.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:20 AM   #11
Butters

BUTTERS7's Gamercard

Ok the guide is updated and nearly done, just making the phone guide for extraction and finishing the extreme Instant action guide, hopefully it's clear enough for you guys now.

Last edited by Butters; 11-20-2007 at 08:09 AM.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:41 PM   #12
soldat329x

Send a message via AIM to soldat329x Send a message via MSN to soldat329x

soldat329x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xLCDx View Post
No offense but this guide doesnt really help at all except for the fact that you posted lists to the places to the boosters. All you are really doing is telling people to beat it and just keep playing. There are no tips, strategies or anything listed to help make things easyer.

LCD, first off, this is an amazing guide written by a guy who was the only one to 1000 it. Second off, you haven't been a member here long enough to understand that this is an "Achievement Guide" not a "Run me through each level of the game on every difficulty Guide." It gives detail where it needs to be. He doesn't need to describe how to beat the level, only on how to unlock the achievement. He can go into detail on specific parts if he feels that they are hard enough to where they merit description. You shouldn't bash a guide because it doesn't help you beat the game, thats not what they're for. These guides are to allow gamers insight on how to UNLOCK ACHIEVEMENTS. He also has plenty of other guides on where each individual booster, laptop, etc... are located in both Extraction and Perseus Mandate. I honestly don't see your logic behind claiming "its not detailed enough." If you want a walkthrough, you're in the wrong place, you need to go to gamefaqs.com for that.
soldat329x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:39 PM   #13
laundryman

Send a message via AIM to laundryman

a laundryman's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth
^100% agreed
Old 11-22-2007, 11:40 PM   #14
StormShadow 11B
Banned User

TwiIight's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldat329x View Post
LCD, first off, this is an amazing guide written by a guy who was the only one to 1000 it. Second off, you haven't been a member here long enough to understand that this is an "Achievement Guide" not a "Run me through each level of the game on every difficulty Guide." It gives detail where it needs to be. He doesn't need to describe how to beat the level, only on how to unlock the achievement. He can go into detail on specific parts if he feels that they are hard enough to where they merit description. You shouldn't bash a guide because it doesn't help you beat the game, thats not what they're for. These guides are to allow gamers insight on how to UNLOCK ACHIEVEMENTS. He also has plenty of other guides on where each individual booster, laptop, etc... are located in both Extraction and Perseus Mandate. I honestly don't see your logic behind claiming "its not detailed enough." If you want a walkthrough, you're in the wrong place, you need to go to gamefaqs.com for that.
Exactly. Give Butters a break man, he went to alot of trouble trying to help people out by making that guide. The funny thing is that I had no problem understanding his guide.
StormShadow 11B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 10:48 AM   #15
Don Manolo

don manolito's Gamercard

just got all the phones and boosters of the perseus campaign because of the guide.. and I have a little tip too for completing the perseus campaign without dying.. I died in the last interval being hit by a grenade and I instantly pressed the xbox guide button so the game pauses at the moment of you dying not saving you actually died... just go to your dashboard start up the game and just continue on from your checkpoint without dying...

Old 11-24-2007, 07:11 PM   #16
Butters

BUTTERS7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Manolo View Post
just got all the phones and boosters of the perseus campaign because of the guide.. and I have a little tip too for completing the perseus campaign without dying.. I died in the last interval being hit by a grenade and I instantly pressed the xbox guide button so the game pauses at the moment of you dying not saving you actually died... just go to your dashboard start up the game and just continue on from your checkpoint without dying...
Kool I'll put that in the guide and credit you for it.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:24 AM   #17
Don Manolo

don manolito's Gamercard

alright thanks

Old 12-11-2007, 10:58 PM   #18
HazMatt361

Good Guide, Bioshock dude is a deuche
HazMatt361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 04:17 AM   #19
SATAN

SATAN 250's Gamercard
For the love of god, I cannot find an SM-15 Machine Pistol anywhere in the Perseus Mandate Campaign, anyone know where one is?
SATAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:25 PM   #20
Dizzy Domes

Send a message via AIM to Dizzy Domes

Dizzy Domes's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
For the love of god, I cannot find an SM-15 Machine Pistol anywhere in the Perseus Mandate Campaign, anyone know where one is?
I had a list of all the weapons and was checking them off as I killed a couple people with each weapon. I never found the Machine Pistols and still got the achievement.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:08 AM   #21
Butters

BUTTERS7's Gamercard

Machine pistol is only in extraction point.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:34 PM   #22
Otaking584

Send a message via AIM to Otaking584

EP Otaking584's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze
Does anyone know if the No Battiers achievement is glitched or something? I just beat the Extraction Point campaign without the flashlight ever dying and I still didn't get it.

Retail 100% - 21

Live 100% - 11
Otaking584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:00 PM   #23
Angelripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Manolo View Post
Whew... I just died from a grenade on interval 2 and did the same thing. Guess that means I'm not fucked!
Angelripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:48 AM   #24
Truelize

Truelize's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaking584 View Post
Does anyone know if the No Battiers achievement is glitched or something? I just beat the Extraction Point campaign without the flashlight ever dying and I still didn't get it.

I did the same thing my friend. I paid extra special attention to the flashlight the whole game. I actually never let it get past halfway but I still didn't get the achievement.
Truelize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:40 PM   #25
laundryman

Send a message via AIM to laundryman

a laundryman's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth
For the flashlight one, make sure your flashlight isn't on before you enter a dream/vision sequence. That happened to me and when it ended my flashlight turned off right away
Old 02-08-2008, 02:27 PM   #26
jaycarrell

jaycarrell's Gamercard
I got the "A Friend in Need" achievement last night for trying to save Chen and noticed an error. It's worth 5 not 10 as stated above, I searched and didn't see where anyone else had noted it. Please fix if you can. I checked and the current list of achievements adds up to 1000, this means another one is wrong too.

Edit: Oops, I found somebody mentioned it down further on the forum. Sorry.

Last edited by jaycarrell; 02-08-2008 at 03:53 PM.
jaycarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:42 AM   #27
Hammer 5O2

Hammer x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
good guide man quite helpfull

178 Completions
141 Retail
37 Arcade

Everyone Please Check out my Blog and Follow It
http://hammerx360a.blogspot.com/
Hammer 5O2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:34 PM   #28
xENVxGAMERSKREW

Send a message via ICQ to xENVxGAMERSKREW Send a message via AIM to xENVxGAMERSKREW Send a message via MSN to xENVxGAMERSKREW Send a message via Yahoo to xENVxGAMERSKREW Send a message via Skype™ to xENVxGAMERSKREW

xENVxGAMERSKREW's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
man the online is a bit harsh nowadays
Old 12-12-2008, 04:59 AM   #29
TpYourHouse

Send a message via Yahoo to TpYourHouse

TpYourHouse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xLCDx View Post
True that!
Old 01-09-2009, 04:09 AM   #30
A 2rue boofer
Banned User

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
i thought this guide is amazing and is really good im going for the 1000 in this game this weekend so i am definitely using this so all you haters need to stop complaining and if you have a problem make ur own guide
A 2rue boofer is offline   Reply With Quote