PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-15-2007, 09:01 PM   #1
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Lightbulb Facing the Heat (My Strategy)

How I beat "Heat" on Veteran:

Ok, so...I got this level beat on veteran yesterday and I want to tell you guys how I beat it. I did a combination of some of the techniques on this site and also the video but this way worked best for me, and it is the safest way.

1) At the start of the mission, only use one smoke grenade to cover long enough to eliminate most of the enemy on the hill.
2) Save at least four air strikes because I only ended up using two.
3) Once you are told to fall back to the far back barn, switch your load out to a Dragonov or M21, and the Javelin. Take out the tanks and then switch the Javelin for the G36C.
4) A few minutes later, I used a couple air strikes on the fence at the road to eliminate most of the enemies that are running to your position.
5) When you get to about 2:40 left, run to the white shack to your right outside the barn and kill anyone inside, and don't run out the other door to the other field because there are guys coming, I encountered two squads.
6) Climb up the stairs to your right inside the shack if you're facing the door that they come from and peer out a small square window and snipe the ones coming, this will kill the ones far ahead, giving you time to get to the house without getting killed.
7) Once they are dead, run out and sprint to the far out house to the far right that has a broken fence, go inside the fence and to the right side of the house.
8) Get an air strike sent to where the cart is sitting and throw a smoke down to the concrete area, where the small wall is and the one that is in front of the water tower, you should now have two smokes left.
9) After the last bomb falls, sprint down to where the smoke is and lay down for cover.
10) Use another smoke to cover your sprint to the house that should now be in front of you, if you are laying prone towards the next house to the left of the water tower.
11) Run inside the house, down the stairs, and to the front door, they might kill you here, so throw a smoke out near the wrecked car to cover your run down the hill.
12) Once you are past this part, you won't get shot at anymore, I only got hit one more time at the white fence, and jumped over and got inside the helicopter with thirty something seconds left.

This is how I beat it, I just thought I would post how I did it, you never know it could help someone! Good luck with this!
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 10:42 PM   #2
JelmerF

jelmerf's Gamercard
Tnx for this, but i gave up. God i hate that respwaning so much. I once made it to that red house somehow at around 3 minutes time left or so. Did an airstrike, and right after that i ran straight trough that middle path down the hill, and yes, there were a few soldiers waiting. I think i was close at that point, but always get very stressed when i run, but this is how i did it on hardened, that worked eventully. Ffs, why isn't hat red house a checkpoint? I hate that autosave so much, why can't i save whenever i want to? Ah well.
JelmerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 11:22 PM   #3
JelmerF

jelmerf's Gamercard
Heh, never mind. Having a fag + drink and this video does wonders:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ad.php?t=44232

Just when i jumped that white fence to get to the last 25 meters to the chopper the time was up, but i was still able to enter it and finish the level.

Does feel good finishing a level on vetern. I want more!
JelmerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:33 AM   #4
Zombieslayer42
Banned User

Zombieslayer42's Gamercard
IT FEELS AWESOME!!! YEEEAH BOOY!!! I BEAT THIS LEVEL ON VETERAN!!!!!
Zombieslayer42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:35 AM   #5
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Lol, trust me, you'll get more when you play some of the other hard vet missions.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:49 PM   #6
Ze Alpaca

Send a message via AIM to Ze Alpaca Send a message via MSN to Ze Alpaca Send a message via Yahoo to Ze Alpaca

Steve Ze Alpaca's Gamercard
i need help i can get to the fence at the bottom of the hill no problem with like 15 seconds left but once i get there i get killed by the people to the right i want to jump the fence but when i do i get shot any suggestions?
Ze Alpaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:58 PM   #7
zI HURRIC4N3 Iz

G R A 7V G E R's Gamercard
Yeah, good tips. Even though I beat this on Vet already
zI HURRIC4N3 Iz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:01 PM   #8
Ze Alpaca

Send a message via AIM to Ze Alpaca Send a message via MSN to Ze Alpaca Send a message via Yahoo to Ze Alpaca

Steve Ze Alpaca's Gamercard
finaly i beat it i tried forever i just threw a smoke lol
Ze Alpaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:38 PM   #9
RavenBlackthorn

RavenBlackthorn's Gamercard
Maybe it was just me but on Veteran, it seemed futile to even attempt to do anything until the smoke at the far end of the field clears. I think I had close to 4 minutes on the clock at the checkpoint at the top of the hill. Every time I died I sat around for 2 minutes before I could even hope to start running downhill. I think the spawn chains are in the actual smoke until the smoke disappears. Anyone else run into this?
RavenBlackthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:47 PM   #10
rsxdelerium

rsxdelerium's Gamercard
Ah thanks so much .. I was always trying to cross the big field where the 2 squads were comming at me. Once I tried the route to the right (which I didn't even notice until i read this) it was soo much easier. After that part it's not too hard just throw down smoke and run.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:22 PM   #11
deafmonkey

geez I guess I didnt find that level too hard.... I mean I can see why it may have been hard for others though, what I did find hard was when it told me to get in the machine gun in the chopper I kept getting killed while using that gun so I just ran to a building towards the top of the level where there's 2 windows you can climb out to get oon the roof and just sniped the bastards. I called an airstrike in front of me when I was almost to the white fence at the bottom of the level and got over the white fence and into the gas station and had to kill guys that came to the gas station for a couple minutes before the chopper showed up... I actually wished the chopper was almost there when I got there because a couple of the guys caught me really off guard while I was hiding in the gas station.
deafmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:25 PM   #12
laundryman

Send a message via AIM to laundryman

a laundryman's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Nice guide. Very helpful.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:20 PM   #13
Pigletdude

There are much harder levels out there on vet, at least this level was in the open not in tiny corridors like No fighting in the war room and Mile High club
Pigletdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:25 PM   #14
laundryman

Send a message via AIM to laundryman

a laundryman's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Wooo I Just Did It!!!! Thank You So Much!!!
Old 12-30-2007, 04:29 AM   #15
technopimp

I sure can't get past this in veteran...tried every strategy I've seen on the boards. Maybe if I had 30 minutes instead of 3, and unlimited airstrikes, but the way it is, no way.
technopimp is offline   Reply With Quote