PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-11-2014, 12:24 PM   #1
Lavindathar
The Amyrilin Seat

Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts   Xbox One Launch Title Challenge Club - Tier 2   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver
Total Awards: 30 (more» ...)
Some Advice Required

Ok guys, so I played this game approx 4 years ago, and got 750g and around 75% of the achievements. I want to go back to complete it, but looking at the list I can't remember naff all.

https://live.xbox.com/en-GB/Activity...To=Lavindathar

So, from seeing what I need to finish, do I need to complete the game? I'm guessing I do from the Lucy dialogues, or maybe the glitch things? Or can I get away with doing most of it early on?

Any tips on how best to do this quickly would be appreciated.
Last Achievement : Competitive streak - Sniper Elite 3 (Xbox One) - 20g
Last 100% Completion : Sniper Elite 3 (Xbox One)

Thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar and the sig.
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 12:43 PM   #2
Corrupt.
Guide Team High Council

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 45 (more» ...)
For the "Lucy Dialogues" related achievement, you will need to play a game, start to finish and listen to everything, so if you missed any you will need to restart anyway.

How many of the flags/templars do you have? If you have most of them, I'd finish those up first as they are the most time consuming.

If like me, you have a few but no idea which, I would recommend starting new straight away and using a checklist for them.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:30 AM   #3
Lavindathar
The Amyrilin Seat

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts   Xbox One Launch Title Challenge Club - Tier 2   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt. View Post
For the "Lucy Dialogues" related achievement, you will need to play a game, start to finish and listen to everything, so if you missed any you will need to restart anyway.

How many of the flags/templars do you have? If you have most of them, I'd finish those up first as they are the most time consuming.

If like me, you have a few but no idea which, I would recommend starting new straight away and using a checklist for them.
Right, I'll start again then.

This is gonna SUCK.

Old 05-12-2014, 03:16 PM   #4
Corrupt.
Guide Team High Council

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 45 (more» ...)
That is what I thought when I restarted. Thoroughly enjoyed it though.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:55 PM   #5
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavindathar View Post
Right, I'll start again then.

This is gonna SUCK.
I recently completed this from having nothing done in the game and it wasn't that bad - well, except for the flags and Templars.

For Conversationalist, you need to be sure to interact with everything when you're out of the Animus and don't go to your bedroom until it is the only thing left to do. Be sure to talk to Lucy until she just repeats lines about you being tired and wanting rest.

The flags and Templars are going to be your biggest hurdle, but only because there are so goddamned many of them. Be sure to use those interactive maps, they help immensely, though they don't have a way for you to check off the Templars, so you should keep track elsewhere.

For Eagle's Flight, as soon as you get into it with your first enemy, just hold down block for 10 minutes.

For Eagle's Dive, you can use the training area in Masyaf. Just select a move other than Combo Kill and you can perform them on the practice guy without the test having to be reset.

For Hungerer of Knowledge, if you still have your old save, can be obtained by replaying the assassinations. Apparently even if you've gotten them before, they still count toward the achievement.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:14 PM   #6
Lavindathar
The Amyrilin Seat

Lavindathar's Gamercard

No, I don't have my old save as my son destroyed my HDD.

However, because of the Lucy dialogue it doesn't seem that bad.

My general plan is this :

Finish the game as fast as I can, avoiding every flag/templar where possible with the aim of having killed/collected zero (from what I can remember, there is no in game tracking).

Making sure obviously I speak to Lucy and get the glitches. That's easy, so im not worried about that.

My problem is, on the rig my xbox is in my cabin with no internet. I have to go to the communal area, download a YT video, then go back to my cabin. However, if you can link to some of these interactive maps, they sound handy?

So, for the experts :

How long would you estimate it for me to Speed run through the game, and how long for the flags/templars?

Old 05-14-2014, 03:30 PM   #7
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Quote:
No, I don't have my old save as my son destroyed my HDD.
D'oh!

Quote:
My general plan is this :

Finish the game as fast as I can, avoiding every flag/templar where possible with the aim of having killed/collected zero (from what I can remember, there is no in game tracking).
Since you don't need the achievements for the full synch bar and doing all of the side stuff, I would also wait to pick them up after finishing the story.

But keep an eye on those Templars. Occasionally when I got into it with guards near their locations they'd eventually make an appearance. So make note if you kill one...

Quote:
My problem is, on the rig my xbox is in my cabin with no internet. I have to go to the communal area, download a YT video, then go back to my cabin. However, if you can link to some of these interactive maps, they sound handy?
Here ya be:

http://www.assassinscreed-maps.com/Maps.htm

If you hover over the numbers for flags or the green dots for Templars, it'll give you a screenshot and a brief description of the location. Very handy...
Old 05-14-2014, 06:29 PM   #8
Lavindathar
The Amyrilin Seat

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Ok, so if I can finish the game withr zero Templars of flags I look in a decent position. Care to estimate time?

Old 05-14-2014, 08:24 PM   #9
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Quote:
Ok, so if I can finish the game withr zero Templars of flags I look in a decent position. Care to estimate time?
Well, I played the game not having completed anything, and I collected the flags and killed the Templars as I went, so I really can't give you an accurate time frame.

Doing it that way, it took me about a week to complete. That is, playing for a few hours a day, not that I spent the entirety of a week playing it, but that was the whole game. I'd guesstimate it'd take you around 5-8 hours to get them all, but that is a wild guesstimate.

So it really depends on how much flag gathering you can tolerate in one sitting. I at least had the assassinations to break things up, trying to get them all in one go could get really monotonous. I'd recommend to start collecting with Kingdom, too, since you can then use fast travel to get to all of the cities.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:50 AM   #10
lornesbored

Lorne117's Gamercard
Quote:
that interactive map site he gave you is the best. but since you have to go to a cabin to get internet make sure you run your mouse over all the locations so you download the pictures then dont navigate away.

collecting all the crap including all the templars probably took about an hour each city, then for the kingdom another 2.5-3 hours.

Like you I just came back after a year of not playing because I couldnt find 3 templars and 9 flags but since i used those interactive maps it took me almost 2 hours to scour most of the kingdom.

Grapes.
lornesbored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:42 AM   #11
Lavindathar
The Amyrilin Seat

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Well I started last night.

I changed my plan a little bit though, I'm doing all flags and Templars as I go except kingdom which I'll do last. For example, in memory block one I got the masysuf flags. Memory block 2 when you go Damascus poor, I got all 33 flags and 3 Templars from damascus poor.

Hopefully by doing it this way it will break it up into smaller sections, and as I do it as I go I won't need fast travel from Kingdom.

Quite enjoying it tbh, but the free running controls are bad lol. No wonder they changed it for ac2

Old 05-15-2014, 12:35 PM   #12
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I recently re-bought AC to finish off the flags too. :/ I don't have my old save so also going to have to restart but quite looking forward to it I guess. I just need to collect all flags from Acre, The Kingdom and kill every Templar. Can't wait! Did the remaining flags and dialogue in 2011, and everything else when game came out in 2008 lol. Guess I'm unable to play this game in one go, even though it's a great fucking game.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 02:11 PM   #13
Lavindathar
The Amyrilin Seat

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Yeah I'm enjoying it, and the flags aren't that tedious. I never attempted back when I first played, wasn't into achievements (this was my first 360 game), but hopefully ill get it done this week.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:49 AM   #14
Lavindathar
The Amyrilin Seat

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Just an update. I've split the collectibles up Into the blocks of 33, and doing them as I go
I'm currently halfway through memory block four, so that's roughly half of the collectibles and Templars done.

Old 05-22-2014, 12:44 PM   #15
Lavindathar
The Amyrilin Seat

Lavindathar's Gamercard

1000g.....cheers for your help guys.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:40 PM   #16
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Quote:
1000g.....cheers for your help guys.
Cheers!