PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-13-2014, 03:25 AM   #1
FRIDAY M0RTIMER

FRIDAY M0RTIMER's Gamercard
I Hate This Game

There's nothing fundamentally broken or unplayable, but this is still one of the worst games I've played on 360. It's just plain not fun. Massive amounts of repetition, collection and over-used dialogue makes the whole thing feel like a drawn out idea that could have been 5 hours of fun but was stretched out to be 30+ hours of agony. Did anyone actually enjoy this game?
FRIDAY M0RTIMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 03:28 AM   #2
PiixL

Send a message via Skype™ to PiixL

ImPiixL's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRIDAY M0RTIMER View Post
There's nothing fundamentally broken or unplayable, but this is still one of the worst games I've played on 360. It's just plain not fun. Massive amounts of repetition, collection and over-used dialogue makes the whole thing feel like a drawn out idea that could have been 5 hours of fun but was stretched out to be 30+ hours of agony. Did anyone actually enjoy this game?
I enjoyed it. I thought it was a very good game. I didn't mind the repitition as the gameplay was amazing at the time. It was a game that evolutionised the Assassin Creed series which I began to love, so basically i'll stand behind it and say that it was a really good game. I'd rate it 7.5-8/10

Xbox One: Telltale: The Walking Dead Season 1 and 2

Current Series Watching on Netflix: AHS Season 2

PiixL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 03:59 PM   #3
Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Story wise my favorite game in the series. Lots of nostalgia for me. Yes it gets repetitive, but in 2007 this game was the "bee's knees".

Currently Watching: Workaholics Season 4
Currently Playing: Need for Speed Rivals XB1

Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:36 PM   #4
ImaginaryRuins

imaginaryruins's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Some elements are repetitive but it is just too extreme and unobjective to call it "worst". Its score on many game websites was relatively high, and there are far, far more games having lower scores than it has.

I like the game, and I'm not speaking up for Assassin's Creed because I'm a blind fanboy; just stating the fact.

Also, if any game gives you "agaony", just stop playing it, pure and simple.

1st 1000G: Batman Arkham Asylum (PC)
1st Xbox360 game: Trusty Bell Chopin no Yume / Eternal Sonata
1st Xbox One game: Child of Light

1st Xbox360 player to obtain Obsessive Compulsive (collect all loots in a single chapter) in Thief on 25/2/2014 at Trueachievements.org

ImaginaryRuins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 03:50 PM   #5
Tobias Tobbs

Tobias Tobbs's Gamercard
The story was what drew me in and although the gameplay is repetitive, this game was the launching point for the series. The gameplay has gotten much better, although the modern day story is stupid and really should have just kept to the stories of Desmonds' ancestors.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:40 AM   #6
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
The only way you could hate this game is if you played any of the other games first, then came back to play this
Old 08-25-2014, 11:36 AM   #7
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dz06lt View Post
The only way you could hate this game is if you played any of the other games first, then came back to play this
+1

I've had friends say the same thing. One of 'em played Black Flag first and enjoyed it so much that he wanted to go back and play the previous ones. Hated every single one.

iBuzz7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:54 PM   #8
Dawn and Mike

DnM Gaming's Gamercard
Quote:

First of all I have to say your welcome to have your own opinion. That's what I truly love about this site/forum, you can voice you opinion and not have people having a go at you saying your wrong and just blind.

I personally really enjoyed the game, yes it is very repetitive and the gameplay mechanics are not as good as games of today but the story was amazing for 2007 and in my opinion even in today standards. It was interesting because you was stripped of everything because you didn't follow the creed and you have to gain it all back while learning what is going on between the Assassin's and the Templar's. I am looking to play this game again soon as I haven't gotten it finished on this account yet. Also yes there are loads of collectables and I probably wont get them all but I really don't mind not have the 100% completion as I play for the story and the nostalgia not the achievements and completions.
Dawn and Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 10:40 AM   #9
dinny2891

dinny tarks's Gamercard
I can understand people who didn't like it due to the collectables, and suspect it makes a difference whether you played this around the time it was released or played one of the more recent assassin s games and then decided to go back and try it. Personally I played the game early and it got me hooked on the series. I loved it. And I thought there were improvements with (almost) every new instalment since
dinny2891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 12:59 PM   #10
Rickmassacre

Rickmassacre's Gamercard
Quote:
has the nerve to slag off a 7 year old game.

gtfo.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:22 PM   #11
FPSnoob2012

FPSnoob2012's Gamercard
AC was one of the first games I played when I started gaming two-and-a-half years ago and, even then, I loved it.

Later games added depth to the story, maps, and gameplay, but AC still did a lot right. The exporation of the ancient cities was fun (aside from the crazy old men who continually blew my cover on Informer Missions), the climbing and leap of faith mechanics were enjoyable, and the game made me feel like a badass: as Altair I blew through 27 guards in one fight (Eagle's Challenge!); it doesn't sound like Arno will be able to do that.

As much as I enjoyed the buying/upgrading property in later games, I actually missed the Assassin's Bureau locations in each city. Having friendly refuge in hostile locations appealed to me.

The game was revolutionary and, in many ways, a proof of concept, so it absolutely lacks the depth of the later games, but nothing AC does is bad.

Sorry you're not enjoying it.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:15 PM   #12
Guitar LInc0ln

Guitar LInc0ln's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
Well, I have to say that the first one was indeed "boring" after a few hours as you always do the same on every mission. But compared to the other Assassin's Creed games the first one is by far the worst.

I know so many game series that have no kind of evolution throughout their games, where you don't see any major changes or fixes, making all of their games just feel like the first one all over again (or even some steps back like I felt in Borderlands 2 where all the great wasteland atmosphere was completely gone for me and I could not get back into this franchise "universe" as much as I wanted to). But if there's one thing Assassin's Creed did throughout the series, it's evolving. If you've hated the first one, you will most likely LOVE the other AC games, trust me.

Guitar LInc0ln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 01:41 PM   #13
ImaginaryRuins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar LInc0ln View Post
if there's one thing Assassin's Creed did throughout the series, it's evolving. If you've hated the first one, you will most likely LOVE the other AC games, trust me.
It is so hard to imagine back in 2007 (or 2010 in my case as that was when I first played AC), that the series have become the way it is now. So many were added/removed/modified in order to bring new gameplay elements or to blend into history.

Assassin's Creed (the first game) has a kind of simplicity in it - not too many side activities. In modern AC games, they are packed with side missions that sometimes I simply forget where I am in the main story, but in AC, I definitely knew who my targets were and could follow the storyline completely. Also, even today, I still feel that the assassinations of the 'bosses'/targets in AC have the best 'souls' in them. I actually think about what the targets say and question myself whether I have done the right thing killing them. This, I seldom feel it again in moder AC games.

1st Xbox360 player to obtain Obsessive Compulsive (collect all loots in a single chapter) in Thief on 25/2/2014 at Trueachievements.org

Old 09-13-2014, 09:29 AM   #14
alejorom

xCGPx ALEJOROM's Gamercard
Talking

Love the saga. Getting all of them to play.
alejorom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 01:25 PM   #15
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I think part of the problem is that gamers are given such a better product now then they were in 2007. So I HATE when a new gamer plays this game and compares it to newer games. If you liked any of the creed games then you can't hate everything about this game. This game set the table for all the other creed games. It's like saying I HATE meat but I love hamburgers, meatballs and meatloaf. They are all forms of meat.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:28 AM   #16
Zniper Alpha

Zniper Alpha's Gamercard
If it were still 2007... I don't think you'd hate it. You just have a higher standard now than you did then. As for me, I don't mind it at all. I like some parts of it while others can be quite frustrating.

EDIT: I agree with what Spanish Assault said.

EDIT 2: And ImaginaryRuins.

Last edited by Zniper Alpha; 09-15-2014 at 10:36 AM. Reason: O.C.D.; Didn't read the other posts until after I made my post.
Zniper Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:04 PM   #17
MonoPegasus516

MonoPegasus516's Gamercard
I liked the game. I even started playing it again, however now it seems to easy to play without getting bord from time to time. Although I do agree that there is a lot of repetition, I think this game gets you started for the rest of the games in the series. Each game gets progressively harder as you go along.
MonoPegasus516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 02:07 PM   #18
Suedon70

SueDon70's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dz06lt View Post
Agree 100%. I played and completed AC2 before I started this one and didn't really care for it. The flags in the kingdom are so dang frustrating! I'm still missing one of them

Suedon70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 03:39 AM   #19
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
It's not THAT bad. After the first two, it became a clusterfuck. The first two just kept it simple and straight to the point.

iBuzz7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 04:07 AM   #20
Slaughter.
\_(ツ)_/

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shinobi273   The Best of 2014 Challenge Club - Tier 2   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 2   Subscriber - Bronze
I really didn't enjoy the game either. I found it linear and repetitive to the point where it wasn't even fun. The mission structure is literally identical in every mission.

Every Assassins Creed game except for this one is great.

Staff Club Breakdown
My Gallery
| XBA Blog
I put the laughter in slaughter.
Slaughter. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:43 AM   #21
Lavindathar

Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Journeyman   The Best of 2014 Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Gold   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien
Total Awards: 32 (more» ...)
First was by far the worst.
Last 100% Completion : Batman Arkham Knight (1000g) (Xbox One)

Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 01:38 PM   #22
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter. View Post
I really didn't enjoy the game either. I found it linear and repetitive to the point where it wasn't even fun. The mission structure is literally identical in every mission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavindathar View Post
First was by far the worst.
Apparently story and originality mean nothing to some people. Shoehorning MP and adding a pirate theme really brought this series down. I did enjoy Black Flag but NOT as a Assassins Creed game.

Old 09-21-2014, 02:43 PM   #23
Kairi

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Impossible Trinity - Silver   Staff Club - troy0891   Referrals - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Runner Up   A+ Thread Award   Staff - Moderator   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver
Total Awards: 25 (more» ...)
I haven't played the other games of the series yet (although I will be working on it since I currently own them all, even the ones not available on Xbox like Bloodlines and Discovery), but I really liked this game a lot and enjoyed playing it! I loved the story, the gameplay, while repetitive, was very fun, and the setting was really unique and interesting.
Kairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 02:51 PM   #24
ImaginaryRuins

Quote:

Well, you may want to know most game critics gave the game positive reviews, despite all the linear and repetitive drawbacks. I too found it repetitive but not to the extreme point. If you ask me, collecting all the golden bricks in Lego video games is even more unbearable than collecting the flags.

The missions aren't all the same; the intel collecting part is more or less similar I would say. Combat is also non-evolving that even the bosses fight the same way, but still challenging and engaging enough.

Anyway, now that we have so many titles in the Creed series, AC1 indeed has a lot that it failed to offer, but come on, it is the first one in the series and I would be very surprised if it had been perfect right at the beginning.

Old 09-21-2014, 03:24 PM   #25
Slaughter.
\_(ツ)_/

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shinobi273   The Best of 2014 Challenge Club - Tier 2   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 2   Subscriber - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Assault View Post
Apparently story and originality mean nothing to some people. Shoehorning MP and adding a pirate theme really brought this series down. I did enjoy Black Flag but NOT as a Assassins Creed game.
Wait so if I don't mention the story, it means that the story meant nothing to me?

I actually enjoyed the story in all the Assassins Creed games and this one is no exception, I just didn't have fun doing the same things over and over.

Staff Club Breakdown
My Gallery
| XBA Blog
I put the laughter in slaughter.
Slaughter. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 04:37 PM   #26
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Wait so if I don't mention the story, it means that the story meant nothing to me?

I actually enjoyed the story in all the Assassins Creed games and this one is no exception, I just didn't have fun doing the same things over and over.
Not enjoying the game means you didn't enjoy the game. So to me that tells me there wasn't anything you enjoyed about the game.

My point was that the story, setting and the game itself was amazing. So much so that I was able to ignore some of the repetitiveness and flaws in the gameplay. To me a GREAT story makes the game.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:51 AM   #27
Phaythos

Paythos's Gamercard
I'm p'aying it just now. i'm about tothe middle of the storyand i'm bored, too repetitive.

climb, spot, do and repeat
Old 10-27-2014, 10:29 AM   #28
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
When i first played it in 2007 it was amazing loved it! It's only gotten better too, ezio's ones are fantastic.

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 01:11 AM   #29
USMC 90 95

USMC 90 95's Gamercard
I thought this game was great when it first came out. In fact, playing AC1, Cod Modern Warfare, and Bioshock was probably the best time I've had on the 360.
USMC 90 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 03:29 AM   #30
FireBallZ24

FireBallZ24's Gamercard
Being the first of it's kind, I thought it was amazing and revolutionary. Free running/Parkour was so great and Ubisoft definitely evolved it when doing the next 3 games which then evolved further when AC3 came out. The only thing that I hate about AC1 is the flag collection haha, oh there a so many but other than that and when going back to it, it's slower than the latest (of course) it's a great game still

Signature designed by the amazing Spazaz Man.
FireBallZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote