PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Card and Board > Poker Night 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-24-2013, 11:23 AM   #1
animusVOXone

Neditch's Gamercard

TellTale Games' Poker Night 2
Achievement Guide and Roadmap by AnimusVOXone (GT: Neditch).

Overview:
- Price: 800
- Estimated achievement difficulty: 4/10 for 400 (Depends on Poker Skill)
- Offline: 18 (400)
- Online: 0
- Approximate time: 8-10 Hours for 400 (Depends on Poker Skill)
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: N/A
- Missable achievements: None
- Does difficulty affect Achievements? N/A
- Unobtainable achievements: None
- Unlockable Gamerpics: N/A

Useful Links:
Download Link (Xbox.com) - 444.17MB
Avatar Awards and Unlockables Guide (Thanks Doktor Wilhelm!)

Introduction:
The chips are down and the ante is up in this sentence already bursting with poker clichés! Take the fifth seat in Poker Night 2, at a table featuring Claptrap (Borderlands 2), Brock Samson (The Venture Bros.), Ash (Army of Darkness) and Sam (Sam and Max series). So play to win because winning unlocks unique skins and heads to use in Borderlands 2 and exclusive avatar items! Your dealer is GLaDOS (Portal series), but at no point will you be considered as a candidate for a visit to Aperture Science’s Enrichment Center. Unless you lose.

Playthrough Strategy:
The quickest way to earn all 400 is by playing in Omaha Tournaments and going "All-In" every hand. With any luck, other characters will call and you can quickly eliminate the competition. If you are going to lose the hand, Dashboard out. It is important to pay attention to the win percentage probability meter under the characters names (See Below). Then from the Main Menu, select Continue Tournament and you will either go back to a previous save point or if you dashboarded out after the first hand, you will begin a new Tournament, but you di not lose the buy-in from the previous Tournament. With this method I was able to 100% the game in about 5-6 Hours.

*Note: It is smart to just play the first hand normal and not use the "All-In" method so the game can have a save point.

Win Percentage Probability Meter.

Single-Player (Offline) Achievements (18):

One Hand Clapping - 10
Won a hand.

Unlocks after winning your first hand.

I Tournament to Do That - 15
Won a tournament.

Unlocks after winning your first tournament (Can be Hold 'em or Omaha).

We'll Drink to That - 10
Purchased a drink.

While it is your turn, press to bring up the Help & Tutorial Menu and press to select Order Drinks. Select which character you wish to buy a drink for, then select Buy.

*Note: Each Drink costs 5 Tokens, which are unlocked by winning hands/tournaments.

Felt Up - 10
Purchased a Felt.

See Deck the Halls.

Chip on Your Shoulder - 10
Purchased a set of Chips.

See Deck the Halls.

Deck the Halls - 10
Bought your first deck.

These Achievements unlock after purchasing your first Felt, Chip Set and Deck from the Unlocks screen. Each item costs anywhere from 15 - 360 Tokens. You unlock Tokens by winning/placing in tournaments. Winning a Tournament earns you 100 Tokens. 2nd Place 50, 3rd Place 20, 4th Place 10.

To access the Unlocks screen, press to pause the game. Now press or until you reach the Unlocks screen.

Unlock all the Things - 55
You've unlocked every poker item in the game.

You must purchase every Felt, Chip Set and Deck to unlock this Achievement. This requires 1,555 Tokens.

Joint Venture - 25
Unlocked the Venture Bros theme.

See This Was a Triumph.

Border Crossing - 25
Unlocked the Borderlands theme.

See This Was a Triumph.

Army Surplus - 25
Unlocked the Army of Darkness theme.

See This Was a Triumph.

Sam to the Max - 25
Unlocked the Sam & Max theme.

See This Was a Triumph.

This Was a Triumph - 25
Unlocked the Portal theme.

To unlock each theme, you must first purchase the corresponding Felt, Chips and Deck for each game. Once you have bought each item, press to pause the game. Now press or until you reach the Unlocks screen. Now simply select the Felt, Chips and Deck for a single game (i.e. Borderlands), press to return to the game. The theme will then change to whichever game you selected and the Achievement will unlock for the corresponding game.

Orb 'n' Legends - 20
Win Brock's bounty item.

See Personality Goes a Long Way.

Trophy Wife - 20
Win Claptrap's bounty item.

Book 'Em - 20
Win Ash's bounty item.

Banjo Hero - 20
Win Sam's bounty item.

Personality Goes a Long Way - 20
Win GLaDOS's bounty item.

Each of these items are called "Bounties". To win each bounty you must complete 3 challenges in the game. The challenges differ from Going "All-In" in a hand, to winning a Showdown with 3 of a Kind or Better. Once you have completed each of the 3 challenges, you must win your next tournament to unlock one of the bounties that each of the individual characters put up.

*Note: The Bounty challenges will not be available until after your first tournament. To see what your current challenges are, press or access the Bounties Screen in the Pause Menu.

We Are the 1% - 55
You've won a million dollars.

This Achievement can be a little deceiving, but it does mean you must have a balance of $1,000,000, not win $1,000,000. So if you lose a tournament, it does affect how long it will take you to unlock this Achievement. To see how much you have won, press to pause the game. Now press or until you reach the Stats screen.

Last edited by animusVOXone; 05-28-2013 at 08:51 AM.
animusVOXone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:29 PM   #2
animusVOXone

Neditch's Gamercard
Notes & Tips:

Poker Items and themes:
Below is a run-down of how many tokens it will take to unlock each theme.

Borderlands: Chips (20), Deck (40), Felt (60) - Total: 120 Tokens
Sam & Max: Chips (25), Deck (50), Felt (70) - Total: 145 Tokens
Venture Bros: Chips (35), Deck (70), Felt (105) - Total: 210 Tokens
Army of Darkness: Chips (60), Deck (120), Felt (180) - Total: 360 Tokens
Portal: Chips (120), Deck (240), Felt (360) - Total: 720 Tokens

Winning a Tournament earns you 100 Tokens. 2nd Place 50, 3rd Place 20, 4th Place 10.

Freezing issues:
There has been an issue of freezing in the game. So beware that at anytime the game could freeze on you and without any warning.

Dashboard out:
If you feel like you are about to lose a hand, or are guaranteed to lose a hand, you can dashboard out and the tournament will save to a previous point. This is effective when going for the $1-million dollar bankroll Achievement because you could go "All-In" and if you are going to lose the hand, you can dashboard out. This is most effective when playing against the final character in the tournament.

*Note: You must play at least one-hand before dashboarding out for the game to have a save point.

Omaha over Hold 'em:
It is the overall belief that an Omaha tournament is easier to win and I agree. Not only do you get two more hole cards to choose from, it seems as if you get much better hands while playing Omaha.

Last edited by animusVOXone; 05-21-2013 at 03:41 AM.
animusVOXone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #3
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktor Wilhelm View Post
You beat me to it!

Anyways, good guide, the only thing I could think of that your guide would benefit from would be: How many Unlock Tokens each chips/cards/table set costs and how many tournaments it'll take to win enough for them (such as 7 and a bit tournaments for the 720 tokens needed for the portal set, etc!).
Working on that right now. Thanks!
TealPavelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #4
WORLDEATER

WORLDEATER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Great job on getting this up so fast.
WORLDEATER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:30 PM   #5
Agent CH

Agent CH's Gamercard
Rgarding We Are the 1%, does losing tournaments lose money towards this achievement? Or does it only count winnings?

For example, let's say you bust out. You lost $10,000. Does this pull you $10,000 further away from the achievement?

Agent CH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #6
Doktor Wilhelm

Location: North East, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol System.

Doktor Wilhelm's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TealPavelski View Post
Note: Each time you win a tournament, you are given 100 Tokens.
And if you're 2nd: you get 50 tokens.

"Video games don't affect kids. If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Marcus Brigstocke
Doktor Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #7
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent CH View Post
Rgarding We Are the 1%, does losing tournaments lose money towards this achievement? Or does it only count winnings?

For example, let's say you bust out. You lost $10,000. Does this pull you $10,000 further away from the achievement?
Good question, but I believe that it only counts the money you win. As soon as I find out for sure I will update the guide.
TealPavelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #8
WORLDEATER

WORLDEATER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Good question, but I believe that it only counts the money you win. As soon as I find out for sure I will update the guide.
The game keeps track of you "current balance" which is your winnings minus loses. If you need to get your current balance over a million that makes it a little bit more difficult.
WORLDEATER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #9
Postmodernmartyr

Send a message via Yahoo to Postmodernmartyr

PostModernMartr's Gamercard
It's important to note, at least in the road map, if you dashboard out mid game, it seems to save after an elimination or when blinds go up. This can make getting the earnings and points incredibly easy.

Like Hip Hop? ... Try this!

Games Complete: 80
Postmodernmartyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:52 PM   #10
LV 233

bawj's Gamercard
I think it should be noted that if you are about to lose a hand(especially if you just went all in) you can dashboard and replay the hand with different cards. I also find that it is easier to get good hands playing Omaha rather than Texas Hold'em.
LV 233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:05 AM   #11
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
nice guide....link to avatar thread is broken.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:22 AM   #12
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Great guide.

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:24 AM   #13
animusVOXone

Neditch's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
nice guide....link to avatar thread is broken.
Fixed it. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 04-25-2013, 03:48 AM   #14
Agent CH

Agent CH's Gamercard
Quote:
I checked this achievement at TrueAchievements, and the solution there states that losing a tournament does indeed set you back on the path to this achievement.

Though between being able to dashboard out of a bad situation and Omaha Hold'em being easier, winning doesn't sound as hard as it was in the first game.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:24 AM   #15
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Thanks for the guide man!
Excited to pick this up soon
KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #16
animusVOXone

Neditch's Gamercard
I am one win away from $1,000,000 and I will have completed the game. A lot easier than I was expecting!
Old 04-25-2013, 04:19 PM   #17
squid5580

thanx4tehfish's Gamercard
You can also dashboard if you get a set of bounties you don't like. Just exit right away.

squid5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:30 AM   #18
DM HavoX

D M HavoX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Nice Guide!

Its a shame Lucas Arts folded, I loved the Sam and Max games... ahhh point and click...
Old 04-26-2013, 02:55 AM   #19
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Any tips for the bounty where you win a showdown with a kicker? I am going to reach $1,000,000 and buy all the items before I finish this bounty at the rate I am going. -.-

EDIT: Is there a way to get new bounties after completing 2/3? I seriously don't think I'll ever finish this one.

Last edited by xhunterrrr; 04-26-2013 at 03:35 AM.
xhunterrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:48 AM   #20
animusVOXone

Neditch's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
Any tips for the bounty where you win a showdown with a kicker? I am going to reach $1,000,000 and buy all the items before I finish this bounty at the rate I am going. -.-

EDIT: Is there a way to get new bounties after completing 2/3? I seriously don't think I'll ever finish this one.
The only way is to Dashboard out right after you get your challenges unfortunately. Eventually you will get it. I won many hands by having a higher kicker.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #21
Scnew

scnew's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DM HavoX View Post
Nice Guide!

Its a shame Lucas Arts folded, I loved the Sam and Max games... ahhh point and click...
You know LucasArts didn't have anything to do with the last three Sam and Max games, right?
Scnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #22
zslux

zslux's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post

I dashboarded until I got 3 that I liked. If you dashboard when selecting the 3 new challenges/on the first hand after getting the new challenges, you can get 3 new challenges.

Also: I strongly recommend bluffing like hell to get minor money off the players. I found out that this works the best

zslux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #23
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Quote:
Originally Posted by zslux View Post
I dashboarded until I got 3 that I liked. If you dashboard when selecting the 3 new challenges/on the first hand after getting the new challenges, you can get 3 new challenges.

Also: I strongly recommend bluffing like hell to get minor money off the players. I found out that this works the best
Well, I can't do that as I've already completed 2 out of the three bounties. Like I said.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:53 PM   #24
artphobia

CthulhuCalamari's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scnew View Post
You know LucasArts didn't have anything to do with the last three Sam and Max games, right?
QFT! People just don't recognize
Old 04-27-2013, 02:48 AM   #25
Agent CH

Agent CH's Gamercard
Something I noticed and believe is worth mentioning: When using the "go all-in on every hand" strategy, don't do it on the first hand of a tournament. Play the first hand like normal (or just fold) and let it come to an end. That way, the game reaches a "save point" to continue from.

Starting a tournament takes $20K from your balance. So if you go all-in and lose on the first hand repeatedly, even if you quit/dashboard before the hand ends, you'll keep losing money starting new tournaments.

This is just based on my currenty limited experience with the Steam version. I've only just won my first tournament, so I don't know if, say, getting your bounty challenges or a character buying in with an item creates a "save point" at the start of a tournament.

Last edited by Agent CH; 04-27-2013 at 03:11 AM.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:45 PM   #26
animusVOXone

Neditch's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent CH View Post
Something I noticed and believe is worth mentioning: When using the "go all-in on every hand" strategy, don't do it on the first hand of a tournament. Play the first hand like normal (or just fold) and let it come to an end. That way, the game reaches a "save point" to continue from.

Starting a tournament takes $20K from your balance. So if you go all-in and lose on the first hand repeatedly, even if you quit/dashboard before the hand ends, you'll keep losing money starting new tournaments.

This is just based on my currenty limited experience with the Steam version. I've only just won my first tournament, so I don't know if, say, getting your bounty challenges or a character buying in with an item creates a "save point" at the start of a tournament.
That is a smart tip and I added it as a note in my playthrough method. Thanks!
Old 04-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #27
CloudStr1f3

Weapon Ultima's Gamercard
I think it's also worth noting that Bounties don't actually unlock in any particular order. Sam's banjo was the first one offered to me, and if you end up losing a tournament that has a Bounty up for grabs, when you start a new tournament the game seems to choose another random Bounty to play for.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #28
batboy

BATB0Y1983's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudStr1f3 View Post
I think it's also worth noting that Bounties don't actually unlock in any particular order. Sam's banjo was the first one offered to me, and if you end up losing a tournament that has a Bounty up for grabs, when you start a new tournament the game seems to choose another random Bounty to play for.
This is right. I'm up for a bounty item right now and the first one that I got a chance to get is the orb from Brock.
batboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:30 PM   #29
ArjanN

arjan666's Gamercard
I'm glad none of the achievements are luck-based like in the last game.
ArjanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:50 AM   #30
animusVOXone

Neditch's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudStr1f3 View Post
Thanks for the heads up! I wasn't sure if they unlocked in any certain order, so I just had them up the way I unlocked them until I was sure. Anyways I updated the guide.