PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shooter > God Mode
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-21-2013, 03:46 AM   #1
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
FPS layout bug

I prefer this layout because I absolutely hate sprint being , but there is this annoying problem with the FPS layout.

It says that is switch weapons, and it is, but it also uses your ability for some reason. So if I need to switch weapons and my thing is fully charged, it does that and switches weapons which can screw me over sometimes.

Anyone else have this problem? Hate to have to go back to default since sprinting is hard with and sprinting is vital in this game.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:52 AM   #2
EatSleepDreamAchievements

Whatever your issue is with holding down the "A" button you might want to look into getting a controller that can REMAP buttons in addition to having the feature of being able to program any button to a special button found on the back of the controller for ease of use.

Such as the Datel EVO controller.

I use it a lot in Battlefield games for spotting since it lets me keep my thumbs on the sticks.
When insulting someone by calling them "kid", you are officially announcing that you are arguing with a kid. Some adult YOU are.

pinĚhead
[pin-hed] noun
1. the head of a pin.
2. something very small or insignificant.
3. Slang. a stupid person; nitwit.
EatSleepDreamAchievements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:57 AM   #3
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Well I have a XIM3 which lets me use a mouse and keyboard and I can program any button to any key and create my own layout, but that still doesn't solve the problem. For some reason the in that layout wasn't cleared of that binding in the layout, so when I press it does two things.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
Well I have a XIM3 which lets me use a mouse and keyboard and I can program any button to any key and create my own layout, but that still doesn't solve the problem. For some reason the in that layout wasn't cleared of that binding in the layout, so when I press it does two things.
So don't set the in game controls to "FPS Layout" and instead manually setup your XIM3 to the "FPS Layout" via your PC. The game will think you are using the "Default Layout" but your controller will react as if it were using the "FPS Layout".

I can confirm that the "FPS Layout" has the "Ability" binded to both the "A" and "X" button. I suggest contacting ATLUS / Old School Games via social media to let them know of the problem.
When insulting someone by calling them "kid", you are officially announcing that you are arguing with a kid. Some adult YOU are.

pinĚhead
[pin-hed] noun
1. the head of a pin.

Last edited by EatSleepDreamAchievements; 04-22-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:29 AM   #5
DROGTURIST

DROGTURIST's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatSleepDreamAchievements View Post
Such as the Datel EVO controller.

I use it a lot in Battlefield games for spotting since it lets me keep my thumbs on the sticks.
Unrelated to the thread, but does that controller allow you to map two inputs to one button? Like if I wanted the controller to send Y+B to the console when I press X?
DROGTURIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DROGTURIST View Post
Unrelated to the thread, but does that controller allow you to map two inputs to one button? Like if I wanted the controller to send Y+B to the console when I press X?
The button remap Feature on the Datel EVO controller can only do a 1 to 1 button remap of any of the normal buttons such as, A, B, X, Y, LS and RS (clicking down), LB, RB, LT, RT and the UP, DOWN, RIGHT, LEFT of the D-PAD. There is also another Feature for swapping sticks.

There is the Autofire Feature that can program any combination of buttons to additional buttons on the underside of the controller. You could program "Y" and "B" to one of those underside buttons. Since it's Autofire it will act like a "turbo" with the combination of buttons being pressed x number of times per second as long as you are holding down the button or have it toggled to do so automatically. Even though it will react like a "turbo" is will really only do so if you are holding down the button. One press of the button would only do the combination one time when set to "Hold".

Using the "Default Layout" and setting up "Y" (Switch Weapons) and "B" (Melee) it effectively reloads and melees with the press of 1 button. What happens in game is that you melee first and then switch weapons. Since the button is under the controller you don't have to take your Right Thumb off of the Right Stick and can instead use your middle finger to activate the combo, which is the primary benefit of having those underside buttons.

Personally, I like having the rolling and switching weapons setup together as it does it in in one fluid motion giving you the chance to roll away and have your other weapon ready to fire. Particularly useful when you run out of ammo on your current weapon.

pinĚhead
[pin-hed] noun
1. the head of a pin.