PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #1
Crowleyman

Crowleyman 013's Gamercard
Run & Gun vs. "camping"

Posted in another thread that I get frustrated with this game pretty easily. I think my last match was a 4-20 on Nuketown. Ugh.

I understand everyone has bad days, but I seem to have more than most. It's rare that I get into a groove and have a positive K/D on a map. And if I DO, it's something like 12/11.

I run and gun. I know a lot of people who "camp" and I've tried it...but I get bored. As an aside, what's hilarious is people who get so pissed off at someone who is actually doing something tactically sound. I mean, in an actual gunfight, are you going to be running around everywhere? hell no. But I digress.

I'm trying to get some intelligence on what to do better in this game, so I don't end up breaking controllers. Like I said - I run & gun. But what I'd like to know from other people who play this is, is there a method to the play style? I.e., is it just a bum rush everywhere, or do you stop and check corners? Do you routinely check behind you? Do you avoid open spaces on the maps?

I guess I just run around everywhere, which is part of my problem. But, then, the times I have tried to take it slow, someone else has come up on me and hosed me!

What do you guys do? Thanks in advance for the help!

Don't think of yourself as an ugly person - think of yourself as a beautiful monkey.
Crowleyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #2
ChromiumDragon

ChromiumDragon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowleyman View Post
Posted in another thread that I get frustrated with this game pretty easily. I think my last match was a 4-20 on Nuketown. Ugh.
First, don't count anything that happens on Nuketown. That whole map is nothing but random grenade lobbing and spawncamping/spawnkilling.

That being said, if you're running and gunning and going 4-20 regularly, then you're probably not suited for running and gunning. I can't run and gun. I have to camp. My eyesight is poor and I simply don't have the reaction time that I had 20-30 years ago. If I tried running and gunning, I'd be going 4-20 on most days too, and would have likely quit a long time ago.

Quote:
I understand everyone has bad days, but I seem to have more than most. It's rare that I get into a groove and have a positive K/D on a map. And if I DO, it's something like 12/11.
Contrary to what the internet tough guys say, not everybody is going to go 46-4 every game. Take a look at the stats at the end of most games, and you'll notice that the teams usually have 1, maybe 2 players who had extraordinary games, but most players usually go somewhere near the ratio that you described. 12/11. 18/16. 23/21.

Like I said, some internet tough guys are going to brag about their (likely made up) stats, but in reality, stats like you described are more the rule rather than the exception. 12/11 is a bit light on the kills unless you're playing TDM, but in many objective based games, going in the high teens to low 20s is pretty typical for most players.

Quote:
I run and gun. I know a lot of people who "camp" and I've tried it...but I get bored. As an aside, what's hilarious is people who get so pissed off at someone who is actually doing something tactically sound. I mean, in an actual gunfight, are you going to be running around everywhere? hell no. But I digress.
I've long since ignored people who complain about campers. They expect *you* to play the game in a way that suits *their* play style, and are essentially getting pissed off because you are not making it easier for them to kill you. Play your own style (camping, run-and-gun, or whatever), and ignore the opinions of a whole bunch of internet tough guys who you'll never meet anyway. Worst case scenario -- there's a mute button.

My favorites are the ones who know I'm camping, bum rush me....get killed....bum rush me again.....get killed.....bum rush me a third time....get killed....then either start screaming into the mic or sending me a message that *I'm* the bad player. Whatever.

Quote:
I'm trying to get some intelligence on what to do better in this game, so I don't end up breaking controllers. Like I said - I run & gun. But what I'd like to know from other people who play this is, is there a method to the play style? I.e., is it just a bum rush everywhere, or do you stop and check corners? Do you routinely check behind you? Do you avoid open spaces on the maps?
Do not run and gun on a map you do not know. You *will* get taken out every time by someone hiding in a corner or crevasse that you do not know is there. Do not run and gun if your internet connection is less than the absolute best -- you'll lose every firefight due to COD's ridiculous lag compensation. Open spaces on the maps WILL get you taken out by people like me, every time. I have a field day with run-and-gunners who run around in the open areas acting like they're Rambo.

Quote:
I guess I just run around everywhere, which is part of my problem. But, then, the times I have tried to take it slow, someone else has come up on me and hosed me!
Keep in mind that, again contrary to what the internet tough guys will tell you, you likely have a very short lifespan. I consider it a good life if I can take more than 1-2 guys out before I get mowed down.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:56 AM   #3
FeatherbottomMR

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I mostly play search so I run and gun at the start... Depending on the map I have my certain ways that I take and then I just make sure I look at where people usual try and hide at when I am running around...
FeatherbottomMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:08 AM   #4
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

I run & gun and find it has amazing benefits (especially if you can flank). I can understand why people have to sit back though, and that's fine. What I can't stand though, is when someone literally sits at the back of the map with a sniper or an LMG target finder and does not move, that's just plain annoying.

I have my bad games though. I've gone 50-10 one game to 12-16 the next. I generally see myself as a decent player, but I'm not perfect. I have a great K/D (2.48 I believe) and a not so great W/L (0.94 but improving). I feel it has a lot to how my team mates play. Are they going to run with me and play the objective or are they going to jump off buildings quickscoping and not caring about anything but a stupid montage no one cares about?

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:35 AM   #5
Blackest Metal

Darth Stinkius's Gamercard
Im a mixture. I prefer to "patrol" an area, running n gunning in a set area

Also, K/D means nothing compared to W/L

Blackest Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #6
otaking live

Send a message via MSN to otaking live

Otaking Live's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Silver   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I camp. But I'm not a corner camper I'm a window camper. There is of course different styles even within camping and running and gunning. I run and gun like a boss in halo,but get destroyed in COD. Don't really understand why.

otaking live is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #7
Fambick

Fambick's Gamercard
I mix camping and run and gun depending on the map. I think people can forget though, camping is as a legit game style as any. Its comparable to saying you cant shoot me in the back as thats unfair and you dont shoot people in the back.
Fambick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:58 AM   #8
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by otaking live View Post
I camp. But I'm not a corner camper I'm a window camper. There is of course different styles even within camping and running and gunning. I run and gun like a boss in halo,but get destroyed in COD. Don't really understand why.
Maybe because in Halo you have more health?

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:09 AM   #9
Majica8

Send a message via MSN to Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Neither. I tend to stay around the edge of the map on TDM/KC and around the objectives on objective gametypes. I move around but slowly, never staying in one place that long. I check corners and keep an eye on the mini map. If I'm running into an area where no teammates are then I'm extra aware that there might be enemies around. Also look for the skulls where teammates have died.
Run support scorestreaks, or at least UAV. Flash a room/around a corner if you think there might be someone in there. And have some confidence. I find if I'm in a good mood, have been playing well and am confident I can do well then I will. Might seem silly but if you're on BlOps II try messing about in a custom game full of bots for 10 mins before hitting public lobbies. Might not work for you but it certainly helps me.

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Majica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:41 AM   #10
snipingheadshot

Send a message via AIM to snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
But what I'd like to know from other people who play this is, is there a method to the play style? I.e., is it just a bum rush everywhere, or do you stop and check corners? Do you routinely check behind you? Do you avoid open spaces on the maps?
Yes to all of those questions. Instead of running around randomly, try flanking the enemy. Throw on Ghost and a silencer and come up behind them. And don't run around either unless you're running across an open spot that will get you killed. Try walking around so that your gun comes up faster.
You're an idiot. Your dog is black. They're going to the movies. There is my car. Their dog is gone. It had no effect on me. That didn't affect me. We left, then we went to the store. He is smarter than you. It's time to leave. That dog lost its collar. His pants are loose. He is going to lose the game. I am going to the store. He has two dogs. I want to go, too. What clothes are you going to wear? They were going to the store. Where are the dogs? If we ignore bad grammar, we condone it.
snipingheadshot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:43 PM   #11
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
lol, people can call you a camper full literally reloading and checking if it is clear, or literally, looking out of a window and shooting someone.

on nuketown i have different play styles, considering nuketown is the only map i play.

its a shame search and destroy inst in the nuketown playlist, on black ops 1 i would run to the window with an m16 and spray the fuck out of people in the other window. despite search and destroy being a shit game mode, on nuketown it is good. most maps there are so many different ways to go, it becomes luck based which route you take, and if you encounter someone, but nuketown you get the rushers and window campers.

but thats for black ops 1.

hard point i use an smg, and run crazy around the map getting lots of kills and captures, fast mag attachment and silencer does the job!

domination, either assault rifle or LMG with target finder, the only fighting that happens is in the center of the map, with an LMG its very easy to kill B cappers, people at the window, or by the car going to your base, so basically thats everywhere in the center that you have a line of sight on if your in the window, its easy to get a lot of kills and kill-streaks.

kill confirmed, either SMG rush and pickup dog tags all of the time, or dog tag camp with an LMG, not as much points, but a lot of kills

team death match,depends who you are playing against, some games can go really quick because of people rushing, and some games go really slow because of people camping in windows and houses, i tend to use an assault rifle, check the windows check the passages, then go to the middle, through the truck, check the window, inside of house and passages then throw and grande and storm the place.

demolition, my favorite, SMG does the job, on attacking team, for rushing, and LMG does the job for defending, on attack you storm b site, this is where i got a mega kill (7 rapid kills) by planting the bomb and killing all defenders, its quick to get to there spawn with an SMG and lightweight. for defenders i use an LMG, 100 bullet clip, so no need to reload often, get some long lines of sight or sit at the window, killing the rushers.

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:13 PM   #12
ChromiumDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Eagle View Post
I run & gun and find it has amazing benefits (especially if you can flank). I can understand why people have to sit back though, and that's fine. What I can't stand though, is when someone literally sits at the back of the map with a sniper or an LMG target finder and does not move, that's just plain annoying.
But when you think about it.....that's what they're supposed to be doing.

In a team based objective game, ideally you'd want the sniper to be camped in the most well-hidden spot possible, picking off anyone who tries to get near the objective, and allowing the slayers to do the run-and-gunning, picking up tags, completing objectives, etc. As long as he's well protected, not spotted, or simply just owning the other players, why should he move?

I think most people (I'm speaking generally here....) forget that these are supposed to be team games. You're supposed to be doing what you can to help your teammates win, not have dick-waving contest with your teammates over who gets the most kills/tags/objectives/whatever.

The problem is that a lot of players (again, generally speaking) treat just about every mode as if it were TDM. They expect everybody to just be out in the middle of the map run-and-gunning, devolving the game to whoever has the fastest weapon/reflexes/ping, and if you're not running around making it easier for them to kill you, you're all of a sudden treated as a "camper" by enemies, and told by your teammates that you're not "helping out enough", even if the 10 kills you got with your sniper rifle probably were more important to winning than their 50 random run-and-gun kills.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:01 PM   #13
Stewie Griffin2

Stew1e Griffin2's Gamercard

I'm always rushing. I can't stand sitting in one spot for more than a few seconds, which coincidentally is why I love the change they made to Ghost (only works if you're moving). I will run the following setup if all else fails:

Peacekeeper - Quickdraw Handle & Fast Mags
B23
Ghost & Lightweight
Fast Hands
Dexterity
Semtex
Perk 1 Greed

That class is my go-to class when I'm having a bad day. Basically, you use everything you can to speed you up. You draw faster (handle), reload quicker (mags), move faster (lightweight, also no fall damage), throw grenades & swap weapons faster (fast hands), and climb faster & aim faster after sprinting (Dexterity).

I suppose you could swap out Lightweight for Blind Eye, it's especially helpful when you get an entire team using those stupid hunter-killers. But like I said, I use every spot I have to make me quicker at everything than the other guy. If you're gonna play fast, your character needs to be able to keep up.
Stewie Griffin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:14 PM   #14
Crowleyman

Crowleyman 013's Gamercard
Man, guys! Thanks for the info! Really appreciate it. I'm 100% TDM, by the way. I've tried other modes in Training, and just enjoy TDM the best.

My issue with camping is two-fold: I get bored just sitting there (and, of course as soon as I move, 4 guys from the other team run through my AO), and on the other side, I get frustrated. Chromium - Im one of those guys you love. You'd get me, I'd grumble about it to myself... but I know where you ARE. I can get you this time dammit! ...oh. Dead again. Fuck. OK, I'll get you THIS... FUCK! LOL I have a bad habit of doing that. Must be a pride thing. I'll have no problem with 4 deaths just to get one kill, just to say I GOT you. Dumb, but it keeps the blood pressure down.

I had a couple of good games last night. Went 20-4 on one! Then we went to a different lobby, and I got hosed. Back down to even or neg K/D.

I'm amazed at some of the reaction times. I mean, I'm 43. I'm definitely not as quick as I used to be, but some of these players can spot me (seemingly across the map) pause for a split second to hip fire and wipe me out, while I'm still like... is that dude on my team?

Don't think of yourself as an ugly person - think of yourself as a beautiful monkey.
Crowleyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:49 PM   #15
Cthulhu73

For each map I have a different play style. PLAZA, DRONE, STANDOFF, SLUMS....I run and gun. MIRAGE, OVERFLOW, AFTERMATH, I'm more reserved and cautious. Not figured what to do on new maps yet. ENCORE Is a run gun though.
Also completely different load outs for every different map.
Cthulhu73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #16
ginge88isfun

Send a message via Skype™ to ginge88isfun

Ginge88isfun's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Depends on the map in question, if its Nuketown I tend to do what everyone else does on that map, spam semtex grenades and stick to camping by corners.

On other maps its stick and move, out flank or just go rambo towards everyone who's sat in a corner hiding behind riot shields.
ginge88isfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #17
DMV

ScorpioXGemini's Gamercard
When it comes to Nuketown, the spawns are all over the place, and that accounts for a lot of fast-paced gaming, one reason why it's raining grenades. If you know how to control the spawns, on a good day, you can spawn trap the entire team yourself. That's what I'd do.

Quote:
I run and gun. I know a lot of people who "camp" and I've tried it...but I get bored.

I.e., is it just a bum rush everywhere, or do you stop and check corners? Do you routinely check behind you? Do you avoid open spaces on the maps?
Another fellow run N gunner. I tried to camp and got bored as well. It's just not my type of gameplay.

I run everywhere, but I check my corners almost all the time. I even turn and look behind me sometimes to make sure I'm not being followed. And for the most part, I avoid open spaces. Everyone looks around them anyway.

It's all about practice - and finding the perfect weapon for you. I use the Type 25, MP7 (since I loved it from MW3), and Peacekeeper, as well as a few other SMGs, and they all work for me. But there are days where you'd be more accurate with a red dot, and days when you don't need one. In my book, at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromiumDragon View Post
That being said, if you're running and gunning and going 4-20 regularly, then you're probably not suited for running and gunning. I can't run and gun. I have to camp. My eyesight is poor and I simply don't have the reaction time that I had 20-30 years ago. If I tried running and gunning, I'd be going 4-20 on most days too, and would have likely quit a long time ago.

I've long since ignored people who complain about campers. They expect *you* to play the game in a way that suits *their* play style, and are essentially getting pissed off because you are not making it easier for them to kill you. Play your own style (camping, run-and-gun, or whatever), and ignore the opinions of a whole bunch of internet tough guys who you'll never meet anyway. Worst case scenario -- there's a mute button.
That's the first time I heard of camping due to poor eyesight. I'd have never guessed, but in times like that, you need to know everything that happens in your face to prevent constant dying. But you love the game to continue playing it that way. I respect that.

I no longer complain about campers, only because I can't change who they are. What I do is memorize everyone's game, where you tend to hang out a lot, with what weapons and accessories, and what routes the opponent takes a lot. I adapt to the situation very well, and ALL my classes have Engineer and Tactical Mask so I can safely run n gun anyone I need to, to get an objective complete.

Job's Never Done, There's Always A Game That I Need/Want To Try Out, And Achievements That Need To Be.... Achieved
DMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:22 PM   #18
Bruce Lee Chop

Bruce Lee Chop's Gamercard
I like to run and gun,but all while trying pick up on to the other teams way of playing. If they camp and keep camping I will too,but only in there spot they like so to keep killing them and maybe they get it that it isnt going to work. I guess the best way isnt to choose run and gun OR camping.Just go along with what they do.Adapt and overcome.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:54 AM   #19
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Spawning sucks, you just have to learn how to work with it.
Not puppy guarding, but knowing when they're going to probably spawn behind you, switch spawns are continue spawning from there.
KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #20
Drias

Shadey X360A's Gamercard
Best advise i can give you is when coming around a corner, don't hug it too hard, but when you turn the corner, your barrel should be aimed at the corner, and if you go into a room, check the closest corner to you, get back in the door way, just in case if the enemy is in the other corner. If you don't hear some fucktard shooting, he's either smart (Highly Unlikely), or there's no one there.

If you get shot at, and you successfully ducked back into the corridor in which you came, Lay down facing the doorway. 80% of the time, fuckwit will come through the door spray at what should be your nipples, but you hose him down while he's trying to think, "where is he?"

If you don't get shot at, get ready, and turn the corner you didnt check first slowly and with your gun ADS, unless its the vector with Laser or Scorpion with laser. You'll seriously gang bang somebody with those guns at the distance you should be from most corners. Once you start seeing something in the corner, don't just fire and give your position away, wait until you know its someone, and then take them out.

Also, don't be afraid to use whatever gun you are most comfortable with. If you don't want to go for all these challenges like I Myself want to, use the gun you like. Since you're a run-n-gunner, you want to use the perk Dexterity, and the attachment Quickdraw. Since your reaction time isn't what it used to be, these will help you be on par with most players.

NEVER go into an open space on the map without your teammates telling you its clear, or when playing with greenies. you WILL die, considering most greenies don't know how to work as a team.

Last but not least, Listen to your gut. There have been countless times I've been called a Modder for turning around and checking my ass, seeing someone turn the corner and making them Swiss cheese. But, when my gut says check something, I do, because i know 90% of the time, its right. Other 10%, i swear, it just messes with me and gets me killed XD
Old 04-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #21
ChromiumDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post
That's the first time I heard of camping due to poor eyesight. I'd have never guessed, but in times like that, you need to know everything that happens in your face to prevent constant dying. But you love the game to continue playing it that way. I respect that.
I *am* the type of player that most players hate. I have no problems with this, because I couldn't care less about the opinions of randoms that I'll never meet anyway. I use Target Finder on all my weapons, because without it it's very difficult for me to spot people corner-camped in otherwise very good spots, or spots where they blend into the background fairly well. Some of my friends (one that I usually play with is my best friend's son who is 16 and can see much better than I can) can spot them from a mile away. I simply cannot. I adapt accordingly. And of course, I get creamated by the people using cold-blooded unless they're also dumb enough to be running out in the open (Fortunately for me, this accounts for a good number of people. )

Take Standoff, for example. I don't have to know everything going on "in my face". I drop a claymore/shock/betty at the doorways to give me warning if an opponent comes in. And since I'm on the 2nd floor, I don't usually have to worry about anyone popping up in front of me (anyone stupid enough to try climbing up the hay usually gets picked off by someone else anyway). I now have a view of the main road, the broken path to the left, the entrance to the general store to the right, and the opening of the 2nd floor to that building. From there, I can pick off whoever is running around, and call out anyone I missed or couldn't get to in time. I can usually pick off about 2-3 people before I either get killed or have to abandon it. There have been times where I've been insta-killed by someone I couldn't see laying on the tank, and there have been times where I go bloodthirsty because one idiot keeps trying to sprint into the garage and keeps wondering why there are bullets where his eye sockets used to be.

And yes, I get cremated by people that know what they're doing. But in most games, it's a bunch of randoms and I can at least get a 1.5+ k/d
Old 04-25-2013, 03:13 PM   #22
JimCant

JimCant's Gamercard
I feel like Run and Gun has a higher advantage for bigger killstreaks than camping does. Run and Gun I can usually get 5-7 kills in a row. Especially if you are playing hardcore and get lucky with a double or triple kill. Camping is too hard to get that many kills and once you kill one guy they know your location.

I have found the best way to run and gun is to know the map and keep moving. The more you move the less likely to get picked off by someone just camping themselves.

JimCant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:27 PM   #23
ChromiumDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCant View Post
I feel like Run and Gun has a higher advantage for bigger killstreaks than camping does. Run and Gun I can usually get 5-7 kills in a row. Especially if you are playing hardcore and get lucky with a double or triple kill. Camping is too hard to get that many kills and once you kill one guy they know your location.

I have found the best way to run and gun is to know the map and keep moving. The more you move the less likely to get picked off by someone just camping themselves.
All depends on the playstyle. I can't run and gun. Others can't camp. And yeah, if you're camping one spot for too long, you're gonna get picked off, just like running and gunning will get you killed if there are a couple of campers that know what they're doing. Unless you have one of those braindead morons who keeps blindly sprinting to your location and asking you to remove their head for them, then pick off 2-3 people and move on.

I've had no significant issues getting killstreaks.

And of course, I'm talking about when you're playing vs. randoms. If the team you're playing against is communicating properly and/or actually has something resembling a clue what they're doing, you'll need to adjust accordingly. Or be prepared to go 4-20.

Last edited by ChromiumDragon; 04-25-2013 at 03:35 PM.
ChromiumDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #24
DMV

ScorpioXGemini's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromiumDragon View Post
I *am* the type of player that most players hate. I have no problems with this, because I couldn't care less about the opinions of randoms that I'll never meet anyway. I use Target Finder on all my weapons, because without it it's very difficult for me to spot people corner-camped in otherwise very good spots, or spots where they blend into the background fairly well. Some of my friends (one that I usually play with is my best friend's son who is 16 and can see much better than I can) can spot them from a mile away. I simply cannot. I adapt accordingly. And of course, I get creamated by the people using cold-blooded unless they're also dumb enough to be running out in the open (Fortunately for me, this accounts for a good number of people. )

Take Standoff, for example. I don't have to know everything going on "in my face". I drop a claymore/shock/betty at the doorways to give me warning if an opponent comes in. And since I'm on the 2nd floor, I don't usually have to worry about anyone popping up in front of me (anyone stupid enough to try climbing up the hay usually gets picked off by someone else anyway). I now have a view of the main road, the broken path to the left, the entrance to the general store to the right, and the opening of the 2nd floor to that building. From there, I can pick off whoever is running around, and call out anyone I missed or couldn't get to in time. I can usually pick off about 2-3 people before I either get killed or have to abandon it. There have been times where I've been insta-killed by someone I couldn't see laying on the tank, and there have been times where I go bloodthirsty because one idiot keeps trying to sprint into the garage and keeps wondering why there are bullets where his eye sockets used to be.

And yes, I get cremated by people that know what they're doing. But in most games, it's a bunch of randoms and I can at least get a 1.5+ k/d
I mean, if you killed me while camping, I would just flank you and get my kill back, nothing to get mad about because if you don't want to get killed in any game, you shouldn't be playing this game. You gotta go with what works to excel. That's how it goes. Me making laps on maps is what works for me. Keeps everyone sharp, almost as if they're expecting me to pop out somewhere.

Job's Never Done, There's Always A Game That I Need/Want To Try Out, And Achievements That Need To Be.... Achieved
DMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:57 PM   #25
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I always run and "gun". And by "gun" I mean knife. That is my weapon of choice on both the PC and 360 and I love all of the abuse I receive during and after matches.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:44 PM   #26
jules the great

Send a message via AIM to jules the great

OldSchoolJules's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
i used to hate these cod games but the moment i realized that you could block EVERYONE except friends, I started having a blast without being critized and getting sh*t messages. I play domination, which I think is the best mode to get better. Since I have the public blocked they cant hear me, I cant hear them and I will never get hate msgs. I was able to get fairly good at COD games doing this. Since I only play usually between release day and about feb/march I only have the general public blocked for a few months. Then I unblock everyone and play other games. But seriously, give domination a try, you just might get better overall, playing that mode.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:04 AM   #27
beaste9
Banned User

Campers are pieces of shit who need to get a life. That other guy, okay I can respect that about poor eyesight, but if you're camping for k/d fuck you! As for the guy who stupidly said 10 kills may help more than the 50 kills, I highly doubt that. Usually those who camp get like 40+ kills in K/C, yet I am the one with 30 kills and 40 confirms whilst he is going with like 15 confirms because he moved from one camping spot to another. I am sorry there is no excuse for camping, anyone can do it and be good at it, the only difference is the boredom level that goes with camping.
beaste9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:26 PM   #28
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

Here lately I've been rushing a lot. I can't help myself, I rush to an objective, then rush to the next, and I keep circling around the map, trying to flip the spawns and keep control of the flags (I only play Domination).

I used to patrol a quarter of the map, hold down whatever flag was in that area, and take down anyone that came along. I suppose it was a form of camping, but I always moved around my area of the map and defended the objective. Problem was more and more people stopped playing the objective, instead they started farming for kills.

Thanks to this I had to start rushing and capping as much as I could, as I would have games where people wouldn't come near my area of the map, not for fear of being killed, but just not playing the objective.

It sucks too because I used to love patrolling and holding people back. Can't do that with BO2, no one gives a shit about the objective.

Thanks to the great Cpt Slaughter for the VGCE Show Logo!

JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #29
Stormy2k

Stormy2k's Gamercard
I'm a camper, but that's how I roll in COD. I don't really view it as a run and gun game like when I played Quake or Unreal back in the day.

My Classes are all:

Hardline
Scavenger
Engineer

Betty x1
EMP x2

AA or KAP 40 (If an indoor map).

With kill/scorestreaks in a game, you want to get the points ASAP, so I set up position at a choke point that most people use and waste them on the way through.

Add Bettys to your class to watch your six, plus EMP grenades for equipment/streak destroy points and an AA launcher, it can be a breeze earning points. On Plaza I use trophies to defend the rooftop.

Add the perk Scavenger and just keep topping up Primary and Secondary equipment and you're pretty much good to go.

When I play with my mates, two or three of us camp up watching choke points while the rest run and gun.

You'd be amazed how stupid people are, after repeatedly being killed over and over in the same place and then complain at the end how shit I am or how I have no skill etc, erm, you were the guy that couldn't kill a person sat in the same spot, with multiple paths in to get me and a load of equipment at your disposal.

When I eventually get RPG'd or killed then its back in to setup shop somewhere again.

Sometimes I'll kill a guy 3 or 4 times then I'll switch corners, so he'll come in guns blazing shooting me in the corner I was in and I'll just shoot him in the back from the other corner.

Why don't people set a class up called 'Anti Camper' or something? I have a Class set up in case the other team has Riot Shield players, called 'XD'. All explosives on that class to stop them.

After a week of a COD being launched, we all learned he maps and know the main choke points and hotspots for activity and just lock them down.

They key to doing well in COD is learning when the main areas are and to watch them like a hawk.

I paid for my game, I'll play it how I want.

Sure I get my arse kicked sometimes and I moan like a bitch, but you can't win 'em all.

Oh and always ADS when going around a corner in case of enemy contact.

I'm on twitter @Stormy2k - Talking Games/Movies/Wrestling.
Stormy2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #30
beaste9
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormy2k View Post
I'm a camper, but that's how I roll in COD. I don't really view it as a run and gun game like when I played Quake or Unreal back in the day.

My Classes are all:

Hardline
Scavenger
Engineer

Betty x1
EMP x2

AA or KAP 40 (If an indoor map).

With kill/scorestreaks in a game, you want to get the points ASAP, so I set up position at a choke point that most people use and waste them on the way through.

Add Bettys to your class to watch your six, plus EMP grenades for equipment/streak destroy points and an AA launcher, it can be a breeze earning points. On Plaza I use trophies to defend the rooftop.

Add the perk Scavenger and just keep topping up Primary and Secondary equipment and you're pretty much good to go.

When I play with my mates, two or three of us camp up watching choke points while the rest run and gun.

You'd be amazed how stupid people are, after repeatedly being killed over and over in the same place and then complain at the end how shit I am or how I have no skill etc, erm, you were the guy that couldn't kill a person sat in the same spot, with multiple paths in to get me and a load of equipment at your disposal.

When I eventually get RPG'd or killed then its back in to setup shop somewhere again.

Sometimes I'll kill a guy 3 or 4 times then I'll switch corners, so he'll come in guns blazing shooting me in the corner I was in and I'll just shoot him in the back from the other corner.

Why don't people set a class up called 'Anti Camper' or something? I have a Class set up in case the other team has Riot Shield players, called 'XD'. All explosives on that class to stop them.

After a week of a COD being launched, we all learned he maps and know the main choke points and hotspots for activity and just lock them down.

They key to doing well in COD is learning when the main areas are and to watch them like a hawk.

I paid for my game, I'll play it how I want.

Sure I get my arse kicked sometimes and I moan like a bitch, but you can't win 'em all.

Oh and always ADS when going around a corner in case of enemy contact.
You my friend are the reason I am done with call of duty, I was going to keep this fairly short but I am going to out right call you a little girl hiding away in your 'shop' as you put it.

Look at all that bullshit planning you do for a GAME, you say its stupid that people can't kill you even though you are in the same place, well some times its difficult when you have mother Treyarch providing you with all the tools to camp (Scavenger, trophy system, betties, etc). Look get a life, go outside, run around outside to make up for your lack of inactivity in a video game, just because I buy a sword doesn't mean I can go cut up whoever the fuck I want. My point is, just because I bought the game doesn't mean I can hack every game, its an unfair and pussy tactic right? Yeah same thing here.

Edit: I forgot to add to the bit about mother Treyarch, you are on that ladder bit at Plaza, you got God knows how many betties with your teammates, they can't throw explosives either cause of your trophy system and by that time you have killed them and scavenged more equipment. Oh my fucking God I hate this community and I hope COD burns to the ground!

Last edited by beaste9; 05-05-2013 at 01:57 PM.
beaste9 is offline   Reply With Quote