Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-20-2013, 06:42 PM   #1
Plasmid Blues

Plasmid Blues's Gamercard
The Evil Within..

Been closely watching the "Project Zwei" site, totally trusting that a guy like Shinji Mikami, who was the mastermind behind the old school Resident Evil titles and the gamecube Resident Evil remake, could easily produce another top-quality horror survival gem from days long passed.. The guy's even said it's intended to be just that.

Now, I haven't looked at anything other than the teaser trailer, but.. "The Evil Within" seems interesting. An enemy appearing from a puddle of blood? Perhaps the player's bleeding will cause an enemy to appear, I can already guess as to where the storyline is going with this.. LOL

http://n4g.com/news/1236895/bethesda...he-evil-within

http://projectzwei.net/ - This was the old site, but it's been rehauled with the revealing, apparently. The old screenshots were creepy and surreal as fuark and made me jizz in my pants, basically.. 'Specially photo #17, I want more things that look as messed up as that, specifically.

Anyways, what an odd pairing, but, hey, it looks as if it'll produce something awesome and horrifyingly beautiful in the end, so I'm fine with this.
Plasmid Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:33 PM   #2
Integral Steel Nautilus

Thumbs up

Maester Mikami-San sure been busy.....
http://www.gamesthirst.com/2013/04/1...ed-u-s-europe/
Integral Steel Nautilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:34 PM   #3
Integral Steel Nautilus

I'm loving the sound of this stuff, look at the new cut scenes. Maester Mikami-San sure been busy.....
Old 04-20-2013, 11:35 PM   #4
Integral Steel Nautilus

I'm loving the sound of this stuff, look at the new cut scenes. It looks so good that I need the game.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:36 PM   #5
Integral Steel Nautilus

Did this game just get announced, it looks like it's been worked on for years. I really like the sounds of that.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:37 PM   #6
Integral Steel Nautilus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmid Blues View Post
Been closely watching the "Project Zwei" site, totally trusting that a guy like Shinji Mikami, who was the mastermind behind the old school Resident Evil titles and the gamecube Resident Evil remake, could easily produce another top-quality horror survival gem from days long passed.. The guy's even said it's intended to be just that.

Now, I haven't looked at anything other than the teaser trailer, but.. "The Evil Within" seems interesting. An enemy appearing from a puddle of blood? Perhaps the player's bleeding will cause an enemy to appear, I can already guess as to where the storyline is going with this.. LOL

http://n4g.com/news/1236895/bethesda...he-evil-within

http://projectzwei.net/ - This was the old site, but it's been rehauled with the revealing, apparently. The old screenshots were creepy and surreal as fuark and made me jizz in my pants, basically.. 'Specially photo #17, I want more things that look as messed up as that, specifically.

Anyways, what an odd pairing, but, hey, it looks as if it'll produce something awesome and horrifyingly beautiful in the end, so I'm fine with this.
What kind of title is Evil Within?
Old 04-20-2013, 11:38 PM   #7
Integral Steel Nautilus

Master Mikami-San has sure been busy...
http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ofit-forecast/

Oh boy, can you imagine Monster Hunter Online and Lost Odyssey 2 & more on the same console! Can you imagine all the ads they'll run during Game of Thrones season premier in Italy? I mean oh geezuz would this be awesome.

I'm betting fifty to one Tencent & Camelot are the real developers, since it says game's Cry Engine 3 worthy. One hundred percent Windows exclusive.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:43 PM   #8
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
It does look very interesting, I will be keeping an eye on it for sure.

AmbaLaBamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:57 PM   #9
RaitakanaMendoza

Wink Mikami has no part of that game, please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integral Steel Nautilus View Post
Master Mikami-San has sure been busy...
http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ofit-forecast/

Oh boy, can you imagine Monster Hunter Online and Lost Odyssey 2 & more on the same console! Can you imagine all the ads they'll run during Game of Thrones season premier in Italy? I mean oh geezuz would this be awesome.

I'm betting fifty to one Tencent & Camelot are the real developers, since it says game's Cry Engine 3 worthy. One hundred percent Windows exclusive.
Of course camelot is involved some way. Why wouldn't they be?

Careful there, mate. Your account is dangling precariously close to the edge by posting those links....Remember, all it really means is a european game for Windows. We still have more than 4 weeks to wait before the atom bombs get dropped...

JRPGs like a new Lost Odyssey will be back next-gen, of course because both platforms will do better sales in Japan. Not huge sales, but when you own a franchise the nice part is you receive profit for all remakes. And every single publisher, especially Microsoft...will be maximizing all the advertising they can get during Game of Thrones in Germany, etc. After all, what would be a better place for the main event? Indeed, indeed.

Last edited by RaitakanaMendoza; 04-21-2013 at 12:04 AM.
RaitakanaMendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:40 AM   #10
Spartan343DAlterias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integral Steel Nautilus View Post

Dude, shut your pie hole. M$ has a breath of surprises planned for the rest of the year, no need to be squaking about it all over the place. Shit just the music alone is making me excited.

I can't wait to be playin' all the classic ports on my Pentium 400 GHz, the cut scenes alone are gonna be unforgivably awesome. Even in Japan!
Spartan343DAlterias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #11
Plasmid Blues

Were there actually even any direct comments on the OP material, or did every post in this thread actually completely disregard it? <__< I'm sure Monster Hunter is awesome, but that's not why I made this thread. Surprised at the lack of interest in the game.

I just have that gut feeling that it's going to be legend.. wait for it.. (I'll finish that statement at the time of release.)
Old 04-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #12
HoliestEd

HoliestEd's Gamercard
Very exciting! The return a survival horror! Initially I was hoping it was Fallout 4 but this looks very promising. Trying not to get my hopes up too much.
HoliestEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #13
Firebrand SigilForge

If I'm not mistaken...

Is this the game called Zwei that changed developers a couple times? Wait a minute, didn't Shinji Mikami develop a game called Shadow of the Damned two years ago. There's something therefore missing regarding the topic at hand. I can't help but feel we aren't getting the full picture here.

For instance, the link about the monster hunter announcement as well as Evil Within goes directly to a page by another developer. Where is the hype coming from or is Capcom just interested in cross advertising. I'm surprised no one noticed this, why are they hot linking to Camelot's series Dragon's Dogma on every page?
http://www.gamesthirst.com/2013/04/1...owcase-part-2/

I admit, there is some great source material in Dragon's Dogma. It's perhaps one of my favorite games actually. I just do not see what DD has to do with Evil Within or Monster Hunter Online, that's all. I recognize the enemy types they are putting in here and boy do they all look great. I love their enemy designs for sure, but why are they pushing it so hard..

Unless team camelot themselves are involved with the project? It could certainly be possible that camelot are helping develop Mikami's game, along side Monster Hunter and the next Dragon's Dogma. I recall that camelot is a very large developer. Now that would be highly interesting. I definitely am very intrigued by that, as well as the new screenshots.

Why does everyone seem to be tip-toeing around the fact that Dragon Dogma is prominently featured on every page marketing Capcom games? And I hazard to guess this doesn't have to do with a series that rhymes with the name Beth of Shire, right...that couldn't be what people are sensitive about. At this point I just want to see gameplay footage of the game. I loved using the Arc bow and would absolutely fall in love with using a new one in Evil Within too.
Firebrand SigilForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:49 PM   #14
RaitakanaMendoza

Talking Shinji Mikami is a legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand SigilForge View Post
I admit, there is some great source material in Dragon's Dogma. It's perhaps one of my favorite games actually. I just do not see what DD has to do with Evil Within or Monster Hunter Online, that's all. I recognize the enemy types they are putting in here and boy do they all look great. I love their enemy designs for sure, but why are they pushing it so hard..

Unless team camelot themselves are involved with the project? It could certainly be possible that camelot are helping develop Mikami's game, along side Monster Hunter and the next Dragon's Dogma. I recall that camelot is a very large developer. Now that would be highly interesting. I definitely am very intrigued by that, as well as the new screenshots.

Why does everyone seem to be tip-toeing around the fact that Dragon Dogma is prominently featured on every page marketing Capcom games? And I hazard to guess this doesn't have to do with a series that rhymes with the name Beth of Shire, right...that couldn't be what people are sensitive about.
I'd think it's unavoidable to not assume that Camelot games is involved. With their logo everywhere it was clearly obvious. Shhhh!! Don't you dare go and ruin the surprises we have to look forward to...

As to how closely they are involved in these projects, who knows or cares? But just remember, there is a lot of unknowns going on for the rest of the summer. Lets not speak aloud things of the Half Life, Monster Hunter, Breath Of Fire or Powerstone variety too much folks. It's much more exciting to be surprised, so let us allow the rest of June to openly surprise and amaze us.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:23 PM   #15
Plasmid Blues

Pretty sure SOTD was mostly Goichi Suda's project, even if Mikami assisted.. But even then, SOTD was an awesome, unique sort of macabre shooter game, even if Suda meant for the game to be different, or even "weirder"..

If he had a bigger part in that game than I realize, that could really only be a plus for me.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:19 AM   #16
Firebrand SigilForge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmid Blues View Post
Pretty sure SOTD was mostly Goichi Suda's project, even if Mikami assisted.. But even then, SOTD was an awesome, unique sort of macabre shooter game, even if Suda meant for the game to be different, or even "weirder"..
Yeah, it was actually made by Mikami and Suda together. Thanks I had forgotten that aspect.
Firebrand SigilForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:36 AM   #17
FrozenRaptorz
Banned User

FrozenRaptorz's Gamercard
So good.
I'm a sucker though. Its that inner kid in me.
FrozenRaptorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:07 AM   #18
BiggD
73 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Game looks freaky as hell. I want to hear/read more info before making a decision, but I might end up getting it. And I usually don't play Survival Horror.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:37 AM   #19
Slaughter.
GIT GUD

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoliestEd View Post
Very exciting! The return a survival horror! Initially I was hoping it was Fallout 4 but this looks very promising. Trying not to get my hopes up too much.
Never got into the survival/horror but maybe this game will get me hooked!

If anyone wants to boost the weekly challenge in Splinter Cell: Blacklist, please let me know.

Slaughter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:50 AM   #20
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1ZIONZxBLOOD View Post
If the ideas behind this game is executed well, then it will be a very good game. I think Shinji Mikami will use his past experience with Resident Evil for something better.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:56 AM   #21
RaitakanaMendoza

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1ZIONZxBLOOD View Post
Anything by Shinji Mikami is always going to be AAA, and never seen again in the survival horror genres.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:26 AM   #22
BloodHawk1991

BloodHawk1991's Gamercard
Never played a survival horror game but I want.

>.> I do want to try this genre.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:05 AM   #23
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
That trailer makes me believe I would be shitting my pants the entire way through the game. Also from the trailer it would be a good idea for a movie.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:57 AM   #24
yorkvsr

I'm loving the sound of this stuff, look at the new cut scenes.

yorkvsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #25
Neme6ben

neme6ben's Gamercard
god I can't wait to play this, a game that looks like Silent hill, the early games, inspired from movies in the 90's like Se7en... man this has to go right !
Old 04-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #26
xYuki

Okami Ryouko's Gamercard
This honestly should be a wonderful masterpiece.
One ring to bring them
And in darkness bind them
xYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:27 PM   #27
Spartan343DAlterias

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand SigilForge View Post
For instance, the link about the monster hunter announcement as well as Evil Within goes directly to a page by another developer. Where is the hype coming from or is Capcom just interested in cross advertising. I'm surprised no one noticed this, why are they hot linking to Camelot's series Dragon's Dogma on every page?
http://www.gamesthirst.com/2013/04/1...owcase-part-2/

Oh stop it dude, you are just too evil, far far too evil.

This is gonna be the best M$ year for games in all history.
Spartan343DAlterias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:21 PM   #28
shurija

jionekanji's Gamercard
The trailer definitely captured the horror aspect of it. I am quite looking forward to some gameplay videos.

TrueAchievements.
shurija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:32 AM   #29
bystjerna

bystjerna's Gamercard
I really hope they will stick with the "dark" theme. And imo, i would rather have few, but important enemy-zombies like they had in the first resident evil games, then 100 enemies that rush toward you and all you can do i spray and pray like in the newer horror games.
bystjerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:56 AM   #30
blackhalominty

Blackhalo Minty's Gamercard
I went through constant buffering on the box to finish this trailer and it was very worth it. I'm excited to learn more about this game and if it is going to be a return to past survival horror or going to keep up with the action survival horror that's been popular recently. The one enemy with the hammer thing reminded me of the executioner guy from RE5.
blackhalominty is offline   Reply With Quote