PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2012, 02:41 PM   #1
ScottHarris
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: England
Posts: 336

neoscott's Gamercard
DBZ Budokai 2 As DLC ?

Anyone else hope this happens ? There original plan was to release all 3 games in one anyway so i see no reason why they wouldn't do it.

12 more achievements as well which would take the total to 55.
ScottHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:04 AM   #2
Takamura Bear
 
Takamura Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,789

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I don't think they will even bother to be honest. I think there's a reason why 1 & 2 were only included in the HD collection. Budokai 2 is considered the least popular of the Budokai games in the series, and it didn't help with the board game in the story mode they threw in which did not go down well with a lot of the fans from what I remember.

They could do it as DLC, but I don't see a lot of people being too happy about paying for a lesser game than Budokai 3 and Budokai (story mode wise), so it's doubtful.
__________________
Takamura Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:42 AM   #3
TVthePunisher
AV#13: What'd you say?!
 
TVthePunisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sirrent Hirrrr =X We arr rive in Sirent Hirrrr!
Posts: 3,758
Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I only ever played Budokai 2...x.x so I'm not familiar with the others. I forgot if the one I played had where you could play alternate storylines, like Raditz as a good guy...
__________________
Now Playing: Space Station Silicon Valley (N64)
Now Watching: The Strain, Legends, SOA
Current Top Shows: The Strain, Hannibal, Arrow, The Walking Dead, Oz
TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:06 AM   #4
UnDeadVision726
 
UnDeadVision726's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 56

Mr SaxMachine's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Bear View Post
I don't think they will even bother to be honest. I think there's a reason why 1 & 2 were only included in the HD collection. Budokai 2 is considered the least popular of the Budokai games in the series, and it didn't help with the board game in the story mode they threw in which did not go down well with a lot of the fans from what I remember.

They could do it as DLC, but I don't see a lot of people being too happy about paying for a lesser game than Budokai 3 and Budokai (story mode wise), so it's doubtful.
I agree... On the other hand, releasing the first Budokai Tenkaichi title as DLC would be cool unless they are already planning an HD collection for those as well
__________________

Good?... Bad?... I'm the guy with the gun...
UnDeadVision726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:11 AM   #5
Veedrock
 
Veedrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alaska, USA
Posts: 3,543

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Bear View Post
Budokai 2 is considered the least popular of the Budokai games in the series, and it didn't help with the board game in the story mode they threw in which did not go down well with a lot of the fans from what I remember.
At least the board game was unique and provided replay value, unlike Budokai 1's simple chapter select. I don't think they'll do it as DLC though, if they wanted to include the game they would have done it from the start.
__________________
#postcount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:57 PM   #6
Takamura Bear
 
Takamura Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,789

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
At least the board game was unique and provided replay value, unlike Budokai 1's simple chapter select. I don't think they'll do it as DLC though, if they wanted to include the game they would have done it from the start.
While it may have been unique in some ways, it just wasn't that fun or popular with the fans as it could have been. I know it's supposed to be a board game, but the whole chasing characters around the map thing didn't really work for me. I think I played it once or twice, then never touched it again.

Even if it was a simple chapter select system, the story mode in Budokai was more fun to play. Heck, even the story mode in Budokai 3 was simple with no cutscenes, but at least you had some form of interaction with characters flying around the world. I actually enjoyed that aspect of 3.
__________________
Takamura Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:31 PM   #7
KillerBEA
Lords Are Coming
 
KillerBEA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,015
Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
I really liked the board game style from Budokai 2 personally. Then again I love board games
__________________

Thanks for the signature Slaughter.
[Youtube] [MAL] [Blog] [Twitch] [Extra Life]
KillerBEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #8
ScottHarris
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: England
Posts: 336

neoscott's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
At least the board game was unique and provided replay value, unlike Budokai 1's simple chapter select. I don't think they'll do it as DLC though, if they wanted to include the game they would have done it from the start.
But from what i heard that was the original plan , the only reason they left Budokai 2 out is because they couldn't fit all 3 Budokai games on one Xbox 360 disc.
ScottHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:45 PM   #9
KillerBEA
Lords Are Coming
 
KillerBEA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,015
Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottHarris View Post
But from what i heard that was the original plan , the only reason they left Budokai 2 out is because they couldn't fit all 3 Budokai games on one Xbox 360 disc.
That would be one lame ass excuse.....
__________________

Thanks for the signature Slaughter.
[Youtube] [MAL] [Blog] [Twitch] [Extra Life]
KillerBEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:54 PM   #10
TVthePunisher
AV#13: What'd you say?!
 
TVthePunisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sirrent Hirrrr =X We arr rive in Sirent Hirrrr!
Posts: 3,758
Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
It is a lame excuse, they stuck MGS2/3 on the same Disc and put Peace Walker on a second disc. They could have easily put DBB1 and DBB2 on the same disc, then DBB3 on another. If need be put separate achievement lists but hell it's not impossibru.
__________________
Now Playing: Space Station Silicon Valley (N64)
Now Watching: The Strain, Legends, SOA
Current Top Shows: The Strain, Hannibal, Arrow, The Walking Dead, Oz
TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #11
L KIRA HAYABUSA
 
L KIRA HAYABUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Broken Arrow,Oklahoma
Posts: 233

L KIRA HAYABUSA's Gamercard
I didn't like Budokai 2, it was just hard for me at times and I didn't really like the board game design (apparently, many others here don't either xD)
L KIRA HAYABUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #12
Grizzlyboy316
 
Grizzlyboy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6

Grizzly2008's Gamercard
i think they should have an HD collection 2 with Budokai 2 and infinite world
Grizzlyboy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:44 AM   #13
ScottHarris
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: England
Posts: 336

neoscott's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
At least the board game was unique and provided replay value, unlike Budokai 1's simple chapter select. I don't think they'll do it as DLC though, if they wanted to include the game they would have done it from the start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottHarris View Post
But from what i heard that was the original plan , the only reason they left Budokai 2 out is because they couldn't fit all 3 Budokai games on one Xbox 360 disc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBEA View Post
That would be one lame ass excuse.....
I agree that would be lame. I am not 100% if it's the true reason but when i first seen this advertised in Japan i seen a picture saying about all 3 Budokai's in one. It even said in English 3 in 1
ScottHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #14
Kahn13
 
Kahn13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 203

TwistOfFate619's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Bear View Post
While it may have been unique in some ways, it just wasn't that fun or popular with the fans as it could have been. I know it's supposed to be a board game, but the whole chasing characters around the map thing didn't really work for me. I think I played it once or twice, then never touched it again.
For me it was unique in more than enough ways and far more satisfying experience than Budokai 1 was. It offered so many unique ideas (what if fusions/Majins/absorptions) and I highly enjoyed the board game aspect (it did encourage at least a small amount of exploring (finding dragon radar for dragonballs and minor map events like trying to fuse etc).

Besides, I preferred having the remixed story full of somewhat interesting concepts also. While having cutscenes might've been considered to have been kinda cool back then I found having the world map and minor interactions to be a step in the right direction (though unfortunately too few of those unique interactions - most had simply quotes from the minor characters). Plus I felt the graphics were much nicer.
__________________


Kahn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:55 PM   #15
Electron329
 
Electron329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7

electron329's Gamercard
I seriously doubt 2 will be dlc, if for only one reason being, what would be their selling point after we already have Budokai 3? I mean they aren't going to give it away for free, and Budokai 2 doesn't have anything worth going back to for many people playing this game.
Sure, maybe it was fun to fuse Tien and Yamcha...once, and the board game might be fun for nostagia, but I don't think it would sell to anyone for the reason alone, maybe just for achievements.

Budokai was fun for the time, but it was really just a thing to do untill 3 came out. 3 was just betting in every way and in my opinon, the best dbz game overall to date. (Im not a big fan of the tenkaichi stuff)
I do think it's dumb to have a collection that is missing the middle game, but since it's not like we're missing a story, if anything it would be just grinding through the achievements for most untill they can settle down with Budokai 3. Budokai 1 at least looks totally different and is legendary and nostalgic for being the first great dbz game of its type.
Electron329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #16
Wing Gundam Zero
 
Wing Gundam Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 192

Tallgeese II's Gamercard
Probably not
__________________
Wing Gundam Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #17
Sketsboy16
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 12

Sketsboy16's Gamercard
I hope so!
Sketsboy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:18 PM   #18
greedo911
 
greedo911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 10

heavytiger47's Gamercard
Wasn't Budo-2 the game with Chao-Tza, Master Roshi, and Yajirobi as playable characters?

I get that they weren't the strongest characters, but I really enjoyed having the option to play as them (or against them).

I'm a fan of the early DB characters, I never really got into the series after the Cell Games.

At least they have achievements for Krillin, Yamcha, and Tien. Those three are my faves.

As you can tell, I chose my favorites based solely on nostalgia.
__________________
greedo911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:37 PM   #19
Kahn13
 
Kahn13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 203

TwistOfFate619's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by greedo911 View Post
Wasn't Budo-2 the game with Chao-Tza, Master Roshi, and Yajirobi as playable characters?
Nah Budokai Tenkaichi (well at least one of the games in that series) had those guys.

..

After replaying Budokai 1, it just REALLY makes me wish they had made the package contain Budokai 3 and TENKAICHI 3! Fair enough that they don't include Budokai 2, but including the first game over 2 is ludicrous.

It's like if Capcom decided to put together an ultimate "Street Fighter" compilation and threw in both the original Street Fighter and Street Fighter 2 games over any of the more deserving games (e.g. Alpha 3). Some "first" games just aren't worth bothering with...
__________________



Last edited by Kahn13; 11-14-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Kahn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #20
DarkSephiroth
 
DarkSephiroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 544

DarkSephiroth07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
DBZ Budokai tenkaichi HD collection would be awesome!

But I will definitely get Budokai 2 DLC if that ever comes.
The whole package would have been better if it would have been Budokai 2 and 3.
__________________

Thanks to Rep for this sick picture!
My Guides: DFL, DW8, RE Code Veronica X Battle mode
, SSFIVAE, USFIV
My youtube
DarkSephiroth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #21
neosman8
 
neosman8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: england
Posts: 394

Liam Rising's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSephiroth View Post
DBZ Budokai tenkaichi HD collection would be awesome!

But I will definitely get Budokai 2 DLC if that ever comes.
The whole package would have been better if it would have been Budokai 2 and 3.
quite a while back it was rumored that the budokai tenkaichi hd collection would be coming out and contain 1,2 and 3 but so far no further news on it.

i hope they release budokai 2 in some form but im happy with just 1 and 3 for now.
__________________
currently playing: resident evil 6, borderlands 2,

sonic adventure 2: battle HD

Last edited by neosman8; 12-02-2012 at 12:55 PM.
neosman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:12 AM   #22
Smackerly21392
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bangor, PA
Posts: 51
Send a message via AIM to Smackerly21392 Send a message via Skype™ to Smackerly21392

Smackerly21392's Gamercard
I read an article where they stated the reason they did not include 2 was because it really didn't do anything for the series. Budokai started it all and 3 was the best of the series. Admittedly I only play the first Budokai so I am not bashing 2 but I am really excited to replay the game, get my achievements and try Budokai 3 for the first time
Smackerly21392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:16 PM   #23
Mark88880
 
Mark88880's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Wigan
Posts: 4

Mark88880's Gamercard
I was devasted that it wasn't on the disc. I loved Budokai 2. It was my favourite.
__________________


Going for 16,000 by January 25th
Mark88880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:18 PM   #24
Veedrock
 
Veedrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alaska, USA
Posts: 3,543

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahn13 View Post
It's like if Capcom decided to put together an ultimate "Street Fighter" compilation and threw in both the original Street Fighter and Street Fighter 2 games over any of the more deserving games (e.g. Alpha 3).
Is that a joke?
__________________
#postcount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 01-08-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:03 PM   #25
ronnie42
 
ronnie42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: England
Posts: 303

ronnie42's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottHarris View Post
Anyone else hope this happens ? There original plan was to release all 3 games in one anyway so i see no reason why they wouldn't do it.

12 more achievements as well which would take the total to 55.
I'm all up for it. Didn't expect a hd collection, most didn't either so maybe they will. I'm quite curious since loved to see it as dlc since it was part of the collection but I wish they would do the same for the mgs/silent hill collection too.
__________________
ronnie42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:02 PM   #26
Thicketford
 
Thicketford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 336

Thicketford's Gamercard
Budokai 2 was pretty enjoyable, much better than 1 in my opinion. However B3 is hands down the best. The lack of the original music is the most disappointing thing for me.
Thicketford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #27
THe NoMaD
 
THe NoMaD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 66

the nomad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSephiroth View Post
DBZ Budokai tenkaichi HD collection would be awesome!
The first Budokai Tenkaichi was terrible. I'd hate to see that in a collection. 2+3 would be okay though. 2 being my favourite one of all due to the password tournaments I used to play on the Atari forums.
THe NoMaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:25 PM   #28
ShadowDante58
 
ShadowDante58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 165

ShadowDante58's Gamercard
Budokai 2 won't be released as a part of the collection. Ever, unfortunately. Apparently the reason for it is because Budokai 2 was released on the Gamecube, and Nintendo was against it being on the collection, something like that. It's definitely something to do with the GC release.
ShadowDante58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #29
Smackerly21392
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bangor, PA
Posts: 51
Send a message via AIM to Smackerly21392 Send a message via Skype™ to Smackerly21392

Smackerly21392's Gamercard
From what I have read they did not include the second game because they felt it wasn't as big of a landmark as 1 and 3, 1 starting the franchise and 3 being what they felt was the culmination of what they wanted.
Smackerly21392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:21 PM.