PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-21-2012, 02:41 PM   #1
ScottHarris

neoscott's Gamercard
DBZ Budokai 2 As DLC ?

Anyone else hope this happens ? There original plan was to release all 3 games in one anyway so i see no reason why they wouldn't do it.

12 more achievements as well which would take the total to 55.
ScottHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:04 AM   #2
Takamura Bear

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I don't think they will even bother to be honest. I think there's a reason why 1 & 2 were only included in the HD collection. Budokai 2 is considered the least popular of the Budokai games in the series, and it didn't help with the board game in the story mode they threw in which did not go down well with a lot of the fans from what I remember.

They could do it as DLC, but I don't see a lot of people being too happy about paying for a lesser game than Budokai 3 and Budokai (story mode wise), so it's doubtful.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:42 AM   #3
TVthePunisher
AV#13: What'd you say?!

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I only ever played Budokai 2...x.x so I'm not familiar with the others. I forgot if the one I played had where you could play alternate storylines, like Raditz as a good guy...
TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:06 AM   #4
UnDeadVision726

Mr SaxMachine's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Bear View Post
I don't think they will even bother to be honest. I think there's a reason why 1 & 2 were only included in the HD collection. Budokai 2 is considered the least popular of the Budokai games in the series, and it didn't help with the board game in the story mode they threw in which did not go down well with a lot of the fans from what I remember.

They could do it as DLC, but I don't see a lot of people being too happy about paying for a lesser game than Budokai 3 and Budokai (story mode wise), so it's doubtful.
I agree... On the other hand, releasing the first Budokai Tenkaichi title as DLC would be cool unless they are already planning an HD collection for those as well

Good?... Bad?... I'm the guy with the gun...
UnDeadVision726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:11 AM   #5
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Budokai 2 is considered the least popular of the Budokai games in the series, and it didn't help with the board game in the story mode they threw in which did not go down well with a lot of the fans from what I remember.
At least the board game was unique and provided replay value, unlike Budokai 1's simple chapter select. I don't think they'll do it as DLC though, if they wanted to include the game they would have done it from the start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:57 PM   #6
Takamura Bear

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
At least the board game was unique and provided replay value, unlike Budokai 1's simple chapter select. I don't think they'll do it as DLC though, if they wanted to include the game they would have done it from the start.
While it may have been unique in some ways, it just wasn't that fun or popular with the fans as it could have been. I know it's supposed to be a board game, but the whole chasing characters around the map thing didn't really work for me. I think I played it once or twice, then never touched it again.

Even if it was a simple chapter select system, the story mode in Budokai was more fun to play. Heck, even the story mode in Budokai 3 was simple with no cutscenes, but at least you had some form of interaction with characters flying around the world. I actually enjoyed that aspect of 3.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:31 PM   #7
KillerBEA
Lords Are Coming

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
I really liked the board game style from Budokai 2 personally. Then again I love board games

Thanks for the signature Slaughter.
[Youtube] [MAL] [Blog] [Twitch] [Extra Life]
KillerBEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #8
ScottHarris

neoscott's Gamercard
Quote:
But from what i heard that was the original plan , the only reason they left Budokai 2 out is because they couldn't fit all 3 Budokai games on one Xbox 360 disc.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:45 PM   #9
KillerBEA
Lords Are Coming

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottHarris View Post
But from what i heard that was the original plan , the only reason they left Budokai 2 out is because they couldn't fit all 3 Budokai games on one Xbox 360 disc.
That would be one lame ass excuse.....

Thanks for the signature Slaughter.
[Youtube] [MAL] [Blog] [Twitch] [Extra Life]
KillerBEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:54 PM   #10
TVthePunisher
AV#13: What'd you say?!

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
It is a lame excuse, they stuck MGS2/3 on the same Disc and put Peace Walker on a second disc. They could have easily put DBB1 and DBB2 on the same disc, then DBB3 on another. If need be put separate achievement lists but hell it's not impossibru.
TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #11
L KIRA HAYABUSA

L KIRA HAYABUSA's Gamercard
I didn't like Budokai 2, it was just hard for me at times and I didn't really like the board game design (apparently, many others here don't either xD)
L KIRA HAYABUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #12
Grizzlyboy316

Grizzly2008's Gamercard
i think they should have an HD collection 2 with Budokai 2 and infinite world
Grizzlyboy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:44 AM   #13
ScottHarris

neoscott's Gamercard
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBEA View Post
That would be one lame ass excuse.....
I agree that would be lame. I am not 100% if it's the true reason but when i first seen this advertised in Japan i seen a picture saying about all 3 Budokai's in one. It even said in English 3 in 1
Old 09-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #14
Kahn13

TwistOfFate619's Gamercard
Quote:
While it may have been unique in some ways, it just wasn't that fun or popular with the fans as it could have been. I know it's supposed to be a board game, but the whole chasing characters around the map thing didn't really work for me. I think I played it once or twice, then never touched it again.
For me it was unique in more than enough ways and far more satisfying experience than Budokai 1 was. It offered so many unique ideas (what if fusions/Majins/absorptions) and I highly enjoyed the board game aspect (it did encourage at least a small amount of exploring (finding dragon radar for dragonballs and minor map events like trying to fuse etc).

Besides, I preferred having the remixed story full of somewhat interesting concepts also. While having cutscenes might've been considered to have been kinda cool back then I found having the world map and minor interactions to be a step in the right direction (though unfortunately too few of those unique interactions - most had simply quotes from the minor characters). Plus I felt the graphics were much nicer.

Kahn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:55 PM   #15
Electron329

electron329's Gamercard
I seriously doubt 2 will be dlc, if for only one reason being, what would be their selling point after we already have Budokai 3? I mean they aren't going to give it away for free, and Budokai 2 doesn't have anything worth going back to for many people playing this game.
Sure, maybe it was fun to fuse Tien and Yamcha...once, and the board game might be fun for nostagia, but I don't think it would sell to anyone for the reason alone, maybe just for achievements.

Budokai was fun for the time, but it was really just a thing to do untill 3 came out. 3 was just betting in every way and in my opinon, the best dbz game overall to date. (Im not a big fan of the tenkaichi stuff)
I do think it's dumb to have a collection that is missing the middle game, but since it's not like we're missing a story, if anything it would be just grinding through the achievements for most untill they can settle down with Budokai 3. Budokai 1 at least looks totally different and is legendary and nostalgic for being the first great dbz game of its type.
Electron329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #16
Wing Gundam Zero

Tallgeese II's Gamercard
Probably not
Old 10-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #17
Sketsboy16

Sketsboy16's Gamercard
I hope so!
Sketsboy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:18 PM   #18
greedo911

heavytiger47's Gamercard
Wasn't Budo-2 the game with Chao-Tza, Master Roshi, and Yajirobi as playable characters?

I get that they weren't the strongest characters, but I really enjoyed having the option to play as them (or against them).

I'm a fan of the early DB characters, I never really got into the series after the Cell Games.

At least they have achievements for Krillin, Yamcha, and Tien. Those three are my faves.

As you can tell, I chose my favorites based solely on nostalgia.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:37 PM   #19
Kahn13

TwistOfFate619's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by greedo911 View Post
Wasn't Budo-2 the game with Chao-Tza, Master Roshi, and Yajirobi as playable characters?
Nah Budokai Tenkaichi (well at least one of the games in that series) had those guys.

After replaying Budokai 1, it just REALLY makes me wish they had made the package contain Budokai 3 and TENKAICHI 3! Fair enough that they don't include Budokai 2, but including the first game over 2 is ludicrous.

It's like if Capcom decided to put together an ultimate "Street Fighter" compilation and threw in both the original Street Fighter and Street Fighter 2 games over any of the more deserving games (e.g. Alpha 3). Some "first" games just aren't worth bothering with...

Last edited by Kahn13; 11-14-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Kahn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #20
DarkSephiroth

DarkSephiroth07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
DBZ Budokai tenkaichi HD collection would be awesome!

But I will definitely get Budokai 2 DLC if that ever comes.
The whole package would have been better if it would have been Budokai 2 and 3.

Thanks to Rep for this sick picture!
My Guides: DFL, DW8, RE Code Veronica X Battle mode
, SSFIVAE, USFIV
My youtube
DarkSephiroth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #21
neosman8

Liam Rising's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSephiroth View Post

But I will definitely get Budokai 2 DLC if that ever comes.
The whole package would have been better if it would have been Budokai 2 and 3.
quite a while back it was rumored that the budokai tenkaichi hd collection would be coming out and contain 1,2 and 3 but so far no further news on it.

i hope they release budokai 2 in some form but im happy with just 1 and 3 for now.

sonic adventure 2: battle HD

Last edited by neosman8; 12-02-2012 at 12:55 PM.
neosman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:12 AM   #22
Smackerly21392

Send a message via AIM to Smackerly21392 Send a message via Skype™ to Smackerly21392

Smackerly21392's Gamercard
I read an article where they stated the reason they did not include 2 was because it really didn't do anything for the series. Budokai started it all and 3 was the best of the series. Admittedly I only play the first Budokai so I am not bashing 2 but I am really excited to replay the game, get my achievements and try Budokai 3 for the first time
Smackerly21392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:16 PM   #23
Mark88880

Mark88880's Gamercard
I was devasted that it wasn't on the disc. I loved Budokai 2. It was my favourite.

Going for 16,000 by January 25th
Mark88880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:18 PM   #24
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahn13 View Post
It's like if Capcom decided to put together an ultimate "Street Fighter" compilation and threw in both the original Street Fighter and Street Fighter 2 games over any of the more deserving games (e.g. Alpha 3).
Is that a joke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 01-08-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:03 PM   #25
ronnie42

ronnie42's Gamercard
Quote:
Anyone else hope this happens ? There original plan was to release all 3 games in one anyway so i see no reason why they wouldn't do it.

12 more achievements as well which would take the total to 55.
I'm all up for it. Didn't expect a hd collection, most didn't either so maybe they will. I'm quite curious since loved to see it as dlc since it was part of the collection but I wish they would do the same for the mgs/silent hill collection too.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:02 PM   #26
Thicketford

Thicketford's Gamercard
Budokai 2 was pretty enjoyable, much better than 1 in my opinion. However B3 is hands down the best. The lack of the original music is the most disappointing thing for me.
Thicketford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #27
THe NoMaD

the nomad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSephiroth View Post
The first Budokai Tenkaichi was terrible. I'd hate to see that in a collection. 2+3 would be okay though. 2 being my favourite one of all due to the password tournaments I used to play on the Atari forums.
THe NoMaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:25 PM   #28
ShadowDante58

ShadowDante58's Gamercard
Budokai 2 won't be released as a part of the collection. Ever, unfortunately. Apparently the reason for it is because Budokai 2 was released on the Gamecube, and Nintendo was against it being on the collection, something like that. It's definitely something to do with the GC release.
ShadowDante58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #29
Smackerly21392

Send a message via AIM to Smackerly21392 Send a message via Skype™ to Smackerly21392

Smackerly21392's Gamercard
From what I have read they did not include the second game because they felt it wasn't as big of a landmark as 1 and 3, 1 starting the franchise and 3 being what they felt was the culmination of what they wanted.
Smackerly21392 is offline   Reply With Quote